About the JBL Pro Gym Sound System Bundle
Work out in style with this JBL Pro sound system
Work out in style with this JBL Pro sound system
These days, a workout space can be anything: a CrossFit® space in a garage, a cycle studio in a large gym space, a Barre studio, or a boutique gym. You might need meditative music for focused yoga in one class, then high-energy rock that helps your clients push through five more reps in the next. Whatever your needs may be, this gym sound system bundle offers everything you need to fill your workout space with inspiring tunes.
It's cost-effective, easy to set up, and supported for life by our tech specialists. We've made it our business to understand what your business needs. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Plenty of power
The Crown XLS 2002 amplifier is the heart of your system. Whether it's the roar of an electric guitar or the trill of a flute, your music needs power for faithful reproduction and volume. This versatile amp is perfectly matched to the speakers we included in the bundle.
Speakers that rock
We included four JBL Control® 29AV speakers that will fill workout spaces large or small with motivating music. Each handles a robust 300 watts of continuous program power, so you can crank the volume when you need to. Each speaker has an 8" woofer for great bass response and solid mids, and a 1" titanium compression driver that can be rotated 90 degrees if you plan to mount the cabinet horizontally. They're also weather-resistant, so they'll work well at a swimming pool or in a hot yoga studio. JBL's included InvisiBall® mounting system lets you aim your speakers when you mount them.
The included Shure SCM262 mixer has plenty of inputs, so you can use your own music sources.
Connections for all your gear
The Shure SCM262 mixer lets you connect just about any music source you can think of. Plug a microphone into one of its mic inputs, and your trainers can be heard loud and clear as they lead classes. Each source has a dedicated volume control, so you can tailor the mix to individual preferences throughout the day.
Power protection and wiring included
The Furman SS-6B surge protector is more than just a "power strip." Sure, it lets you plug in all of your equipment in one place, but it also features protective circuitry that keeps your system from being damaged if the building's power supply fluctuates unexpectedly — think dimming, flickering, and power loss during thunderstorms. We've also thrown in all of the connecting cables and wires you'll need, so you can be up and running in no time.
The music source
Ask your Crutchfield Advisor about options for a music source. Our customers can get three months of free licensed music via our partnership with Rockbot. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact all performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get a free system design
- powerful, easy-to-use sound system lets you incorporate your own music into a workout space
Crown XLS 2002 Amplifier:
- 2-channel power amplifier
- provides up to 1050 watts of stereo power
- 19"W x 3-1/2"H x 10-3/4"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
4 JBL Control 29 AV Speakers:
- 8" Kevlar® woofer and 1" titanium compression driver
- 110° x 85° coverage with rotating horn
- each handles up to 300 watts continuous program power
- weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- built-in InvisiBall® mounting system allows vertical and horizontal rotation of speakers
- paintable powder-coated aluminum grille
- 12"W x 20-5/16"H x 11"D
- weight: 26.8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- 3 line-level stereo inputs and 2 mic inputs
- lets you combine music sources with instructor microphone (not included)
- individual volume control for each source
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Power and Wiring:
- all necessary wiring included
- Furman SS-6B features 6 AC outlets and protects your valuable equipment
- Hosa balanced 1/4" TRS male to XLR male cable x 2 connects mixer to amp
- Hosa minijack-to-RCA cable lets you use your smartphone as a source
- 500-foot spool of 14-gauge, 2-conductor speaker wire
What's in the box:
- The JBL Pro Gym Bundle includes four JBL Control 29 AV loudspeakers along with a Shure stereo mixer and a Crown power amplifier. Also included in the bundle are a Furman surge protector - Hosa cables and adapters - and one roll of Metra ethereal direct-burial speaker wire (all individually packaged).
- Each JBL Control 29 AV-1 speaker box includes:
- InvisiBall wall-mount plate
- Input panel cover
- 10" Allen key
- Two plastic bushings
- Two flat-washers
- Four 1/2" flat-head screws
- Owner's manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- The Shure mixer box includes:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
- The Crown XLS 2002 stereo amplifier box includes:
- Power amplifier
- 3' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Operation Manual
- The Furman SS-6B surge suppressor box includes:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- Each Hosa adapter package includes:
- 5' Balanced male 1/4" TRS to XLR3M interconnect cable
- The Hosa stereo breakout adapter package includes:
- 6' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- The Metra ethereal speaker wire package includes:
- 500' Spool of 14-gauge/2-conductor direct burial speaker wire (black jacket)
JBL Pro Gym Sound System Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Pro Gym Sound System Bundle
Overview: The JBL Pro Gym Bundle includes the following items:
- Four JBL Control 29 AV speakers
- Crown XLS 2002 power amplifier
- Shure SCM262 stereo mixer
- Furman SS-6B power strip surge suppressor
- Hosa 3.5mm-to-Dual RCA cable (6')
- Two Hosa 1/4"-to-XLR cables (5')
- Metra ethereal 14-2 direct-burial speaker wire (one 500' roll)
Warranty Information: The items in the JBL Pro Gym Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- JBL Control Speakers: 5 Years
- Crown Amp: 3 Years
- Shure: 1 Year
- Furman: 1 Year
- Hosa: Lifetime
- Metra: Lifetime
Overview: The JBL Control 29AV is a 70/100 volt speaker designed for commercial applications, both indoor and outdoor. Its improved voicing allows for an extremely flat response, high-fidelity, and extended bandwidth from an 8" Kevlar woofer and 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver, providing up to 110˚ of horizontal and 85˚ of vertical coverage. It can be run in either 70 or 100 volt applications and includes an 8Ω Thru setting as well. Other features include a highly weather-resistant enclosure, JBL's SonicGuard overload protection, and flexible mounting options.
Enclosure: Designed for indoor and outdoor use, the Control 29AV series speakers have been maximized for weather resistance. They feature a high-impact polystyrene enclosure along with a thermoset composite coated grill with foam lining to minimize water incursion. The woofer is made of Kevlar with a butyl rubber surround and the compression driver's diaphragm is made of pure titanium. Input terminals are nickel/zinc coated for rust-resistance and can have further protection from the included input terminal cover. The Control 29AV carries an IEC 529 IP-X4 splash-proof rating and exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature, and UV. It also passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray.
Mounting: JBL offers flexible mounting options for the Control 29AV speakers. Along with either vertical or horizontal surface mounting, the speaker can be wall or ceiling mounted using the included InvisiBall mounting hardware. The Control 29AV speakers have a removable rear socket cover allowing the ball of the mount to sit inside the speaker. The socket is then tightened, using the included 10" Allen key, via the access hole underneath the removable front grill emblem. The InvisiBall mount allows up to 41˚ of horizontal rotation and up to 36˚ of vertical rotation. For horizontal mounting, the high-frequency compression driver can be rotated 90˚ by removing and re-using the 12 mounting screws holding it in place. There are also ten 6mm attachment points around the speaker for suspension mounting and JBL's optional U-bracket.
70/100 Volt: The Control 29AV is designed primarily to be used in 70 and 100 volt applications, but also includes an 8 ohm bypass mode (Thru). Its top-quality, 110 watt, line distribution transformer is designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation. JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection offers full-range power limiting, to protect network and transducers, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound. A tap setting adjustment-screw on the back of the speaker allows for the following 70 and 100 volt wattage options:
- 70 V: 14, 28, 55, and 110 watts, Thru
- 100 V: 28, 55, and 110 watts, Thru
- Frequency Response:
- -10 dB: 37 Hz - 18 kHz
- +3 dB: 43 Hz - 15 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 118 dB (short term), 112 dB (long term)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Crossover Type: 3rd order high-pass, 2nd order low-pass with impedance compensation
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 110˚ Horizontal, 85˚ Vertical
- Low Frequency: 8 inch
- High Frequency: 1 inch
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 14, 28, 55, and 110 watts
- 100 V: 28, 55, and 110 watts
- Thru Position: 8Ω nominal
- Enclosure: High-impact polystyrene
- Grill: Thermoset composite coated steel
- Terminals: Terminal strip with set-screws, accepts up to 12 AWG wire
- Colors: Black or White
- Dimensions: Width - 12.0", Height - 20.50", Depth - 11.250"
- Net Weight: 26.8 lbs.
Overview: Crown's new XLS DriveCore 2 series of power amplifiers feature an upgraded look with a larger display. Like their predecessors, the new XLS amps are equipped with Crown's patented DriveCore technology. The XLS 2002 can drive your speakers with 2100 watts (at 4Ω bridged) of clean power with very low distortion.
DriveCore: DriveCore Technology seamlessly integrates the amplifier drive stage into the power output stage fusing everything into a chip the size of a dime. The foundational DriveCore circuitry is based on breakthroughs by Crown's own Gerald Stanley with five patents applying to the advanced feedback, modulation, and output stage technologies. DriveCore's front-end drive circuits leverage the inherent efficiency of Class D output stages while also maintaining superb sonic characteristics. The end result is an ultra-efficient one-piece audio amplifier circuit that exhibits the exemplary audio quality of a highly evolved Class AB design.
Power Rating: The Crown XLS 2002 can power 8Ω, 4Ω, or 2Ω loads, and can be bridged for 8Ω or 4Ω mono operation. The maximum average power in watts at 0.5% THD, 1 kHz is as follows:
|Impedance Load||Dual Mode (stereo)||Bridged Mode (mono)|
|2 ohm||1,050 watts||N/A|
|4 ohm||650 watts||2,100 watts|
|8 ohm||375 watts||1,300 watts|
PureBand Crossover System: The PureBand Crossover System in the XLS DriveCore 2 Series adds an enormous amount of flexibility and performance to any system. With this system, the crossover frequency is completely variable allowing the choice of any crossover point between 30Hz and 3kHz on 1/12th octave centers. The use of 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley filters provides steep slopes for a seamless transition between high and low drivers. You can choose from three filter types: Low Pass, High Pass, and Band Pass.
Peakx Limiters: Peakx Limiters provide the ultimate in performance and protection for your entire system. This advanced algorithm was specifically developed and tuned to work with this amplifier and power-supply to achieve higher SPL with less audible artifacts. This means less distortion, less shutdowns, and maximum safe power delivered to your speakers. The Peakx Limiters can be easily turned on or off by channel right from the front panel eliminating the need to be digging around in the back of the dark rack.
Inputs: The XLS DriveCore 2 Series amplifiers provide one balanced XLR, one 1/4", and one RCA connector per channel for flexible connectivity. The 1/4" inputs can be used as a loop-thru to distribute signal to additional amplifiers.
Outputs: The XLS DriveCore 2 Series amps feature two 4-Pole Speakon output connectors that will accept 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon connectors. The Channel 1 Speakon connector is wired for both channels so it can be used for bridged-mono wiring or for stereo wiring of two speakers to a single Speakon connector. There is also one pair of back-panel binding posts per channel that will accept banana plugs or bare wire.Level Controls: The amplifier's two channel outputs are equipped with independent Gain (Level) control. These front panel rotary controls let you raise or lower the gain as you view the LED indicators to provide an optimal signal to the amp.
LED Indicators: The power amplifier features ten LEDs (five for each output channel) to indicate status of amplifier:
- Single Presence: Two green LED's, one for each channel, illuminate when the channel input signal exceeds -40dBu.
- -10: Green LED flashes when output signal level exceeds -10dB below clip.
- -20: Green LED flashes when output signal level exceeds -20dB below clip.
- Clip: Two red LED's, one for each channel, illuminate when the channel's output is being overdriven.
- Thermal: Two red LED's, one for each channel, illuminate when thermal compression begins.
Main Menu: The amplifier's back-lit LCD screen allow you to navigate through the main menu and make adjustments to the amplifier right from the front panel:
- Amp Mode: Allows you to select one of three amplifier
- Stereo: Channels 1 and 2 function as independent amplifiers
- Bridge: The output is set into a bridge configuration
- Input-Y: Drives the two channels with the same input signal
- Crossover: Lets you select the filter type and frequency for each amplifier output channel. In Stereo or Input-Y mode, you will first be prompted to select which amp channel to set up. Once the channel has been selected, or if you are in Bridge Mode, you can choose from the following: Low Pass, Band Pass, or High Pass
- Input Sensitivity: Input Sensitivity enables you to set
the input sensitivity for the optimal system performance. You can choose
- .775V - High: For sources with inherently low output levels, select this mode to drive the amplifier to full power. Typically, sources that use the RCA connections require the High setting.
- 1.4V - Normal: For all other audio sources, the input sensitivity should be set to normal
- System Menu: The System Menu lets you select the
- Display Sleep: Sets the display to go into sleep mode after a predetermined idle time: 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, or sleep mode off.
- Lighting: Lets you toggle on or off the blue panel lights and the green signal level indicators. The thermal and clip indicators cannot be turned off.
- Security: Allows you to lock the menu buttons so that the settings cannot be disturbed once they have been set up.
- System Information: Lets you access additional information, such as the model number, internal temperatures and voltages, firmware version, etc.
- Factory Reset: Lets you reset the amplifier to the factory default settings. This allows you to start your setup from the beginning, if you desire.
Flow-Through & Forced-Air Cooling: The XLS DriveCore 2 Series amplifiers employ flow-through, front-to-back ventilation and internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation.
Aux Connector: A 3-pin Aux connector on the rear panel lets you remotely trigger sleep mode through a contact closure on pins 1 and 2. An amp status signal is available on pin 3.
Specifications: The Crown XLS 2002 DriveCore 2 series amplifier has the following specifications:
- Sensitivity: 0.775Vrms or 1.4Vrms (selectable)
- Frequency Response: +0dB, -1dB (at 1W, 20Hz to 20kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >103dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.5%
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.3% (60Hz and 7kHz at 4:1, full rated output to -30dB)
- Damping Factor: >200 (8Ω, 10Hz-400Hz)
- Crosstalk: >85dB (at 1kHz), >55dB (at 20kHz)
- Width: 19"
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 12" (including protrusions)
- Weight: 10.8 pounds
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
Left Output Mic/Line
Right Output Mic/Line
Mic 1 Ducking
Mic 2 Ducking
Stereo 3 Jukebox mute
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Metra ethereal Direct-Burial Speaker Wire:
- Rating: CL3-rated for in-wall or outdoor installation
- Gauge: 14 AWG
- Conductors: 2
- Wire Construction: Oxygen Free Copper
- Jacket: Flexible black jacket
- Length: 500' roll
1 question already asked