About the Yamaha Gym Sound System Bundle
Work out in style with this gym sound system
Work out in style with this gym sound system
These days, a workout space can be anything: a CrossFit® space in a garage, a Cycle studio in a large gym space, a Barre studio, or a boutique gym. You might need meditative music for focused yoga in one class, then high-energy rock that helps your clients push through five more reps in the next. Whatever your needs may be, this gym sound system bundle offers everything you need to fill your workout space with inspiring tunes.
It's cost-effective, easy to set up, and supported for life by our tech specialists. We've made it our business to understand what your business needs. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Yamaha PX3 amplifier
This is the heart of your system. Whether it's the roar of an electric guitar or the trill of a flute, your music needs power for faithful reproduction and volume. This versatile amp is perfectly matched to the speakers we included in the bundle, and it can even deliver a little extra juice in Power Boost Mode.
4 Yamaha VXS8 speakers
Four included speakers deliver plenty of "oomph" for workout spaces large or small. Each pair handles a robust 180 watts of continuous program power, so you can crank the volume when you need to. Each speaker has an 8" woofer for great bass response and solid mids, and a 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, accurate highs. They're also weather-resistant, so they'll work well at a swimming pool or in a hot yoga studio.
The included Shure SCM262 mixer has plenty of inputs, so you can use your own music sources.
Shure SCM262 mixer
This Shure mixer lets you connect just about any music source you can think of. Connect a microphone to one of its mic inputs, and your trainers can be heard loud and clear as they lead classes. Each source has a dedicated volume control, so you can tailor the mix to individual preferences throughout the day.
Power protection and wiring included
The Furman SS-6B Pro surge protector is more than just a "power strip." Sure, it lets you plug in all of your equipment in one place, but it also features protective circuitry that keeps your system from being damaged if the building's power supply fluctuates unexpectedly — think dimming, flickering, and power loss during thunderstorms. We've also thrown in all of the connecting cables and wires you'll need, so you can be up and running in no time.
The music source
Ask your advisor about options for a music source. Crutchfield customers can get three months of free licensed music via our partnership with Rockbot. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact all performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
- powerful, easy-to-use sound system lets you incorporate your own music into a workout space
Yamaha PX3 Amplifier:
- 2-channel power amplifier
- provides up to 1000 watts of stereo power
- 18-15/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 15-5/8"D
- weight: 15.21 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
4 Yamaha VXS8 Speakers:
- 8" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter in a bass-reflex enclosure
- Each pair handles up to 180 watts continuous program power
- weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- wall mounting hardware included
- paintable powder-coated aluminum grille
- 10-15/16"W x 16-15/16"H x 9-7/16"D
- weight: 18.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- 3 line-level stereo inputs and 2 mic inputs
- lets you combine music sources with instructor microphone (not included)
- individual volume control for each source
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Power and Wiring:
- all necessary wiring included
- Furman SS-6B features 6 AC outlets and protects your valuable equipment
- Hosa balanced 1/4" TRS male to XLR male cable x 2 connects mixer to amp
- Hosa minijack-to-RCA cable lets you use your smartphone as a source
- 500-foot spool of 14-gauge, 2-conductor speaker wire
- MFR # Gym Bundle
What's in the box:
- The Yamaha Gym Bundle includes two pairs of Yamaha VXS loudspeakers along with a Shure stereo mixer and a Yamaha power amplifier. Also included in the bundle are a Furman surge protector - Hosa cables and adapters - and one roll of Metra ethereal direct burial speaker wire (all individually packaged).
- Each Yamaha VXS8 speaker box includes:
- 2 Surface-mount loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 2 Speaker brackets
- 2 Wall brackets
- 2 Bracket covers
- 2 Terminal covers
- Owner's Manual
- 4 Phillips-head screws (lock-/flat-washers attached)
- 2 Hex-head screws (lock-/flat-washers attached)
- 2 Security cables (with hardware)
- 2 Carter-keys
- Additional Notice
- The Shure mixer box includes:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
- The Yamaha PX3 stereo amplifier box includes:
- Power amplifier (rack-ears installed)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- AC plug clamp
- USB cap
- Owner's Manual Technical Specifications
- "Notice" sheet
- The Furman SS-6B surge suppressor box includes:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- Each Hosa adapter package includes:
- 5' Balanced male 1/4" TRS to XLR3M interconnect cable
- The Hosa stereo breakout adapter package includes:
- 6' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- The Metra ethereal speaker wire package includes:
- 500' Spool of 14-gauge/2-conductor direct-burial speaker wire (black jacket)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha Gym Sound System Bundle
Overview: The Yamaha Gym Bundle includes the following items:
- (2 pairs) Yamaha VXS8 speakers
- Yamaha PX3 stereo amplifier
- Shure SCM262 stereo mixer
- Furman SS-6B power strip surge suppressor
- Hosa 3.5mm-to-Dual RCA cable (6')
- Two Hosa 1/4"-to-XLR cables (5')
- Metra ethereal direct-burial speaker wire (one 500' roll)
Warranty Information: The items in the Yamaha Gym Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Yamaha Speakers: 1 Year
- Yamaha Amp: 3 Years
- Shure: 1 Year
- Furman: 1 Year
- Hosa: Lifetime
- Metra ethereal: Lifetime
VXS Series: Yamaha designed their new VXS series loudspeakers to accommodate a growing list of applications in the installation market. While these speakers deliver quintessential Yamaha sound quality, they have also been carefully designed for safe and easy installation.
Two-Way Driver System: The VXS series loudspeakers feature a newly customized 1" soft dome tweeter and a 8" cone woofer capable of providing superb music reproduction as well as crystal clear announcements for public address applications.
Carefully Designed Enclosure: Several aspects of the speaker enclosure design reflect a strong emphasis on functionality as well as the aesthetic features of their construction, effectively enhancing sound quality and speaker performance without disturbing the interior décor of the installation. The speaker cabinets are built tough to meet the demands of a wide variety of commercial environments, constructed from a carefully selected plastic with just the right tensile strength, and designed with optimized bass-reflex tuning to offer a firm, tight low-end. The hexagonal design of the grille actually improves sound clarity by raising the aperture ratio. Similarly, the smooth curves of the surface-mount cabinet's simple yet sophisticated design allow the speakers to be mounted closely to the wall, while still fully capable of panning and tilting to target service areas.
Note: The speaker enclosure is IP35 rated for outdoor applications, so it can be mounted outdoors under a porch or eve. The speaker should never be submerged in water.
Euroblock Connectors: Input connection is conveniently provided by a removable euroblock connector (4-pin), providing secure connection via screw-down terminals and allowing a system to be pre-wired before installing the speaker for fast snap-on convenience. Separate connector terminals are available for the input and for the loop-through wires, making it easy to jumper the speaker signal to additional speakers. The input terminal plate provides strain relief for bare wire (up to 12 AWG) and conduit tube (up to 0.5"). Terminal covers are provided to meet safety codes & standards.
- Input Terminals: Terminals 2 (+) and 3 (-) are the input terminals of the loudspeaker.
- Loop-Thru Terminals: Terminals 1 (+) and 4 (-) are the loop-thru terminals to output connection to other speakers.
70V/100V Compatible: The VXS series loudspeakers include a 60W multi-tap transformer for use in either 70V or 100V distributed-line systems. Taps are selected with a rotary switch located on the back panel of the speaker.
- 70V Taps: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W
- 100V Taps: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W
Note: The speaker is also switchable for 8-ohm voice-coil direct operation.
Surface-Mount Bracket: The VXS series speakers come with a dedicated bracket for safe, trouble-free speaker installation. The speakers can be mounted temporarily, freeing your hands to adjust mounting angles, which can be configured consistently with ease thanks to the gear guides in the bracket connectors. Furthermore, the bracket base allows the VXS series speakers to be mounted on both walls and ceilings without the need to prepare a different set of brackets. The brackets allow the speakers to tilt up or down and swivel left or right.
Paintable: The VXS series loudspeakers comes with paintable speaker bodies, grilles, and brackets.
- Power Handling: 90 W (Noise); 180 W (Program); 360 W (Max)
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 51 Hz -20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Max SPL: 117 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω
- Low Frequency Transducer: 8 in.
- High Frequency Transducer: 1 in.
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 7.5 W, 15 W, 30 W, 60 W
- 100 V: 15 W, 30 W, 60 W
- Net Weight: 18.1 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width 10.9375", Height 16.9375", Depth 9.4375"
Powerful, Efficient Design: The Yamaha PX3 is driven by a newly developed Class-D amplifier engine that concentrates all the necessary functions into a single custom LSI chip, and uses PLL technology to control transfer characteristics in real time, achieving impressive sound quality and power. This new single-chip architecture offers higher output and improved performance in a more lightweight, yet reliable design. A combination of cutting-edge technology and an exhaustive component selection process make the PX3 a supremely efficient amplifier with low noise, reliable protection features, and above all, outstanding sound quality.
Stereo & Bridged Modes: The PX3 power amplifier can be configured for a Stereo or Bridged (Power Boost) application. Bridged or Power Boost Mode combines the power output from two channels into one, achieving significantly higher single-channel power levels to drive high power handling speakers when needed (note that the number of channels available is cut in half in this case).
- Stereo Mode:
- 8Ω: 300 watts x 2 channels
- 4Ω: 500 watts x 2 channels
- 2Ω: 300 watts x 2 channels
- Bridged (Power Boost) Mode:
- 8Ω: 600 watts x 1 channel
- 4Ω: 1000 watts x 1 channel
Flexible Connectivity: Equipped with both XLR and TRS inputs, as well as binding post, SpeakON and phone outputs, the PX Series amplifier offers the flexibility needed for a variety of setups and environments.
- Analog Inputs: Analog inputs include two XLR-3-31 terminals and two 1/4" Phone (TRS) jacks.
- Speaker Outputs: Speaker outputs include two Neutrik speakON NL4 connectors, two pair of binding posts terminals, and two 1/4" Phone (TS) jacks.
Routing: Select the route of the input signal by selecting Dual, Parallel, Single or Sum.
- Dual: Sends the input signal from channel A to speaker A, and sends the input signal from channel B to speaker B.
- Parallel: Sends the input signal from channel A to both speaker A & B outputs.
- Single: Sends only the input signal from channel A to the speaker A or B output (not both).
- Sum: Mixes and sends the input signals from channel A and channel B to speakers A & B outputs.
Two Mode Setup: To accommodate users with varying levels of sound reinforcement experience, the PX series amplifier offers both Basic and Advanced setup modes.
- Basic Mode: Basic mode allows even inexperienced users to easily configure a system that meets their needs.
- Advanced Mode: Advanced mode offers experienced users more precise control over every aspect of their sound.
8 Programmable Presets: The PX3 features eight programmable presets for instant recall and reduced setup time that can be saved to a USB thumb drive and shared with other PX amplifiers.
Smart Configuration Wizard: The Config Wizard allows you to save even more time during system setup by assigning optimized speaker settings that match your system configuration- simply select the appropriate filter and crossover for each speaker, and Config Wizard will do the rest.
Preset Speakers: The Config Wizard also features presets specifically tuned for each model in Yamaha's extensive lineup of passive speakers, including the popular CBR, Club, Installation, and VXS/VXC series.
- Full-Range: A10, A12, A12M, A15, CBR10, CBR12, CBR15, Club112V, Club115V, Club215V, ClubM10V, IF211264, IF211295, IF211299, IF2112AS, IF2112M64, IF2112M95, IF2112M99, IF211564, IF211595, IF211599, IF2115AS, IF2115M64, IF2115M95, IF2115M99, IF2108, IF2205, IF2208, NSAW392, NSAW592, NSAW992, R12M, R15M, R112, R115, R215, VS4, VS6, VXC4, VXC6, VXC8, VXS5, VXS8
- Subwoofer: A15W, ClubSW115V, ClubSW118V, ClubSW218V, IS1112, IS1118, IS1215, IS1218, R118W, VXS10S
- Bi-Amp: IF211264, IF211295, IF211299, IF2112AS, IF2112M64, IF2112M95, IF2112M99, IF211564, IF211595, IF211599, IF2115AS, IF2115M64, IF2115M95, IF2115M99, IF311564, IF311595, IH200064, IH200095
Sophisticated Signal Processing: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier comes with flexible onboard crossover, filters, delay, polarity, level, and limiter functions; allowing quick and easy system setup via the LCD screen, without the need for any additional outboard gear.
- High Pass Filter: Sets the crossover's high pass filter frequency (20-20kHz) of channel A and channel B.
- Low Pass Filter: Sets the crossover's low pass filter frequency (20-20kHz) of channel A and channel B.
- Polarity: Sets the polarity (Normal/Inverted) in order to avoid volume problems due to phase interference between speakers.
- Delay (Advanced mode only): Sets the delay time to compensate the distance between speakers. Sets by time (0-74 milliseconds) or by distance (0-83.4 feet / 0-25.4 meters).
- Level (Advanced mode only): Sets the output level (-10 to +10dB) to balance the output levels of channels.
- Limiter (Advanced mode only): For changing the settings of the limiter (10-1500W) depending on the speaker specifications, in order to protect the speaker.
Note: You can link the parameter settings of channels A and B, as well as copy parameters between channels.
D-CONTOUR Processing: The PX3 also features Yamaha's intelligent D-CONTOUR multi-band dynamic processing, allowing you to achieve consistent clarity and high-quality sound at any output level by tailoring the frequency response of each connected speaker for either front-of-house or monitor configurations.
Utilities: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier makes it fast and easy to configure panel settings, monitor amplifier status, and transfer data via USB, plus features a panel locking function to keep your settings safe. You can even export information such as internal device and log data to USB for rapid troubleshooting should difficulties arise.
LCD Screen: The PX3 amplifier is equipped with a front-panel LCD screen for display of audio settings and adjustments. For the protection of the LCD screen, the display automatically turns off it the PX amplifier has not been operated for 20 minutes. To turn-on the display again, simply press any key on the front-panel or rotate the main knob.
Durable Construction: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier has the durability to stand up to extended road-use thanks to the sturdy chassis and carrying handle design.
Rack Mounting: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier can be mounted in an EIA standard rack (2U size).
Power Requirements: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier operates off of standard household current (120V) using its built-in power supply and detachable AC power cord.
Dimensions: The Yamaha PX3 dimensions are: Width 18.9375", Height 3.5", Depth 15.625"
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
Left Output Mic/Line
Right Output Mic/Line
Mic 1 Ducking
Mic 2 Ducking
Stereo 3 Jukebox mute
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Metra ethereal Direct Burial Speaker Wire:
- Rating: CL3-rated for in-wall or outdoor installation
- Gauge: 14 AWG
- Conductors: 2
- Wire Construction: Oxygen Free Copper
- Jacket: Flexible black jacket
- Length: 500' roll