About the Rockford Fosgate 400-Watt Bass Package
All your bass in one place
All your bass in one place
Which sub do I buy? Which amp do I get? Putting a bass system together for your vehicle can be confusing, so we've eliminated the guesswork. This Crutchfield-approved bass package features Rockford Fosgate's R500X1D amplifier and their P2D4-12 subwoofer, along with Sound Ordnance's BB12-125S sealed enclosure, a great combination that will get you and your car rockin'. Just add wiring and you've got a recipe for deep, satisfying bass.
Rockford Fosgate designed the P2D4-12 12" subwoofer to handle up to 400 watts RMS, dishing out the kind of powerful low end you crave in your ride. Its responsive paper cone is reinforced with the same Kevlar® fibers used in bulletproof vests so you get the best of both worlds — warm bass that's exceptionally hard-hitting. Rockford Fosgate uses a new technique to attach the oversized rubber surround to the cone that increases available cone area up to 25%, so this sub can push more air for even bigger bass.
Clean power, extensive controls
This Prime Series R500X1D mono amp delivers 500 watts RMS to the sub (a little extra power is a good thing), so you can really feel your bass rockin'. You can use the low-pass filter and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch boost to get the best possible bass from the sub and enclosure in your vehicle. A phase switch gets your sub firing along with your other speakers for maximum impact, while the speaker-level inputs let you hook this amp up to almost any system, even a factory stereo. The included wired remote lets you control the amp's volume level from the front seat.
Sound Ordnance's rugged BB12-125S enclosure comes built to last and ready to help your sub deliver real low-frequency firepower. This unloaded box features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations. Rounded outside corners and recessed panels allow them to fit into more vehicles, while tough black carpeting defends against incoming nicks and scratches. The BB12-125S sealed enclosure holds one 12" subwoofer and offers an internal volume of 1.27 cubic feet.
- Rockford Fosgate package includes R500X1D amplifier, P2D4-12 12" subwoofer, and Sound Ordnance BB12-125S sealed enclosure
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D amplifier
- mono subwoofer amplifier: 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- included wired remote Punch Level Control
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-1/2"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12 12" subwoofer
- one 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- Kevlar® reinforced paper cone
- power range: 150-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 27-250 Hz
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
Sound Ordnance BB12-125S sealed enclosure
- sealed hatchback style enclosure for one 12" subwoofer
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- 17-1/4"W x 14-3/8"H x 13-5/8"D1 x 10-7/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains three individualy-packaged items: the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D mono amplifier/ the Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12 12" subwoofer/ and the Sound Ordnance BB12-125S subwoofer enclosure
- The R500X1D box includes:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Remote Punch Level Control module
- 18' Remote Punch Level Control cable (RJ-25 connector on both ends)
- 6" Speaker level input harness
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Two 1/2" Screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier verification certificate
- The P2D4-12 box includes:
- One 12" Dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Trim ring
- Eight 1-1/8" Allen head screws
- 4mm Allen head bit
- Installation/Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German)
- The BB12-125S box includes:
- Hatchback-style enclosure for one 12" subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate 400-Watt Bass Package reviews
I was worried 500w wasn't enough for my wagon. I was worried the sealed box wouldn't push enough bump, I was worried the quality wasn't up to the level I wanted it to be. I was completely wrong. This hits so hard and sounds so good! When I use the remote boost I can either fill my car with full rich bass for my music or shake my mirrors and vibrate my lungs.
Pros: Great sound Looks good Hits really hard Good price
Cons: I had to buy a grille and wiring kit extra so it's not a COMPLETE package.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I couldn't be happier with this package. With every punch of the sub, I know it was money well spent! It is Rockford Fosgate.
Pros: Affordable, sounds great, doesn't take up hardly any hatch space, amp pushes it easily and then some. Looks great!
Cons: Nitpicking here but have to buy grille separate. The Sound Ordnance box is great, but I was really liking the ported Punch boxes.
0 of 0 found this helpful
My first system I've installed myself. It's straight forward and easy to install. Plus the self gratification once you get it all in feels amazing!!
Pros: Easy install, sounds great
Cons: Nothing so far! ??
0 of 0 found this helpful
My son bought this to install in his 2005 Ford F150 Supercab. Along with a new head unit, the install was quick and easy. We ran the wiring for the amp volume control, (not expecting too much) and dialed in the new head unit. Once that was done, I began tweaking the amp and WOW!!! This is a great package for the money he spent! Rockford Fosgate has always made a great product, but this is one of the best! Thank you Crutchfield for a great package deal that won't break the bank, but might break a few noise ordinances!
Pros: Great sound Easy Install
0 of 0 found this helpful
Went from having 4 little 6 1/2 kenwood speakers to 4 speakers plus this package. It is a complete transformation. To start, the amp is actually 500 watts not 400. I have the subwoofer in the trunk of my 1993 Mercedes 300e and it feels like a back massage every time I crank the stereo. It delivers so much depth to your music and makes listening to music so much more fun regardless of genre. If your someone who doesn't have a subwoofer at all or has a weak one you can hardly hear, get this package and it will make your music come alive
Pros: Turns your music from sound to an experience
Cons: Doesn't come with wiring kit but Crutchfield has a good Rockford fosgate one for sale
6 of 7 found this helpful
I bought this weekend and installed it using some guides online. I could not be happier with how everything turned out, and I would absolutely recommend this kit to someone who doesn't want to go and purchase all the components of a sub separately.
8 of 9 found this helpful
I received this for Christmas from my wife. I love everything about this package. I installed it in my 2003 Honda Accord with stock radio using the high level inputs and it sounds great. The amplifier verification certificate states the RMS power at 628. The whole car shakes when I turn it up! I eventually upgraded the HU to the Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS and I couldn't be happier with it.
Pros: Lots of Bass. Shakes the whole car
Cons: none yet
6 of 6 found this helpful
This is a solid bass package. Very clean sound. Plus, it's surprisingly loud! Amazing product.
Pros: Great price for all that you get. Great sound and a good amount of bass.
Cons: Nothing really. Although the actual rms my amp puts out is 646. That's way more than I need for this sub, but if I ever upgrade subs I know the amp can handle it. So it's not a big deal at all!
11 of 11 found this helpful
Very good product. great high and low. Would purchase again really good for the price
Pros: great high and low, strong quality
11 of 12 found this helpful
More details on the Rockford Fosgate 400-Watt Bass Package
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R500X1D Class D mono amplifier is designed to power subwoofers. The Class D design and extruded aluminum heatsink allows the amplifier to run cool and efficiently, and results in a small footprint.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R500X1D's power ratings are measured according to the uniform standards advocated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output and signal to noise ratio of all CEA-2006 compliant amplifiers, even different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to these standards can display the CEA-2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- 4 Ohms: 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- 2 Ohms: 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- S/N: 80 dB, measured at 1 watt output (100 dB measured at rated power)
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with an LED power/protect indicator. The LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. It illuminates red if the thermal or short circuit protection circuit is engaged, and the amplifier will automatically turn off.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted in an engine compartment as this will void the warranty.
- Gain Control: Use the amplifier's gain control to match the output of the source unit. The rotary gain control is labeled 1 to 11 and has a sensitivity range of 150mV to 4V when using a preamp level signal, 450mV to 12V when using a speaker level signal.
- Remote Punch Level Control: The R500X1D includes a wired Remote Punch Level Control, linked to the gain control of the amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or center console. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and an 18' cable.
Note: The Remote Punch Level Control measures approximately 1-3/4" wide (2-5/8" including the mounting flange) x 3/4" high x 1-5/8" deep (2-1/8" deep including the knob and wiring).
- Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass crossover. The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz. This being a subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
- Phase: The 2-position phase switch allows you to easily reverse the output phase of the amplifier; choose 0° or 180° to match the rest of your vehicle's speaker system.
- Punch EQ: The Punch EQ bass boost circuit is adjustable from 0 (min) to +12dB (max) and centered at 45Hz.
- Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 gauge power and ground wires. (Rockford Fosgate recommends 8 AWG minimum.)
Fuse: An external 50-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire at the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse. When not using a wiring kit, the v6-MANL fuse holder (item number 120MANL, sold separately) and MANL50 50-amp fuse (item number 120MANL50, sold separately) can be used.
- Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire. It's used to remotely turn the amplifier on and off.
- Speaker Terminals: The one pair of speaker outputs is nickel-plated set screw terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire.
- RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks provide an easy connection for preamp level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
- Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
- RCA Output Jacks: A pair of RCA pass-thru jacks provides a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of your vehicle to the amplifier location.
- Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is used with the included Remote Punch Level Control.
- Width: 8-1/2"
- Height: 2"
- Depth: 7-3/8"
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Punch P2D4-12 is a 12-inch subwoofer with dual 4Ω voice coils. The sub features a StampCast steel frame, quick-release compression terminals, a Kevlar fiber reinforced paper cone, and Santoprene surround. An anodized aluminum voice coil former and spider venting help keep the subwoofer cool.
Dual 4Ω Voice Coils: The dual 4Ω voice coils offer wiring flexibility; when wired in parallel the woofer presents a 2Ω load, when wired in series the woofer presents an 8Ω mono load.
Steel Basket: The P2D4-12 subwoofer features a StampCast steel basket for added rigidity.
Compression Terminals: The P2D4-12 features spring post terminals which accommodate speaker wire up to 10 gauge.
CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the P2D4-12 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards, meaning the subwoofer has the capacity to handle its rated power under continuous demand, not just for and instant.
FlexFit Basket: The Flex Fit frame utilizes slots (where possible) instead of single screw sized holes; allowing slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted.
Trim Ring: To improve the cosmetic look, a decorative trim ring is included that mounts over the flange of the woofer. When using the cast aluminum trim ring the woofer is first mounted with four screws, then the ring is placed on top of the woofer, aligning the final four holes of the woofer with ring. The other four screws are used for these holes to mount the ring and woofer to the enclosure. Without the trim ring the mounting height of the woofer is just over 7/8 of an inch, with the trim ring it's approximately 1-1/16 inches. The diameter of the trim ring is 13-5/16 inches.
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB12-125S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for one 12" subwoofer. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has 1.27 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB12-125S is equipped with a pair of spring-post speaker terminals mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure the terminal has an attached 21" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 17-3/8"
- Height: 14-1/2"
- Depth (bottom): 13-5/8"
- Depth (top): 10-1/2"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
12 questions already asked