About the Electro-Voice Gym Sound System Bundle
Work out in style with this Electro-Voice gym sound system
Work out in style with this Electro-Voice gym sound system
These days, a workout space can be anything: a CrossFit® space in a garage, a Barre studio, or a boutique gym. You might need meditative music for focused yoga in one class, then high-energy rock that helps your clients push through five more reps in the next. Whatever your needs may be, this gym sound system bundle offers everything you need to fill your workout space with inspiring tunes.
It's cost-effective, easy to set up, and supported for life by our tech specialists. We've made it our business to understand what your business needs. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Lots of good, clean power
The Yamaha PX3 amplifier is the heart of your system. Whether it's the roar of an electric guitar or the trill of a flute, your music needs power for faithful reproduction and volume. This versatile amp is perfectly matched to the speakers we included in the bundle, and it can even deliver a little extra juice in Power Boost Mode.
The four included Electro-Voice EVID S8.2T speakers deliver plenty of "oomph" for workout spaces large or small. Each pair handles a clean 90 watts of continuous program power, so you can maintain a steady, clearly audible level of music for your hard-working customers. Each speaker has an 8" woofer for great bass response and solid mids, and a 1" tweeter for clear, accurate highs. They're also weather-resistant, so they'll work well at a swimming pool or in a hot yoga studio.
The included Shure SCM262 mixer has plenty of inputs, so you can use your own music sources.
Connect and control your music sources
We've included a Shure SCM262 mixer which lets you connect just about any music source you can think of. Hook up a microphone to one of its mic inputs, and your trainers can be heard loud and clear as they lead classes. Each source has a dedicated volume control, so you can tailor the mix to individual preferences throughout the day.
Power protection and wiring included
The Furman SS-6B surge protector is more than just a "power strip." Sure, it lets you plug in all of your equipment in one place, but it also features protective circuitry that keeps your system from being damaged if the building's power supply fluctuates unexpectedly — think dimming, flickering, and power loss during thunderstorms. We've also thrown in all of the connecting cables and wires you'll need, so you can be up and running in no time.
The music source
Ask your Crutchfield Advisor about options for a music source. Our customers can get three months of free licensed music via our partnership with Rockbot. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact all performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get a free system design
- powerful, easy-to-use sound system lets you incorporate your own music into a workout space
Yamaha PX3 Amplifier:
- 2-channel power amplifier
- provides up to 1000 watts of stereo power
- 18-15/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 15-5/8"D
- weight: 15.21 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
EVID S8.2T Speakers (2 pairs):
- 8" woofer and 1" tweeter
- each handles up to 90 watts continuous program power
- weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- wall mounting hardware included
- paintable powder-coated aluminum grille
- 10-15/16"W x 16-15/16"H x 9-7/16"D
- weight: 18.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- 3 line-level stereo inputs and 2 mic inputs
- lets you combine music sources with instructor microphone (not included)
- individual volume control for each source
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Power and Wiring:
- all necessary wiring included
- Furman SS-6B features 6 AC outlets and protects your valuable equipment
- Hosa balanced 1/4" TRS male to XLR male cable x 2 connects mixer to amp
- Hosa minijack-to-RCA cable lets you use your smartphone as a source
- two 100-foot spools of Crutchfield 14-gauge speaker wire
What's in the box:
- The Electro-Voice Gym Bundle includes two pairs of E-V loudspeakers along with a Shure stereo mixer and a Yamaha power amplifier. Also included in the bundle are a Furman surge protector - Hosa cables and adapters - and two rolls of Crutchfield in-wall speaker wire (all individually packaged).
- Each E-V EVID S8.2T speaker box includes:
- 2 Speakers w/attached brackets
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Dust covers
- 2 Flush input covers
- Two 4-pin Euroblock connectors (installed on speakers)
- 2 Spare grill logos
- 5 mm Allen wrench
- Two M5 x 15 mm machine screws
- Eight M3 x 10 mm machine screws
- 2 Safety screw caps
- 2 Locking-bolt covers
- Installation manual
- The Shure mixer box includes:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
- The Yamaha PX3 stereo amplifier box includes:
- Power amplifier (rack-ears installed)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- AC plug clamp
- USB cap
- Owner's Manual Technical Specifications
- "Notice" sheet
- The Furman SS-6B surge suppressor box includes:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- Each Hosa adapter package includes:
- 5' Balanced male 1/4" TRS to XLR3M interconnect cable
- The Hosa stereo breakout adapter package includes:
- 6' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- Each Crutchfield speaker wire package includes:
- 100' Spool of 14-gauge/2-conductor in-wall speaker wire (white jacket)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Electro-Voice Gym Sound System Bundle
Overview: The Electro-Voice Gym Bundle includes the following items:
- (2 pairs) Electro-Voice EVID S8.2T speakers
- Yamaha PX3 stereo amplifier
- Shure SCM262 stereo mixer
- Furman SS-6B power strip surge suppressor
- Hosa 3.5mm-to-Dual RCA cable (6')
- Two Hosa 1/4"-to-XLR cables (5')
- Crutchfield in-wall speaker wire (two 100' rolls)
Warranty Information: The items in the E-V Gym Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Electro-Voice: 3 Years
- Yamaha: 3 Years
- Shure: 1 Year
- Furman: 1 Year
- Hosa: Lifetime
- Crutchfield: 1 Year
Overview: The EVID-S8.2T is a high performance, two-way, 70/100 volt speaker designed for background or foreground music in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications such as restaurants, bars, patios, fitness clubs and many others. Its flexible mounting system allows it to be wall or ceiling mounted and EV's unique through-bracket wiring keeps all wires hidden for a clean looking install. Incorporating a 30 watt transformer, the EVID-S8.2T can be used with either 70 or 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass for a low impedance connection.
Construction: Housed in a fire-rated ABS plastic enclosure along with a powder-coated mesh grill, the EVID-S8.2T offers exceptional weather resistance and carries an IP54 rating, making it ideal for outdoor environments. The built-in mounting bracket houses the wiring from the wall-plate into the speaker so no wires will be visible. In-wall speaker wires attach to brass terminals on the back of the wall-plate that then slide into terminals on the speaker bracket, making it easy to quickly mount and un-mount the speaker. A 4-pin Euroblock connector is also provided as an optional wiring method if not using the bracket's wiring. The mounting system allows for 90 degrees of vertical and 45 degrees of horizontal rotation.
70/100 Volt: The EVID-S8.2T includes a 60 watt transformer for use with either 70 or 100 volt amplifiers. A rotary tap dial on the back of each speaker allows selections of 7.5, 15, 30, or 60 watts for 70 volt systems and 15, 30, and 60 watts for 100 volt amps. The tap dial also includes an 8 Ω bypass setting for a low impedance connection. A Phillips head "protection" screw comes installed on each speaker preventing the tap dial from accidentally being moved to the 8 Ω setting, but can easily be removed if doing an 8 Ω connection.
- Power Handling: 90 W Continuous/360 W Peak
- Input Transformer (70 V / 100 V): 60 W
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (-10): 50 Hz -20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Max SPL: 110 dB (116 dB peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω
- Low Frequency Transducer: 8 in.
- High Frequency Transducer: 1 in.
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 7.5 W, 15 W, 30 W, 60 W, 8 Ω
- 100 V: 15 W, 30 W, 60 W, 8 Ω
- Outdoor Rating: IP54
- Net Weight: 12.8 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width 9.750", Height 15.250", Depth 10.50" (12.50" with bracket)
Powerful, Efficient Design: The Yamaha PX3 is driven by a newly developed Class-D amplifier engine that concentrates all the necessary functions into a single custom LSI chip, and uses PLL technology to control transfer characteristics in real time, achieving impressive sound quality and power. This new single-chip architecture offers higher output and improved performance in a more lightweight, yet reliable design. A combination of cutting-edge technology and an exhaustive component selection process make the PX3 a supremely efficient amplifier with low noise, reliable protection features, and above all, outstanding sound quality.
Stereo & Bridged Modes: The PX3 power amplifier can be configured for a Stereo or Bridged (Power Boost) application. Bridged or Power Boost Mode combines the power output from two channels into one, achieving significantly higher single-channel power levels to drive high power handling speakers when needed (note that the number of channels available is cut in half in this case).
- Stereo Mode:
- 8Ω: 300 watts x 2 channels
- 4Ω: 500 watts x 2 channels
- 2Ω: 300 watts x 2 channels
- Bridged (Power Boost) Mode:
- 8Ω: 600 watts x 1 channel
- 4Ω: 1000 watts x 1 channel
Flexible Connectivity: Equipped with both XLR and TRS inputs, as well as binding post, SpeakON and phone outputs, the PX Series amplifier offers the flexibility needed for a variety of setups and environments.
- Analog Inputs: Analog inputs include two XLR-3-31 terminals and two 1/4" Phone (TRS) jacks.
- Speaker Outputs: Speaker outputs include two Neutrik speakON NL4 connectors, two pair of binding posts terminals, and two 1/4" Phone (TS) jacks.
Routing: Select the route of the input signal by selecting Dual, Parallel, Single or Sum.
- Dual: Sends the input signal from channel A to speaker A, and sends the input signal from channel B to speaker B.
- Parallel: Sends the input signal from channel A to both speaker A & B outputs.
- Single: Sends only the input signal from channel A to the speaker A or B output (not both).
- Sum: Mixes and sends the input signals from channel A and channel B to speakers A & B outputs.
Two Mode Setup: To accommodate users with varying levels of sound reinforcement experience, the PX series amplifier offers both Basic and Advanced setup modes.
- Basic Mode: Basic mode allows even inexperienced users to easily configure a system that meets their needs.
- Advanced Mode: Advanced mode offers experienced users more precise control over every aspect of their sound.
8 Programmable Presets: The PX3 features eight programmable presets for instant recall and reduced setup time that can be saved to a USB thumb drive and shared with other PX amplifiers.
Smart Configuration Wizard: The Config Wizard allows you to save even more time during system setup by assigning optimized speaker settings that match your system configuration- simply select the appropriate filter and crossover for each speaker, and Config Wizard will do the rest.
Preset Speakers: The Config Wizard also features presets specifically tuned for each model in Yamaha's extensive lineup of passive speakers, including the popular CBR, Club, Installation, and VXS/VXC series.
- Full-Range: A10, A12, A12M, A15, CBR10, CBR12, CBR15, Club112V, Club115V, Club215V, ClubM10V, IF211264, IF211295, IF211299, IF2112AS, IF2112M64, IF2112M95, IF2112M99, IF211564, IF211595, IF211599, IF2115AS, IF2115M64, IF2115M95, IF2115M99, IF2108, IF2205, IF2208, NSAW392, NSAW592, NSAW992, R12M, R15M, R112, R115, R215, VS4, VS6, VXC4, VXC6, VXC8, VXS5, VXS8
- Subwoofer: A15W, ClubSW115V, ClubSW118V, ClubSW218V, IS1112, IS1118, IS1215, IS1218, R118W, VXS10S
- Bi-Amp: IF211264, IF211295, IF211299, IF2112AS, IF2112M64, IF2112M95, IF2112M99, IF211564, IF211595, IF211599, IF2115AS, IF2115M64, IF2115M95, IF2115M99, IF311564, IF311595, IH200064, IH200095
Sophisticated Signal Processing: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier comes with flexible onboard crossover, filters, delay, polarity, level, and limiter functions; allowing quick and easy system setup via the LCD screen, without the need for any additional outboard gear.
- High Pass Filter: Sets the crossover's high pass filter frequency (20-20kHz) of channel A and channel B.
- Low Pass Filter: Sets the crossover's low pass filter frequency (20-20kHz) of channel A and channel B.
- Polarity: Sets the polarity (Normal/Inverted) in order to avoid volume problems due to phase interference between speakers.
- Delay (Advanced mode only): Sets the delay time to compensate the distance between speakers. Sets by time (0-74 milliseconds) or by distance (0-83.4 feet / 0-25.4 meters).
- Level (Advanced mode only): Sets the output level (-10 to +10dB) to balance the output levels of channels.
- Limiter (Advanced mode only): For changing the settings of the limiter (10-1500W) depending on the speaker specifications, in order to protect the speaker.
Note: You can link the parameter settings of channels A and B, as well as copy parameters between channels.
D-CONTOUR Processing: The PX3 also features Yamaha's intelligent D-CONTOUR multi-band dynamic processing, allowing you to achieve consistent clarity and high-quality sound at any output level by tailoring the frequency response of each connected speaker for either front-of-house or monitor configurations.
Utilities: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier makes it fast and easy to configure panel settings, monitor amplifier status, and transfer data via USB, plus features a panel locking function to keep your settings safe. You can even export information such as internal device and log data to USB for rapid troubleshooting should difficulties arise.
LCD Screen: The PX3 amplifier is equipped with a front-panel LCD screen for display of audio settings and adjustments. For the protection of the LCD screen, the display automatically turns off it the PX amplifier has not been operated for 20 minutes. To turn-on the display again, simply press any key on the front-panel or rotate the main knob.
Durable Construction: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier has the durability to stand up to extended road-use thanks to the sturdy chassis and carrying handle design.
Rack Mounting: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier can be mounted in an EIA standard rack (2U size).
Power Requirements: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier operates off of standard household current (120V) using its built-in power supply and detachable AC power cord.
Dimensions: The Yamaha PX3 dimensions are: Width 18.9375", Height 3.5", Depth 15.625"
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
Left Output Mic/Line
Right Output Mic/Line
Mic 1 Ducking
Mic 2 Ducking
Stereo 3 Jukebox mute
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Crutchfield In-Wall Speaker Wire:
- Rating: CL3-rated for in-wall installation
- Gauge: 14 AWG
- Conductors: 2
- Wire Construction: Oxygen Free Copper
- Jacket: Flexible white jacket
- Width: 0.345"
- Height: 0.265"
- Length: 100' roll