About the Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle
All you need to stream games on Twitch® or YouTube®
Crutchfield writer — and former video game blogger — Benn Grant helped select this gear for streaming gameplay online.
All you need to stream games on Twitch® or YouTube®
When Crutchfield writer Benn Grant made his picks for the best gaming headsets of 2019, he noticed something missing from our selection. We didn't have an all-in-one solution for gamers who want to share their gameplay with others. So he helped create this Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle to help you easily record, stream, and upload gaming sessions online.
"Popular streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube generate millions of views for gamers every day,” said Benn. “We put together this gameplay streaming bundle to help you get your foot in the door.”
What's included — and why
Before coming to Crutchfield, Benn wrote for a major gaming site. He's seen the meteoric rise of eSports firsthand, and has also tested out some of the best video game gear and accessories. So when he talks about this stuff, we listen. Here's Benn on what he chose for this bundle, and why he chose it:
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones — "I chose these headphones because of their cult-like status in the gaming community. The thing that jumped out the most to me was the accuracy of the positioning. Like magic (or good engineering), the headphones emphasized the most important frequencies of Fortnite. I would go as far to say the positioning on these headphones were the best of any gaming headset I tested."
- Audio-Technica AT2005USB cardioid dynamic microphone with USB — "If you don't have soundproofing in your room, it is best to get a dynamic microphone for streaming. The AT2005USB will reject unwanted background noise like fans, human voices and the traffic outside. No drivers were needed to use this mic with my computer. I plugged in, the light came on, and I was ready to go. It supports both Windows and Mac OS."
- Yamaha AG03 3-channel mixer — "Yamaha designed the easy-to-use AG03 with video game streamers in mind. It has a built-in "loopback" function. This allows all the sound from your inputs to return with all the sounds you are playing from your computer. This way you can easily balance voice chat, game audio and background music."
- CUBASE AI digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows (included with mixer) — "This audio production software syncs up seamlessly with the Yamha AG03. Then you can get to work right on your computer screen. That means spending less time with configuration and more time playing games and mixing sound."
Cables and connections
The cables included with the components here should cover the basics for streaming to Twitch or YouTube. Yamaha includes the USB cable to connect the mixer to your computer. You can connect the microphone to the mixer using the included USB digital mic cable or the XLR mic cable. The AG03 mixer has inputs that can accommodate either of these cables.
The ATH-M50x headphones include three detachable cables, including a 9.8-ft. straight cable that should give you some flexibility for gaming. Each cable is terminated with a 3.5mm minijack, but there's also 1/4" adapter. This means you can connect the headphones to the AG03 mixer's full-size (1/4") headphone output jack.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones:
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 45mm dynamic drivers offer studio-caliber clarity across a wide frequency range
- tuned for detailed, revealing sound and deep bass
- accurate stereo imaging for greater spatial and directional awareness
- snug, comfortable fit for long gaming sessions
- soft memory foam earpads and headband
- folding design for compact storage
- 3 detachable cables, including a 9.8-foot straight cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included for connecting to the Yamaha mixer
- frequency response: 15-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 47 ohms
- weight: 7.8 oz.
Audio-Technica AT2005USB microphone:
- for recording directly to a computer or for live sound through a PA system
- dynamic microphone with USB digital and XLR analog output
- cardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- supports Windows® and Mac® OS, no drivers needed
- recording resolution: 16-bit/44.1/48 kHz
- frequency response: 50-15,000 Hz
- weight: 9.4 oz.
Yamaha AG03 recording mixer for streaming games on Twitch or YouTube:
- 3-channel mixer/recording interface for Mac®, PC, or iPad®
- 2-input/2-output USB 2.0 recording interface
- powered by your computer via USB
- loopback feature routes playback tracks from your computer to the mixer and combines your inputs for recording to Internet streaming software
- comes bundled with CUBASE AI music production software (download version) for Mac and Windows
- Yamaha D-PRE discrete Class A mic preamp with 48V phantom power offers warm, clean sound even at high input levels
- compatible with 2nd generation and later iPads (requires Lightning™ to USB adapter or Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- 5-1/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 8"D
- weight: 1.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years for Audio-Technica products; 1 year for Yamaha AG03
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica/Yamaha eSports Gameplay Bundle