About the Peachtree Decco Integrated Amplifier + ds4.5 Speakers
Enjoy audiophile sound with this winning combination from Peachtree Audio. It pairs the versatile Decco integrated amplifier with the matching ds4.5 loudspeakers. These beautifully crafted components offer superb sonic performance and unusually clean, elegant looks. Together, they make a great high-end digital audio system for your office, den, or dorm.
Hybrid vacuum tube/solid state amplifier design
The Decco hybrid integrated amplifier teams a vacuum tube preamp stage with a high-current, solid-state power amplifier. The tube preamp lends smoothness and warmth to your music's high- and mid-range frequencies, while solid-state amplification delivers tight, punchy bass you'll get the best of both sonic worlds. Plus, the Decco's high-quality digital-to-analog converter lets you take digital audio directly from your CD player, computer hard drive, music server, or a wireless streamer, and play it back with superior fidelity. The Decco also makes an ideal companion to the Wadia 170iTransport for getting better sound from your iPod.
Small speakers, big sound
The ds4.5 speaker's long-throw 4" woofer delivers amazing bass performance that belies its compact size. And you can engage the amplifier's bass boost switch to enhance their low-end output even more. The soft dome tweeter produces silky, extended highs that bring out the details in your music. A real wood veneer cabinet makes these speakers look as classy as they sound.
- 1" horn-loaded soft dome tweeter
- 4" long excursion polypropylene woofer
- frequency response 65-20,000 Hz
- recommended power: 30-150 watts
- impedance: 6 ohms
- heavy-duty binding post connectors
- real wood veneer
- 5"W x 8-1/2"H x 8-1/4"D
- weight: 5.3 lbs (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- speaker wire not included
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms at 0.01% THD
- 68 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms
- hybrid vacuum tube/solid-state design
- vacuum tube preamp stage (uses a single dual-triode input tube)
- high-current class A/B solid state power amp
- built-in 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with no oversampling or digital filter
- decodes MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, PCM, and Apple lossless
- high-capacity toroidal power transformer
- digital audio inputs: 1 USB (Type B), 1 optical (Toslink), and 1 coaxial (S/PDIF)
- 2 pair RCA analog audio inputs
- 1 pair RCA audio preamp outputs for connecting a powered subwoofer or outboard power amplifier
- headphone output (full-size 1/4" jack)
- bass EQ switch with +6dB boost at 50Hz
- heavy-duty binding-post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- spare 6H23N vacuum tube included
- remote control
- weight: 22 lbs.
- 14-13/16"W x 4-13/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year on amp, 6 months on tube
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Decco + ds4.5 speake
What's in the box:
- The Peachtree Audio package contains two separately-packaged items: the Decco 2-channel amplifier and a pair of DS4.5 speakers.
- The Decco amplifier box contains:
- Rosewood 2-Channel hybrid tube integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- IR wireless remote control with installed CR2025 Lithium 3V battery
- Replacement tube
- Owner's Manual
- Useful Tips
- The DS4.5 speaker box contains:
- 2 Rosewood bookshelf speakers
- Black cloth grille (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Peachtree Decco Integrated Amplifier + ds4.5 Speakers
Overview: The Peachtree Audio Decco amplifier/speaker package includes an audiophile-grade, 50 watt x two-channel, hybrid tube integrated amplifier, and a pair of DS4.5 bookshelf speakers.
Two-Channel Amplifier With Tube Preamp Section: The Peachtree Audio Decco is equipped with a tube preamp section and a 50 watt x 2-channel, 8-ohm high current A/B amplifier. The amplifier is rated at 68 watts x 2-channel at 4-ohms. The audio signal travels through a tube preamp section which smoothes the sound significantly before it is sent to the high-current amplifier section.
High-Quality D/A Converter: The Decco includes a high-quality D/A converter to accept the digital signal directly from your computer, Squeezebox, Apple TV, Wadia digital iTransport, Airport, Sonos, XM or Sirius tuner for better sound. The signal is then routed through the tube preamp, smoothing out harsh digital artifacts and then passing through a high current amplifier allowing you to enjoy your music as a true high-end audio source.
USB Connection: Using the Decco, you can take a pure digital audio signal from iTunes, Windows Media, Front Row, or any other music management system on your computer before it goes through a sound card. Just hook up a USB 2.0 cable between your computer and the Decco's USB Type-B port--no other sound card is required. The Decco can decode the following audio formats - MP3, MP44, flac, AFF, wav, and Apple lossless.
Controls: The Peachtree Audio Decco features the following controls. All controls, except the Bass EQ and Voltage Switch, are found on the front-panel of the Decco.
- On/Off/Standby: Once you turn on the Decco manually by pressing this button, it will go into standby mode when you turn if off from the remote. The Decco has a 15-20 second turn-on delay for protection. It operates both from the Off or the Standby positions.
- USB Selector: The USB Selector button selects the USB input of the Decco.
- Digital Coaxial and Optical Selectors: The Decco features an Optical Digital Button and Coaxial Digital button to select between your external digital input sources.
- Aux 1 and Aux 2 Selectors: The unit features and Aux 1 and Aux 2 button to select between your connected analog sources.
- Volume Control: The Decco features a rotary volume control. The volume control is motorized from your remote control and has an LED to allow the user to see levels from a distance. When the volume is muted, the LED will blink as an indicator.
- Bass EQ: The two-channel amplifier features a Bass EQ which boosts your systems bass +6dB at 50Hz. This feature helps small speakers sound much larger. This function should not activated if the volume is already at a loud volume level.
- Voltage Switching: The Decco features a multi-voltage, switchable toridal power transformer. For international use, the Decco allows you to switch its voltage.
Remote Control: The Decco comes supplied with an IR remote control which is easy to use. The remote control offers the same functions as the Decco's front-panel controls, plus adds a mute button. The remote is powered by a single CR2025 Lithium 3V battery (already installed). The remote control IR sensor is located in the center of the Decco's front-panel.
Connections: The Peachtree Audio Decco features the following connections. All connections, except for the headphone output are found on the rear-panel of the Decco.
- Aux 1 and Aux 2: The Auxiliary 1 and Auxiliary 2 inputs each contain a pair of analog line-level RCA stereo inputs for connection to your CD player, Tape player, MD player, or portable digital music player.
- Digital Audio Inputs: The Decco is equipped with an optical and a coaxial digital input for connecting external digital audio sources such as a CD or DVD player.
- USB Input: The unit's USB Type-B connection will take digital audio content off your computer and send it to the internal DAC of the Decco via I2S configuration. The LED next to the USB connection will remain lit when the signal from your computer is locked.
- Pre-Out: The stereo RCA preamp output connections will allows you to use an external amplifier with the Decco. You can also connect a powered subwoofer, if desired.
- Speaker Terminals: The unit's binding-post speaker terminals are clearly marked for proper polarity. The amplifier's speaker terminals will accommodate dual banana plugs.
- AC Input: A three-prong detachable power cord is included with the Decco.
- Headphone Output: The Peachtree Audio Decco has a front-panel, 1/4" headphone input which mutes the speakers when headphones are plugged in.
Storage Bay With Terminal Window: The Decco features an internal storage bay so you can store a digital audio wireless device, such as the Sonos ZP80, inside the unit. The internal bay is accessed from the rear of the unit by removing four Phillips-head screws. The storage bay also features a terminal window which allows you to seal off your digital audio wireless device but still have access to its terminals. The terminal window can be detached from the storage bay door by removing two Phillips-head screws.
Tube Window: The Decco features a tube window which allows you to view the glow of the unit's tube.
Additional Tube: The Decco comes with an additional user-replaceable tube.
Warranty: The Decco amplifier is covered by a 1 year parts and labor warranty. The tube has a 6-month warranty.
Overview: The Peachtree Audio DS4.5 loudspeaker utilizes the latest technologies in speaker design and manufacturing. All of the drivers are of proprietary design for clean, accurate sound.
Construction: The MDF (medium-density fiberboard) cabinet is covered with real wood veneers. The speaker comes with a removable black cloth grille.
Drivers: The DS4.5 has a 4" long excursion, polypropylene woofer and a 1" horn-loaded soft dome tweeter.
Dimensions: Terminals: The DS4.5 is equipped with large binding post terminals. The terminals will accept bare wire, spade lugs, pin connectors, and banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart to accept dual banana plugs.
Warranty: The speakers are covered by a 5-year parts and labor warranty.
Specifications: The speaker features the following specifications:
- Frequency Response: 65-20kHz
- Power Range: 30-150 watts
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
Dimensions: Here are the dimensions of the amplifier and speakers:
- Decco Amplifier: Width=14.8125", Height=4.8125", Depth=14.25"
- DS4.5 Speakers: Width=4.958", Height=8.438", Depth=7.164" (8.237" including terminals), Weight=5.3 pounds