About the Audioengine HD3/Pro-Ject Debut Carbon/Phono Box DC Bundle
Everything you need to start enjoying your vinyl
Included Audioengine HD3 speakers offer analog and digital connections, plus Bluetooth for wireless streaming.
Everything you need to start enjoying your vinyl
By itself, the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon garners extravagant praise from our customers. We wanted to make it accessible to anyone — even vinyl newbies — so we've packaged the sleek turntable with Pro-Ject's compact Phono Box DC preamplifier and a pair of excellent Audioengine HD3 desktop powered speakers. Take a few minutes to connect these three parts, and you'll be enjoying the rich, warm sound of your favorite records for years to come.
What Pro-Ject fans are raving about
What makes customers love this turntable? It boils down to high quality at a reasonable price. That's Pro-Ject's mission, and their attention to detail makes the Debut Carbon a fantastic value.
A one-piece carbon fiber tonearm reduces unwanted resonance that colors sound. The turntable's sturdy MDF chassis rests on shock-absorbing rubber feet that provide a solid, low-resonance foundation. The belt drive system and TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) motor mount isolate the motor's vibration from the chassis to prevent noise from being transferred to the (included, pre-mounted) cartridge.
The included Phono Box DC phono preamp uses premium quality parts to deliver the warm, relaxed sound that vinyl is famous for. Its compact all-metal body rejects interference to ensure clean sound, and the gold-plated inputs and outputs resist corrosion for the best possible signal transfer.
Convenient wireless desktop speakers
Audioengine HD3 speakers don't take up much space, and they offer a convenient stereo RCA connection on the back of the left-hand speaker for connecting the output of the TEAC turntable. Two 30-watt amplifiers power the speakers, so you can share your favorite tracks.
They're no one-trick pony, though. You can also use Bluetooth with aptX® technology to connect to your mobile device from up to 100 feet away, and listen to high-quality streaming tunes. There's also a USB input so you can get great sound from your computer. When it's quiet time in your home, use the headphone jack on the front of the left speaker to jam in your own little world.
- all-in-one bundle for high-performance stereo sound from your records, computer, and portable music players
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable:
- upgraded motor suspension with TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) damping for silent operation
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm for superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge
- heavy 12" steel platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability and protects records from scratches
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks (47" Stereo RCA cable w/ ground wire included)
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- 16-3/8"W x 4-11/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
Audioengine HD3 Powered Speakers:
- two 30-watt RMS amplifiers built into left speaker
- Bluetooth with aptX® audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- each speaker features:
- one 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- one 2-3/4" Kevlar mid/woofer
- front-mounted volume control on left speaker
- inputs and outputs (left speaker):
- front headphone output
- rear micro USB input
- rear stereo minijack input
- rear RCA stereo input
- RCA stereo line output
- 4-1/4"W x 7-3/16"H x 7-1/4"D (each)
- weight: 4 lbs. (left powered speaker)
- weight: 3.4 lbs. (right passive speaker)
Pro-Ject Phono Box DC:
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- gold-plated input and output jacks for solid, corrosion-free connections
- 4-1/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 3 years (speakers), 2 years (turntable and preamp), 1 year (cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Audioengine / Pro-Ject bundle consists of the Audioengine HD3 powered speakers with the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC turntable (black) and Pro-Ject Phono Box (all individually packaged).
- The Audioengine HD3 speaker box includes:
- Powered speaker
- Passive speaker
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- AC power supply (attached 6' DC cord)
- 6' AC power cord
- Bluetooth antenna
- 5' microUSB-to-USB cable
- 6.5' Speaker cable (banana connectors on each end)
- 5' Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Microfiber speaker bags
- MIcrofiber cable bag
- Quickstart Guide
- Product Line Brochure
- The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC turntable box includes:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Metal platter
- Hub (installed)
- Drive belt (installed)
- Felt mat
- 47" Stereo RCA cable (w/ ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- Head-shell weight
- Dust cover
- Plastic hook-tool
- Instructions For Use
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- The Pro-Ject Phono Box box includes:
- Phono (MM/MC) pre-amplifier
- AC power adapter (with attached 58" DC output cord)
- North American Type A 2-prong plug adapter
- European Type C 2-pin plug adapter
- British Type G 3-pin plug adapter
More details on the Audioengine HD3/Pro-Ject Debut Carbon/Phono Box DC Bundle
Belt Driven: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon features a quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley which drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt. The Debut Carbon supports 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.
Resonance-Reducing Construction: The attractive resonance-reducing MDF plinth supports a heavier 12" (300mm) diameter metal platter for smoother rotation and lower wow and flutter. Additionally, a felt record mat is employed for superior record support and coupling. The platter and plinth assembly sits upon four-point "O"-ring feet designed for energy absorption and the plinth-mounted motor is isolated by a new TPE suspension keeping unwanted noise and vibration to a bare minimum. The motor is even decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
Note: The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
High-Fidelity Sound: The 8.6" single-piece tube carbon fiber tone-arm that increases stiffness while decreasing unwanted resonances resulting in a higher fidelity presentation of your vinyl recordings. Fitted to the carbon fiber arm is a true high-end cartridge, the 2M Red moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge by Ortofon. This arm/cartridge combination is capable of exceptional tracking and recovery of the musical nuance found within the record's grooves.
RCA Output Jacks: Plinth mounted RCA output jacks allow for the use of higher quality interconnects for even better sonic performance. Connect the turntable to the Phono input of your home receiver.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier, such as the Pro-Ject Phono Box, is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.35A
- Output: 15V - 0.8A (0.5A)
Dimensions: Width 16.375" Height 4.6875" (14.625" with dust cover raised), Depth 13.125" (15.75" with dust cover raised).
Warranty: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable carries a 2-year warranty, while the supplied cartridge has a 1-year warranty.
Phono (MM/MC) Preamp: The Pro-Ject Phono Box allows you to connect a turntable with either a MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge to today's home receiver's and amplifier which do not offer a dedicated phono input. There is a button on the back of the unit which allows you to switch between MM or MC mode.
Metal Case: The Phono Box's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference. Dimensions: Width 4.125", Height 1.5", Depth 5.375", Weight 20.1 ounces.
Dual-Mono Circuitry: The Phono Box provides optimal channel separation through dual-mono circuitry and low-noise ICs.
RIAA Equalization: The Pro-Ject Phono Box provides amplification and RIAA equalization for both MM and MC cartridges.
RCA Connections: The Phono Box features gold-plated stereo RCA connections. A stereo RCA input connects your turntable, and a stereo RCA output connects your home receiver or amplifier. RCA cables sold separately.
Ground Terminal: The Phono Box also has a turntable ground, in case your turntable has a separate ground lead. This provides shielding to the tone-arm and the sensitive circuitry in the turntable.
Outboard Power Supply: The Pro-Ject Phono Box operates off of standard household AC current, using the supplied AC power adapter. The external power adapter is separate from the phono preamp to further improve sound quality.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.6A
- Output: 15V - 500mA (18V)
Warranty: The Pro-Ject Phono Box turntable carries a 2-year warranty.
Audioengine HD3 Powered Speakers: The Audioengine's HD3's speaker cabinets, drivers, innovative bass port design, amplifier, and passive crossover network are critically tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and external amplifiers. The HD3 is not a "box-built" system with off-the-shelf parts, but includes custom-designed components constructed to Audioengine's specifications for high quality, high performance sound. Dimensions: Width 4.25", Height 7", Depth 7.25", Weight 4 pounds.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Audioengine HD3 employs a two-way driver design. Each speaker is outfitted with a 0.75" silk dome tweeter and a 2.75" kevlar cone woofer for a wide stereo soundstage.
- Silk Dome Tweeter: The HD3 uses an audiophile-quality, ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter with a neodymium magnet. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response.
- Kevlar-Woven Woofer: The woofer used is a Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surround. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels.
Built-In Amplifier: The amplifier in the Audioengine HD3 is located in the left speaker and are a conservatively-rated class A/B analog monoblock design. This is a more traditional speaker/amplifier configuration which provides excellent quality audio and greater flexibility. All circuit boards for the power and preamp sections are vertically mounted for maximum mechanical shock protection. The built-in power amplifier saves space and eliminates the need to connect Audioengine HD3 to a stereo receiver or external power amp.
Note: The included 6.5' speaker wire connects from the left speaker's binding-post terminals to the right speaker's binding post terminals to power the right speaker.
Hand-Built Cabinets: The Audioengine HD3's speaker cabinets are hand-built with furniture-grade finishes. The HD3 cabinets are available in several handsome finishes, including walnut and cherry veneers as well as satin black and white paint; offering a wide choice for complementing room furnishings. Also included are detachable grills that add further aesthetic advantages as they are firmly held in place with hidden neodymium magnets for a clean look.
Front-Slot Port: One of the reasons the Audioengine HD3 has such great bass response for a compact speaker is its slot-ported cabinet. Each cabinet features a rear-firing slot-port that has been specifically tuned for accurate bass down to 65Hz. The result is low end with minimal audible air turbulence, so you can use the Audioengine HD3 speakers with or without a separate subwoofer.
24-bit Upsampling DAC: The HD3's built-in Bluetooth receiver and USB input both utilize the AKM AK4396A DAC, widely known for its low-noise and high-fidelity. The AK4396A is used as an upsampling DAC and will pad all bit depths to 24-bits, achieving a higher signal-to-noise ratio and lower noise floor. Due to the high signal-to-noise specs of the AK4396A, the fact that digital signal is upsampled to 24-bits, as well as the added benefit of onboard triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the HD3 Bluetooth implementation presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics with a noticeable improvement over many other Bluetooth devices.
Bluetooth Music Streaming The Audioengine HD3 incorporates built-in Bluetooth (version 4.0) for wireless music streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the powered speaker system. You will continue to control your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- SBC, AAC, and aptX Codecs: The HD3 powered speakers feature aptX coding (for Android) which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec with "CD-quality" like sound. And even if your phone or tablet doesn't have aptX, the HD3 Bluetooth solution is backwards-compatible with SBC and AAC (for iPhone) codecs, so you can wirelessly stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device and still enjoy all your music.
- 100' Wireless Range: Most Bluetooth products have very limited range (only up to 30'), typically within just one room. But with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, the HD3 offers a superior solution that has up to 3x the range (up to 100') of standard Bluetooth for multiroom use, with no degradation in audio quality.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Audioengine HD3.
microUSB Input: The Audioengine HD3 is fitted with a microUSB input that can be used to playback music files from your Windows PC or Mac computer (no separate USB driver necessary). Simply use the included microUSB-to-USB cable to connect the HD3 to a free USB port on your computer. The microUSB input bypasses your computer's built-in low-quality DAC and utilizes the HD'3 24-bit upsampling DAC for a high-end listening experience. The Audioengine HD3's microUSB port supports music files up to 24-bit/44.1kHz or 48kHz.
Audiophile-Quality Headphone Amp: The Audioengine HD3 features an audiophile-quality, dedicated headphone amplifier with front-panel headphone output. The HD3's high-performance headphone amplifier is based on the OPA2134 low-noise opamp. This amp is able to provide low-impedance, high-fidelity audio and a 2-volt output which easily drives a wide range of headphones
Dual Aux Inputs: The HD3 is equipped with two analog Aux inputs. There is a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input and a stereo RCA input for connecting analog audio devices.
Variable Audio Output: The Audioengine HD3 includes a variable stereo preamp audio output so you can connect a powered subwoofer (such as the Audioengine S8), other Audioengine powered speakers, or an Audioengine wireless adapter (sold separately) to daisy-chaining music to other systems around the house. This output is variable (adjustable) so the volume level can be controlled from the HD3.
Front-Panel Rotary Knob: The HD3's front-panel rotary knob allows you to turn the speaker system on or off, as well as adjust the volume level up or down.
Power Requirements: The Audioengine HD3's left speaker plugs into an AC power outlet using the included AC power adapter and AC power cord.
Break-in Period: The speaker will sound great out of the box and will get better over time. You should give them at least 30-50 hours of break-in time before doing any critical listening.
Warranty: The Audioengine HD3 is covered by a 3-year warranty.