About the Philips Hue Lucca Porch Light Kit
A warm welcome
A warm welcome
Coming home to a dark house is no fun. Create a warm welcome for yourself and your guests with this Hue lighting kit. It includes the stylish outdoor Lucca light, a Hue wireless bridge, and an outdoor motion sensor. The sleek, weather-resistant wall sconce must be hardwired to an outdoor junction box, but the included smart bulb is replaceable.
This Lucca kit is an attractive way to add smart lighting to your porch.
The brains of the system
To get up and running, connect the included bridge to your wireless router using the supplied Ethernet cable, and plug it into a power outlet. This hub is what allows you to schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home using the Hue mobile app. You don't even have to be home to do it.
You can use the included battery-powered motion sensor to trigger your new porch light or any other Hue lighting you want. And the sensor comes with versatile mounting gear, so you can set it up almost anywhere around your home's exterior.
You also get to choose what happens when it stops detecting motion. You can have the lights stay on by selecting “do nothing.” Or you can save energy by having them dim and then turn off. Motion sensitivity is adjustable so if wandering neighborhood pets are turning on the lights, you can turn down the sensitivity. They can probably see just fine in the dark anyway.
Control it with your voice
You can also control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Lucca wall light works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
- includes Lucca outdoor light fixture, outdoor motion sensor, and a wireless bridge
- control remotely with the free Philips Hue mobile app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
Philips Hue Lucca outdoor light fixture:
- weatherproof outdoor light fixture designed to illuminate entryways
- includes Philips Hue A19/E26 white LED smart bulb
- mounts to a 4" square or octagonal junction box
- designed for hardwiring into your home's AC power
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- adjustable brightness up to 840 lumens
- rated at 9.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- 6-3/4"W x 4-11/16"H x 8-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
Outdoor motion sensor:
- weather-resistant sensor triggers your Philips Hue lights when motion is detected
- use the mobile app to select which scene or light setting is triggered
- you can select different settings for day and night
- motion sensitivity is adjustable
- integrated daylight sensor so your lights only turn on when needed
- light sensitivity is adjustable in app
- can be mounted on walls, fences, posts, and poles
- mounting components included for inner or outer corner installations
- IP54-rated for weather resistance
- powered by two "AA" batteries (included)
- 3"W x 3"H x 2-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- connects to your router via Ethernet cable
- enables wireless remote control of your smart lighting system with the Philips Hue app
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 3-9/16"W x 3-9/16"W x 1-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Philips Hue Lucca Porch Light Kit consists of the Lucca Outdoor Lantern along with an outdoor motion/light sensor and the Hue Bridge (Gen 2) -- all packaged separately.
- The Lucca Outdoor Lantern box includes:
- Lucca Outdoor lantern
- White A19 bulb (installed)
- Metal swivel mounting plate
- Two M4 x 35mm bolts
- Two M4 cap nuts
- T-10 Torx key
- User Manual (A)
- Safety Instructions (B)
- Wire Connectors Instructions (C)
- White A19 bulb spec sheet
- Get Started with Philips Hue
- The Philips Hue Motion/Light Sensor box includes:
- Outdoor motion/light sensor
- Wall mount bracket
- Corner mount
- 2 Mounting screws (Length=1-3/8")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- M4 x 8mm screw
- Installation instructions
- The Philips Hue Bridge (Gen 2) box includes:
- Hue Bridge (Gen 2)
- AC adapter with attached 70" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- US 2-pronged adapter
- 39" Ethernet cable (RJ45 plugs on each end)
- World of Hue booklet
- Operating Instructions
- AC plug instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Lucca Porch Light Kit
Bundle Overview: The Philips Hue Lucca Porch Light Kit bundles together three Philips Hue items that help to light the way to your entry doors: the Lucca Outdoor Wall Lantern, an Outdoor Sensor, and the 2nd Generation Hue Bridge. To control the light or set light schedules, the lantern's bulb can be paired to the included Hue Bridge, which can control up to 50 Philips Hue lights and fixtures. In addition, the Outdoor Sensor can turn the light on or off when triggered by motion or ambient light levels.
Hue Compatible Products: The Lucca Outdoor Wall Lantern not only works within the Philips Hue universe, but is compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. The Philips Hue app pairs with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings. Within the full Hue Lighting System, the app lets you set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Note: The Lantern, Outdoor Sensor, and Bridge are not compatible with the Hue Bluetooth App.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Lantern Overview: The Lucca Outdoor Wall Lantern is a modern styled outdoor light fixture made of sturdy black aluminum that'll last for years. The fixture has an IP44 waterproof rating, with protection from splashed water, and against objects bigger than 1 mm. The cylindrical-shaped fixture is 6-3/4" wide, 4-5/8" high, 8-5/8" deep, and weighs around 2 pounds. If desired, you can exchange the bulb for a Hue White Ambiance or White and Color Ambiance bulb, and vary the color or color temperature in the Philips Hue app. The Lucca Outdoor Wall Lantern should be mounted to a 4" square or octagonal junction box and hardwired to your home's AC power.
Light Bulb Specifications:
- Form Factor: A19
- Screw Base: Edison E26
- Wattage Rating: 9.5 watts
- Light Output: 840 lumens
- Incandescent Equivalent: 60 watt bulb
- Color Temperature: Warm White (2700 Kelvin)
- Estimated Lifetime: 25,000 hours / 50,000 switch cycles
Outdoor Sensor: The Philips Hue Outdoor Sensor (#541730) is a weatherproof motion sensor that is used to trigger your lights. It can be used indoors or outdoors, and is powered by two AA batteries (included). The Outdoor Sensor not only detects motion within its range, but it also detects light and dark. The Outdoor Sensor pairs with the Hue Bridge and sends detection signals wirelessly to the Bridge to turn lights on or off, as programmed in the Philips Hue app. The Outdoor Sensor comes with a wall mount, corner mount, and mounting hardware. Dimensions: Width 3.002", Height 2.999", Depth 2.19".
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Outdoor Sensor operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices throughout your home.
App Compatibility: When the Outdoor Sensor is programmed through the app, it can turn on lights inside or outside your home when motion is detected, or turn lights on or off at dawn or dusk.
Power: The sensor is powered by two AA batteries (installed). The batteries have an estimated life of at least 2 years.
Coverage: The Outdoor Sensor has a wide angle motion detection range. When mounted between 5' and 8.25' (1.5 to 2.5 meters) above the floor or ground, it has a range of approximately 26 to 39 feet (8 to 12 meters). It has a wide viewing angle of 160° horizontally and 80° vertically.
Weatherproof: The Outdoor Sensor has an IP54 rating which means it protected from splashing water and dust, allowing you to mount the device outdoors in the weather without worry.
Installation: The Outdoor Sensor can be mounted on a flat wall or an internal or external corner using the included mounts. Mounting screws and wall anchors are included.
Overview: The Philips Hue Bridge is the central part of the Philips Personal Wireless Lighting system. When used with Philips Hue light bulbs and the Philips Hue app, you can control the lights in your home wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. You can set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 products that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Mounting: The Hue bridge can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band, and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 2A DC output.