About the Klipsch Heritage Forte III
A fresh take on a classic Klipsch tower speaker
A fresh take on a classic Klipsch tower speaker
For over 30 years Klipsch has delighted music lovers with their popular line of Forte series floor-standing speakers. They've outfitted their latest generation, the Forte III, with key upgrades that provide even richer sound than its predecessors. Among them is a newly designed midrange driver that uses the same horn-loaded design as their award-winning tweeter.
The Klipsch Forte III features a massive rear-panel 15" passive radiator that reinforces the speaker's robust bass output.
Built to rock
The Forte III provides startlingly lifelike sound thanks to new titanium compression drivers in the midrange and tweeter sections. It's also impressively efficient, delivering terrific sound without needing a ton of power. A 12" woofer rounds out the low end with powerful, accurate bass.
Passive doesn't mean weak
On the back of the Forte III you'll find a hulking 15" passive radiator. This unpowered cone moves in tandem with the active 12" woofer to reinforce low-frequency notes. The result is tight, clean bass that fills large rooms with ease.
Proudly made in the USA
The Forte III is designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas. It's available in several attractive book-matched wood veneer finishes, which provide a "mirror" image of each other.
Each pair of Forte IIIs is sourced from the same piece of timber, with the speakers precisely arranged to provide an aesthetically pleasing mirror image at the splice.
Bi-amp or bi-wire for the best performance
Each speaker comes equipped with two pairs of speaker inputs for bi-amping or bi-wiring. Since they don't include any speaker wire, consider reading our article on choosing and installing speaker wire to find the best option for your system.
- matched pair of floor-standing speakers
- special edition ebony finish with silver luster grille cloth
- designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with passive radiator
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with horn-loaded design
- midrange: 1-3/4" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with horn-loaded design
- woofer: 12" fiber-composite cone
- 15" passive bass radiator reinforces low-frequency output
- book-matched real wood veneer finish
- veneer leaves for the left and right speakers are crafted from the same piece of timber
- they're precisely arranged to provide an aesthetically pleasing "mirror" image at the splice
- includes removable cloth grille
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts allow bi-amping or and bi-wiring
- 16-1/2"W x 36"H x 13"D (each)
- weight: 72 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- 2 Floorstanding loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Owner's Manual
- "Congratulations" letter
- Klipsch brochure
Klipsch Heritage Forte III reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Heritage Forte III
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||1.75|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Woofer Composition||Fiber-composite cone|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||38-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
The Forte III: First introduced in 1985, the Forte quickly established itself as the most popular Klipsch model. The elegant design and outstanding performance made the Forte a standout among its competitors. In 2017, Klipsch re-introduced the Forte as part of the Heritage speaker series. The new Forte III features updated cosmetics and the latest advancements in acoustic engineering, while maintaining the original charisma that made the Forte so popular.
3-Way Design: The Forte III hosts a three-way design utilizing a 12" woofer and horn-loaded midrange and tweeter. The new Forte III utilizes all new state of the art drivers including a 1.75" midrange and 1" tweeter titanium compression drivers for a smooth and powerful response. The Forte III's new midrange horn utilizes patented technology to improve coverage and control of the key mid-frequency band.
15" Passive Radiator: The Forte III's well-extended bass is found in the use of a rear-mounted passive radiator. A mammoth 15"in size, this sub-bass radiator operates on acoustic pressure generated by the woofer for greater bass output and extension.
Book-Matched Wood Veneers: Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Heritage series. Each pair of Forte III loudspeakers is grain-matched using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint - like turning the pages of a book. This gives each speaker a more aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory. Each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that each pair of speakers leave the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
Note: The Forte III real-wood veneer comes in four distinct finishes including Natural Cherry, Black Ash, and American Walnut - all designed to blend into your home's décor.
Dual Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Klipsch Forte III loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Placement: The Forte III has excellent bass extension and therefore offers a good degree of toe-in and placement options. However, the Forte features a rear-firing 15" passive radiator that requires the loudspeaker to be placed at least 1" away from the back wall. For optimal low-bass performance, it is recommended the loudspeaker be placed within 2"-10" of the back wall. This will provide the best low bass loading and enhance the low frequency extension of the loudspeaker.
Heritage Series (Made in the USA): The Klipsch Heritage Series is built and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Hope Arkansas. They are meticulously handcrafted and assembled using the finest quality materials, even down to the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners (no detail goes unnoticed). Each Heritage Series loudspeaker utilizes Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded technology to bring a live music listening experience into the home. All Heritage Series loudspeakers are available in a variety high-quality wood veneers. Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers are built to rock the house and stand the test of time. This is a speaker that will be handed down for generations to come,
4 Principles of Klipsch Sound: Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. They continue to drive the design of every new Klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
- High Efficiency & Low Distortion: Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion - resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch's Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion - with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- Flat Frequency Response: Audio is delivered without frequency bias - no unnatural highs, mids or lows - reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked