About the Jamo JL4810/JDA500
A whole-yard sound system
Stake-mounted speakers and a partial-burial subwoofer can hide away in your landscaping.
A whole-yard sound system
This powerful all-in-one sound system brings your favorite tunes to the yard or patio, where outdoor fun happens. It includes a 10" burial-ready subwoofer that can hit the low notes, eight stake-mounted speakers that can hide away in the landscaping, and a rugged power amplifier that's designed specifically to match the speakers.
More about the amp
The JDA-500 amplifier is a perfect match for the speaker system. It provides exactly the right amount of power, and the unit's digital signal processing (DSP) has been preconfigured to provide the best possible sound with this outdoor speaker setup.
On the back of the amplifier, you'll find plenty of inputs and outputs, including four balanced inputs with 12-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock, four speaker-level outputs with 8-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock, four unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, and four unbalanced RCA line-level outputs.
Easy on the ears
"I had the pleasure of hearing this system outside at Crutchfield HQ recently. I've heard many an outdoor speaker demo, and this one was remarkable. For starters, the sound was huge — especially coming from such compact satellite speakers and one small sub. There was an effortlessness to this system which made it fun to crank up. It would be absolutely perfect for folks who like to host outdoor parties, because the music feels like it's coming from all around you."
-Jim Ralston, Crutchfield editor
- all-in-one outdoor sound system with eight stake-mount speakers, partial-burial subwoofer, and power amplifier
- warranty: 1 year speakers, 5 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
8 JL-4 Satellite Speakers:
- 4" long-throw aluminum full-range driver
- weather-resistant, UV-resistant ABS enclosure with aluminum grille
- mount on included ground stakes for a variety of placement options
- frequency response 115-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- 5-1/4"W x 4-1/8"H x 5-11/16"D each
- weight: 5 lbs. each
- 10" long-throw IMG woofer
- heavy-duty polyethylene cabinet with rustproof aluminum canopy
- designed for partial burial
- frequency response: 47-103 Hz (±3dB)
- 16-1/8" diameter x 21-7/8" height
- weight: 35 lbs.
- 4 x 125-watt amplifier
- Class G/H design
- four balanced inputs with 12-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock
- four unbalanced RCA line-level inputs
- four speaker-level outputs with 8-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock
- four unbalanced RCA line-level outputs for daisy-chaining multiple amps
- 6-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock service port
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for connecting to a laptop or router
- built-in digital signal processing (DSP) is factory preconfigured for this specific speaker system
- access DSP wirelessly with a tablet, smartphone, or computer (amp must be connected to your wireless router via Ethernet)
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 14-5/16"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 15 lbs.
What's in the box:
- The Jamo Landscape Speaker / Amplifier bundle consists of the Jamo JL-4810 speaker system and the Jamo JDA-500 PC power amplifier (both individually packaged).
- The JL-4810 box includes:
- Eight individually packaged JL-4 satellite speakers w/attached 16" wiring (each includes 4 wire-nuts and an owner's manual)
- Eight individually packaged JGS-10 10" ground stakes (each box includes a ground plate and a 2mm Allen key)
- One JL-10SW subwoofer w/attached 24" wiring (includes 4 wire-nuts and an owner's manual)
- The JDA-500 amplifier box includes:
- 8' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 4 Rubber feet w/3M adhesive backing
- Owner's manual
- Warranty sheet
More details on the Jamo JL4810/JDA500
Features & specs
|Woofer Composition||Not given|
|Woofer Surround||Not given|
|Power Range (watts)||20/100|
|Frequency Response||39-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Bare wire loom|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Bundle Overview: The Jamo Landscape Speaker System consists of the 9-piece JL-4810 speaker system and the Jamo JDA-500 matching amplifier.
Warranty Information: The Jamo products are covered by the full manufacturer's warranty for the following terms:
- Speakers: 5 Years
- Amplifier: 1 Year
Overview: The Jamo JL-4810 Landscape System is an all-in-one, high performance outdoor audio speaker set that includes eight JL-4 satellite speakers and a JL-10SW subwoofer, all designed to blend seamlessly into your outdoor area while providing clear, powerful sound. The speaker system can be run in either a 70/100 volt or 8 ohm configuration and are most efficient when used with the Jamo JDA-500 amplifier. This amp includes built-in DSP presets which provide the most optimized power and acoustic performance for the JL-4810 speaker system.
JL-4 Satellites: The included JL-4 outdoor speakers consist of a 4" long-throw aluminum driver housed in a UV-resistant fiberglass filled ABS cabinet with an aluminum grill. The speakers can deliver detailed, dynamic sound while providing all-weather capability with an IP45 outdoor rating. They can be run in either an 8 ohm configuration or a 70 volt system providing 25 watts of output power with its built-in transformer. The included JGS-10 ground stakes use an easy twist-lock system for attaching to the speakers and include an M2 set-screw to keep them locked in place. The ground stakes allow the speakers to sit at ground level, making them easier to conceal and blend in with the environment.
JL-10SW Subwoofer: The JL-10SW landscape subwoofer uses the same high performance acoustic design as Jamo's indoor products, providing powerful, detailed sound for your outdoor living space. The subwoofer is comprised of a long-throw 10" IMG woofer housed in a high-impact polyethylene enclosure with a rustproof aluminum top-cap. It's half-burial design allows it to have the large enclosure necessary for low extension, yet be easily concealed. Like the JL-4 satellites, the subwoofer also carries an IP45 outdoor rating. The JL-10SW can be wired conventionally, in either a 4 ohm mono or 8 ohm stereo mode, or it can be used in a 70/100 volt system. Since transformers severely limit a subwoofer's low frequency capabilities, the JL-10SW uses a transformerless dual voice-coil design for 70/100 volt operation.
- JL-4 Satellites: Diameter - 4.08", Length - 5.67", Height - 5.22" (above ground level when installed) / 6.0" (to bottom of attached base)
- JL-10SW: Diameter - 12.38" (Body) / 16.125" (Top), Height - 21.88", Height (above ground when installed) - approx. 12.0"
- JGS-10 Ground Stakes: Diameter (top) - 2.38", Length - 10.50"
- Frequency Response: 39Hz - 20kHz
- System Sensitivity: 89dB (2.83V @ 1 m)
- Power Handling:
- JL-4: 20W / 50W peak
- JL-10SW: 100W / 200W peak
- JL-4 70V Transformer: 25W
- JL-4: 4" Long-throw aluminum full-range driver
- JL-10SW: 10" Long-throw IMG woofer
- JL-4: Glass fiber filled ABS, aluminum grill
- Jl-10SW: Aluminum top, PE cabinet
- JL-4: Satin gun metal paint
- JL-10SW: Gloss metallic gun metal
- JL-4: 5.0 lbs.
- JL-10SW: 35.0 lbs.
Overview: The Jamo JDA-500 is a 4 channel amplifier offering 125 watts of class G/H power per channel for a 500 watt total. Designed specifically to drive Jamo's JL-4810S Landscape Speaker System, the JDA-500 can be wired for standard 4/8 ohm operation or for 70/100 volt distributed line applications. It's housed in a durable 19" case that's 1 rack unit high, making it perfect for rack mounting.
Wiring: The JDA-500 features 4 input channels that can be fully matrixed to any of the 4 output channels. Inputs include 4 Unbalanced jacks (RCA) as well as four Balanced 3-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors. Four unbalanced RCA Line Outs (pass-thru) are provided for daisy-chaining the input signals to multiple amps. The 4 speaker outputs are grouped onto two 4-pin Phoenix connectors, each with two channels, that can accommodate up to 12 ga. wire. The speaker outputs can be wired for 4/8 ohm or 70/100 volt configurations.
DSP: Configuration of the JDA-500 amp is all done through a web-based, easy to use menu that can be accessed either from a computer plugged into the rear-panel Ethernet (RJ-45) jack, or from a computer, tablet, or smartphone on a Wi-Fi network, as long as the amplifier has an Ethernet connection directly to the network's router (The JDA-500 has no built-in Wi-Fi capability). Along with I/O configuration, the DSP offers password protected Channel Assignments, Gain settings, EQ, and Limiting. The DSP also provides presets for almost every Jamo speaker on the market, giving optimized acoustic performance and power handling to these speakers with a single mouse-click.
Indicators: The amplifier's front panel includes a strip of 5 LED indicators. The Power LED will light solid blue when the unit is on, solid red when in standby mode, and off when the amp is powered off. A bank of 4 LEDs display the status of each of the input channels:
- Off: No signal is detected.
- Green: Signal detected.
- Red: Signal is clipping.
- Flashing Red: Amp is in protection mode, including thermal and overload protection.
- Amplifier Type: High efficiency class G/H
- Amplifier Power: 4 x 125 watts per channel, 500 watts total power
- Balanced: 4 Phoenix line level
- Unbalanced: 4 x RCA line level
- Speaker: Two 4-pin Phoenix connectors
- Pass-Thru: 4 RCA line level
- Input Sensitivity: 750 mV balanced, 0 dBU
- Input Impedance: Balanced 40k
- THD: <1% @ rated output
- Signal to Noise: -100 dB below rated power
- Front Face: ABS plastic
- Case: Machine formed steel
- Dimensions: Width 19.0", Height 1.75", Depth 18.0" (w/power cord)
- Weight: 15 lbs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?