About the Electro-Voice High Output Gym Sound System Bundle
Work out in style with this Electro-Voice gym sound system
Work out in style with this Electro-Voice gym sound system
These days, a workout space can be anything: a CrossFit® space in a garage, a Barre studio, or a boutique gym. You might need meditative music for focused yoga in one class, then high-energy rock that helps your clients push through five more reps in the next. Whatever your needs may be, this gym sound system bundle offers everything you need to fill your workout space with inspiring tunes.
It's cost-effective, easy to set up, and supported for life by our tech specialists. We've made it our business to understand what your business needs. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Powered speakers for convenient, clean, and compelling sound
The four included Electro-Voice ZLX-12P powered speakers deliver plenty of "oomph" for workout spaces large or small. Each compact speaker uses a built-in Class D amplifier that delivers up to 1000 watts to a 12" woofer and a 1.5" titanium high-frequency driver. The speaker's simple control panel gives you access to a world of sonic tools, including the onboard QuickSmart DSP for control over Mode, Location, Treble, Bass, and Sub settings. You can use these presets to optimize your speaker to a given setting quickly. A built-in limiter engages automatically to protect your equipment when the overall level exceeds a preset threshold.
The included Shure SCM262 mixer has plenty of inputs, so you can use your own music sources.
Connect and control your music sources
We've included a Shure SCM262 mixer which lets you connect just about any music source you can think of. Hook up a microphone to one of its mic inputs, and your trainers can be heard loud and clear as they lead classes. Each source has a dedicated volume control, so you can tailor the mix to individual preferences throughout the day. If you want to pair your phone to this system, you can plug this Bluetooth receiver (not included) into one of the mic channels on the Shure mixer and stream music without plugging in.
Keep your floors clear
The last thing you want is customers worrying about tripping over a speaker stand when they should be concentrating on their fitness goals. Gator Frameworks wall-mount speaker stands hold up to 100 pounds each so you can keep your speakers out of sight and out of mind. You can adjust each stand across a wide angle so you can aim your speakers for best results. For safety, each stand features an adjustable rubberized bar that holds the speaker from behind to keep the enclosure rock steady.
Power protection and wiring included
The Furman SS-6B surge protector is more than just a "power strip." Sure, it lets you plug in all of your equipment in one place, but it also features protective circuitry that keeps your system from being damaged if the building's power supply fluctuates unexpectedly — think dimming, flickering, and power loss during thunderstorms. We've also thrown in all of the connecting cables and wires you'll need, so you can be up and running in no time.
The music source
Ask your Crutchfield Advisor about options for a music source. Our customers can get three months of free licensed music via our partnership with Rockbot. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact all performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get a free system design
- powerful, easy-to-use sound system lets you incorporate your music into a workout space
Four Electro-Voice ZLX-12P Powered Speakers:
- 12" woofer and 1-1/2" titanium driver
- 1000-watt (peak) Class D amplifier
- biamped with built-in crossover
- QuickSmartDSP gives you control over Mode, Location, Treble, Bass, and Sub mode
- Link Output for connecting other powered speakers
- dimensions: 24"H x 12"W x 12"D
- weight: 34.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
Shure SCM262 Mixer:
- Three line-level stereo inputs and two mic inputs
- lets you combine music sources with instructor microphone (not included)
- individual volume control for each source
- dimensions: 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
Power and Wiring:
- all necessary wiring included
- two 50-foot RapcoHorizon cables (1/4" TRS male to XLR male) — connect mixer to speakers 1 and 2
- two 50-foot lengths Whirlwind Connect XLR cable — connect speakers 1 and 2 to speakers 3 and 4
- Hosa minijack-to-RCA cable lets you use your smartphone as a source
- Furman SS-6B features 6 AC outlets and protects your valuable equipment
Gator Frameworks Wall-mount Speaker Stands (2 pairs):
- support up to 100 lbs. each (mounting screws/hardware not included)
- compatible with pole-mounted speakers
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Electro-Voice High Output Gym System includes four E-V powered loudspeakers along with Gator Frameworks wall-mount brackets and a Shure stereo mixer. Also included in the bundle are a Furman surge protector - Hosa cable adapter - a 50-foot XLR cable and a 50-foot 1/4" to XLR cable (all individually packaged).
- Each E-V ZLX-12P speaker box includes:
- PA active loudspeaker
- AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
- The Shure mixer box includes:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
- Each Gator Frameworks wall-mount bracket box includes:
- 2 Wall-mount speaker brackets
- The Furman SS-6B surge suppressor box includes:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- The Hosa stereo breakout adapter package includes:
- 6' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- Each Whirlwind XLR cable package includes:
- 50' Mic cable (w/ a male XLR connector on one end and a female XLR connector on other end)
- Cable tie
- Each RapcoHorizon cable package includes:
- 50' balanced-line Lo-Z mic cable (terminated by a male 1/4" connector on one end and a male XLR connector on other end)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Electro-Voice High Output Gym Sound System Bundle
Overview: The Electro-Voice High Output Gym System includes the following items:
- Four Electro-Voice ZLX-12P powered PA speakers
- Shure SCM262 stereo mixer
- Furman SS-6B power strip surge suppressor
- 2 pairs Gator Frameworks wall-mount speaker brackets
- Hosa 3.5mm-to-Dual RCA cable (6')
- Two RapcoHorizon 1/4"-to-XLR cables (50')
- Two Whirlwind XLR cables (50')
Warranty Information: The items in the E-V High Output Gym System are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Electro-Voice: 5 Years
- Gator Frameworks: 3 Years
- Shure: 1 Year
- Furman: 1 Year
- Hosa: Lifetime
- RapcoHorizon: Lifetime
- Whirlwind: Lifetime
Powered PA Speaker: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P active PA speaker was designed to give you power and performance, making it an ideal choice for smaller-venue sound reinforcement or stage-monitoring.
Two-Way Driver Design w/ Patented Split-Baffle: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P powered PA speaker utilizes a two-way driver design with a 1.5" high-frequency compression driver and a 12" low-frequency woofer. The powered PA speaker's patented split-baffle design delivers superior driver time alignment.
Class-D Amplifier: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P employs a 250W RMS/1000W Peak Class-D amplifier for dynamic sound with low distortion.
DSP Controls w/ LCD: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P's powerful DSP engine is accessed by a clean 3-knob design and LCD screen, and offers precise control and configuration. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the LCD.
- Master Volume: The Master Volume knob controls the the powered speaker's overall volume level.
- Presets: Use the presets to optimize The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P according to your application (music, live, speech, club) and your location (pole mount, monitor, install) and hear the difference.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the system's Bass & Treble from -10 to +10 dB.
- Sub LPF: Sets the low-pass crossover frequency (80/100/120Hz) when connecting a powered subwoofer.
- Input Level: Level control for adjusting the individual input's sensitivity. Line & Mic input level control is available for both Input 1 & Input 2.
Inputs & Output: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P active PA speaker is fitted with two balanced TRS/XLR inputs, an unbalanced 3.5mm Aux input, and one balanced XLR output.
- Two Mic/Line Inputs: There are two balanced Mic/Line inputs for the connection of signal sources like mixing consoles, instruments or micorphones. Connections can be established using 1/4" TRS or XLR connectors.
- Aux Input: There is one stereo minijack (3.5mm) Aux input for connection external audio media devices, such as an MP3 player.
- Output: The XLR output connector sends the sum of all input signals to another speaker or subwoofer.
Rugged Cabinet: The active PA loudspeaker's cabinet features durable composite construction. Built-in carry handles make it easy to transport.
Mounting Options: The Electro-Voice ZLX series loudspeaker may be used as a floor monitor by placing the speaker on stable, level surface. It may also be tripod or pole mounted using an optional tripod stand or sub pole (both sold separately). It will accommodate 35mm (1-3/8") stands or poles.
LED Indicators: On the front-panel is an LED that indicates "power on" and "limit".
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 65 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 126 dB
- Coverage (H x V): 90° x 60°
- Power Rating: 250 watts RMS, 1000 watts peak
- Low Frequency: EVS-12K 12" woofer
- High Frequency: DH-1K
- Connectors: Two XLR/TRS Combo Jack, One 3.5mm input, One XLR Link Output
- Dimensions: Width 14", Height 24", Depth 14"
- Weight: 34.3 pounds
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
Left Output Mic/Line
Right Output Mic/Line
Mic 1 Ducking
Mic 2 Ducking
Stereo 3 Jukebox mute
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Speaker Wall Mount Brackets: The Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-WM100 wall-mount brackets are made of sturdy aluminum, and can handle speakers up to 100 pounds. They can be adjusted for different angles. The foam-padded speaker base plate adjusts from 5.5" to 10.5". The brackets have a 35mm (1.38") diameter speaker mount. The rubberized mounting surface protects your speaker from scratches. Dimensions: Minimum height 26", Minimum width 5.5", Maximum width 12", Weight 5 pounds.
RapcoHorizon BLC-50MS: The RapcoHorizon BLC-50MS is a 50-foot balanced cable that has hand-soldered metal 1/4" TRS and XLR Male connectors. The cable uses two 24-gauge copper conductors with a bare annealed copper serve shield. The outer jacket is made with a durable and flexible matte PVC compound.
- Outside Diameter: 0.23"
- Capacitance: 21 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Conductor-Shield Capacitance: 37 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Characteristic Impedance: 70Ω nominal
- DC Resistance: 23Ω / 1000'
Whirlwind Connect Series: The Whirlwind MIC50 microphone cable is part of the MIC series that offers great value. The cable has a black PVC jacket with polyethylene insulation, and is terminated with male and female XLR connectors. It comes with a hook-and-loop cable tie to keep them neat for storage. These imported cables are available in four lengths: 3', 10', 25', and 50'. This cable is 50' in length.