Sonos Playbase 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control
Includes Sonos Playbase, Sub, and two Sonos One speakers with Amazon Alexa and Apple® AirPlay® 2 (Black/White Surrounds)
| Watch a product review |
Sonos Playbase 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control - Black Playbar and Sub, white Sonos One speakers
Crutchfield: Sonos wireless music system
Sonos Playbase 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control - Black Playbase and Sub (TV not included)
Our take on the Sonos Playbase 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
“Alexa, give me great TV sound”
Is your TV sitting on a cabinet? This Sonos 5.1 home theater system delivers enveloping, room-filling sound with your movies, TV shows and music — without you having to wall mount anything. The sturdy Playbase simply sits right underneath your TV. You can send the sound to Sonos speakers in other rooms — TV soundtrack, podcast, internet radio station, TIDAL playlist and more. The system comes with two Sonos One speakers with Amazon Alexa built-in. So you can control everything just using your voice.
Anatomy of a 5.1 wireless system
The Playbase tucks away under your TV, so it won't block your view of the screen. Its 10-speaker array accurately reproduces sound for your home theater's center, front left and front right channels. The Playbase's automatic equalization self-adjusts to the program material to provide rich, seamless sound.
The Playbase wirelessly connects to the Sonos Sub for the deep bass — an important part of any home theater system. Two Sonos One speakers serve as the surround channels to complete the wraparound movie theater sound experience. They connect wirelessly to the Playbase, so you have the freedom to place them where you need them in the room.
Voice commands get the music flowing
Alexa turns the Sonos One speakers into voice control hubs for your Sonos multi-room system. Tell Alexa to turn up the volume of a Play:5 in your living room, or play your party mix through every Sonos speaker in your home.
Each Sonos One has a 6-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the music's loud. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Playbase and each Sonos One has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
These Sonos One speakers let you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone. You can set up additional services for voice control, such as information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
- system communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 10 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (three tweeters, six midrange drivers, and one low-frequency woofer)
- connects to your TV, Blu-ray player or cable box via an included optical digital audio cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- supports TVs weighing up to 77 lbs.
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- 28-3/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 14-3/16"D
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- AC adapter included
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
2 Sonos One speakers (each):
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- 2 built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter per speaker)
- built-in array of 6 far-field microphones per speaker
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D