About the Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle
All you need to stream games on Twitch® or YouTube®
Crutchfield writer — and former video game blogger — Benn Grant helped select this gear for streaming gameplay online.
All you need to stream games on Twitch® or YouTube®
When Crutchfield writer Benn Grant made his picks for the best gaming headsets of 2019, he noticed something missing from our selection. We didn't have an all-in-one solution for gamers who want to share their gameplay with others. So he helped create this Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle to help you easily record, stream, and upload gaming sessions online.
"Popular streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube generate millions of views for gamers every day,” said Benn. “We put together this gameplay streaming bundle to help you get your foot in the door.”
What's included — and why
Before coming to Crutchfield, Benn wrote for a major gaming site. He's seen the meteoric rise of eSports firsthand, and has also tested out some of the best video game gear and accessories. So when he talks about this stuff, we listen. Here's Benn on what he chose for this bundle, and why he chose it:
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones — "I chose these headphones because of their cult-like status in the gaming community. The thing that jumped out the most to me was the accuracy of the positioning. Like magic (or good engineering), the headphones emphasized the most important frequencies of Fortnite. I would go as far to say the positioning on these headphones were the best of any gaming headset I tested."
- Audio-Technica AT2005USB cardioid dynamic microphone with USB — "If you don't have soundproofing in your room, it is best to get a dynamic microphone for streaming. The AT2005USB will reject unwanted background noise like fans, human voices and the traffic outside. No drivers were needed to use this mic with my computer. I plugged in, the light came on, and I was ready to go. It supports both Windows and Mac OS."
- Yamaha AG03 3-channel mixer — "Yamaha designed the easy-to-use AG03 with video game streamers in mind. It has a built-in "loopback" function. This allows all the sound from your inputs to return with all the sounds you are playing from your computer. This way you can easily balance voice chat, game audio and background music."
- CUBASE AI digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows (included with mixer) — "This audio production software syncs up seamlessly with the Yamha AG03. Then you can get to work right on your computer screen. That means spending less time with configuration and more time playing games and mixing sound."
Cables and connections
The cables included with the components here should cover the basics for streaming to Twitch or YouTube. Yamaha includes the USB cable to connect the mixer to your computer. You can connect the microphone to the mixer using the included USB digital mic cable or the XLR mic cable. The AG03 mixer has inputs that can accommodate either of these cables.
The ATH-M50x headphones include three detachable cables, including a 9.8-ft. straight cable that should give you some flexibility for gaming. Each cable is terminated with a 3.5mm minijack, but there's also 1/4" adapter. This means you can connect the headphones to the AG03 mixer's full-size (1/4") headphone output jack.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones:
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 45mm dynamic drivers offer studio-caliber clarity across a wide frequency range
- tuned for detailed, revealing sound and deep bass
- accurate stereo imaging for greater spatial and directional awareness
- snug, comfortable fit for long gaming sessions
- soft memory foam earpads and headband
- folding design for compact storage
- 3 detachable cables, including a 9.8-foot straight cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included for connecting to the Yamaha mixer
- frequency response: 15-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 47 ohms
- weight: 7.8 oz.
Audio-Technica AT2005USB microphone:
- for recording directly to a computer or for live sound through a PA system
- dynamic microphone with USB digital and XLR analog output
- cardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- supports Windows® and Mac® OS, no drivers needed
- recording resolution: 16-bit/44.1/48 kHz
- frequency response: 50-15,000 Hz
- weight: 9.4 oz.
Yamaha AG03 recording mixer for streaming games on Twitch or YouTube:
- 3-channel mixer/recording interface for Mac®, PC, or iPad®
- 2-input/2-output USB 2.0 recording interface
- powered by your computer via USB
- loopback feature routes playback tracks from your computer to the mixer and combines your inputs for recording to Internet streaming software
- comes bundled with CUBASE AI music production software (download version) for Mac and Windows
- Yamaha D-PRE discrete Class A mic preamp with 48V phantom power offers warm, clean sound even at high input levels
- compatible with 2nd generation and later iPads (requires Lightning™ to USB adapter or Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- 5-1/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 8"D
- weight: 1.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years for Audio-Technica products; 1 year for Yamaha AG03
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This eSports Gameplay Bundle contains 3 individually packaged items:
- Audio-Technica AT2005USB Microphone:
- Cardioid dynamic USB microphone (gray) with female XLR and Mini-B 2.0 USB connector
- Stand clamp (with 5/8"-27 thread)
- Tripod desk stand (with 5/8"-27 thread)
- 10' XLR mic cable
- 87" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B USB on other end)
- Zippered storage pouch
- Instruction Manual
- Yamaha AG03 Mixer:
- AG03 3-channel mixing console
- 59" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on other end)
- Owner's Manual (English)
- 8 Owner's Manuals (separate copies in other languages)
- Technical Specifications
- Cubase AI download information
- Software note
- Important Notice (for European customers only)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 47"-118" Coiled cable (3.5mm plug)
- 125" Straight cord (3.5mm plug)
- 52" Straight cord (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Storage pouch
- Locking Cable instructions
- Purchase Registration Card
- Disposal guidelines
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle
Bundle Overview: The Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle has been designed for online gaming and includes a Yamaha AG03 3-channel USB mixer, an Audio-Technica dynamic cardioid microphone, and a pair of Audio-Technica professional closed-back headphones.
Microphone Overview: The Audio-Technica AT2005USB is a cardioid dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs. This versatile mic can be used as a regular wired microphone for live performances, or as a USB microphone for digitally capturing music or voice directly to your computer. The AT2005USB is ideal for home studio recording, field recording, podcasting, and voiceovers. It comes with a USB cable, an XLR cable, clamp-style stand adapter, a tripod desk stand, and a zippered storage pouch.
Cardioid Pattern: The microphone's cardioid polar pattern picks up sounds from the front only, and rejects sounds from the sides and rear. This isolates the desired sound source from other sound sources to give you the best possible results, and helps control feedback.
Digital/Analog Output: This USB microphone is equipped with a high quality A/D and D/A converter with a bit depth of 16 bits and a sampling rate of 44.1/48 kHz. When the microphone is connected via the XLR cable, it can be used as a conventional wired microphone in your sound system.
Headphone Output: The microphone has a 3.5mm headphone output on the bottom for connecting headphones for latency-free direct monitoring. The headphone level control only adjusts the mic's headphone output, and not the microphone level.
Compatibility: The AT2005USB is compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1, and the following operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Mac OS X.
Tripod / Stand Adapter: The AT2005USB includes a small tripod desk stand with folding legs, and a pivoting, threaded stand mount. The mount and adapter both have a 5/8"-27 thread.
USB Power: This microphone requires power in order to operate via USB. It receives power (5V DC) from your computer's USB port, and through the supplied USB cable. It does not need power when connected to the XLR cable.
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Headphone Output: 10mW (@ 16Ω)
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.023", Length: 7.265"
- Weight: 9.4 ounces
Mixer Overview: The Yamaha AG03 is a multi-purpose, high-resolution 3-channel mixing console and USB audio interface. It has a mono Mic/Line input and a stereo Line/mono guitar input, plus stereo Monitor out and headphone out. In addition, there are two USB in/outs, one for PC (Type B) and the other for tablet (MicroUSB), for recording or playing back your own tracks at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution. The AG03 has a durable, compact metal chassis with a white finish.
Possible Uses: In addition to online gaming, the Yamaha AG03 can be used in a wide variety of ways, including webcasting, podcasting, music and music production, and education.
Preamp: The AG03 has a studio quality D-PRE microphone preamp, the same Discrete Class-A Mic Preamp developed by Yamaha for their high-end recording consoles. The D-PRE preamp has a very wide frequency range which allows it to handle signal from virtually any audio source.
Phantom Power: The mic input features +48V DC phantom power, giving you the option to use a professional condenser microphone.
Comp/EQ: The AG03 is equipped with 1-Touch Comp/EQ (compressor/equalizer), which can easily add clarity and focus to your sound at the touch of a button. Using Yamaha's state-of-the-art signal processing technology, the Comp/EQ lets you reduce unwanted low-frequency noise and variations in vocal level.
Optional Mic Stand Mount: The mixer can be mounted onto a microphone stand by using the optional Yamaha BMS-10A Microphone Stand Adapter. Two threaded screw holes on the bottom will accommodate the stand adapter.
Channel 1 Mic/Line Input: You can connect a microphone, instrument, or other audio device to Channel 1. This input has an XLR-1/4" combo jack, allowing you to use an XLR or phone plug.
Channel 2/3 Guitar/Line Input: The AG03 allows you to plug in a guitar into Channel 2, or a mono or stereo line-level instrument into Channel 2 and/or Channel 3. All of these inputs are for 1/4" phone plugs. Instruments with high output impedance (High-Z) are plugged into the 2G Guitar jack and the Guitar/Line switch pressed in. Line-level instruments with a mono output are plugged into the Channel 2 L/Mono jack, while stereo line sources are plugged into the Channel 2 L/Mono and Channel 3 R jacks. The Guitar/Line switch should be in the off (up) position.
- Channel 1: Channel 1 is controlled by a 60mm fader. A rotary Gain knob can determine the basic volume for channel 1. If the Peak LED is constantly lit, the input gain is too high and should be adjusted. Channel 1 also has a +48V Phantom Power switch and a 26dB Pad.
- Channels 2 & 3: Channels 2 and 3 are controlled by a single rotary level control. The Gain switch for Channels 2 and 3 can determine the basic volume: pressed in for a low-level input or left out for a high level input.
Auxiliary Input: This 3.5mm auxiliary input jack lets you connect a smartphone or other device to the mixer. The controls on the device must be used to adjust volume.
To PC: A 3-way switch lets you determine what sounds are sent to the computer:
- Dry Ch 1-2G: Audio from Channels 1 and 2G is sent directly into the computer, where it can be recorded separately, as with an audio interface.
- Input Mix: The sound input into the mixer is mixed in stereo and sent into the computer. Sound input from the computer into the mixer is not sent back to the computer.
- Loopback: The Loopback function consolidates all input channels and playback tracks from the computer, and routes the mix back to your computer. You can adjust the input volume of the sound from the computer by a separate rotary knob. This is extremely helpful for webcasting or live recording.
Monitor Outputs: The Yamaha AG03 is equipped with multiple monitor outputs. Left and right monitor outputs, with both RCA and phone (1/4") jacks, are provided to connect the mixer to powered monitor speakers. There is also a 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphones. If your headphones have a 3.5mm plug, you can use the Headset output jack.
Foot Switch: A 1/4" phone jack is provided for connecting to a separately-sold foot switch, such as the Yamaha FC5. When the Effect button is turned on, the effected sound can be muted with a footswitch. The LED next to the Effect button flashes if the effected sound is muted.
Headset: Two 3.5mm jacks let you connect the microphone plug of a headset into the mixer. When a microphone (usually color-coded pink) is plugged into the headset microphone jack, the audio is sent to Channel 1, and any microphone or instrument connected to the Mic/Line input on Channel 1 is cut off. The headphone plug of the headset (usually light green in color) plugs into the headphone jack. This headphone jack receives the same sound as the 1/4" monitor headphone jack.
Monitor Mute: When the Monitor Mute switch is on (pressed in), the audio input to channels 1 and 2G is not sent to the Monitor Outputs (RCA or 1/4") or Headphone monitor jack, and direct monitoring is turned off. Audio coming from other sources (PC, for example) can still be heard through the monitor and headphone outputs, and you can adjust the levels independently.
USB 2.0 Port: For connecting the mixer to a computer, the AG03 has a Type B USB 2.0 terminal. The computer supplies power to the mixer and audio data can be sent between the mixer and computer. If a USB driver is required, it can be downloaded from the Yamaha website.
5V DC Terminal: You can connect a commercially-available USB power adapter or USB mobile battery via the Micro USB port. This terminal is also used for connecting the mixer to an iPad or other tablet that cannot supply power to the mixer.
Cubase AI: The Yamaha AG03 includes Cubase AI 8 Music Production Software. This digital audio workstation (DAW) is available via free download, and provides the basic tools for recording, editing, and mixing.
iPad Compatibility: The AG03 is compatible with Apple's second generation iPad or later, allowing you to create high quality recording and playback using an iOS compatible music app, such as Cubasis. You'll need an Lightning to USB camera adapter for connection to the iPad.
Headphone Overview: The design of the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones is based on the critically acclaimed ATH-M50, which has been praised by audio engineers and professional audio reviewers for years. The ATH-M50x has the same sonic signature as the M50, but adds the convenience of detachable cables, and comes with short and long straight cables and a coiled cord. The closed-back, over-the-ear design gives you excellent sound isolation in loud environments. The sturdy ATH-M50x is designed for use for studio recording or mixing, as well as DJ-ing. The ear cups swivel 90° for one-ear monitoring, and fold inward for storage in the included vinyl storage pouch.
Drivers: The large 45mm drivers are made with rare earth (neodymium) magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils, and are tuned flat for accurate sound monitoring over a wide frequency range. The professional-grade ear pads and headband pads offer comfort for many hours of continuous use.
Cable: The ATH-M50x has a single cable exit on the left ear cup with three detachable cables. A 52" straight cable, designed for use with portable devices, is terminated with a tapered 3.5mm plug. The longer straight cable is over 10 feet in length (125"), while the coiled cord extends from 3.9' to 9.8'. All of the cables have twist-lock 2.5mm sub-mini terminals at the headphone, and a 3.5mm mini plug. The included screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter works with the long straight cable and the coiled cable. This adapter is for use while you're listening to home or professional components with a full-size headphone jack.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 28kHz
- Sensitivity: 99dB
- Maximum Input Power: 1600mW at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Dimensions: Width=3.341" Height=3.952" Depth=1.796"
- Cable Length: 125" (straight), 52" (straight), 47"-118" (coiled)
- Weight: 10 ounces (w/o cable); 12.4 ounces (w/coiled cable)