About the Smart LED Light Strip Kit
Accent lighting made easy
Accent lighting made easy
I recently added a set of LED strip lights under the shelves in my library so that I could see my turntable a little better. But I found it annoying to constantly reach behind some books to turn them on. So I plugged the light strip into a smart plug, and now I can control them with an app. Even better — I can use my voice, thanks to the plug's compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices.
And to save you the trouble I went through, we've gone ahead and bundled a set of LED strip lights with a smart plug. This set includes a four 20-inch LED strips backed with 3M adhesive for easy installation. We paired the lights with a compact Samsung SmartThings Wifi Smart Plug to give you easy app control with convenient setup options. This bundle is a great way to brighten up the dark recesses of your kitchen counter or bookshelves.
- bundle includes one Samsung SmartThings Wifi Smart Plug and one Metra Helios Cabinet and Shelf LED kit
Samsung SmartThings Wifi Smart Plug:
- switch plugs into standard AC wall outlet
- offers remote control of connected lights, electronics, and small appliances with free SmartThings mobile app
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK)
- optional SmartThings hub allows more extensive automated routines with a wider range of SmartThings devices
- compact design doesn't block other outlets
- lets you monitor energy usage
- compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Bixby for voice control
- manual power button on the side
- 2-11/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-1/8"D
- weight: 2.56 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
Metra Helios Cabinet and Shelf LED Strip Light kit:
- adds warm white lighting under shelves or cabinets
- the included 3M adhesive tape on the back lets you attach it to any solid surface
- includes four 20-inch strips
- strips do not connect to each other
- each strip connects to a power splitter which connects to the included 12V power supply
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This LED Light Kit includes 2 individually packaged items:
- Metra Helios LED Light Strips:
- Four 20" LED strips w/ 3M adhesive backing
- Four 80" connecting cables (female DC plug on one end / female LED connector on other end)
- 15.5" 4-Way DC splitter cable (single female DC plug to 4 male DC plugs)
- Push-button power switch (attached 5" DC input&output cables)
- Switch mounting base
- AC Power supply w/attached 44" DC cable (12VDC/1.5A output)
- Two 22mm screws
- Four 10mm screws
- Alcohol prep pad
- Samsung Wi-Fi Smart Outlet:
- Wi-Fi smart plug
- Adhesive-backed QR codes
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Smart LED Light Strip Kit
Kit Overview: The Under Cabinet LED Light Kit includes the Metra Helios LED Strip Light kit, with four 20" LED lighting strips, and a Samsung Wi-Fi Smart Outlet, letting you control the LED Light Kit from your Wi-Fi connected smartphone or tablet.
Strip Light Overview: The Helios (Metra) LED Strip Light Kit contains four 20" lighting strips with warm white LEDs that can be used in a wide variety of applications, such as lighting stereo and equipment racks, kitchen cabinets, shelving, or any area where discreet lighting is desired.
Power&Control: The Helios LED Strip Light Kit includes an AC power supply, a 15.5" splitter cable, and four 80" power cables, one for each LED light strip. A small push-button On/Off switch and mounting hardware are provided.
Mounting: Each LED strip can be cut to fit, using the provided cutting location markers, and includes a full length 3M adhesive backing for easy attachment to most surfaces.
Outlet Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Wi-Fi Smart Plug is a Wi-Fi-enabled plug-in AC outlet that allows you to turn electronic devices on or off using your smartphone or tablet. Using your existing home Wi-Fi network (IEEE 802.11ac, 2.4GHz or 5GHz) the Smart Plug lets you control the LED Strip Lights and can be used for other devices such as a TV, lamp, fan, heater, stereo, or small appliance. The Wi-Fi Smart Plug simply plugs into any wall outlet in your home, and has a single standard AC outlet for plugging in the device you want to control. From the SmartThings app, you can turn the device on or off remotely, or set a schedule.
Note: The Smart Plug is rated at: Input: 120VAC / 60Hz / 15A; Output: 120VAC / 15A max / 1800W (resistive)
SmartThings App: The ability to control the devices using the Smart Plug comes through the SmartThings app. Setup is easy through the intuitive step-by-step process. Adhesive-backed QR codes are provided to make setup even easier. The app allows you to control plugs individually, or in groups. You can also reduce energy by automatically powering off specific plugs when you're away. The app is compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices (version varies with device).
Digital Assistant: The SmartThings Wi-Fi Smart Plug can also respond to voice commands through your favorite digital assistant. Just ask Alexa, Google Assistant, or Bixby to turn your light, small appliance, or electronic device on or off.
Stacking Option: The Wi-Fi Smart Plug is only 1.5" in height, which allows you to use two Smart Plugs in a standard, single-gang wall outlet. The width of the Smart Plug is the same width as a standard-sized wall outlet cover.