About the Rockford Fosgate 1200-Watt Bass Package
All your bass in one place
All your bass in one place
Which sub do I buy? Which amp do I get? Putting a bass system together for your vehicle can be confusing, so we've eliminated the guesswork. This Crutchfield-approved bass package features the Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D amplifier, two P2D2-12 12" subwoofers, and the Sound Ordnance B122-125S sealed enclosure, a great combination that will get you and your car rockin'. Just add wiring and you've got a recipe for deep, satisfying bass.
Rockford Fosgate designed the P2D2-12 12" subwoofer to handle up to 400 watts RMS, dishing out the kind of powerful low end you crave in your ride. Its responsive paper cone is reinforced with the same Kevlar® fibers used in bulletproof vests so you get the best of both worlds — warm bass that's exceptionally hard-hitting. Rockford Fosgate uses a new technique to attach the oversized rubber surround to the cone that increases available cone area up to 25%, so this sub can push more air for even bigger bass. Dual 2-ohm voice coils allow you to wire these subs together for the correct 1-ohm load for the Prime amplifier.
Rockford Fosgate's versatile R1200-1D mono amp puts out 1,200 watts RMS to the two subs in this package (extra power is a good thing). Rockford Fosgate designed this Prime amp to deliver Power Output Without Excessive Regulation (POWER), which means it'll respond quickly to the peak demands that you may throw at your system. Low-pass and subsonic filters, along with Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch bass boost, let you tune your subs for maximum performance, so your driver's seat will become your favorite place to pick up the beat. And, speaking of the driver's seat, you can hook up the included wired remote knob to get fingertip control over this amp's bass impact.
Box of boom
Sound Ordnance's rugged BB122-125S sealed enclosure holds two 12" subwoofers and offers an internal volume of 1.26 cubic feet per chamber. This unloaded box features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations. Rounded outside corners and recessed panels allow it to fit into more vehicles, while tough black carpeting defends against incoming nicks and scratches.
- package includes R1200-1D amplifier, two P2D2-12 12" subwoofers, and Sound Ordnance B122-125S sealed enclosure
Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D amplifier
- mono subwoofer amplifier: 1,200 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (15-40 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- included wired remote Punch Level Control
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-1/8"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12 subwoofer
- two 12" subwoofers with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- Kevlar® reinforced paper cone with Santoprene surround
- power range: 150-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 27-250 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
Sound Ordnance B122-125S sealed enclosure
- sealed hatchback style enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- 32-5/8"W x 14-3/8"H x 13-5/8"D1 x 10-7/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains four individualy-packaged items: the Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D mono amplifier/ two Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12 12" subwoofers/ and the Sound Ordnance BB122-125S subwoofer enclosure
- The R1200-1D box includes:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Punch Level Control module
- 16.5' Punch Level Control cable terminated by an RJ25 connector on each end
- Two 1/2" Screws
- Four 1-1/2" Screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Installation & Operation Manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier Verification Certificate
- Each P2D4-12 box includes:
- One 12" Dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Trim ring
- Eight 1-1/8" Allen head screws
- 4mm Allen head bit
- Installation/Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German)
- The BB122-125S box includes:
- Hatchback-style enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate 1200-Watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate 1200-Watt Bass Package
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D is a mono Class D amplifier. It is optimized to power subwoofers, and is 1-ohm stable. The Class D design is very efficient with a cast aluminum heatsink to keep it in a small footprint. The amplifier has 85% average efficiency at 4-ohms or 2-ohms, and 80% at 1-ohm.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R1200-1D's power ratings are measured according to the uniform standards advocated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output and signal to noise ratio of all CEA-2006 compliant amplifiers, even different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to these standards can display the CEA-2006 logo on their products and packaging. The RMS power output is as follows (measured with a 14.4 volt input, <1% THD+N, 20-250 Hz):
- 4-Ohm: 400 watts x 1
- 2-Ohm: 800 watts x 1
- 1-Ohm: 1200 watts x 1
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with a top-mounted LED indicator which illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. The LED illuminates red when a protection circuit engages (short circuit or too low an impedance is detected at the speaker connections). The amplifier automatically turns off if this occurs.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically, horizontally, or inverted using the supplied mounting screws; horizontal mounting (right side up) will provide the best cooling.
- Gain Control: Use the amplifier's gain control to match the output of the source unit. The rotary gain control is labeled 1 to 11 and has a sensitivity range of 150mV to 5V.
- Remote Punch Level Control: A wired Remote Punch Level Control is included, linked to the gain control of the amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or center console. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and an 16-1/2' cable.
Note: The Remote Punch Level Control measures approximately 1-3/4" wide (2-5/8" including the mounting flange) x 3/4" high x 1-5/8" deep (2-1/8" deep including the knob and wiring).
- Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass crossover. The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz. This being a subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
- Infrasonic Filter: The variable 15-40Hz, 12 dB/octave infrasonic filter is designed to prevent frequencies below the audio range from being applied to the subwoofer.
- Punch EQ: The Punch EQ bass boost circuit is adjustable from 0 (min) to +18dB (max) and centered at 45Hz.
- Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 gauge power and ground wires. (Rockford Fosgate recommends 4 AWG minimum.)
Fuse: An external 100-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire at the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 100-amps, the original should be replaced with a 100-amp fuse.
- Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire. It's used to remotely turn the amplifier on and off.
- Speaker Terminals: The two pair of speaker outputs are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire. The terminals are internally wired in parallel.
- RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks provide an easy connection for preamp level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
- Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
- RCA Output Jacks: A pair of RCA pass-thru jacks provides a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of your vehicle to the amplifier location.
- Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is used with the included Remote Punch Level Control.
- Width: 11.095"
- Height: 1.978"
- Depth: 7.352"
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Punch P2D4-12 is a 12-inch subwoofer with dual 4Ω voice coils. The sub features a StampCast steel frame, quick-release compression terminals, a Kevlar fiber reinforced paper cone, and Santoprene surround. An anodized aluminum voice coil former and spider venting help keep the subwoofer cool.
Dual 4Ω Voice Coils: The dual 4Ω voice coils offer wiring flexibility; when wired in parallel the woofer presents a 2Ω load, when wired in series the woofer presents an 8Ω mono load.
Steel Basket: The P2D4-12 subwoofer features a StampCast steel basket for added rigidity.
Compression Terminals: The P2D4-12 features spring post terminals which accommodate speaker wire up to 10 gauge.
CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the P2D4-12 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards, meaning the subwoofer has the capacity to handle its rated power under continuous demand, not just for and instant.
FlexFit Basket: The Flex Fit frame utilizes slots (where possible) instead of single screw sized holes; allowing slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted.
Trim Ring: To improve the cosmetic look, a decorative trim ring is included that mounts over the flange of the woofer. When using the cast aluminum trim ring the woofer is first mounted with four screws, then the ring is placed on top of the woofer, aligning the final four holes of the woofer with ring. The other four screws are used for these holes to mount the ring and woofer to the enclosure. Without the trim ring the mounting height of the woofer is just over 7/8 of an inch, with the trim ring it's approximately 1-1/16 inches. The diameter of the trim ring is 13-5/16 inches.
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB122-125S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for two 12" subwoofers. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has two separate chambers, each with 1.265 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB122-125S is equipped with two pair of spring-post speaker terminals, one for each chamber, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, each set of terminals has an attached 21" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 32.75"
- Height: 14.5"
- Depth (bottom): 13.625"
- Depth (top): 10.625"
10 questions already asked