About the Alpine Bluetooth® Package
Add the convenience of hands-free calling to your compatible 2008 Alpine in-dash receiver. This package includes Alpine's KCE-400BT Bluetooth adapter, along with a KWE-460E cable that allows you to connect the adapter to your 2008 receiver.
Powered by Parrot, the KCE-400BT Bluetooth® adapter lets you answer incoming calls, place outgoing calls, and scroll through your phone book entries all without ever touching your Bluetooth phone. In fact, once the system is set up, you can leave your phone in your pocket or purse when you get in the car it connects automatically when you turn on your stereo.
When a call comes in, your stereo mutes the music and you'll hear the caller over your speakers. The included microphone uses Active Echo Cancellation technology to ensure that you'll be heard loud and clear on the other end.
Note: Compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- Bluetooth interface adapter for 2008 Alpine stereos
- includes KWE-460E adapter cable
- send and receive calls with the stereo's controls (includes microphone)
- supports music streaming
- Active Echo Cancellation technology ensures noise-free conversations
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains two separate items: The Alpine KCE-400BT Bluetooth adapter and the Alpine KWE-460E Adapter cable
- The KCE-400BT box contains:
- Bluetooth interface module
- Microphone with attached 13' cable terminated by a 2-pin connector
- 6.5' DIN cable with a proprietary 13-pin connector on each end
- 6.5' Power/Ground harness with a 4-pin molex plug on one end and male and female bullet-connectors on other end
- Visor clip
- Self-adhesive foam pad
- 2 Strips of Velcro
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration Card
- Customer note
- The KWE-460E package contains:
- 6.5' Interconnect cable with a proprietary connector on each end
- Connection sheet
Alpine Bluetooth® Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine Bluetooth® Package
Overview: Using the Alpine KCE-400BT and KWE-460E enables your Bluetooth compatible cell phone to sync up with select 2008 Alpine Bluetooth ready head-unit. You get full on-screen control and full hands-free functionality from your Bluetooth compatible cell phone. The package includes a microphone and the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a wireless technology allowing communication between a mobile device over short distances. This enables a hands-free call or data transmission between Bluetooth compatible devices. Bluetooth transmission is available in the unlicensed 2.4GHz spectrum if the distance between devices is within 33 feet (10 meters).
Bluetooth Compatibility: The KCE-400BT supports Bluetooth version 2.0 and the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- HFP: Hands Free Profile
- HSP: Head Set Profile
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
- AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile
Compatibility: The KCE-400BT/KWE-460E combination is compatible with the following 2008 Alpine Bluetooth-ready headunits:
- CDE Series: 9872, 9874, 9880R, 9882Ri
- CDA Series: 9886, 9887
- iDA-X: Series: 001, 100, 200, 300
- IVA-W Series: 202, 203, 205, 502, 505
- IVA-D Series: 105, 106
Note: This package does not allow you to update the KCE-400BT.
Phone Compatibility: The Alpine KCE-400BT is powered by Parrot for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth enabled cell phones. The KCE-400BT supports select Apple, AU, BenQ-Siemens, Blackberry, and Casio Bluetooth enabled cell phones. New software can be downloaded and installed via Bluetooth connection to your laptop to support future cell phone models.
Note: Not all Bluetooth-capable phones will be compatible.
Pairing: The KCE-400BT can be paired to up to five Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time).
Bluetooth Phone Operation: The KCE-400BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing and auto answer with compatible phones. You can make a phone call from a contact listed in your phone book using any 2009 Alpine Bluetooth ready head-unit's user interface. You can even use direct 12-key dialing from 2009 Alpine Bluetooth ready multimedia head-unit's with touch screen controls:
- Placing Calls: the KCE-400BT provides
a variety of functions for placing a phone call without
touching your mobile phone:
- Redial: press the phone button within 5 seconds of ending a call
- Call History: the 10 previously dialed, received or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory
- Phonebook: up to 1,000 entries can be downloaded from your phone
- Voice Dialing: if you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact just by speaking the name of your contact
- Direct Dial: direct 12-key dialing from a 2009 Alpine Bluetooth ready multimedia head-unit's touch screen
- Receiving Calls: the KCE-400BT provides
a couple ways to answer your phone calls without picking up
your mobile phone; incoming call are announced by the received
call ring tone through your vehicle's speakers and a displayed
message (Caller name/Phone No.) across your Alpine headunit's
- Manual Answer: manually answer an incoming call by pressing the Phone button on your Alpine headunit
- Automatic Answer: set your Alpine headunit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after about 5 seconds
Note: Display of Phonebook, Received Calls, Missed Calls and Dialed Calls varies from phone to phone and by your service provider.
Microphone: The supplied microphone allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free. The microphone comes with a visor clip for mounting purposes. The microphone measures 0.5625" in diameter and 1.375" long. The microphone has an attached 13' cable which plugs into the Bluetooth interface module. The microphone's volume can be adjusted from 0-15.
Echo Cancellation: The KCE-400BT's Active Echo Cancellation technology ensures the highest-quality, noise-free sound when you are on the phone.
Mute: When you make or receive a call, the audio from the stereo is muted. When using the Bluetooth interface, no other device can be used with the mute (interrupt) function.
Speaker Output: You can select which connected speakers in your vehicle to output the sound signal of your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front Left/Right. You can also adjust the volume level of a received call.
Bluetooth Streaming Audio: Listen to songs stored on your phone through your Alpine sound system with Streaming Audio support (A2DP or AVRCP). You can even get on-screen song info, play/pause, and track up/down functions on AVRCP enabled phones:
- A2DP: allows you to listen to the music from your cell phone and displays basic song information on-screen, such as title and artist
- AVRCP: allows you to listen to the music from your cell phone with basic control such as play/pause and track up/down of the music on your cell phone
iPod Pass-Through: Although the KWE-460 uses the iPod Full Speed jack on the head unit, a second Full Speed jack on the interface allows connection of your iPod to your Alpine headunit using the optional KCE-433iV cable (item number 500KCE433i, sold separately).