About the Harman Kardon Enchant 800 Sound Bar/Subwoofer Bundle
Big sound from a slim bar
Big sound from a slim bar
Do you want rich TV sound without sacrificing your style or your living room real estate? Harman Kardon designed the Enchant 800 with you in mind. Its sleek cabinet houses eight cleverly angled drivers — including a pair of side-firing tweeters. These tweeters are horn-loaded for higher efficiency and greater control of the sound dispersion.
The bundled Enchant sub adds extra oomph to movies, shows, and music. (Just remember, it needs AC power.)
The Enchant 800 can also decode 5.1 Dolby® Digital and DTS® signals. The bar then uses its precisely placed speaker array — along with Harman Kardon's MultiBeam™ sound processing — to re-create spacious effects using a combination of direct and reflected sound.
Stylish, wireless bass
The Enchant 800 is bundled here with Harman Kardon's matching subwoofer for deep bass. The sub's 10” woofer will add that extra oomph to your movies, shows, and music.
The subwoofer's streamlined exterior conceals an ultra-low resonance enclosure designed to give you clearer bass with less distortion. Plus it's wireless — so you can park it in the most convenient and best-sounding spot. Just remember that it needs AC power.
Adjusted for your room
I know from experience that these sound reflections don't always work in an open and asymmetrical room. Fortunately, the bar can adjust its sound settings to compensate for less-than-ideal rooms with Automatic MultiBeam Calibration (AMC). You don't even need to hook up a microphone because it's built in to the bar.
Simple, yet powerful remote control
I always appreciate a well-designed remote control. This one offers independent bass control, audio sync adjustment, and a room calibration button. You can also program the remote with up to six audio presets of your own with saved volume, bass, and sound mode settings.
Easy wireless streaming
Whether you want to stream your favorite Spotify® playlist, shuffle all your Pandora® stations, or listen to your downloaded podcasts, this sound bar has you covered with both Chromecast and Bluetooth® capabilities built in.
- bundle includes Enchant 800 sound bar and matching wireless subwoofer
- six 2" woofers and two 1" tweeters
- 90 watts of amplification
- frequency response: 76-20,000 Hz
- Dolby Digital and DTS decoding
- MultiBeam sound processing re-creates spacious effects using a combination of direct and reflected sound
- Automatic MultiBeam Calibration uses the bar's built-in microphone to adjust the sound settings to suit your room
- built-in Bluetooth for streaming audio content from your mobile device
- Chromecast built-in for streaming your favorite music over Wi-Fi®
- add voice control with a Google Home device (sold separately)
- 1 HDMI/ARC port (cable included)
- 1 HDMI input for connecting a game console or Blu-ray player
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 3.5mm aux input (cable included)
- USB input
- save your favorite audio settings as a preset on the remote control
- optional wireless subwoofer sold separately
- wall mount brackets included
- 10" woofer
- compact, low-resonance ported enclosure
- frequency response: 35-160 Hz
- connects wirelessly for flexible placement
- built-in amplifier
- connects to AC outlet for power
Dimensions & warranty:
- sound bar dimensions: 33-7/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 4-15/16"D
- subwoofer dimensions: 11-5/8"W x 15-11/16"H x 11-5/8"D
- sound bar weight: 8.5 lbs.
- subwoofer weight: 32.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the Enchant 800 soundbar and Enchant Subwoofer
- The Enchant 800 box includes:
- Active sound bar speaker
- 5' AC power cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4' HDMI cable
- 47" Optical digital cable
- 4' Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 2 Speaker brackets
- 2 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
- The Enchant Subwoofer box includes:
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- 5' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Harman Kardon Enchant 800 Sound Bar/Subwoofer Bundle
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||5.1|
|Virtual Surround||MultiBeam Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||1" Dome (2)|
|Woofer||2" Cone (6)|
|Subwoofer Driver||10" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||35-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||90|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||200|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Voice Control||Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n/ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-5/8H x33-7/8W x 4-15/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||8.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||15-11/16H x 11-5/8W x 11-5/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||32.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Harman/Kardon Enchant 800 active sound bar speaker features dedicated Front L/R, Center, and Surround L/R channels for immersive surround sound from a single speaker system. Each Front channel and the Center channel consist of two 2" full-range drivers for a total of six drivers that are uniquely angled across the front of the sound bar speaker. Each Surround channel consists of a uniquely angled side-firing 1" dome tweeter. These angled Front and Center drivers, along with side-firing Surround tweeters, and rear-firing bass port enable an immersive surround experience with deep, rich, full-range sound for movie and music soundtracks.
MultiBeam Surround Sound: Harman Kardon's proprietary MultiBeam technology delivers a full surround sound effect for your movies, TV shows, and games without the need for extra speakers and wires. It utilizes digital signal processing (DSP), which allows the sound bar to provide a surround sound experience without additional speakers. The DSP, in conjunction with side-firing transducers, forms a sharp decoded audio pattern, beaming sound off the walls on all sides of the room to create an exciting, immersive surround sound experience.
Automatic MultiBeam Calibration (AMC): Automatic MultiBeam Calibration (AMC) will optimize the sound bar sound settings for a better surround sound experience. The Enchant 800 sound will automatically adjust to the unique dimensions of the room using a proprietary algorithm and the sound bar's built-in drivers (no external wired microphone required). The total calibration will last less than 60 seconds.
Dolby Digital and DTS Decoding: The Enchant 800 offers 5.1ch Dolby Digital and DTS decoding through its HDMI jacks, optical digital input, and 8-channel amplifier.
Sound Modes and Presets: Choose between six Sound Mode Presets - Standard, Music, Movie, Voice, Personal, and Night. The Voice mode enhances dialog with a minimal MultiBeam Surround Sound effect. Personal mode lets you increase or decrease the bass response of the MultiBeam Surround Sound effect. Night Mode reduces the sound bar's dynamic range of Dolby Digital/DTS soundtracks for late-night listening. You can store up to six Audio Presets with saved Volume, Bass, and Sound Mode settings.
Audio Sync: The Audio Sync function lets you decrease or increase the audio sync delay if the video and audio synchronization is not correct.
HDMI 2.0a Connectivity:The sound bar is equipped with one HDMI input and one HDMI ARC output. Both the HDMI input and output support the HDMI 2.0a specification with ultra high-definition 4K video pass-through, HDCP 2.2 compatibility, HDR (High Dynamic Range), ARC, and Dolby Digital/DTS (up to 5.1ch).
- 4K Pass-Through: The H/K sound bar lets you maintain 4K quality from source to screen by allowing 4K video to "pass through" and be displayed on a 4K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you the pure 4K experience makes this sound bar the perfect partner for 4K-capable TVs and Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signal are also supported.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the sound bar's HDMI jacks. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range Video): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast and wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. The sound bar supports HDR10, the most popular HDR format (not compatible with Dolby Vision or HLG).
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the sound bar speaker system's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the sound bar speaker through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: The ARC-enabled HDMI input of many televisions only sends an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Digital and Analog Audio Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Enchant 800 sound bar features a optical (toslink) digital input and a stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input. The optical digital input will support 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital/DTS (up to 5.1ch).
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
USB-A 2.0 Port: The H/K Enchant 800 features a USB (type-A) 2.0 port for connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. You'll be able to playback a variety of compressed and high-resolution music files stored on a USB MSC device (formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32) through the H/K sound bar speaker. You'll also get basic playback control (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat) from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album info display are not supported. The USB port can also be used to charge (5V/1A) your connected device. Compatible music files include -
|Audio Format||Sample Rate||Bit-Rate or Bit-Depth|
|MP3||8kHz to 48kHz||8kbps to 320kps|
|AAC||8kHz to 96kHz||up to 576kbps|
|OGG||8kHz to 48kHz||up to 576kbps|
|WAV (PCM)||44.1kHz to 192kHz||16 or 24-bit|
|FLAC||8kHz to 192kHz||16 or 24-bit|
Note: The USB port does not support Apple iOS or Android OS device playback.
Remote Control: The sound bar includes an IR remote for wireless control of the speaker, as well as basic playback control of Chromecast, Bluetooth, and USB audio devices. The system also supports "System Standby" and "One Touch Play" HDMI CEC commands. Additionally, the Enchant 800 can respond to "Volume Up/Down" and "Mute" commands from most Samsung, Sony, LG, and Vizio TV remote controls automatically (no programming required). If your TV's remote does not control the sound bar automatically, you can program the Enchant 800 to respond your TV remote's "Volume Up/Down" and "Mute" commands.
Mounting Options: The sound bar can be placed on a table-top or wall mounted. The integrated rubber feet provide safe placement on a flat surface below your TV, while the included brackets allow you to wall-mount the sound bar speaker below your television. When positioning the Enchant 800, remove any interference from both sides of the sound bar so the side-firing speakers can operate correctly and reflect sound in your room (blocking the side-firing tweeters will affect acoustic performance).
AC Power with Auto Standby/Wake: The sound bar has a detachable AC power cord which plugs into the back of the speaker and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The sound bar automatically switches to standby after 10 minutes of no audio/video signal and operation. The sound bar will automatically power back on again if it receives an audio signal from the last detected connection.
WiFi Certified: To enjoy Chromecast built-in music apps, you will need to connect the Enchant 800 to your wireless home network. The sound bar is equipped with dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) for a high-performance wireless network connection. The sound bar is not equipped with an Ethernet jack for a wired network connection.
Google Home App: Use the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.+ and Android OS 4.4+) to connect the Harman/Kardon Enchant 800 sound bar speaker to your home's wireless WiFi network, as well as setup Chromecast built-in from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You can also configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust other various settings.
Chromecast Audio Built-In: Thanks to Chromecast built-in you have access to 300 online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Enchant 800 speaker. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the Enchant 800 speaker.
- Music, Radio, and Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the Enchant 800 speaker. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: The Enchant 800 delivers multiroom audio capability by adding additional Chromecast built-in speakers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
Optional Google Assistant: Use a Google Home device with Google Assistant (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to access Chromecast built-in music apps and other functions using only your voice. In addition to controlling Chromecast built-in music apps, use you'll be able to use your voice to control Google Home compatible smart home products like lights, cameras, thermostats, locks, and more. You can even use the Google Assistant to get weather updates, new reports, sports scores, calendar dates and more. The Google Assistant has the ability to recognize up to six different users. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
- Online Music Services: Use your Google Home device with Google Assistant to access Chromecast built-in music apps with only your voice. Select a specific station or song to wirelessly stream to the Enchant 800 speaker, using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, and Volume. You can also use the Google Assistant to control Chromecast built-in multiroom audio setups.
- Smart Home Automation: The Enchant 800 with Google Assistant lets you control devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- News, Weather and Sports: With Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
- Manage Tasks and Plan Your Day: Ask the Enchant 800 with Google Assistant about your day and hear the information you need without going online or opening your Google Calendar. Also, use voice commands to set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Get Answers: Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more.
Note: The Enchant 800 sound bar is not equipped with built-in microphones and requires a separate Google Home device with built-in Google Assistant (sold separately) to use voice control. Click here for Google Home's FAQ site.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: In addition to Chromecast built-in, the Enchant 800 also offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You can stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the sound bar speaker. You'll also be able to operate Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from the sound bar's remote control. Multiple devices can be paired with the speaker, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the unit will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The Enchant 800 does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication (HFP) for making or answering phone calls.
Automatic Firmware Updates: Automatic firmware updates will be handled through the Google Home app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) over a WiFi network connection.
Wireless Connectivity: The Enchant Subwoofer utilizes 2.4GHz RF to wirelessly connect to the Enchant 800 sound bar. It has a wireless range of approximately 30'. Simply press the "Subwoofer Pairing" button on the sound bar or "Pairing" button on the subwoofer to enter pairing mode and sync the sound bar and subwoofer together.
10" Woofer w/ 200W Amplifier: The subwoofer houses a 10" woofer in a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port. It is powered by a built-in 200 watt (RMS) amplifier for dynamic bass output.
Placement Options: Because the sub is wireless and has a range of approximately 30', it can be placed almost anywhere in the room. Placing the wireless powered subwoofer on the same wall as the sound bar will provide the best overall performance. Putting the sub in a corner will produce the most bass output.
AC Power: The Enchant Subwoofer comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into the back of the powered sub and an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The sound bar will power on and off with the sound bar.
1 question already asked