About the Polk Audio CSW155
Experience deep, high-impact bass without sacrificing an inch of floor space. Polk's CSW155 installs discreetly in your wall for a clutter-free look. Its 10" driver delivers impressively full, powerful lows — from the earth-shaking rumble of an on-screen avalanche, to the fine, precise tones of an upright bass in a jazz concert. This capable sub features a high-quality build and sophisticated design to ensure clean, smooth low-frequency response. And once it's installed, all you'll see is the included aluminum grille.
Plenty of power for great bass
This subwoofer is packaged here with Polk's separate, cool-running digital amplifier that pumps out 500 watts of solid power. An included custom sound-shaping circuit card precisely tailors the amp's output for the CSW155. The resulting bass is deep, hard-hitting, and distortion-free. This stable amplifier can also power a pair of the CSW155s for even bigger, stronger bass.
The amp's standard chassis width lets you stack it neatly with your other audio/video components, or you can hide it away in a cabinet to reduce room clutter.
- 10" woofer
- frequency response: 36-120 Hz (-3dB)
- rigid MDF (medium-density fiberboard) slot ported enclosure with steel plate reinforcement
- Klippel-analyzed woofer for low distortion
- 2" voice coil for high output and power handling
- cast aluminum basket for minimal resonance
- neodymium magnet
- mounting hardware, anti-rattle isolation pads included
- 15-1/2"W x 17-1/2"H grille included
- cutout: 14"W x 60"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
- lifetime warranty
- 500 watts (mono) RMS into 4 ohms at <0.01% THD
- frequency response: 15-200 Hz (-3 dB)
- Class D digital amplifier design
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz low-pass crossover
- includes custom sound-shaping circuit cards for CSW100, CSW200 and CSW155 subwoofers
- speaker-level and line-level inputs and outputs
- unfiltered LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- detachable AC power cord
- 17"W x 4-1/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CSW155
What's in the box:
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the Polk Audio CSW155 subwoofer and Polk Audio SWA500 subwoofer amplifier
- The CSW155 box includes:
- In-wall/in-ceiling subwoofer
- 4 Metal mounting brackets
- 5 Self-adhesive foam isolation pads (1" x 8")
- Sixteen 1" Wood screws
- 16 Flat washers
- White aluminum grille w/plastic frame
- Twelve 3/4" Wood screws
- Owner's Manual
- Installation sheet (English)
- Installation sheet (French)
- Online product registration sheet
- The SWA500 box includes:
- SWA500 Subwoofer amplifier
- CSW100 SPEX card
- CSW155 SPEX card
- CSW200 SPEX card
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 4 Machine screws
- 7-3/4' AC power cord
- Online product registration sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio CSW155
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Cutout Size||15.5 x 17.5|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 250|
|Parts Warranty||Sub: Lifetime,Amp: 3 Yrs|
|Labor Warranty||Sub: Lifetime,Amp: 3 Yrs|
Mounting Location: The CSW155 is designed to be mounted between wall studs or ceiling joists. It fits comfortably between 16" OC (on center) studs.
Woofer: The CSW155 features a long-throw, Klippel-analyzed 10" fiber cone woofer with a rubber surround. By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers optimized the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for the best possible performance and low distortion even at extreme listening levels.
Woofer Design: The woofer is equipped with the following structural features:
- Neodymium motor structure makes the subwoofer shallow without sacrificing performance
- rigid cast aluminum basket to suppress resonance
- 2" voice coil for high bass output and high power handling
- inverted roll surround for reliability
- dual spiders ensure linear excursion and prevent the driver from bottoming out
Enclosure Construction: The CSW155 has rigidly braced MDF enclosure construction for low resonance and rattle-free performance.
Slot Vent: The enclosure features an integrated slot vent for deep, driving bass.
Grille: The CSW155 is designed to fire through an opening in the wall or ceiling. Once the installation is complete, the opening is to be covered with the supplied 15-1/2" x 17-1/2" perforated aluminum grille.
Shipping Cover: The enclosure comes with a 1/2" thick, 16" x 14" MDF panel secured to the enclosure protecting the woofer. In addition to protecting the woofer, the cover can be used as a template for cutting the drywall for the grille.
Isolation Pads: When the enclosure is installed, it fits snugly against one of the wall studs or ceiling joists. To prevent rattling, the isolation pads should be installed between the enclosure and the stud or joist.
Mounting Brackets: The supplied brackets and wood screws allow you to mount the CSW155 to any parallel wall studs or ceiling joists.
Compatibility: The CSW155 should only be used with the SWA500 subwoofer amplifier. The SWA500 comes with a SPEX Card that configures the EQ, crossover, and power control circuitry to match the CSW155 subwoofer. One SWA500 amplifier can power up to two subwoofers at the same time.
Class D Amplifier: The SWA500 has a hybrid Class D amplifier that produces 250 watts RMS into 8 ohms and 500 watts RMS into 4 ohms.
Variable Crossover: The amplifier has a built-in variable crossover that makes it easy to achieve a seamless blend with the main speakers, while the 24dB/octave low-pass filter prevents the subwoofer from being easily localized by the ear, increasing placement flexibility. The crossover point may be adjusted from 40-120 Hz.
Protection Circuitry: The SWA500 offers thermal, short circuit, and over-current protection.
Auto On/Off Sensing: In Auto mode, the amplifier automatically turns on when it senses a signal and turns off when no signal is present.
- Low-pass Knob: adjust the low-pass crossover point from 40 Hz to 120 Hz
- Volume Knob: adjust the volume level up or down to match the bass level of the subwoofer to the level of the other speakers in the system
- Phase Switch: reverses the polarity of the two speaker outputs; the correct setting is that which yields the fullest bass
- Power Switch: choose Standby, Auto, or On
- Speaker Out (1 and 2): gold-plated binding posts; the binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs; the outputs are wired in parallel and allow you to connect one or two subwoofers to the amplifier
- Speaker In: gold-plated binding posts; the binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs
- Line In (filtered): left and right RCA audio jacks; use this input if you wish to set the subwoofer crossover point using the SWA500's low-pass control knob on the front panel
- LFE In (unfiltered): single RCA audio jack; use this input to bypass the SWA500's internal low-pass filter
- Line Out: left and right RCA audio jacks
- SPEX Card: slot for the supplied SPEX Card; a 7-pin connector plugs into the card and the card bolts into the back panel of the amplifier
- Spring Posts: one set of spring post terminals accept pin connectors or bare wire; the terminals are mounted on the bottom panel of the enclosure