About the Bose® S1 Pro Bundle
Wherever it goes, it's got to be Bose
Wherever it goes, it's got to be Bose
The Bose S1 Pro portable powered PA and Sub1 powered subwoofer make a potent combination when you're working in smaller spaces. But it takes more than just the speakers to get your system up and running, so Crutchfield assembled this Bose S1 bundle to give you a power supply, tripod speaker stand, and the cables you'll need to hook everything up.
The brains of the operation
The Bose S1 Pro portable PA system gives you a convenient one-speaker solution for performing, DJing, and public speaking applications in a small venue, classroom, dance studio, or anywhere else you need to be heard. The S1 Pro runs on AC power or an included battery pack, while onboard sensors automatically optimize the sound for different positions. The 3-channel mixer features tone control and reverb, along with ToneMatch® processing that optimizes the signal for microphones and guitars. Inputs include two 1/4"/XLR combo jacks and a 3.5mm jack for plugging in an audio device, or you can stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth® device.
Down in the bottom
Bose's Sub1 module brings the low end to this package. With a 7" x 13" speaker and a 480-watt amp that cranks out lows down to 40 Hz, you'll get the low end you need. EQ for the sub's inputs and outputs let you tailor the bass response for your application. The cabinet features a M20 threaded insert to pole-mount your S1 Pro module above the sub.
...and the rest
This bundle also includes the essential accessories you'll need to get up and running. Furman's SS-6B power strip/surge protector guards against AC power spikes and fluctuations, and also filters out the RF (radio frequency) and electromagnetic interference that can add noise. The SS-6B features six circuit breaker-protected outlets and a 15-foot power cord. You'll also get a Gator Frameworks tripod speaker stand for the S1 Pro module and two RapcoHorizon cables that let you connect everything.
The Bose S1 bundle gives you everything you'll need to get started. There's no telling where you can go from here.
- package includes Bose S1 Pro powered speaker and Sub1 powered sub
- also includes power strip/surge protector, speaker stand, and cables
Bose S1 Pro powered speaker:
- built-in power amplifier, high- and low-frequency drivers, 3-channel mixer
- includes rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack
- inputs: 2 combo XLR-1/4" TRS inputs (mic/line including volume, tone, reverb, ToneMatch processing); 1 3.5mm stereo line level
- output: one 1/4"
- dedicated 3.5mm mixer channel also supports Bluetooth streaming
- Auto EQ optimizes signal for 4 different speaker positions
- dimensions: 9.5"W x 13.125"H x 11.125"D
- weight: 14.3 lbs. (without battery); 15.5 lbs. (with battery)
- warranty: 2 years
Bose Sub1 powered subwoofer:
- 7" x 13" RaceTrack oval sub
- 480-watt Class D amplifier
- line-in and line-out EQ
- selectable high-pass filter on line out
- outputs: 2 x XLR outputs; SubMatch out
- dimensions: 20.9"W x 9.8"H x 20.9"D
- warranty: 2 years
Furman SS-6B power strip/surge protector:
- 6 circuit breaker-protected AC outlets
- EMI/RFI noise attenuation
- 15-foot power cord
- 3.5"W x 1.75"H x 9.25"D
- warranty: 1 year
Gator Frameworks SPK2000 speaker stand:
- tripod PA speaker stand
- all-aluminum construction
- height adjusts from 48" to 81"
- warranty: 3 years
RapcoHorizon Concert Series shielded cable:
- 16-gauge twisted pair pure copper conductors
- 1/4" TRS connectors
- warranty: limited lifetime
RapcoHorizon M1 Series microphone cable:
- 24-gauge pure copper center conductors
- Neutrik XLR connectors
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This system contains 6 individually packaged items:
- Bose S1 Pro:
- Powered PA speaker
- Rechargeable battery (installed)
- 76" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Bose Sub1:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6.5' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Nylon cover
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Firmware information
- Safety instructions
- Gator Frameworks Speaker Stand:
- One SPK2000 adjustable tripod speaker stand
- Furman Surge Protector:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- RapcoHorizon M1 XLR Cable:
- 10' Microphone cable terminated by a Neutrik XLR connector on each end
- RapcoHorizon BLC10:
- 10' Balanced line cable terminated by a 1/4" TRS connector on each end
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® S1 Pro Bundle
System Overview: The BS1 portable PA package includes a Bose S1 Pro powered PA with built-in 3-channel mixer, a Bose Sub1 powered subwoofer, one Gator Frameworks SPK2000 tripod speaker stand, a Furman Surge Protector power strip with six outlets, and two 10' RapcoHorizon cables - one balanced XLR, the other a balanced 1/4" - 1/4" TRS.
S1 Pro Overview: The Bose S1 Pro System is a portable, multi-position PA system designed for musicians, DJs, and general PA use making it an ideal floor monitor, practice amp or primary music system. It offers high output from a small, lightweight enclosure that's designed to be easily transported using the convenient built-in carry-handle. The S1 Pro System includes an onboard 3-channel mixer, 2 channels with mic/line level inputs with the third channel for running a wired auxiliary music source or for Bluetooth audio streaming, and a battery pack for portability.
Mixer: Input channels 1 and 2 both include a combo XLR/TRS jack that can accept either mic or line level signals. Each channel has its own Volume, Bass, Treble, and Reverb controls. Channels 1 and 2 also include a ToneMatch switch which offers preset processing based on the type of input signal. This 3-position switch has settings for Mic, Instrument, and Off. Channel 3 is an auxiliary input that has a 1/8" stereo input for a portable music playback device as well as incorporating Bluetooth audio streaming. Controls for Channel 3 include Volume and a Bluetooth button/indicator. The S1 Pro also includes a 1/4" Line Out jack to daisy-chain multiple amps together. Each input channel has an LED signal indicator that glows green with an input signal and will turn red if the signal starts to clip.
Enclosure: The S1 Pro's polypropylene plastic enclosure with a steel powder-coated grill was designed to be very lightweight while offering strength and durability. A built-in carry-handle on the top of the PA allows for easy portability. The S1 Pro's enclosure has been shaped to sit in various positions. It can sit upright or be tilted back at an angle and can also be laid on its side and angled like a monitor speaker. A 35 mm socket on the bottom allows the PA to be mounted on the included Gator Frameworks stand or most any standard pole-mount stand.
Bluetooth: The S1 Pro includes the ability to stream music from a Bluetooth enabled device. A Bluetooth button/indicator on the rear panel provides easy pairing and indication of the Bluetooth status. The S1 can only pair to one device at a time and if a call is received during playback, the music will be paused letting the call come through the phone and not the S1 Pro.
Battery Pack: The Bose S1 Pro System includes a rechargeable battery pack, pre-installed in the speaker. This lithium-ion battery installs provides up to 6 hours of operation without compromising the volume level. Dual charge modes allow the S1 battery pack to be trickle-charged while the S1 Pro system is in use with the AC power cord, or Quick Charge mode allows rapid charging when the S1 is not in use. Battery life is displayed with the S1's power LED which will flash when the unit is first powered on and can also be viewed by double-clicking the Bluetooth button. A handy sticker is provided with a legend showing the charge amount by color and number of flashes of the LED.
Note: The S1 Pro battery ships in Sleep Mode and is unusable until woken. To wake the battery, simply plug the S1 Pro into AC power and switch it on. The battery will return to Sleep Mode if not used for 30 consecutive days.
Sub1 Overview: The Bose Sub1 powered subwoofer is designed to be used with most any portable PA system, providing rich low-end extension down to 40Hz. The Sub1 is an ideal choice for live music performances, mobile DJs, houses of worship, schools and universities, business presentations, and more.
Amp and Drivers: The Sub1 features a unique 7" x 13" high-excursion RaceTrack driver mounted in a compact, ported enclosure and powered by a built-in 480 watt amplifier. The Sub1's unique enclosure provides maximum bass output while its compact design keeps it light and easy to transport.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Inputs 1&2: Each of the two inputs consists of an XLR/1/4" combo jack that can accept balanced or unbalanced line-level signals.
- Line Outputs 1&2: Two male XLR jacks provide a line-level "thru" signal (pre-volume control) from each one's corresponding Input jack. These can be sent to additional powered loudspeakers or subwoofers.
- SubMatch In/Thru: The Sub1 can be used in conjunction with a Bose L1 Pro32 Line Array PA system, which will provide a powered signal to the subwoofer. A sliding cover-plate allows the Sub1 to be powered either from a connected L1 Pro32's SubMatch output or from the included AC power cord, but not both simultaneously. The corresponding SubMatch Thru port lets you daisy-chain a second Sub1 module.
- USB: A USB-C port can be used for firmware updates and
for Bose service. The USB port cannot be used to input music.
Note: The Sub1 must not be connected to AC power and the SubMatch input at the same time or damage may occur.
Controls and Indicators: Along with both inputs and outputs, the loudspeaker's rear panel includes the AC power input, Power On/Off switch, and the following controls and indicators:
- Volume: Adjusts the subwoofer's output level.
- Line In EQ: Lets you filter input signals internally or
using a connected L1 Pro32's crossed-over signal.
- LPF: Provides a low-pass filter for external input signals.
- L1: Allows a connected L1 Pro32 to filter the signal.
- Line Out EQ: Determines whether the Line Output signals
will be high-passed or not. Options include:
- Full: No filtering is done to the output signal.
- HPF: Engages a high-pass filter to the Line Output signals.
- Phase/Pattern: A 3-selection switch lets you select 0° (+), 180° (-), or Cardioid when used with a second Bose Sub1 bass module.
Portability & Mounting: The Bose Sub1 features a built-in carry-handle on the top panel for easy portability. Raised tabs on either side of the enclosure allow it to be laid on its side. Corresponding notches for the raised tabs allow two Sub1 modules to be stacked on top of each other while holding them in place. A threaded M20 pole-mount insert can be used to support a pole-mounted PA speaker up to 51" high, and up to 15.7 lbs. (mounting pole not included).
SPK2000 Overview: The included Gator Frameworks SPK2000 is a heavy-duty aluminum tripod speaker stand that features an adjustable height from 48" to 81" and a weight capacity of up to 125 lbs. The SPK2000 also features a 38mm center pole with a 35mm end-piece, making it compatible with most speaker mounts.
SS-6B Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Connection Cables: The RapcoHorizon Players N1M1-10 microphone cable uses 24-gauge bare copper center conductors and a bare annealed copper serve shield for quiet operation. The outer jacket is made with a durable and flexible matte PVC compound. The cable is terminated with authentic Swiss Neutrik XLR connectors, and is 10' in length. The BS1 PA package also includes a RapcoHorizon BLC10 10' balanced line cable with 1/4" TRS jacks on both ends. This can be used to connect the S1 Pro's 1/4" Output to one of the Sub1's Line Input jacks, when using the S1 Pro as the input for microphones, instruments, etc.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 62Hz - 17kHz
- Maximum SPL: 103dB (109dB Peak)
- Nominal Dispersion:
- Horizontal: 120˚
- Vertical: 50˚
- Mixer Channels: 3
- Mic Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: No
- EQ: Bass and treble
- Effects: Reverb
- Speaker Drivers: (3) 2.25" Mid/high, (1) 6" woofer
- Inputs: (2) XLR/TRS combo (mic/line level), (1) 1/8" stereo
- Outputs: (1) 1/4" line out
- Bluetooth: Music steaming
- Mounting: Floor (monitor wedge or tilt-back), pole
- Dimensions: Width = 9.50", Height = 13.125", Depth = 11.125"
- Weight: 14.3 lbs. (w/o battery), 15.5 lbs. (w/ battery)
- Driver: (1) 7" x 13" high-excursion RaceTrack
- Power: Built-in 480W amplifier
- Inputs: (2) Balanced/unbalanced XLR/1/4" combo jacks
- Outputs: (2) Male XLR line-level "thru" jacks, SubMatch In & Thru
- Dimensions: Width = 10.24", Height = 20.88", Depth = 22.0"
- Weight: 35.5 lbs.
- Outside Diameter: 0.23"
- Capacitance: 21 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Conductor-Shield Capacitance: 37 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Characteristic Impedance: 70Ω nominal
- DC Resistance: 23Ω / 1000'