About the Sony 600-Watt Bass Package
When you're looking to upgrade your car's sound system, you already have to make a lot of decisions: which car stereo? what features? which speakers? Who needs the added hassle of selecting separate subwoofer components? Not you! This Crutchfield-approved bass package features the Sony XS-GSW121D 12" subwoofer and XM-GS100 amplifier, along with Sound Ordnance's BB12-95S Bass Bunker sealed enclosure. This winning combination combines the big sound of a 12" sub with Sony's sonic expertise to give you massive bass at a price-to-boom ratio that'll make you smile as much as your system's great new sound. All you'll have to do is connect the dots.
Advanced sub materials
The system centers around Sony's XS-GSW121D 12" subwoofer and its advanced cone construction. A unique mica-reinforced cellular glass fiber material that's foamed in a honeycomb fiber base makes the cone 10 times more rigid than a polypropylene cone, and the rubber surround stabilizes the cone even further. Its accurate bass response complements any kind of music.
Made for each other
Our experts wanted to pick the best possible match for this refined subwoofer, so what better choice than Sony's XM-GS100 amplifier? This hard-working amp punches out a whopping 600 watts of RMS power when the sub's dual voice coils are wired for 2-ohm impedance. Its features include adjustable low-pass and subsonic filters, variable bass boost, and Sony's Dynamic Distortion Suppressor and Active Thermal Control to help keep your power under control. The amp is also small enough to mount directly to the subwoofer enclosure to save additional space.
Tough as nails (and glue)
Sound Ordnance's BB12-95S Bass Bunker heavy-duty sealed enclosure is made for the long haul. Its high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction helps your sub to barrage you with low-frequency bombs. The box's sealed design helps the bass tight and musical, and its black industrial-grade carpet covering fits in with the dark corners of your vehicle's trunk.
Why spend precious time searching for components you hope will work together? Let our seasoned specialists do the heavy lifting, and go with powerful bass — Sony style.
- Sony package includes XM-GS100 amplifier, XS-GSW121D 12" subwoofer, and Sound Ordnance BB12-95S sealed enclosure
Sony XM-GS100 amplifier
- mono subwoofer amplifier: 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable low-pass filter (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 8"D
- warranty: 3 years
Sony XS-GSW121D 12" subwoofer
- one 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- mica reinforced cellular glass fiber cone with honeycomb internal matrix
- power handling: 420 watts RMS (2000 watts peak)
- frequency response: 20-600 Hz
- sensitivity: 84 dB
- grille not included
- warranty: 3 years
Sound Ordnance BB12-95S sealed enclosure
- sealed hatchback style enclosure for one 12" subwoofer
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- internal volume: 0.95 cubic feet
- 14-5/16"W x 13-9/16"H x 13-5/8"D1 x 10-9/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains three individualy-packaged items: the Sony XM-GS100 mono amplifier/ one Sony xs-GSW121D 12" subwoofer/ and the Sound Ordnance BB12-95S subwoofer enclosure
- The XM-GS100 box includes:
- Mono amplifier
- 4" Speaker level input harness
- Two 30 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- Four 1/2" Screws
- Operating instructions (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- The xs-GSW121D box includes:
- One 12" Dual 4-ohm voice coil woofer
- Plastic trim ring
- Adhesive backed foam gasket
- Eight 1-1/4" Self-tapping screws
- Instructions (multiple languages)
- Warranty information
- The BB12-95S box includes:
- Single hatchback-style enclosure for 12" subwoofer with spring-post terminals
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony 600-Watt Bass Package
Crossover: The low pass crossover is always engaged (cannot be bypassed); the crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 300 Hz.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter's cutoff frequency is continuously variable from 6 to 70 Hz.
Bass Boost: For added low frequency output, the amplifier has bass boost circuits centered at 40 Hz, variable from 0 to +10 dB.
Protection Circuitry: The amp has three protection circuits:
- Thermal: turns the amp off when the operating temperature is too high
- Short circuit: turns the amp off when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- DC Offset: turns the amp off when it generates direct current
Power/Ground Terminals: The power and ground screw terminals are 0.55" wide.
Remote Terminal: The remote turn on screw terminal is 0.36" wide.
Speaker Outputs: There are two pair of speaker output screw terminals, internally shorted together so it's easy to connect two subwoofers. Each terminal is 0.36" wide.
Speaker-level Input Harness: A 4-pin speaker level input harness is included, allowing you to easily connect the amplifier to a factory radio or a receiver without preamp outputs.
Auto Turn-on: When using the speaker level inputs, the amp will automatically turn on when it senses an input signal.
Preamp Outputs: The amplifier features one set of RCA preamp outputs so you can send audio to another amplifier in your system. The preamp outputs are not affected by the built-in crossover.
Note: The preamp outputs are not active when the speaker level input is used.
- Width: 10.75"
- Height: 2.125"
- Depth: 8"
Cone: The xs-GSW121D uses a honeycomb design MRC cone (Mica Reinforced Cellular glass fiber composite) to reduce weight and increase rigidity, delivering deep bass response.
Dual Voice Coils: For increased system flexibility, the woofer has two 4Ω voice coils. When the voice coils are wired in parallel, the woofer presents a 2Ω load. When the voice coils are wired in series, the woofer presents an 8Ω load.
Binding Posts: The binding post wire terminals will accept pin connectors, spade lugs, single banana plugs, and bare wire up to 10 gauge. The binding posts are spaced too close together to accept dual banana plugs.
Specification Note: Sony's rated power spec for the xs-GSW121D is 420 watts (derived using IEC 60268-5 standards). They also list the CEA 2031 compliant RMS power as 520 watts. We've adopted the 420 watt rating simply because it's the more conservative figure.
Trim Ring: If the sub is mounted without the cosmetic trim ring, the flange height is 0.241" and the mounting height is 0.6" (top mount).
Design: The Sound Ordnance BB12-95S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for a single 12" subwoofer. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has 0.95 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB12-95S is equipped with a pair of spring-post speaker terminals, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, the terminals have an attached 18" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 14.375"
- Height: 13.5625"
- Depth (bottom): 13.625"
- Depth (top): 10.5625"