About the Klipsch Heritage Cornwall IV
Iconic Klipsch sound with improved technology
Iconic Klipsch sound with improved technology
For decades, music lovers around the globe have been enthralled by the incredible sound of Klipsch's Cornwall floor-standing speakers. Now in its fourth iteration, the latest version of this iconic tower sports a newly designed midrange driver, along with an improved Tractrix® horn design. The result is even better sound than before from this all-star speaker.
The Cornwall IV features a horn-loaded tweeter and midrange driver for exceptionally clear and natural sound (shown in American walnut).
A soulful listening experience
When I sit down to listen to music, I mean really listen, I want to connect with it as deeply as possible. That's why I own large floor-standing speakers — it's like having a concert in my living room.
A pair of the Cornwall IVs can provide that kind of emotionally moving listening experience in spades. Each speaker's 1" horn-loaded tweeter, 1-3/4" horn-loaded midrange, and 15" woofer combine for powerful, lifelike sound with almost startling dynamics.
Proudly made in the USA
The Cornwall IV is designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas. It's available in several attractive book-matched wood veneer finishes, which provide a "mirror" image of each other. That's because each pair of Cornwalls is sourced from the same piece of timber, and are precisely arranged to provide an aesthetically pleasing mirror image at the splice.
Bi-amp or bi-wire for the best performance
Each tower comes equipped with two pairs of speaker inputs for bi-amping or bi-wiring. Since they don't include any speaker wire, consider reading our article on choosing and installing speaker wire to find the best option for your system.
A reminder about size and weight
The Cornwall IV's premium materials and large, braced enclosure makes it quite heavy. Each speaker weighs in at 100 pounds, so you may want to have a friend on-site to help you unbox and position them.
- matched pair of floor-standing speakers
- designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design
- 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver tweeter with horn-loaded design
- 1-3/4" polyimide-diaphragm compression driver midrange with horn-loaded design
- 15" fiber-composite cone woofer
- 3 front-firing Tractrix ports with custom-designed inner flares reduce air turbulence for strong, clean bass
- frequency response: 34-20,000 Hz (±4dB)
- power handling: 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 102 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- book-matched real wood veneer finish
- veneer leaves for the left and right speakers are crafted from the same piece of timber
- they're precisely arranged to provide an aesthetically pleasing "mirror" image at the splice
- removable cloth grille
- dual sets of speaker binding posts allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 25-5/16"W x 38"H x 15-1/2"D (each)
- weight: 100 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- 2 Floorstanding loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Owner's Manual
- "Congratulations" letter
- Klipsch brochure
Klipsch Heritage Cornwall IV reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Heritage Cornwall IV
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||1.75|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Woofer Composition||Fiber composite|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||34-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Cornwall IV: The Cornwall was introduced in 1959 as a larger full range alternative to the Heresy as a center channel speaker in a three-speaker stereo array. It provides the full range bass response of the Klipschorn with sensitivity and output approaching the fully horn-loaded models. Like the Heresy, the Cornwall IV is a three-way design utilizing horn-loaded compression drivers for midrange and treble frequencies and a direct radiating 15"woofer for the low frequencies.
3-Way Design: The Cornwall IV utilizes a three-way design featuring a horn-loaded 1" titanium compression high frequency driver and a horn-loaded 1.75" polyimide compression midrange driver, plus a direct-radiating 15" woofer for a combination of wide frequency response, low distortion, and high power output.
Tractrix Ports: The Cornwall IV utilizes Tractrix Geometry Port technology that offers fast, efficient, and low-noise air flow for punchy low-end bass frequencies. The Klipsch Tractrix Port is custom designed with an inner flar that helps reduce air turbulance and reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass output.
Book-Matched Wood Veneers: Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Heritage series. Each pair of Cornwall IV loudspeakers is grain-matched using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint - like turning the pages of a book. This gives each speaker a more aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory. Each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that each pair of speakers leave the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
Dual Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Klipsch Cornwall IV loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single/dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Placement Options: Your Klipsch Cornwall IV loudspeakers will perform well in a variety of locations, but best results will be achieved using the following general guidelines.
- Place on a common wall 6 to 15' apart. Position the speaker equidistant from the wall behind the speakers.
- Angle the speakers toward the listener and even with or forward of any adjacent obstructions. Asymmetrical placement of a pair of speakers from adjacent side walls can smooth room-induced bass unevenness.
- Placing them near a corner or wall provides the greatest amount of bass, while moving the speakers away from room boundaries reduces bass energy.
Heritage Series (Made in the USA): The Klipsch Heritage Series is built and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Hope Arkansas. They are meticulously handcrafted and assembled using the finest quality materials, even down to the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners (no detail goes unnoticed). Each Heritage Series loudspeaker utilizes Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded technology to bring a live music listening experience into the home. All Heritage Series loudspeakers are available in a variety high-quality wood veneers. Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers are built to rock the house and stand the test of time. This is a speaker that will be handed down for generations to come.
4 Principles of Klipsch Sound: Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. They continue to drive the design of every new Klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
- High Efficiency & Low Distortion: Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion - resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch's Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion - with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- Flat Frequency Response: Audio is delivered without frequency bias - no unnatural highs, mids or lows - reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
1 question already asked