About the Audioengine HD6/Pro-Ject DC Esprit/Phono Box Bundle
Get started playing records in style
Audioengine's HD6 speakers offer analog and digital inputs, plus an antenna for top-notch Bluetooth® streaming.
Get started playing records in style
We wanted to make great analog sound accessible to anyone — even vinyl newbies — so we've packaged Pro-Ject's stellar Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable with their compact Phono Box DC phono preamplifier and a pair of excellent Audioengine HD6 powered stereo speakers. Take a few minutes to connect these three parts, and you'll be enjoying the rich, warm sound of your favorite records for years to come.
A turntable made for serious vinyl fans
When you listen to your favorite records, you want to hear exactly what the musicians intended. The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable was built to eliminate any mechanical or electronic noise that might impinge upon your ideal listening experience.
A one-piece carbon fiber tonearm reduces unwanted resonance that colors sound. The turntable's sturdy MDF chassis rests on shock-absorbing rubber feet that provide a solid, low-resonance foundation. The belt drive system and TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) motor mount isolate the motor's vibration from the chassis to prevent noise from being transferred to the cartridge.
The Esprit SB also features a built-in Pro-Ject Speed Box with a top-mounted electronic switch that lets you easily change speeds from 33-1/3 to 45 rpm with the push of a button. A heavy 12" precision-machined acrylic platter lowers the turntable's noise floor for clearer, more dynamic sound.
Powerful wireless bookshelf speakers
Each of the speakers has a 5-1/2" woofer and 1" dome tweeter for sound that's clear, rich, and full. The system's built-in stereo amplifier is rated at 50 watts per channel — plenty of power to deliver room-filling sound.
There's a convenient stereo RCA connection on the back of the left-hand speaker for plugging in the TEAC turntable. They're no one-trick pony, though. You can also use Bluetooth with aptX® technology to connect to your mobile device from up to 100 feet away, and listen to high-quality streaming tunes. There's also a handy optical digital input for high-res digital signals, or for connecting your TV, Blu-ray player, or gaming system.
- all-in-one bundle for high-performance stereo sound from your records, computer, and portable music players
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB Turntable:
- manual belt-drive turntable with pre-mounted cartridge and built-in Speed Box electronic speed control
- precision control with top-mounted electronic switch for easy speed changes (33-1/3 or 45 rpm)
- heavy 12" acrylic platter reduces resonance and noise
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm for superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge
- upgraded motor suspension with TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) damping for silent operation
- precision stainless-steel bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- 47" stereo RCA cable included
- technical specifications:
- speed variation: ±0.8%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 68dB
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 20-22,000 Hz
- 16-3/8"W x 4-3/4"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
Audioengine HD6 Powered Stereo Speakers:
- two 50-watt RMS amplifiers built into left speaker
- Bluetooth® with aptX audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz (±1.5dB)
- each speaker features:
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 5-1/2" Kevlar mid/woofer
- rear optical digital (SPDIF) input handles PCM audio signals up to 24-bit/192kHz
- rear RCA stereo input
- rear stereo minijack input
- RCA stereo line output
- 7-3/16"W x 11-7/8"H x 12-1/2"D (each)
Pro-Ject Phono Box DC:
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- external power supply for reduced noise and interference
- gold-plated input and output jacks for solid, corrosion-free connections
- small size allows placement near turntable
- 4-1/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (turntable and preamp), 1 year (cartridge), 3 years (speakers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Audioengine / Pro-Ject bundle consists of the Audioengine HD6 powered speakers with the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable (black) and Pro-Ject Phono Box (all individually packaged).
- The Audioengine HD6 speaker box includes:
- Powered speaker (black)
- Passive speaker (black)
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- Bluetooth antenna
- Remote control
- 13' Speaker cable (w/ banana connectors on each end)
- 6.5' Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber cable bag
- Quick Start Guide
- Product Line Brochure
- The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable box includes:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Acrylic platter
- Hub (installed)
- Thin drive belt
- Wide drive belt
- 47" Stereo RCA cable (w/ ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- Dust cover
- Plastic hook-tool
- Instructions For Use
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- The Pro-Ject Phono Box box includes:
- Phono (MM/MC) pre-amplifier
- AC power adapter (with attached 58" DC output cord)
- North American Type A 2-prong plug adapter
- European Type C 2-pin plug adapter
- British Type G 3-pin plug adapter
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audioengine HD6/Pro-Ject DC Esprit/Phono Box Bundle
Belt-Drive Design: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB employs a belt drive design, plus a low-noise synchronous AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilizing TPE) for ultimate speed stability. Together, they offer a smoother rotation and improved overall sound quality. Dimensions: Width 16.375", Height 4.6875", (14.625" dust cover raised), Depth 13.125" (15.75" dust cover raised), Weight 12.4 pounds.
Built-in Speed Box: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB features a built-in Speed Box which permits electronic speed change between 33, 45, and 78 rpm. A simple exchange of stylus to 2M78 (not included) and a drive belt turnover to larger diameter of pulley is also required for 78 rpm.
MDF Plinth: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB features a medium density fiber (MDF) that stands on four damped cone feet. The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
Acrylic Platter: The turntable comes with a heavy 12" (300mm) acrylic platter. No mat is included. Pro-Ject recommends that this turntable be used without a mat.
8.6" Carbon Tonearm: The 8.6" single-piece tube carbon fiber tonearm increases stiffness while decreasing unwanted resonances resulting in a higher fidelity presentation of your vinyl recordings. The conical-shaped carbon-fiber arm-tube avoids standing wave reflections.
MM-Cartridge: The turntable's tone-arm is fitted the 2M Red moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge by Ortofon. This cartridge is capable of exceptional tracking and recovery of the musical nuance found within the records grooves.
RCA Connections: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Pro-Ject turntable comes supplied with a 47" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, you will need to connect the Pro-Ject Phono Box (included in this bundle).
Internal Wiring: The turntable's internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the head shell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Phono (MM/MC) Preamp: The Pro-Ject Phono Box allows you to connect a turntable with either a MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge to today's home receiver's and amplifier which do not offer a dedicated phono input. There is a button on the back of the unit which allows you to switch between MM or MC mode.
Metal Case: The Phono Box's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference. Dimensions: Width 4.125", Height 1.5", Depth 5.375", Weight 20.1 ounces.
Dual-Mono Circuitry: The Phono Box provides optimal channel separation through dual-mono circuitry and low-noise ICs.
RIAA Equalization: The Pro-Ject Phono Box provides amplification and RIAA equalization for both MM and MC cartridges.
RCA Connections: The Phono Box features gold-plated stereo RCA connections. A stereo RCA input connects your turntable, and a stereo RCA output connects your home receiver or amplifier. RCA cables sold separately.
Ground Terminal: The Phono Box also has a turntable ground, in case your turntable has a separate ground lead. This provides shielding to the tone-arm and the sensitive circuitry in the turntable.
Outboard Power Supply: The Pro-Ject Phono Box operates off of standard household AC current, using the supplied AC power adapter. The external power adapter is separate from the phono preamp to further improve sound quality.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.6A
- Output: 15V - 500mA (18V)
Two-Way Speaker Design: Each of the Audioengine HD6 speakers has two drivers; a 1" silk dome tweeter and a 5.5" Kevlar woofer. The HD6 provides a real, natural sound the way the artist intended. The HD6 has a frequency response of 50Hz to 22,000Hz (+/-1.5dB).
- Silk Dome Tweeters: Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferro-fluid cooled silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response.
- Kevlar Woofers: The woofers are made of Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The woofers are housed in cast aluminum frames which provide high rigidity and increased heat dispersion.
- Dimensions: Width 7.1875", Height 11.875", Depth 12.5"
- Weight: 17.5 pounds
Built-in Amplifier: The 50W x 2ch amplifier in the Audioengine HD6 is located in the left speaker and is a conservatively-rated class A/B analog monoblock design. This is a more traditional speaker/amplifier marriage which provides excellent quality audio and greater flexibility. All circuit boards for the power and preamp sections are vertically mounted for maximum mechanical shock protection. The built-in power amplifier saves space and eliminates the need to connect Audioengine HD6 to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into an AC outlet and connect the included 13' speaker wire from the left speaker's binding-post terminal to right speaker's binding post terminals. All internal components of the HD6 are tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and external amplifiers.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: One of the reasons the Audioengine HD6 has such great bass response for a compact speaker is its slot-ported cabinet. Each cabinet features a rear-firing slot-port that has been specifically tuned for accurate bass down to 50Hz. The result is incredible low end with minimal audible air turbulence, so you can use the Audioengine HD6 speakers with or without a separate subwoofer. The cabinets are built using thick MDF with internal bracing. Internal sound-damping material reduces unwanted reflections inside the cabinet. The cabinet edges are rounded to reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The speakers are hand finished, then tuned and tested together to be sold in matching pairs. Also included are detachable grills that add further aesthetic advantages as they are firmly held in place with hidden neodymium magnets for a clean look.
Note: The HD6 cabinets are available in several handsome finishes, including walnut and cherry veneers as well as satin black paint, offering a wide choice for complementing room furnishings.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The HD6 employs an AKM 24-bit DAC (AK4396A),widely known for its low-noise and high-fidelity. The optical input of the HD6 utilizes the AK4396A as a bit-perfect 24-bit DAC, which will process sample rates up to 192kHz natively. For Bluetooth, the AK4396A is used as an upsampling DAC and will pad all bit depths to 24-bits, achieving a higher signal-to-noise ratio and lower noise floor.
Bluetooth Music Streaming The Audioengine HD6 incorporates built-in Bluetooth (version 4.0) for wireless music streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the powered speaker system. You will continue to control your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- SBC, AAC, and aptX Codecs: The HD6 powered speakers feature aptX coding (for Android) which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec with "CD-quality" like sound. And even if your phone or tablet doesn't have aptX, the HD6 Bluetooth solution is backwards-compatible with SBC and AAC (for iPhone) codecs, so you can wirelessly stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device and still enjoy all your music.
- Upsampling DAC: Due to the high signal-to-noise specs of the HD6's AKM DAC, the fact that digital signal is upsampled to 24-bits, as well as the added benefit of onboard triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the HD6 Bluetooth receiver presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics with a noticeable improvement over many other Bluetooth devices.
- 100' Wireless Range: Most Bluetooth products have very limited range (only up to 30'), typically within just one room. But with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, the HD6 offers a superior solution that has up to 3x the range (up to 100') of standard Bluetooth for multiroom use, with no degradation in audio quality.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Audioengine HD6.
Optical Digital Input: The Audioengine HD6 is fitted with a optical (toslink) digital input for connection of a digital audio device, like your Blu-ray player, gaming system, or TV. The optical digital input supports up to 24-bit/192 kHz PCM stereo.
Dual Aux Inputs: The HD6 is equipped with two analog Aux inputs. There is a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input and a stereo RCA input for connecting analog audio devices.
Variable Audio Output: The Audioengine HD6 includes a variable stereo preamp audio output so you can connect a powered subwoofer (such as the Audioengine S8), other Audioengine powered speakers, or an Audioengine wireless adapter (sold separately) to daisy-chaining music to other systems around the house. This output is variable (adjustable) so the volume level can be controlled from the HD6 or remote control.
Simple Controls: The HD6 features a front-mounted volume control and a rear-mounted power on/off switch. It also comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the powered speaker system. Remote control functions include Power on/off, Volume up/down, and Mute.
Toroidal Transformers: Power transformers are a large contributor to the overall audio performance, especially in the low end (bass response). Audioengine uses gapless core toroidal transformers which have a tighter radiated magnetic field, directly translating to lower noise. They are lighter than standard, lower-cost "EI" transformers and also generate less heat.
Placement: For the best soundstage and imaging, the speaker should be equidistant from the side walls and and a different distance from rear walls. Both speakers should also be equidistant from your primary listening position and at least 6' apart. Tweeters should be at approximately eye-level in your most frequent listening locations. For the best bass response, Audioengine recommend at least 6" of clearance between the rear of the speakers and the wall behind them.
Break-in Period: The speaker will sound great out of the box and will get better over time. No need to do anything else, but listen to them. Do give them at least 30-50 hours of break-in time before doing any critical listening.