About the Rockford Fosgate Golf Cart Bundle 2
Custom audio, plus a dash deal
Custom audio, plus a dash deal
Bring great sound to your golf cart with a custom audio system package. This one includes a Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 digital media receiver and a pair of Rockford Fosgate M1-65B 6-1/2" speakers.
The radio will bring plenty of entertainment to your cart, and the speakers even have backlight RGB cones, so you can light up the night (optional wiring or accessories needed). The package also includes an input panel with a USB port and an AUX input, a marine-rated AM/FM antenna, and the wiring you'll need.
Save on a dash kit
When you purchase the package, you'll save $50 on a VIP carbon fiber dash that's designed to fit popular golf carts and hold your gauge-style radio.
Note: This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- golf cart audio kit for gauge style dash openings
- includes digital media receiver, 6-1/2" speakers, panel-mount USB/AUX input, harness, and AM/FM antenna
Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- made for marine and off-road use
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak × 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream your music
- works with Apple or Android smartphones
- plays MP3/WMA/WAV files
- AM/FM/Weather Band receiver
- inputs: rear USB port, rear aux input (RCA)
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front and selectable rear/sub)
- warranty: 2 years
Rockford Fosgate PAUX Panel
- all-weather panel-mount USB/AUX input
- 6-foot cable terminates in male USB and RCA connectors
- front-mounted USB-A port and 3.5mm aux input
- warranty: 1 year
Rockford Fosgate M1-65B marine speakers
- 2-way 6-1/2" marine speakers with LED lighting and black grilles
- injection-molded, mineral-filled polypropylene cone
- 1" balanced dome tweeter built into grille
- power handling up to 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- Rockford PMX-2:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Mounting plate
- Mounting bracket
- Wiring harness
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Installation/Operation booklet
- Rockford M1-65B:
- Two 2-way marine speakers
- Two 11" LED power harnesses with 4-pin Deutsch connectors on one end
- Twelve 1-1/4" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- Two 3mm Allen head bits
- 3.5mm Drill bit
- Instruction manual
- Contact Information
- Rockford RFRZ-PMXWH1:
- 6' Power/speaker harness
- 3 Wire-ties
- 3 Plastic grommets
- Installation Guide
- Rockford PAUX:
- Panel-mounted USB/Aux input port (with attached 6' cable terminated by USB/RCA connectors)
- Rubber cap (installed)
- Locking nut (installed)
- ProSpec SEaDP36AXT:
- Marine AM/FM dipole antenna (with a 6' antenna wire terminated by a male motorola connector that splits into two 2' antenna wires)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Golf Cart Bundle 2
Marine Certified: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series of source units are fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. They are also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure they can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-2 is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display and motor structure are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Optically Bonded LCD: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features a 2.7" TFT color LCD for optimum viewing, even in full sun, that is optically wet bonded to prevent any dust or moisture penetration. There are two brightness settings for the LCD screen.
- Water Resistant Control Knob: The PMX-2 uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature white LED illumination.
- Voltage Gauge & Warning: You can check the voltage of your system through the PMX-2's menu. The unit also provides a Low Voltage Warning Alert.
Marine Tested: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM G154 UV) to ensure the M1-65B speakers are durable in the difficult marine environment. The mounting hardware is stainless steel to resist corrosion.
- Tweeters: The 1" balanced dome tweeters are made of LCP (liquid crystal polymer), a high strength/light weight material. The tweeters are bridge mounted, useful in a marine speaker because no opening through the middle of the woofer for the mounting post is needed.
- ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) simplifies installation and protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket, creating a cleaner look and easier installation. The crossover has a 6 dB/octave slope.
- VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
- Speaker Terminals: In addition to standard male quick slide terminals, each speaker also has 2-pin waterproof Deutsch terminals. Speaker wire harnesses with 2-pin waterproof Deutsch DT Series connectors are not included.
LEDs: There are red, green, and blue LEDs in the back of the speakere's tweeter casing, to create a glow on the woofer cone. The LEDs can be powered individually, or in any combination you like. Depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they light red, green, blue, yellow, pink, aqua, or white. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on and a 1-amp fuse should be added in-line (fuse not included). The LEDs can also be controlled using Rockford Fosgate's LED Controller (item number 575PMXRGB, sold separately). Two LED power wire harnesses are included with 4-pin waterproof Deutsch DT Series connectors that plug into the speaker frames.
EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory): The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features an EEPROM memory system which retains settings (including Audio & Bluetooth settings) even when power is removed.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-2 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. When using a Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 compatible device like the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or an Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), you can even browse your stored music by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Genre). The PMX-2 will also display your device's song/artist information with album art.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Optional Wired Remotes: The PMX-2 features a wired remote input which is compatible with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-1R & PMX-0R wired remote controllers (both sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately) to connect a wired remote controller. Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
USB Port: The Rockford Fosgate features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3 and WMA music files loaded onto a USB MSC device (up to 32GB). You are able to browse your music by folders, as well as control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2's USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The PMX-2 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Control: The PMX-2 lets you navigate your Apple device's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, or Audiobook. The head unit also offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will remain unlocked while connected, so you can access music apps on your device. Older Apple device's clickwheels & touchscreens will lock when connected to the PMX-2.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. It will also display album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 7/23/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA AUX input to connect an external audio source. You can give the Aux input a custom name.
Panel Mount Input Port: The included Rockford Fosgate Punch PAUX is a universal panel-mounted input port that allows you to have easy access to USB and Auxiliary audio connections. This port is designed to extend these types of connections from the back of a source unit to an easily accessible spot on the dash. This helps eliminate unsightly cables from hanging out of the dash or glove compartment and provides a more secure connection for your mobile devices.
- Cables & Inputs: The port features a front-mounted female USB-A port and a female 3.5mm aux input, which is attached to 6' extension cables terminating at a male USB-A connector and male stereo RCA jack. A Rubber cap protects the USB-A and 3.5mm audio inputs.
- Mounting Options: The unit mounts in a 1" (diameter) x 1" (deep) mounting hole and secures with the included retaining nut, while the water resistant cover helps to keep out moisture and dirt when not being used. The PAUX's front-panel measures 1.125" in diameter.
AM/FM Tuner: The PMX-2 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations; these presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can set the tuner to Local or Distance tuning. The Local option tunes to nearby radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. In areas where reception is poor, switching to Distance tuning enables the unit to tune in to more distant stations. You can choose between US or European tuning.
Note: This unit comes with an AM/FM dipole antenna.
Weather Band: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is also equipped with a built-in weather band tuner. Select from weather band frequencies between 162.40 to 162.55.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 using your USB-connected or Bluetooth-paired Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the PMX-2 via the appropriate the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the marine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The PMX-2 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically.
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
MOSFET Amplifier: The PMX-2 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the marine receiver are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/4Ch Preouts: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is equipped with two pair of 4-volt preamp outputs (Front & Rear/Sub). You can configure the Rear/Sub pre-out for rear speakers with fading capability or as a non-fading sub output. You can turn off the unit's internal amplifier, you plan on using only external amps.
Equalizer: The PMX-2 is equipped with a variety of EQ presets, and 7-Band EQ, and Rockford Fosgate's Punch EQ.
- Presets: Select between seven EQ presets - FLAT, ROCK, CLASSIC, ACOUSTIC, DANCE, ELECTRONIC, or HIP-HOP.
- 7-Band EQ: Use the built-in 7-band EQ to custom tailor the sound of your music to your liking.
- Punch EQ: Punch EQ is an onboard equalizer with up to +18dB at 45Hz and/or up to +12dB boost at 12.5kHz.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: The PMX-2 provides a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels which can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range. The unit also provides a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output that can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range.
Sub Control: When the sub out is activated, you can independently adjust its volume level from 0 to 20.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain of each source so they all play at the same volume level. Select between -3dB, -2dB, -1dB, 0dB, +1dB, +2dB, or +3dB for each source.
Key Beep: A beep tone will sound with any press of a button on the receiver. This can be turned on or off.
Custom Mount: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 requires a round cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis (will fit in a standard 3" gauge opening). Four machine screws and mounting bracket fasten the unit against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket and metal plate against the bulkhead. The included trim-ring hides the mounting screws for a neat installation.
- Diameter: 2.945"
- Depth: 4.25"
- Width: 4.475"
- Height: 4.195"
- Depth: 1.25"
- Trim Ring:
- Width: 4.455"
- Height: 4.095"
- Depth: 0.675"
Note: The receiver does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard European or ISO-DIN automotive installation.
Screw Hole Pattern: The faceplate has two mounting holes across the top of the face-plate, and two holes on the bottom of the faceplate for securing the unit to the bulkhead. The included trim-ring covers the screws holes for a neat installation. The screw hole spacing is as follows.
- Width (Top & Bottom): 4.035"
- Height (Between Top and Bottom Row): 3.505"
- Screw Mounting Depth: 0.75"
Power & Speaker Harness: This plug-&-play harness replaces the PMX-2 digital marine source unit's standard wiring harness and provides direct molex-type connection to the PMX-2, quick slide terminals to connect the included Rockford M1-65B speakers, and ring terminals to attach the power wire to the battery and ground wire to your Golf Cart's metal chassis. The harness also includes rear speaker wire leads if you choose to add rear speakers (sold separately) to the system.