About the Kicker 250-watt Bass Package
This Kicker bass package includes a mono amplifier and two 12" subwoofers — a sweet combo that'll bump up your ride with 250 watts of power.
Clean Kicker power
The package's DX250.1 mono amp sends 250 watts downstream to the pair of subs. The amp's built-in low-pass filter sends only the notes below 80 Hz to your sub, while the subsonic filter removes the super-low frequencies that your sub can't play. A bass boost lets you add some extra bump in your music, and you can add an optional wired remote for driver's seat control.
And this Kicker DX amplifier gives you clean power. Kicker's FIT™ — Fail-Safe Integration Technology — rejects noise from alternators, audio/video gear, and other car electronics for crisp, noise-free operation.
Two 12" subs kick out the lows
Each Comp 10C124 sub features a flex-resistant polypropylene cone with 360-degree back bracing for hard-hitting lows without distortion. The ribbed foam surround offers long excursion and keeps the cone on target, while double stitching ensures your investment won't come apart at the seams. The sub's tough steel basket provides a reliable foundation for big bass, and its extensive venting ensures long-lasting performance that won't break down when the bass gets heavy.
Important Note: The amplifier in this bass package is a good match for the included sub(s), but it's still important to set the amp's gain controls properly to avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire up the sub(s) in this package.
- package includes the 11DX250.1 amp and two 10C124 12" subwoofers
11DX250.1 mono subwoofer amplifier
- 140 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- low-pass filter (80 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (0, 9 dB at 40 Hz)
- frequency response: 25-80 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (adapter required for speaker-level inputs)
- preamp outputs for connection to another amp
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 15A x 2
- 10-5/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
10C124 12" subwoofers
- power handling: 50-150 watts RMS each
- frequency response: 27-500 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains three individually packed items: the Kicker DX250.1 mono subwoofer amp and two Kicker 10C124 12" subwoofers
- The DX250.1 box contains:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 15-Amp ATO blade fuses (2 installed)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 4-Gauge crimp-on spade connectors
- Four 12-Gauge crimp-on spade connectors
- One 18-Gauge crimp-on spade connector
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
- Each 10C124 box contains:
- One 4-ohm 12" subwoofer
- Rubber magnet boot (installed)
- Owner's Manual
- 2 Kicker decals
Kicker 250-watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Kicker 250-watt Bass Package
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over the full frequency range of the amp with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels at a reference of 1 watt. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on equal footing. Measured under CEA-2006 conditions the Kicker DX250.1 is rated at 140 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 4-ohm load and the signal to noise ratio is 75 dB. Additional specs listed in the manual (but not listed as CEA-2006 compliant) include 250 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 2-ohm load (measured using a 14.4 volt power supply with no more than 1% THD+N) and 95 dB signal-to-noise ratio (measured at the rated power output).
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage measured from the amplifier in the box, along with the model number, serial number, test date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: the amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker-level source)
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected
Protection Circuitry: The DX250.1 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (over 16 volt input), under voltage (under 10 volt input), and short circuit (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the left side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Speaker-level Input: High-level inputs can be used when the source device doesn't have preamp level outputs. The same RCA inputs on the amp are used for either speaker-level or line-level connections. When a speaker-level signal is used, a speaker wire to RCA adapter is needed (item number 20609ZiSL, sold separately) and the Input Level switch should be set to High.
Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT): FIT utilizes isolated differential inputs, rejecting noise and electrical interference for the quietest operation possible. FIT also allows Kicker amps to accept output from nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit.
Auto Turn-On: Three position switch; choose +12 V, DC Offset, or Audio.
Input Level: Set the two position switch to High (for speaker level) or Low (for line level).
Gain: The input gain is continuously variable, labeled 0 to 11. The gain range is governed by the input level switch; 250mV to 10V for speaker level and 125mV to 5V for line level.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a 9 dB signal boost centered at 40 Hz; the bass boost is manually turned on or off.
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers (particularly when mounted in a ported enclosure). The subsonic filter removes inaudible frequencies to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating this harmful distortion. The 24 dB/octave subsonic filter's crossover point is 25 Hz.
Crossover: The internal low pass crossover is always active (it cannot be bypassed). The crossover point is 80 Hz and the slope is 24 dB/octave.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.33" wide
- GND (ground): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- Speaker Outputs: screw terminals; accept spade connectors up to 0.32" wide; there are terminals for two subwoofers, internally shorted together
- Fuses: two 15-amp ATO fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: one pair of gold-plated RCA jacks, used for line level or speaker level inputs
- RCA Outputs: one pair of gold-plated RCA outputs; useful for adding another amp
- Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack (phone type plug) for use with the an optional ZXRC remote bass level control
Polypropylene Cone: The Kicker Comp subwoofer's super-rigid injection-molded polypropylene cone features 360-degree back bracing to completely eliminate flex and distortion.
Ribbed Foam Surround: The optimized ribbed foam surround allows extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. The surround is double-stitched to the cone to add a mechanical fastener to the chemical adhesives. This prevents the cone and surround from separating in the harshest conditions.
Spiralead Tinsel Leads: The Kicker Comp subwoofer features durable Spiralead tinsel leads, which are woven into the woofer's progressive-roll polycotton spider, for added strength and reliability.
Steel Basket with Vented Pole Piece: The Kicker Comp subwoofer features a resilient, steel basket with coil-cooling perimeter venting and a vented pole piece for heat dissipation, so the high-temperature voice coil stays cool.
Speaker Terminals: The spring-loaded, nickel-plated terminals provide solid connections for speaker wire up to 10-gauge. Single banana plugs and pin connectors will also fit.
Rubber Magnet Boot: A black rubber boot covers the outside edge of the magnet structure to improve the cosmetics of the woofer and protect the magnet during installation.
Enclosure Versatility: The Kicker Comp subwoofer is versatile, performing in vented or sealed enclosures, and in free-air applications as well.
Sealed Enclosure Applications: A sealed enclosure design gives the smoothest response with increased energy at the lowest frequency between 20 to 30 Hz.
- Compact (minimum enclosure volume): 1.25 cu/ft
- SQ (maximum enclosure volume): 3.5 cu/ft
Recommended Vented Box Volume: A vented enclosure design is the choice for loud, high-performance bass for SPL contests.
- Compact: 1.75 cu/ft with a 2.0" x 12.5" slot port opening that is 16.0" in depth
- SQ: 2.25 cu/ft with a 2.0" x 12.5" slot port opening that is 16.375" in depth
Note: The SQ enclosure generates a flatter response curve and extends sub-bass response.
Infinite Baffle Mounting: The Kicker Comp subwoofer does not require a sealed or vented enclosure for good bass performance. The Comp subwoofer is designed to also be used as a free-air driver. The infinite baffle mounting method effectively utilizes the rear deck and trunk space of most sedan type vehicles.
Great power. Definitely a good choice. Cant go wrong with Kicker. Now just need some deadener. Crutchfield awesome as always
Mark R. from Richmond, TX