Sonos Playbase 5.1 Home Theater System
Includes Sonos Playbase with Apple® AirPlay® 2, Sub, and two Play:1 speakers (Black/White Sub & Surrounds)
Our take on the Sonos Playbase 5.1 Home Theater System by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Wireless surround sound is just the start
This wireless home theater bundle from Sonos makes surround sound easy. The low-profile Sonos Playbase sits directly underneath your TV and fills your room with spacious, realistic sound. The Sonos Sub delivers powerful, crystal-clear bass. And two Play:1 speakers serve as surround speakers for realistic effects. Plus, you get all the user-friendly wireless music features that have made Sonos a household name.
Part of a Sonos multi-room audio system
The Playbase 5.1 system, like other Sonos music players, connects to your home network — either via Wi-Fi® or by connecting one player to your router via Ethernet to create a dedicated Sonos network. This network, known for its extensive range and superior performance, gives you house-wide access to tunes stored on your PC along with a wealth of internet audio choices.
The Playbase connects to your TV with an optical digital cable, and it can stream audio from your movies and TV shows to Sonos speakers in other rooms. For instance, if you're watching a game, you can keep up with the play-by-play in the kitchen when you get a snack. (For the best wireless performance, we recommend adding the optional the Sonos Boost.)
The Sonos app gives you easy wireless control
Use your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™ smartphone or tablet to control any and all Sonos players. A free download turns your smartphone and tablet into a full-fledged Sonos controller. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Playbase has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use that same Apple device to fine-tune the Playbase with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. It then adjusts the speaker's settings automatically for the best possible sound. (Currently for iOS devices only.)
- system communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™ device with the free Sonos app
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- plays streaming Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (each ZonePlayer plays individually selected music)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 10 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (three tweeters, six midrange drivers, and one low-frequency woofer)
- connects to your TV, Blu-ray player or cable box via an included optical digital audio cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- supports TVs weighing up to 77 lbs.
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- 28-3/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 14-3/16"D
- weight: 18.5 lbs.
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
- two built-in amplifiers and drivers per speaker (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- 1/4" threaded mount for wall placement
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Why did you buy this?
Upgrading from older bose system with wires everywhere to this for the hope of sound quality and wireless. [ MICHAEL J Jun 17, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
Power required. [ D Dec 13, 2017 ]
No. They only require a Power outlet. The Playbase and Sub Woofer also do. This unit is what True-Audio should sound like. I totally recommend it. [ Edwin Dec 11, 2017 ]
They require power line, you must plug into an outlet or to a power extention. [ Guy Dec 11, 2017 ]
Power lines [ Michael Dec 11, 2017 ]