About the AudioSource/Metra Garage Bluetooth® Sound System
A sound system for your outbuilding
Do you have a garage or shed that you use as a studio, workshop, or home office? This bundle includes everything you need to play your favorite tunes in a self-contained system. The rugged AudioSource AMP100VS amplifier provides 50 watts per channel to power the matching AudioSource AS545 indoor/outdoor speakers. Use the provided Metra Helios Bluetooth adapter to connect your phone or tablet and stream music to work by. All necessary connecting cables and speaker wire are included.
- AudioSource amplifier & outdoor speakers, Metra Helios Bluetooth receiver
- 3-foot 3.5mm-to-RCA stereo adapter cable included
- 50 feet of Crutchfield 14-gauge speaker wire included
AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier:
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- high-current Class AB amplifier design
- front-panel volume and balance controls
- A/B speaker switching
- binding post connectors
- main and secondary ("Interrupt") audio line inputs with automatic source switching
- lets you connect an additional audio source of your choice, like a CD player
- 16-1/2"W x 2-15/16"H x 9-1/2"D
- 9.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
AudioSource AS545 speakers (pair):
- 5-1/4" polypropylene cone woofer and 3/4" Mylar soft-dome tweeter
- frequency response 42-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- handles up to 100 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- weather-resistant indoor/outdoor enclosure
- acoustic suspension (sealed) design
- rust-proof aluminum grilles
- mounting brackets included
- warranty: limited lifetime (with product registration)
Metra Helios AS-BTR wireless Bluetooth® adapter:
- allows wireless music playback from Bluetooth-compatible smartphones, tablets, music players, and computers
- range: 33 feet
- 19" USB power cable included
- your connected Bluetooth® device controls volume
- 4-3/8"W x 7/16"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This sound system bundle includes 5 individually packaged items:
- AMP100VS Amplifier:
- Stereo power amplifier
- Owner's manual
- AS545B Indoor/Outdoor Speakers:
- 2 Outdoor loudspeakers (black)
- 2 Mounting brackets (pre-installed)
- 8 Rubber feet
- Installation Guide
- AS-BTR Bluetooth Receiver:
- Bluetooth wireless receiver
- AC power adapter
- 19" miniUSB-to-USB cable
- 19" Stereo minijack cable
- User's Manual
- CMR-203 Stereo Cable:
- 3' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- CC14L Speaker Wire:
- 50' Spool of 14 AWG speaker wire (clear jacket)
AudioSource/Metra Garage Bluetooth® Sound System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource/Metra Garage Bluetooth® Sound System
System Overview: The AudioSource/Metra Garage Bluetooth Sound System includes a Metra Helios Bluetooth receiver, an AudioSource AMP100V 2 x 50W power amplifier, a pair of AudioSource AS545B Indoor/Outdoor 2-way speakers, a HOSA 3.5mm TRS to dual RCA stereo cable (3') for connecting the Bluetooth receiver to the amp, and a 50' spool of Crutchfield 14 AWG speaker wire.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Helios AS-BTR features Bluetooth A2DP technology, which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled device to your home entertainment system (up to 32.8'). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled device to your home stereo system. Compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices include many smartphones, tablets, computers, and laptops. You will continue to control your music and view song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device.
Note: Only one Bluetooth source device can be paired and connected at a time to the Helios AS-BTR. See User Manual for setup instructions.
Analog Audio Output: The Helios AS-BTR add-on Bluetooth receiver is outfitted with a single stereo minijack (3.5mm) output which allows it to connect to your home AV receiver, integrated amp, or powered speaker's auxiliary or audio input. A 19" stereo minijack cable is included. A stereo minijack to RCA cable (sold separately) will be required if your AV receiver or integrated amplifier features a stereo RCA input.
AC Power Adapter: The Helios AS-BTR add-on Bluetooth receiver operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter with 19" cable.
AudioSource Amp Series: AudioSource AMP series amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AMP series offers exceptional value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
Stereo Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier is designed for dedicated stereo & distributed audio applications. It offers A & B speaker outputs. The amplifier can be configured for Stereo or Bridged output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 50 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 60 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 150 watts x 1 channel, 1kHz, <1% THD+N
Front-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier features the following front-panel controls.
- Power Switch: The front-panel Power Switch turns the AMP100VS on or off. A red LED indicates connection to AC power while in standby mode and turns green indicating audio signal is present.
- Volume: The front-panel rotary volume knob allows you to adjust the amplifier's overall volume level.
- A/B Speaker Selector: You can select Speakers A, Speakers B, or Both for playback.
- Balance: The Balance control lets you fade the amplifier's speaker output between the Right & Left channels.
Rear-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AMP100VS offers the following rear-panel controls.
- Bass & Treble: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted from -12dB to + 12dB.
- Stereo Mode: Select Stereo mode for connecting one or two pair of loudspeakers.
- Bridged Mode: When set to Bridged mode, the AMP100VS becomes a single channel mono amplifier for powering one speaker. Only the Right audio input is used during bridged-mode. Only one zone (A or B) can be bridged; not both.
- Auto On Switch: Power can be turned on and off manually via the switch on the front-panel or automatically by signal sensing. Set the Auto On switch to Normal for manual power on/off. Set the Auto switch to Auto for signal sensing; the amp will turn on when audio signal is detected at the inputs The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in) for the Auto On feature to operate.
Rear-Panel Connections: The AudioSource AMP100VS digital stereo power amplifier is equipped with the following inputs & outputs
- Main Input/Output: The AMP100VS Main Input consists of stereo RCA jacks and are used as the amplifier's primary audio inputs. The Main Output also consists of stereo RCA jacks and pass through the AMP100VS's Main Input audio signal to another amplifier.
- Interrupting Line Input: The Interrupting Input consists of stereo RCA Jacks. This input can be used if a second source is desired and takes over when signal is present and has at least a 5mV level. When there is no signal, or a signal with less than 5mV level, the amp switches back to Main input after a brief delay.
- Speaker A/B Terminals: The AudioSource AMP100VS is fitted with binding-post terminals for A & B speaker connection for powering up to two pair of speakers. The minimum impedance for each speaker section is 4-ohm in Stereo mode and 8-ohm in Bridged mode. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AMP100VS to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a 3.5mm minijack cable.
- Unswitched AC Terminal: A two-prong AC terminal provides power for an additional component, such as a CD or DVD player, turntable, or other non-amplified electronic component. Do not connect another amplifier or receiver. Ensure 400W max power consumption for any device plugged into this terminal.
- Power Cord: The stereo power amplifier features an attached 5.5' AC power cord.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand.
Outdoor Rated: The AudioSource AS545B features a weather-resistant enclosure, rugged mounting bracket, and a rust-proof aluminum grille.
2-Way Driver Design: The AudioSource AS545B outdoor loudspeaker uses a 2-way driver design with a 0.75" Mylar hard-dome tweeter and a 5.25" polypropylene cone woofer for full, dynamic sound.
Spring-Clip Terminals: The AS545B outdoor loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals for connection of your speaker. The spring-clip terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors. The spring-clip terminals are hidden and protected behind a removal plastic rear-panel.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AS545B outdoor loudspeaker offers a variety of flexible mounting options.
- C-Bracket: The AS545B comes with a C-bracket for simple, easy, and reliable installation in almost any outdoor environment. The included C-bracket allows you to mount the the speaker vertically or horizontally. When mounted vertically, you can angle the speaker up or down. When mounted horizontally, you can swivel the speaker left or right.
- Tabletop: The mounting bracket can be removed if you want to place the speaker vertically or horizontally on a shelf, stand, tabletop, or other flat mounting surface. Rubber feet are included to help level and secure the speaker on your flat mounting surface.
- Dual 1/4"-20 Inserts: There are also two 1/4"-20 threaded inserts on the back of the speaker that can be used for other 3rd party wall-mount brackets (sold separately).
Note: Mounting screws are not included and sold separately (available at most local hardware stores).
Dimensions: Dimension with wall-mount bracket attached and with it removed.
- Vertical Wall Mount: 7.0625" (w) x 10.0625" (h) x 8.375" (d)
- Horizontal Wall Mount: 10.0625" (w) x 7.05625" (h) x 8.375" (d)
- Vertical Tabletop: 7.0625" (w) x 10.0625" (h) x 7.625" (d)
- Horizontal Tabletop: 10.0625" (w) x 7.0625" (h) x 7.625" (d)
Note: The included rubber feet add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker when placing the speaker on a flat tabletop mounting surface.
2 questions already asked