About the Coffeehouse PA System Bundle
Yamaha's MG10 mixer
You've spent the time to get your act together, and now it's time to let people hear the results. For them to be able to hear you, you need a small PA system…nothing world-shattering, just enough to be heard in a coffeehouse or other small venue. But you also want your system to be expandable as your options grow. So we've assembled a small, powerful, lightweight system to help you get your sound out there without breaking the bank.
The mixing board
The mixer is the center of operations, where your signal goes in and sound for the speakers comes out. Yamaha's rugged, little MG10XU mixer gives you four XLR microphone inputs that double as line inputs, plus three sets of stereo 1/4" line inputs and two sets of RCA inputs, so it'll cover anything from a solo performer to a small group. Built-in effects and compression make it easy to get a good sound at the gig.
Yamaha's DXR 12 powered speaker
The powered speaker
Powered speakers simplify PA setup because they eliminate the need for a separate amplifier and a lot of cabling. Just plug the Yamaha mixer into Yamaha's DXR12 speaker, adjust the speaker and mixer levels, and you're ready to go! The DXR12 speaker gives you plenty of power for a small space and its tough ABS enclosure will stand up to the bumps and thumps of setup and takedown.
Shure SM58 microphone
For your singer (or potentially for acoustic instruments) to be heard, Shure's SM58 dynamic microphone is the worldwide standard for a reasonably-priced, good-sounding, and rugged microphone that'll get you through any situation. It includes an adjustable microphone holder that fits standard microphone stands.
- Cables provide a signal path from the mic to the speaker. The package includes two Rapco/Horizon 25-foot cables, one for the mic and one that runs from the mixer to the speaker.
- The K&M Tripod Microphone Stand offers a sturdy tripod base and a boom extension so the mic user can move without colliding with the stand.
- The K&M speaker stand adjusts from 52" to 79-1/2" tall to get your speaker up over a crowd.
Find out more about putting together a PA system for smaller venues.
- Yamaha MG10XU: 4 microphone inputs with Yamaha D-PRE preamps and three stereo channels with line-level inputs
- 24 onboard digital effects programs
- single-knob compression on channels 1 and 2
- 2-channel USB interface allows 24/192 recording and playback
- warranty: 1 year
- Yamaha DXR12 two-way powered speaker: 12" cone woofer/1" throat high frequency compression driver
- Frequency response: 52-20,000 Hz
- Digital signal processing includes high pass filter, crossover, D-CONTOUR EQ/compressor
- warranty: 7 years
- Shure SM58 dynamic microphone
- includes adjustable microphone holder, stand adapter, and carrying bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Coffee House Bundle
What's in the box:
- The Coffeehouse PA System bundle includes a Yamaha mixer and powered speaker along with a Shure dynamic microphone. Also included are a K&M speaker stand and microphone stand plus two 25' Microphone cables (All individually packaged).
- The Yamaha MG10XU mixer box includes:
- 10-Channel mixing console
- AC power adapter
- Owner's Manual
- Technical Specifications
- The Yamaha DXR12 powered speaker box includes:
- Active PA speaker
- Owner's Manual
- The Shure SM58 microphone box includes:
- SM58 microphone
- Swivel stand adapter
- Zippered vinyl storage bag
- Hook-and-loop cable tie
- User Guide
- Online registration card
- Safety Precautions card
- Safety Precautions sheet
- Limited Warranty sheet
- The K&M Microphone Stand box includes:
- Microphone floorstand
- Boom arm
- The K&M Speaker Stand box includes:
- Adjustable pole-mount speaker stand
- Each RapcoHorizon microphone cable package includes:
- 25' Microphone cable terminated by a Neutrik XLR connector on each end
More details on the Coffeehouse PA System Bundle
Overview: The Coffeehouse PA System Bundle includes the following items:
- Yamaha MG10XU 10-channel mixer
- Yamaha DXR12 12" powered speaker
- Shure SM58 dynamic microphone
- K&M adjustable speaker stand
- K&M adjustable microphone floor stand
- (2) RapcoHorizon Players 25-foot XLR microphone cables
Warranty Information: The items in the Coffeehouse PA System Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Yamaha Mixer: 1 Year
- Yamaha Speaker: 7 Years
- Shure: 2 Years
- K&M: 5 Years
- RapcoHorizon: Lifetime
D-PRE (Discrete Class-A Mic Preamps): The MG10XU MG-Series mixing console features Yamaha's studio-grade discrete class-A D-PRE preamps, which utilize an inverted Darlington circuit comprising two cascading transistors in a configuration that provides more power with lower impedance. Delivering fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs, with very low distortion, D-PRE preamps possess an impressively wide frequency range that allow them to handle signal from any audio source without overly amplifying any specific elements of the sound. Having such a pure sonic platform to build on will ultimately save you time and effort by eliminating the need for excessive EQ-ing or additional effects processing in order to "fix" your mix.
High Quality Sound Op-Amp: The MG Series mixer features new, high-quality, custom made MG01 op-amps that we developed in cooperation with the semiconductor manufacturer. Although many other Op-amps prioritize electrical design and efficiency, we worked directly with the semiconductor manufacturer to focus on sound quality first. MG01 op-amps feature redesigned circuitry in which even the internal components and wiring have been optimized, and use materials such as high-quality silicon wafers and copper wire to achieve superb resolution.
10-Channel Inputs: The Yamaha MG Series mixer provides ten total channel inputs; there are four Mic/Line mono input jacks (Ch1, Ch2, Ch3, Ch4) and six Line stereo/mono input jacks (Ch 3/4, Ch 5/6, Ch 7/8). The four Mic/Line mono input jacks utilize high-quality Neutrik connectors which can support both XLR and phone plugs; use these to connect a microphone, an instrument, or an audio device. The six Line stereo/mono input jacks support phone plugs to connect a electric keyboard or other audio device.
Stereo & Monitor Outputs: The main stereo outputs consist of stereo XLR-type connectors and phono plugs to connect to powered speakers or a powered amp. The mixer also features a standard 1/4" headphone jack for private listening. In addition, there is a stereo monitor output which consists of phone plugs to connect to a monitoring system. Rugged and dependable, these professional connectors ensure stable signal transmission even in the most demanding environments.
FX Send + Stereo Input: The 10-channel mixer features an FX Send for connecting an external effects unit or a monitor system for players. This phone-plug jack outputs the sound adjusted with the FX knob. The mixer is also equipped with additional stereo channel with a pair of phone jack that accepts Line-level signals.
Switchable Phantom Power & PAD Switch: With +48V phantom power (for the Mic channels), the MG Series console allows you to take full advantage of the greater frequency response and high sound quality of condenser microphones. The Mic/Line Ch 1 & 2 input channels feature a PAD switch; the PAD Switch attenuates high input signals that often accompany mic'ed instruments during performance, avoiding the clipping that can seriously affect your mix.
Gain & Level Knobs: The Mic/Line channels offer independent gain control to determine the basic volume level of each channel. The Level knob determines the volume of the signal from each input channel to the main mixing output.
1-Knob Compression: Compression plays an essential role in just about any recording or sound reinforcement environment by altering the level of dynamics of an audio signal when you need livelier guitars, punchier bass lines, a tighter snare, or a cleaner vocal sound. However, it can take countless hours to master the complexities of even the most basic outboard compression units and use them effectively. Originally a Yamaha innovation, 1-knob compressors are now an industry standard that gives you instant access to optimized compression settings via a single rotary control. 1-Knob compressors are found on Mic/Line input channels 1 & 2.
EQ & High-Pass Filters: The MG Series mixer benefits from Yamaha's unparalleled experience in designing pro audio gear, featuring 3-band equalizers (High 10kHz, Mid 2.5kHz, & Low 100 Hz) on all Mic/Line channels and 2-band equalizers (High 10kHz & Low 100 Hz) on all Line stereo/mono channels for precise control of your sound. High-pass filters (80Hz) for the Mice/Line channels allow you to eliminate unwanted low-frequency noise, for a smoother, cleaner mix.
Built-in SPX Digital Effects (Optional Foot-Switch): The MG Series mixer features Yamaha's acclaimed SPX digital multi-effect processor, offering a comprehensive suite of 24 editable digital effects perfect for enhancing your mix, whether adding depth to a speaking engagement or breathing new color and atmosphere into a live band performance. In particular, the high-quality reverb and delay expand the spatial quality of the sound with remarkable realism and naturalness. You can even connect an optional FC5 foot switch (sold separately) for effect on/off control.
Pan & Balance: The Pan knob (on all Mic/Line channels) adjusts the volume balance of each channel sent to the stereo main output, and determines the positioning of the sound image between left and right (stereo L/R). The Balance dial (on all Line mono/stereo channels) determines the volume balance of the stereo channels sent to the main stereo output.
LED Level Metering: Easy-to-read LED level metering (on Mic channels 1-4) allows output levels to be monitored with precision.
USB (Type-B) Port: MG Series mixing consoles feature flexible digital connectivity for quick and easy high-resolution playback of digital content. Simply connect to your PC via USB. The USB protocol uses asynchronous data transfer. Audio data is transferred based on highly precise audio clock signal from the MG, for high quality recording and playback.
Cubase AI Software: The Yamaha MG Series mixer comes bundled with Downloadable Steinberg's Cubase AI software. As one of the most advanced, comprehensive DAW suites available, Steinberg's Cubase has led the charge, providing users with a powerful and flexible platform for music production. Cubase AI offers these same core technologies and interface that have won Cubase worldwide acclaim. System Requirements for Cubase AI are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8*, Mac OS X ver.10.7-10.8*
- CPU: Mac: Intel Dual Core; Windows: Intel or AMD Dual Core
- Audio Hardware: Mac: CoreAudio compatible audio hardware; Windows: Windows compatible audio hardware**
- RAM: 2 GB
- Free Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 800 recommended
- Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Other: Internet connection required for installation, activation, account setup, and personal/product registration.
* Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase version included
** ASIO-compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance
Metal Chassis: The MG Series mixer features a rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis, offering an unrivalled level of durability. With a sleek design contoured for optimal convection cooling, the internal layout separates the power supply from the analog circuitry for superior noise reduction, and further extends the life of the components inside. To further ensure reliable performance, knob control placement above the surface of the chassis diverts any impact or pressure on the knobs to the chassis itself and not the circuit board or components underneath.
Optional Mic Stand Adapter: An optional mic stand adapter (BMS-10A, sold separately) is available from Yamaha.
Powered PA (Pro Audio) Speaker: One of the advantages of an active loudspeaker is that the combination of drivers and amps can be perfectly optimized. During the development of the DXR Series speaker, Yamaha measured and tested the durability of each driver and the overall amp output through countless indoor and outdoor listening tests. Based on the test results, Yamaha was able to set the optimal limiter point for each model using precise DSP control. A microprocessor and high-power DSP monitor the status of the power supply, power amplifiers, drivers, and ongoing signals to protect all aspects of each component. As a result, the speaker can perform to its full potential while ensuring reliable operation in even the most severe conditions.
- 700W (RMS)/1100W (Peak) Class-D Amplifier: The DXR series speaker is equipped with highly efficient Class-D amplifiers that are optimally designed to match the DXR's HF (high-frequency) and LF (low-frequency) drivers. These high-performance amplifiers deliver the highest sound output in its class with 700W RMS (LF: 600; HF:100W)/1100W Peak (LF: 950W; HF:150W) of power, producing an impressive SPL up to 132dB. It also provides very fast attack and superior transient response, which greatly contribute to these speakers' incredible audio performance.
- Custom-Designed DXR Drivers: The DXR 12 uses drivers that were meticulously selected and thoroughly customized to deliver ultimate performance. The detailed characteristics and behavior of each driver was fully analyzed and evaluated with sophisticated computer simulations in order to help realize their full performance potential. The high power output 12" woofer delivers very low distortion and deep bass, while the 1.4" precision compression driver (tweeter) produces accurate midrange and high frequencies up to 20kHz.
- Wide Dispersion Constant Directivity Horn: The high-frequency compression driver (tweeter) is mounted to a 90°x 60°constant directivity horn, designed with the goal of minimizing radiation pattern deterioration in oblique directions as more conventional horns are prone to doing. This can help to achieve a more ideal coverage area without irregularities. With the new wide dispersion constant directivity horn, sound expands in a more rectangular pattern providing 90° horizontal x 60° vertical coverage, with wide-frequency sound projected to the edges of the coverage area.
Note: The DXR Series speaker employs an all-new, high-efficiency switching-mode power supply for its outstanding performance. The power supply is also suitable for use worldwide with its multi-voltage design.
Onboard 3-Channel Mixer: The DXR Series speaker features a flexible onboard mixer with a variety of inputs, making it ideal for simple vocal/instrument amplification. With its flexible Inputs/Outputs, the DXR Series speaker can comprise a full sound reinforcement system, or seamlessly integrate into a setup utilizing other DXR Series speakers.
- Mic/Line-Level Input: The DXR onboard mixer can handle up to three simultaneous inputs. It accepts both Mic and Line level input, giving you the flexibility to connect to a variety of sources from microphones to line level instruments and portable audio devices. Channel 1 consists of an XLR input that can be set to mic or line-level used to connect a mixer or microphone. Channel 2 is a stereo phone jack input that can be used to connect a microphone or mixer. Channel 3 features a stereo RCA input for connection of portable audio devices, like your MP3 player.
- High Pass Filter Control: The DXR loudspeaker features a flexible HPF control to perfectly match with DSR and DXS subwoofers (sold separately). You can choose either 100Hz or 120Hz depending on which subwoofer you are using in combination with the DXR speaker. The HPF is automatically activated to roll off unwanted low frequencies when the speaker's XLR input is set to the Mic position.
- Smart Mixing/Linking Function: Each channel has an individual volume control, letting you mix three discrete audio sources. The "Thru" output (XLR) passes the input signal from Channel 1 only and the "Link" output (XLR) sends a mixed signal from all channels; ideal for daisy-chaining or routing the signal to another destination. The "Link" output has two modes: "Link Out" mode is very useful for configuring a compact SR (sound reinforcement) system with another DXR, while "LINK" mode setting allows you to easily switch between stereo or dual-mono configurations.
48-Bit Processing w/ FIR-X Tuning: The DXR Series speaker features Yamaha's proprietary FIR-X tuning that utilizes linear phase FIR filters for the crossover network. FIR-X tuning simultaneously optimizes frequency and phase response while adjusting the time alignment between the HF (high-frequency) and LF (low-frequency) transducers. This creates a very smooth response around the crossover point, providing much better clarity and imaging than what is possible with typical crossovers. In addition, all signals are precisely processed by a 48-bit (76-bit accumulator) high-performance processor for high definition sound quality. Each speaker employs high-precision 24-bit discrete A/D and D/A converters with superior S/N ratio and dynamic range.
D-Contour: D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that gives you powerful and consistent sound throughout all output levels. By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and calculating the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the maximum sound output maintains outstanding clarity and musicality. With the DXR Series speakers, D-CONTOUR provides a more detailed tuning of your sound with two different settings - FOH/Main Mode & Monitor Mode. Both of these presets were perfected by performing countless listening tests with skilled sound engineers, giving you a multi-band compressor that performs dynamically, delivering consistent sound with low distortion at any output level.
- FOH/Main Mode: FOH (Front Of House)/Main mode boosts low-frequency to compensate for low-end that is typically missing when speakers are used in suspended applications or mounted on a speaker stand.
- Monitor Mode: Monitor mode is completely optimized for floor monitor application by intelligently taming down the low-frequency that adds up due to floor reflection, smoothing out a wide range of frequency bands to give you stunning clarity for monitoring your sound.
ABS Bass Reflex Enclosure: The DXR Series speaker features a rugged, non-resonant ABS enclosure that is designed to dampen down vibrations caused by high output levels, producing less distortion, and superior sonic quality. The road-tested enclosure is equipped with heavy-duty steel grilles and ergonomic, gripped aluminum handles that greatly improve durability and portability. The speaker uses a Bass Reflex enclosure for greater efficiency and bigger bass.
Symmetrical Enclosure Design: The DXR 12's enclosure design enables mirror-mode monitor placement that creates a symmetrical sound field for the performer with a larger, more defined "sweet spot". Used in either a balanced dual-mono configuration or a stereo monitor mix setup, mirror-mode floor monitoring can enhance your performance considerably.
Mounting Options: Depending on the venue, sometimes your music mix can fall prey to low ceilings or other room attributes that can impede a clear, even mix and detract from the audiences' listening experience significantly. The DXR's dual-angle pole mount socket offers two positions (0°/7°) to direct the acoustic energy away from reflective surfaces and on to your audience where it belongs (SS238C tripod stand sold separately). The DXR Series loudspeaker also comes equipped with rigging points (M10 x 18mm), allowing for rigged application with standard eyebolts (sold separately). When more versatility is required, optional U-brackets (UB-DRX12, sold separately) allow simple and easy rigging in both horizontal and vertical configurations.
Switchable White Front LED: The DXR Series speaker has a white LED behind the front grille that illuminates when powered and varies in brightness depending on the amount of system limiting. This light can be turned off.
Overview: The Shure SM58 is a rugged professional microphone designed for live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording applications. Its frequency response is tailored for vocals, with a brightened midrange, and a bass rolloff. This SM58-LC model comes with a swiveling stand mount and a zippered carrying bag.
Pickup Pattern: The SM58 is has a cardioid polar pattern, which picks up the most sound from directly in front of the microphone, and some sound from the sides. This makes it less susceptible to feedback.
Construction: The microphone has a durable metal construction, with a die cast metal handle and a dark gray matte finish. It has a pneumatic shock-mount system which reduces handling noise. The hardened steel mesh ball grille protects the internal elements, and resists wear and abuse. Inside the grille is an integrated "pop" filter that reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise.
Mounting: The SM58 comes with a swiveling stand mount, which provides a secure mount to a floor stand or a boom stand. The microphone slips into the swivel mount, which lets you tilt the microphone forward or backward over 180°.
Connector: The Shure SM58 has a 3-pin male XLR connector.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Output Impedance (at 1000 Hz): 150 ohms (EIA rated) 300 ohms (actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1000Hz): -54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Weight: 11.5 ounces
Microphone Floorstand w/ Boom: This microphone floorstand from K&M is designed for professional use and is extremely stable and durable. It features steel, zinc die-cast, and fiberglass-reinforced plastic construction with sturdy fittings and a high-quality black finish. It features a tripod-base with rubber feet to make sure it stays securely in place. The legs fold-up for easier storage and portability. A telescopic boom arm is included for added convenience and flexibility.
- Threaded Connector: 3/8"
- Adjustable Height: 35.4" to 63.19"
- Adjustable Boom: 18.11" to 30.32"
- Weight: 6.85 lbs
Speaker Stand: The König & Meyer (K&M) Speaker Stand (21435) is designed for mounting a single speaker equipped with a 35mm pole socket. The stand's base and shaft are made of sturdy steel tubing, giving it a load capacity of over 110 pounds (50 kg). The stand comes fully assembled, and can be used right out of the box. When not in use, the stand folds compactly for easy transport.
Adjustable Height: The stand's height is adjustable from 56.7" to 87.8" (1440mm-2230mm). The laser-bored holes in the extension tube are spaced about 4.3" (110mm) apart for incremental height adjustments. The stand features a compact clamping mechanism with a patented push-button locking system which allows you to easily adjust the height of the speaker. The clamping screw provides stability, and can be tightened or loosened by hand.
Base Construction: The tripod base features three 35mm diameter steel legs with cross braces and a clamping screw. When the legs are set, the maximum base diameter is just over 45".
Safety Precautions: The 21435 Speaker Stand will safely hold large heavy speakers when placed on a sturdy, flat surface. The speakers must be mounted, and the stand extended, by technicians who have the physical capacity for the procedure. In most cases, there should be two persons to mount and dismount speakers and/or adjust the height.
- Tubing Diameter: 42mm (exterior tube), 35mm (extension tube), 35mm (base legs)
- Height: 56.7" (min) 87.8" (max)
- Base Diameter: 45.27"
- Folded: 4.8"(w) x 46.6"(h) x 5.5"(d)
Microphone Cable: The RapcoHorizon Players N1M1-25 microphone cables use 24-gauge bare copper center conductors and a bare annealed copper serve shield for quiet operation. The outer jacket is made with a durable and flexible matte PVC compound. The cables are terminated with authentic Swiss Neutrik XLR connectors. The cables are 25-feet in length each.
- Outside Diameter: 0.23"
- Capacitance: 21 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Conductor-Shield Capacitance: 37 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Characteristic Impedance: 70Ω nominal
- DC Resistance: 23Ω / 1000'