About the Klipsch R15PM/Pro-Ject DC Esprit SB Bundle
An all-in-one record playing system with style
An all-in-one record playing system with style
I like knowing that I can set up a high-quality record playing system without having to find room for a receiver or power amp. To that end, we paired the Pro-Ject DC Esprit SB turntable with marvelous Klipsch R-15PM powered speakers so you can listen in style, even where space or budget are limited.
A turntable made for serious vinyl fans
When you listen to your favorite records, you want to hear exactly what the musicians intended. The Pro-Ject DC Esprit SB turntable was built to eliminate any mechanical or electronic noise that might impinge upon your ideal listening experience.
A one-piece carbon fiber tonearm reduces unwanted resonance that colors sound. The turntable's sturdy MDF chassis rests on shock-absorbing rubber feet that provide a solid, low-resonance foundation. The belt drive system and TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) motor mount isolate the motor's vibration from the chassis to prevent noise from being transferred to the cartridge.
The Esprit SB also features a built-in Pro-Ject Speed Box with a top-mounted electronic switch that lets you easily change speeds from 33-1/3 to 45 rpm with the push of a button. A heavy 12" precision-machined acrylic platter lowers the turntable's noise floor for clearer, more dynamic sound.
Rock-solid powered Klipsch speakers
You may have noticed that we didn't include a phono preamp with this bundle, nor is there one built into the turntable itself. No worries — Klipsch equipped the R-15PM with a built-in phono preamp, so they're ready to produce rich, warm vinyl sound as soon as you connect an RCA cable (included) to the left-hand speaker. 50 watts per channel, 5-1/4" copper spun woofers, and 1" tweeters in patented Tractrix® horn configuration guarantee high-quality playback of your favorite records.
They're plenty versatile, too. If you (or your kids) want to go digital, use the speakers' built-in Bluetooth to stream audio wirelessly, or plug in directly to the Type B USB port on the left-hand speaker. There's even a stereo minijack connection for plugging in smartphones and tablets, and a mono RCA output so you can add a subwoofer.
- all-in-one bundle for high-performance stereo sound from your records, computer, and portable music players
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB Turntable:
- manual belt-drive turntable with pre-mounted cartridge and built-in Speed Box electronic speed control
- precision control with top-mounted electronic switch for easy speed changes (33-1/3 or 45 rpm)
- heavy 12" acrylic platter reduces resonance and noise
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm for superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge
- upgraded motor suspension with TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) damping for silent operation
- precision stainless-steel bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- 47" stereo RCA cable included
- technical specifications:
- speed variation: ±0.8%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 68dB
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 20-22,000 Hz
- 16-3/8"W x 4-3/4"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
Klipsch Reference R-15PM Powered Speakers:
- two 50-watt RMS amplifiers and phono preamp built into left speaker
- Bluetooth® technology for streaming with compatible devices
- USB Type B input for connecting your Mac® or PC
- frequency response: 62-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- each speaker features:
- 1" aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter matched with a 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn
- 5-1/4" copper spun woofer
- rear-firing bass-reflex port
- optical digital audio input (2-channel PCM only)
- switchable (phono/line) stereo RCA input
- minijack stereo input (mini-to-mini cable included)
- RCA mono output for optional powered subwoofer
- 7"W x 12-1/2"H x 9-7/8"D (each)
- warranty: 2 years (turntable), 1 year (cartridge), 1 year (speakers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Klipsch / Pro-Ject bundle consists of the Klipsch R15PM powered speakers with the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable (black) (both individually packaged).
- The Klipsch R-15PM speaker box includes:
- Powered speaker (right)
- Passive speaker (left)
- 68" AC power cord
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- 16' Length of 18AWG speaker wire (bare tinned wire on each end)
- 6.5' USB-A to USB-B cable
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Instruction Booklet
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
- The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable box includes:
- Turntable (tonearm and cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Acrylic platter
- Hub (installed)
- Thin drive belt
- Wide drive belt
- 47" Stereo RCA cable (w/ ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Anti-skate weight
- Counter weight
- Dust cover
- Plastic hook-tool
- Instructions For Use
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch R15PM/Pro-Ject DC Esprit SB Bundle
Belt-Drive Design: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB employs a belt drive design, plus a low-noise synchronous AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilizing TPE) for ultimate speed stability. Together, they offer a smoother rotation and improved overall sound quality. Dimensions: Width 16.375", Height 4.6875", (14.625" dust cover raised), Depth 13.125" (15.75" dust cover raised), Weight 12.4 pounds.
Built-in Speed Box: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB features a built-in Speed Box which permits electronic speed change between 33, 45, and 78 rpm. A simple exchange of stylus to 2M78 (not included) and a drive belt turnover to larger diameter of pulley is also required for 78 rpm.
MDF Plinth: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB features a medium density fiber (MDF) that stands on four damped cone feet. The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
Acrylic Platter: The turntable comes with a heavy 12" (300mm) acrylic platter. No mat is included. Pro-Ject recommends that this turntable be used without a mat.
8.6" Carbon Tonearm: The 8.6" single-piece tube carbon fiber tonearm increases stiffness while decreasing unwanted resonances resulting in a higher fidelity presentation of your vinyl recordings. The conical-shaped carbon-fiber arm-tube avoids standing wave reflections.
MM-Cartridge: The turntable's tone-arm is fitted the 2M Red moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge by Ortofon. This cartridge is capable of exceptional tracking and recovery of the musical nuance found within the records grooves.
RCA Connections: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Pro-Ject turntable comes supplied with a 47" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono preamplifier, such as the Pro-Ject Phono Box (sold separately), is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Internal Wiring: The turntable's internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the head shell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Dust Cover: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Klipsch R-15PM powered bookshelf speakers deliver room-filling sound from a two-way driver design. Each speaker includes a 1" aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn and 5.25" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer. The tweeter and woofer are crossed over at 1800Hz.
- Tractrix Horn-Loaded Tweeter: Each speaker has a Tractrix horn-loaded 1" aluminum dome tweeter for a natural, lifelike sound. The square Tractrix horn delivers a 90° x 90° dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- Copper Spun IMG Woofer: Each loudspeaker uses a copper spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) 5.25" woofer for accurate midrange and midbass performance.
Built-in Amplification: The Klipsch R-15PM's "Right Speaker" employs a built-in, ultra-low noise 50 watt x 2 channel amplifier to power both speakers in the system. The built-in amplifier has been custom deigned to maximize driver performance and eliminate the need for external amplification. The "Right Speaker" and "Left Speaker" are fitted with binding-post speaker terminals on the back of the cabinet and come with 16' of speaker wire (18AGW) to connect the speakers together.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-15PM employs a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The ported enclosure features a MDF cabinet finished with a brushed black polymer veneer. The rigid MDF cabinet utilizes internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound. No grilles come with these speakers.
- Dimensions: Width 7", Height 12.5" Depth 9.875"
- Weight: 10.3 pounds
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Klipsch R-15PM active loudspeakers feature built-in Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP technology which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, or Mac computer/laptop. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device and control basic playback from the included remote control. Advanced playback control and song/artist information will still be done from your Bluetooth device. Once paired, the R-15PM will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Klipsch R-15PM.
USB-B Input: The "Right Speaker" of the Klipsch R-15PM features a rear-panel USB (type-B) input for connecting your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop. Through the R-15PM's USB connection, you are able to play music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz) stored on your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop through the powered speaker system.
Optical Digital Input: The Klipsch R-15PM is fitted with an optical (toslink) digital input on the back of the "Right Speaker" for connection to a digital audio device like your TV, Blu-ray, or CD player. The speaker's optical digital input will accept 2ch stereo PCM only (up to 24-bit/96kHz).
Dual Analog Inputs w/ Phono Switch: The Klipsch R-15PM is equipped with two analog audio inputs on back of the "Right Speaker"; there is one stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting a portable audio device with a headphone jack and one stereo RCA input for connecting an analog audio component. The stereo RCA input has a Phono switch which allows you to connect a turntable, so you can enjoy your vinyl record collection.
Sub Out: The Klipsch R-15PM features a mono-sub RCA output on the back of the "Right Speaker" that allows you to connect a powered subwoofer for added bass response. Your powered sub should have its own low-pass crossover.
IR Remote: The Klipsch R-15PM includes an IR wireless remote control for wireless operation of the powered speaker, plus control of your Bluetooth paired devices. The remote offers easy access to system features such as dedicated source selection, volume up/down, play/pause, and previous/next track. Make sure to point the IR remote at the IR sensor on the "Right Speaker".
AC Power: The Klipsch R-15PM's "Right Speaker" which is equipped with the built-in amplifier must be plugged into an AC power outlet using the included 68" detachable AC power cord.