About the Harman Kardon Citation Wireless 5.1 System
Elegant looks, great sound, and easy setup
Elegant looks, great sound, and easy setup
Here's a stylish-looking surround sound system that's an easy fit for most rooms. It includes Harman Kardon's Citation Bar to cover the front channels, plus matching wireless surrounds and a wireless sub for immersive, wraparound sound with deep bass.
The system is available in grey or black. (Grey sound bar and sub shown.)
A feature-packed sound bar
There's a lot to love about the Citation Bar, including plenty of premium touches like a blended wool fabric exterior and a full-color LCD touchscreen on the top panel for accessing presets and controlling music playback. Google Assistant voice control and Wi-Fi® are built in. That means whether you want to play your favorite Spotify® playlist or just shuffle all your Pandora® stations, all you have to do is ask.
“Hey Google, what's traffic like?”
Google Assistant can help you with more than music. Plan your day with weather and traffic updates. Create a shopping list, set reminders or alarms, and control connected smart home devices like lights and thermostats — all with your voice.
Not into voice control? Not a problem.
The Bar has Bluetooth® and Chromecast built-in, so you can wirelessly stream your favorite audio content right from your mobile device.
Convenient wireless subwoofer and surround speakers
The included Citation Subwoofer uses a 10” woofer and 200-watt amplifier to bring some thunder to your movies, shows, and music. The matching Citation Surround speakers look great placed on a table or stands behind your couch, but they also come with wall-mount brackets. The sub and surrounds connect wirelessly with your sound bar, so you won't need to run connecting cables. (But remember, each one requires a connection to AC power.)
- top surface has full-color LCD touchscreen with preset options and playback controls
- top-panel volume control buttons
- Chromecast built-in for wireless music streaming over your Wi-Fi network
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, TuneIn, and Google Play (subscriptions required for some services)
- create a multi-room system with additional Harman Kardon Citation or other Chromecast-enabled wireless speakers
- built-in Google Assistant voice control lets you adjust volume, play/pause music, access weather reports, create calendar reminders, and more
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- 1 HDMI/ARC port for connection to your TV
- 3 HDMI inputs for connecting a game console, Blu-ray player, and more
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm aux input
- 45-1/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 9 lbs.
- 10" woofer
- 200-watt RMS amplifier
- 17-5/8"W x 13-5/16"H x 14-7/16"D
- weight: 32 lbs.
Harman Kardon Citation Surround speakers:
- 50-watt built-in amplifier (each speaker)
- 1" tweeter and two 3" woofers (each speaker)
- 4-1/8"W x 10-13/16"H x 3-7/16"D
- weight: 2.84 lbs. (each)
- subwoofer and surround speakers connect wirelessly to the sound bar
- enclosures are wrapped in dirt-repellent, flame-retardant premium wool
- sound bar, subwoofer, and surround speakers each require an AC power connection
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- Harman Kardon Citation Bar:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6' AC power cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4' HDMI cable
- 42" IR repeater cable
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 2 Thumb-screws
- 4 Wood screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
- Harman Kardon Citation Sub: Wireless powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Harman Kardon Citation Surrounds:
- 2 Wireless surround speakers
- Two 6' AC power cords
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 4 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Harman Kardon Citation Wireless 5.1 System
3-Channel Active Soundbar: The H/K Citation Bar is a 3-channel active soundbar speaker with one 0.75" dome tweeter and two 4"x2" race-track cone drivers for each channel - all powered by a built-in 150 watt (RMS) amplifier for dynamic, room-filling sound. The drivers are housed in a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing port for greater efficiency and better bass response.
Wireless Powered Sub: The Citation Sub houses a front-firing 10" woofer powered by a built-in 200 watt (RMS) amplifier inside a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for dynamic bass performance. The Citation Sub combines its luxurious audio with a sophisticated and beautiful design. Its premium blended wool fabric, made by Kvadrat, is dirt repellent and flame retardant.
Wireless Rear Surrounds: Two wireless rear surround speakers are included. Each wireless rear speaker houses a 1" dome tweeter and two 3" cone woofers that are powered by a built-in 50 (RMS) amplifier for dynamic surround sound.
WiSA Connectivity: The Citation Sub and Surrounds feature 5GHz WiSA (Wireless Speaker & Audio) technology which allows it to connect wirelessly to the Harman/Kardon Citation Bar soundbar speaker - no running cables to your powered subwoofer or rear speakers. You'll use the touchscreen display menu on top of the Citation Bar to wirelessly sync the sub and speakers together. WiSA offers perfect synchronization with nearly zero latency and 24-bit/48kHz audio
Virtual Surround w/ Sound Presets: You can activate a Virtual Surround mode and choose between 5 Sound Mode Presets - Standard, Music, Movie, News, and Night. Night Mode reduces the soundbar's dynamic range of Dolby Digital soundtracks for late-night listening. There is also an Audio Sync function that lets you decrease or increase the audio sync delay if the video and audio synchronization is not correct. In addition, you can increased or decrease the soundbar's Bass output level.
HDMI 2.0 Connectivity: The Harman/Kardon Citation Bar is equipped with three HDMI inputs and one HDMI ARC output. The HDMI inputs and output support the HDMI 2.0 specification with ultra high-definition 4K video pass-through, HDCP 2.2 compatibility, ARC, & Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch).
- 4K Pass-Through: The H/K soundbar lets you maintain 4K quality from source to screen by allowing 4K video to "pass through" and be displayed on a 4K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you the pure 4K experience makes this soundbar the perfect partner for 4K-capable TVs and Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signal are also supported.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the soundbar's HDMI jacks. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the soundbar speaker system's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the soundbar speaker through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: The ARC-enabled HDMI input of many televisions only sends an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Digital & Analog Audio Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Citation Bar soundbar features a optical (toslink) digital input and a stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input. The optical digital input will support 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch).
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
IR Remote w/ IR Repeater: The H/K Citation Bar comes with an IR remote for wireless control of the soundbar speaker, as well as basic playback control of Chromecast & Bluetooth audio devices. In addition, the Citation Bar can respond to Volume Up/Down commands from most Samsung, Sony, LG, and Vizio TV remote controls automatically (no programming required). If the soundbar blocks your TV's IR sensor, the unit's IR repeater output and cable allow the remote signal to pass through the soundbar speaker to your TV.
Sophisticated Design: The Citation Bar, Sub, and Surrounds combine their luxurious audio with a sophisticated and beautiful design. Its premium blended wool fabric, made by Kvadrat, is dirt repellent and flame retardant.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Harman/Kardon Citation Series System offers flexible mounting & placement options for the soundbar, subwoofer, and surrounds.
- Soundbar: The Harman/Kardon Citation Bar can simply be placed on a table-top or wall mounted (wall-mount brackets, hardware, & template are included). The soundbar speaker should be centered above or below your TV screen.
- Subwoofer: Because the Citation Sub is wireless and has a range of approximately 50', it can be placed almost anywhere in the room. Placing the wireless powered subwoofer on the same wall as the Citation Bar or Towers will provide the best overall performance. Putting the sub in a corner will produce the most bass output.
- Surrounds: The Citation Surround speakers can be placed on top of a pair of speaker stands (sold separately), on a shelf, or wall-mounted (brackets included; wall screws not included). The rubber feet on the bottom of the speakers must be removed to install the included wall-mount brackets. The wall-mount brackets allow you to swivel the speakers left or right (approximately 45-degrees).
AC Power: The H/K Citation Bar, Sub, and Surrounds each come with a detachable AC power cord that plugs into the back of the speakers and sub and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Citation Series: The Citation Bar is part of the Harman/Kardon Citation series of WiFi & Bluetooth enabled audio speakers with Chromecast built-in, allowing you to create a whole-house multiroom audio system. The Citation speaker lineup consists of various speaker options to meet practically every listening need - including multiple countertop speaker options, a pair of tower speakers, surround speakers, soundbars, and a powered subwoofer (all sold separately).
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: To enjoy Chromecast built-in music apps and voice control via the Google Assistant, you will need to connect the Harman/Kardon Citation Bar to your wireless home network. The Citation Bar is equipped with dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) for a high-performance wireless network connection. There is also an Ethernet jack if you prefer a hardwired network connection.
Google Home App: Use the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.+ and Android OS 4.4+) to connect the Harman/Kardon Citation Bar speaker to your home's wireless WiFi network, as well as setup the Google Assistant and Chromecast built-in from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You can also configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust other various settings.
Chromecast built-in: Thanks to Chromecast built-in you have access to 300 online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Citation Bar speaker. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the Citation Bar speaker.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the Citation Bar speaker. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: The Citation Bar delivers multiroom audio capability by adding additional Harman/Kardon Citation and Chromecast built-in speakers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the built-in Google Assistant and your voice.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
Dual Microphone Array w/ Google Assistant: An integrated dual microphone array and the built-in Google Assistant brings convenient voice control to the Citation Bar. Use the Google Assistant and your voice to access Chromecast built-in music apps and then select a specific station or song to wirelessly stream to the Citation Bar speaker. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. In addition, use you'll be able to use your voice to control Google Home compatible smart home products like lights, cameras, thermostats, locks, and more. You can even use the Google Assistant to get weather updates, new reports, sports scores, calendar dates and more. The Google Assistant has the ability to recognize up to six different users. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
- Smart Home Automation: The Citation Bar with Google Assistant lets you control devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- News, Weather & Sports: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
- Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Ask the Citation Bar with Google Assistant about your day and hear the information you need without going online or opening your Google Calendar. Also, use voice commands to set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Get Answers: The Citation Bar's built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more.
Note: For additional security and privacy, the Citation Bar's microphones can be switched off. Multi-color LED indicators show the current state of these microphones. Click here for Google Home's FAQ site.
Apple AirPlay 2 (requires available firmware update): Apple AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the H/K Citation speaker and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the H/K Citation speaker. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Harman/Kardon Citation Series speaker.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: In addition to support for Chromecast built-in the Citation Bar offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You can stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the Citation Bar. You'll also be able to operate Play & Pause functions from the speaker's top-panel controls. Multiple devices can be paired with the speaker, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the unit will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The Citation Bar does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication (HFP) for making or answering phone calls. Bluetooth audio cannot be controlled via the Google Assistant and your voice.
Color Touchscreen Display: Get complementary song/artist information (including album art) from your audio content or control your music with your fingertips using the Citation Bar's intuitive touch-panel color display located on top of the speaker.
Automatic Firmware Updates: Automatic firmware updates will be handled through the Google Home app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) over a WiFi network connection.
3 questions already asked