About the Bose® Retail Sound System
Background/foreground music for your retail space
Background/foreground music for your retail space
You're busy helping customers all day, so leave your store's sound system to us. This all-in-one system is powered by a Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 190-HZ zone amplifier, with a volume control with A/B input selection, and four FreeSpace® DS 40SE surface-mount speakers.
You can tweak this system to suit your unique space. The speakers and volume control can be ordered in black or white to suit your decor. You can switch to all flush-mount speakers or build a mix-and-match hybrid system. You can even use the amplifier's extra headroom to add two more speakers as your business expands. One of our experienced Advisors can help you customize your system so it's exactly what you need.
Get a free system design
- customizable sound system for a small- to medium-sized retail space
- system warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® FreeSpace® IZA HZ-190 Zone Amplifier:
- single-channel, 90-watt commercial amplifier for distributed audio systems
- built-in custom EQ for Bose® FreeSpace® DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers
- A/B input selection switch
- individual input gain control knobs
- separate treble and bass controls
- 8-7/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 12-1/4"D
- weight: 7 lbs.
Four Bose® FreeSpace® DS 40SE Speakers:
- 4-1/2" full-range driver for background/foreground music and customer paging
- convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- frequency response: 80-17,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 87dB
- mounting bracket with variable pitch and yaw included
- 12-13/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 6-15/16"D
- weight: 8.5 lbs.
Bose® Control Center CC-2 Zone Volume Control:
- remote volume control with A/B source selection switch
- compatible with single-gang electrical boxes
- blank and pre-printed zone identification labels included
- requires CAT-5 cable
- 1-1/2"W x 4-1/8"H x 1-7/16"D
What's in the box:
- The Bose Retail Wall Mount Sound System bundle consists of the Bose FreeSpace IZA190 zone amplifier with four FreeSpace DS 40SE wall-mount loudspeakers and a CC-2 Control Center.
- The IZA190 zone amplifier box includes:
- Integrated zone amplifier
- 79" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Two 4-pin Euroblock connectors
- One 3-pin Euroblock connector
- One 2-pin Euroblock connector
- Four round plastic feet
- Four locking-pins for feet
- Owner's manual
- Each of the four DS 40SE speaker boxes includes:
- Wall-mount bracket
- P2 Phillips-head fastener
- 3 mm pin-in-hex head fastener
- Strain relief clamp
- 7 mm flat-head screw
- Installation guide
- The CC-2 Control Center box includes:
- Volume control
- Label sheet
- Owner's manual
More details on the Bose® Retail Sound System
Overview: The Bose Retail Sound System consists of the Bose FreeSpace IZA 190-HZ zone amplifier, and four white Bose FreeSpace DS 40SE surface- or wall-mount loudspeakers, with a CC-2 central volume control.
Warranty Information: The items in the bundle are covered by Bose's warranty for the following terms:
- FreeSpace IZA 190-HZ: 5 Years
- FreeSpace DS 40SE: 5 Years
- CC-2 Control Center: 5 Years
Overview: The Bose IZA 190-HZ is an integrated zone amplifier designed for background/foreground music and paging applications in retail stores, restaurants, hospitality venues, schools and conference centers. It features 2 stereo RCA inputs as well as an 1/8" auxiliary input that can all be fed to the 70/100 volt output, with either the front panel Mic Input or the rear panel Page Input able to duck the signal when paging occurs. The output channel can also have its own equalization based on the Bose DS 16 or DS 40 speakers or a standard 60 Hz high-pass filter. The amp can also be controlled with an optional wall-mounted remote volume and source selector.
70/100 Volt: The IZA 190-HZ's Class-D amplifier offers up to 90 watts of power and is optimized for high-impedance, 70/100 volt applications. No transformer bypass mode is available for 8Ω operation.
- Inputs: The integrated zone amplifier features 2 independent stereo inputs, A and B, each with a set of dual RCAs. Input selection can be made from either the front-panel A/B switch or from an optional zone remote control with A/B switch. Each input has its own rear-panel Gain control. A front-panel, 1/8" stereo Aux input is available for running line-level signals through the amp which are summed to mono before being outputted. When a jack is inserted into the Aux input, all other inputs are muted except for the Paging input. The Aux input does not have its own gain control, so signal leveling must be done at the source. Two inputs are available for announcements, a rear-panel Euroblock connector, that can accept balanced or unbalanced signals, and a front-panel combination XLR/1/4" jack that can accept mic or line level signals. The front input can be set to either "duck" the incoming signal or blended with it. This input doesn't supply phantom power, so only dynamic mics should be used.
- Outputs: The IZA 190-HZ has a single 70/100 volt output on a 2-pin Euroblock connector with its own Trim dial, allowing for up to 40 dB of attenuation of the output signal relative to the front-panel Master Volume control. A set of stereo RCA outputs are provided for running the output signal to additional amplifiers. This can be selected as a Mono or Stereo signal as well as Flat or Equalized.
Paging: The IZA 190-HZ includes a Page Input, through a 4-pin Euroblock connector, that can accept either mic or line level signals and is designed to work with a closed contact trigger from a push-to-talk mic (PTT). The Page Input includes a Page Input Gain which allows for 0 dB to +50 dB of gain control of the input signal. The amplifier also includes a 2-pin, Euroblock, Mute input. When the two contacts are closed, input signals will be muted.
Configuration: The IZA 190-HZ was designed so all tone controls and configuration can be done without the need for a computer. Front-panel Bass and Treble controls are available for equalizing the main output signal, as well as a rear-panel EQ switch for selecting one of three EQ presets. Two of these are based on the Bose DS 16 and DS 40 speakers with the third option, HPF, giving a flat response with a 60 Hz high-pass filter applied. Other configuration settings are done via a DIP switch matrix on the rear-panel with the following options:
- Page/Mic Normal - Bypass Master: This setting determines if the page input follows the Master Level output or is set to a fixed output level.
- Output Mono/Stereo: Determines if the signals output on the Aux Out are in stereo or mono.
- Front Mic Mix/Duck: If a front-panel microphone is used, this setting determines if the mic signal is mixed with the music source or automatically lowered (ducked) when someone speaks into the microphone.
- Aux Out EQ/Flat: Determines if the EQ preset setting will be applied to the signal output from the Aux Out jacks.
Remote Control: Each of the two Output channels has a 4-pin Euroblock connection for using one of Bose's optional Remote Volume controls (CC-1) or Remote Volume controls with A/B selector (CC-2), each sold separately. This allows remote control over the channel level and selection of either input A or B without the need for in-line volume controls.
Clip Indicators: A front-panel LED is provided to display signal clipping for the input signal.
- Power Rating: 1 x 90 W @ 70/100 V
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD+N: </= 1% (at rated full power)
- Channel Separation: </= 60 dBV (below rated power, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 88 dB
- Integrated DSP:
- A/D and D/A Converters: 24-bit / 48 kHz
- Loudspeaker Presets: FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers, HPF (high-pass filter)
- Audio Latency: 10.4 ms (any input to speaker or aux outputs)
- Audio Inputs:
|Line Inputs||Mic/Line Inputs||Page Inputs||Auxiliary inputs|
|Input Channels||2 Unbalanced Line||1 Balanced Mic/Line||1 Balanced Mic||1 Unbalanced Line|
|Input Connectors||Stereo RCA||Combo XLR/1/4" TRS||4-Pin Euroblock||1/8" TRS|
|Input Range||-10 dBV - +10 dBV||-60 dBV - +10 dBV||-60 dBV - +10 dBV||0 dBV - +10 dBV|
|Adjustment Range||-20 dB - +20 dB||0 dB - +50 dB||0 dB - +50 dB||Fixed|
|Input Impedance||20 kΩ||2 kΩ||2 kΩ||20 kΩ|
|Maximum Input Level||+10 dBV||+10 dBV||+10 dBV||+10 dBV|
|Nominal Input Level||0 dBV||-40 dBV||-40 dBV||0 dBV|
|Amplifier Outputs||Auxiliary Output|
|Output Connectors||3-Pin Euroblock||Stereo RCA|
|Nominal Output Level||-40 dBV||0 dBV|
- Indicators and Controls:
- LED Indicators: Power - blue, Input Clip - red (-3 dBFS)
- Front Panel Controls: Power On/Off, Input Select A/B, Bass, Treble, Mic/Line Gain, Master Level
- Rear Panel: DIP Switches, EQ Preset selector, Input Gain (for A/B/Page mic), Output trim
- Mains Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC (+/- 10%, 50/60 Hz)
- AC Power Consumption: 15 W (Idle), 200 W (Max)
- Mains Connector: Standard IEC 3-pin
- Maximum Inrush Current: 7.6 Amps (120 VAC, 60 Hz)
- Overload Protection: High temperature, short
- Rack Spaces: 1 RU high, half-rack wide
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Dimensions: Width - 8.4375", Height - 1.750", Depth - 14.0" (w/ power cord attached)
- Net Weight: 7.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 9.0 lbs.
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace DS 40SE is a full-range, surface-mount, 70/100 volt loudspeaker designed for foreground and background music as well as speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications such as restaurants, retail stores, houses of worship, and more. The DS 40SE consists of a single 4.5" full-range driver in a ported enclosure that can be surface-mounted vertically or horizontally giving it a 125˚ x 125˚ coverage pattern and a frequency response that goes down to 70 Hz.
70/100 Volt: The DS 40SE is rated for 40 watt RMS (160 peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change thumb wheel allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the tap dial is done by un-snapping one end of the front grill trim. The following tap settings are available:
- 70 V: 2.5 W, 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, and 40 W
- 100 V: 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, and 40 W
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace DS product line allows the DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Mounting: Bose offers a versatile mounting system with the DS 40SE. The built-in rear mounting bracket can be rotated 90˚ by removing four screws, allowing the speaker to be mounted horizontally or vertically. The mounting bracket allows up to 45˚ of tilt or swivel, depending on how the speaker is aligned, and the Bose logo can also be rotated to match the speaker orientation. All wiring for the speaker is attached to set-screw terminals inside the wall-mount plate. A single 4-pin connector cable on the speaker plugs into a socket on the wall-plate, giving the speaker a clean look and allowing it to easily be detached and re-attached to the mount. Two threaded fasteners are provided to hold the speaker to the wall-plate (only one is needed), one with a standard P2 Phillips-head and one with a 3 mm pin-in-hex head. This is a tamper-prevention fastener that requires a specific tool to remove (sold separately). An M4 x 14 mm socket is provided on the back of the speaker for an optional safety chain.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 80 Hz - 17 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 70 Hz - 19 kHz
- Nominal Dispersion: 125˚ H x 125˚ V
- Recommended High-Pass Filter: 70 Hz high-pass
- Overload Protection: PTC/Resistor
- Power Handling: 40 W (160 W peak)
- Sensitivity: 87 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 103 dB SPL (109 db SPL peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 2.5 W, 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, 40 W
- 100 V: 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, 40 W
- Driver: 4.5" full-range
- Enclosure: PC/ABS, textured
- Grill: Powder-coated steel
- Environmental: Outdoor per IEC 529 IP55
- Connectors: Three terminal set-screw on mounting bracket. Accepts 18 - 14 AWG
- Dimensions: Width - 12.750", Height - 6.250", Depth - 8.250" / 9.250" with bracket
- Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Overview: The Bose ControlCenter CC-2 is an in-wall volume control designed to work with Bose FreeSpace amplifiers as well as their ControlSpace processors. It has a passive, linear potentiometer for volume, that ranges from 0 - 10 kΩ, and an A/B source selector switch. The CC-2 mounts in a standard 1-gang electrical box and includes 2 RJ-45 sockets, one for running a Cat 5 cable from the amp or processor and the other a pass-thru for daisy-chaining multiple controls. The in-wall control has a bank of 8 DIP switches on the rear panel, that are set based on what model of amp or processor its being used with, and it includes a sheet of stick-on labels with various rooms and zones already named and two blank labels for personalizing.
Compatibility: The CC-2 works with the following Bose amps and processors:
- FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ amp
- FreeSpace IZA 190-HZ amp
- FreeSpace IZA 2120-LZ/HZ amp
- FreeSpace DXA 2120 amp
- ControlSpace ESP-00 II sound processor
- ControlSpace ESP-880, ESP-1240, ESP-4120, and ESP-1600 processors
Maximum Cable Lengths:
- FreeSpace and PowerShare amps - 2000 ft.
- ControlSpace processors - 500 ft (w/ shielded cable)
- ControlSpace processors - 100 ft (w/o shielded cable)