About the Mackie Thump15A Speaker Bundle
All you need in one thumping package
All you need in one thumping package
Whether you're a coffeehouse musician, aspiring DJ, standup comic, or motivational speaker, you want the right gear for playing to an audience. The Mackie Thump15A's a robust, full-featured powered speaker that can bring life to your tunes or voice without a complicated setup. This bundle also includes speaker stands and cables to help get your show on the road.
Mackie Thump15A powered speakers
The Mackie Thump15A powered speaker uses a built-in Class D power amplifier to send 1000 watts to its 15" woofer and 300 watts to its horn-loaded tweeter, for a 127 dB maximum SPL. The built-in time alignment and crossover circuitry result in maximum performance from the two drivers. The Thump15A features a 2-channel input mixer with independent volume controls, so you won't need a separate mixer if you don't need more than two inputs. The mixer features Mackie's super-quiet Vita™ preamps with Wide-Z™ technology that allows them to handle microphone, instrument, and line-level signals. An XLR output provides the mixed signal so you can daisy-chain additional speakers for larger events.
Control your sound
You can set the EQ contour of your Thump15A for four different applications:
- Music — when playing back recordings
- Live — when reinforcing a band
- Monitor — when used as a floor wedge
- Sub — when used with a subwoofer, like the Mackie Thump 18S (not included)
The Thump15A's tough polypropylene cabinet includes four handles for portability and a perforated metal grille to protect the speaker. Using the included pole insert, you can mount this Thump speaker on a tripod stand or on a speaker pole mounted over a powered sub.
Speaker stands set the sound stage higher
Gator Frameworks speaker stands adjust from 48" to 81" high, and they'll hold a load of up to 125 pounds. This package includes a carrying bag that holds both stands.
XLR cables for easy connection
Whirlwind's Connect XLR cables' quality is illustrated by their lifetime warranty. They'll hook you up for a long time, and you get two 25-foot cables to connect your Thump speakers to your mixer.
Two Mackie Thump15A Powered Speakers:
- 15" high-output woofer and 1.4" titanium dome compression driver
- bi-amplified with 1300 watts total power: 1000 watts to woofer, 300 watts to tweeter
- 2-channel input mixer (combo XLR/TRS) with input and master volume controls
- mix output (XLR)
- selectable speaker modes: Music, Live, Monitor, Sub
- polypropylene enclosure with weather-resistant perforated metal grille
- dimensions: 17-1/2"W x 27-1/4"H x 14"D
- weight: 34.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
Two Gator Frameworks Speaker Stands:
- adjust from 48" to 81" high
- load capacity: 125 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
Two Whirlwind Connect "MIC" Series XLR Cables:
- 25-foot length
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Mackie Thump 15A Speaker Bundle consists of two Mackie Thump 15A powered speakers with a pair of Gator Frameworks speaker stands and two 25' Whirlwind XLR connecting cables (all individually packaged).
- The Mackie Thump 15A speaker boxes include:
- 76" Power cord (3-Pin IEC plug)
- Quick start guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Germ)
- The Frameworks GFW-SPK-2000SET speaker stand box includes:
- 2 Adjustable tripod speaker stands
- Carry bag
- Each Whirlwind XLR cable box includes:
- 25' Mic cable (w/ a male XLR connector on one end and a female XLR connector on other end)
- Hook-and-loop cable tie
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie Thump15A Speaker Bundle
Overview: The Mackie Thump 15A Speaker Bundle includes the following items:
- 2 Mackie Thump 15A 15" powered speakers
- Gator Frameworks tripod speaker stands (pair)
- Two 25' Whirlwind XLR cables
Warranty Information: The items in the Mackie Thump 15A Speaker Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Mackie: 1 Year
- Gator Frameworks: 3 Years
- Whirlwind: Lifetime
Overview: The Mackie Thump15A is a portable powered loudspeaker, designed for DJs and live performances; featuring a durable, lightweight molded enclosure, a rugged powder coated steel grill, and two full-grip side handles, plus top and bottom lift pockets. The 2-way speaker design is comprised of a 15" low frequency driver and a 1.4" titanium dome compression driver, with up to 1300 Watts peak power available. A built-in 2 channel mixer, with level adjustments for each input, can handle both mic and line inputs and includes an XLR pass-through to daisy-chain multiple speakers. Other useful features include a 4-positon Speaker Mode switch, which provides four preset EQ curves, and a built-in limiting circuit to help protect the speaker from distortion and over-excursion of the drivers.
Inputs/Outputs: The Thump15A has two input jacks that can accommodate either balanced XLR's or unbalanced 1/4" TRS connections. A balanced XLR Mix out jack is provided to send the mixed signal, of inputs 1 and 2, out to another amp/amplified speaker. Both inputs have their own rotary gain control, that can accept a wide range of signal levels, and include marked settings for both Line and Mic inputs. A Main level control adjusts the overall volume.
Speaker Modes: Four Speaker Modes are available to tailor the sound for the room or application.
Music: This is a full range EQ curve with boosted levels in the high and low frequency ranges.
Live: This mode features a low frequency roll-off, to get rid of unwanted thumps, and adds boost to mid-range and high frequencies.
Monitor: This setting has low frequency roll-off and a reduction around 2 kHz to ensure maximum gain before feedback when using the speaker as a monitor.
Sub: This mode rolls off the low end to the Thump15A drivers, but still outputs low frequencies from the Mix Out jack to run to a subwoofer.
Power: Total output power is 1300 Watts divided between the two driver amps, with the low frequency amp providing up to 1000 Watts to the woofer and the high frequency amp providing up to 300 Watts to the tweeter.
Placement: The Thump15A's flexible design allows it to sit upright or on its side at a 45° angle, as a stage monitor. It also includes a built-in socket on the bottom of the cabinet allowing the speaker to be pole/tripod mounted. When sitting upright, the speaker provides a coverage angle of 90° horizontally and 60° vertically.
Note: These speakers are not designed for rigging or "flying" and have no rigging points installed.
Protection Circuitry: All of the Thump line loudspeakers include various protection features. These include; a dynamic bass response circuit, which provides optimal low frequency response regardless of overall output level, a limiting circuit to protect it from damaging transient signal peaks, and a sub-sonic filter, prior to the amplifier, that prevents ultra-low frequencies from being amplified. An LED on the rear panel will light when limiting takes place.
- Peak Power: 1300 Watts (1000W low amp/300W high amp)
- Frequency Range: 32Hz - 23kHz
- Maximum SPL: 127 dB SPL
- Crossover: 24 dB/Octave
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Inputs: 2 Female combo XLR (balanced)/1/4" TRS (unbalanced)
- Mix Output: Male XLR (balanced)
- Input Impedance: 8 kΩ - balanced, 1 MΩ - unbalanced
- Mix Out Impedance: 600 Ω balanced
- Input Sensitivity: +4 dBu/+18 dBu/-35 dBu (dependent on input gain setting)
- Input Power: 100 - 250 VAC, 50 - 60Hz, 75W
- Material: Textured Polypropylene
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Width 17.50", Height 27.250", Depth 14.0"
- Weight: 34.8 lbs.
Gator Frameworks Stands: The Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-2000SET includes a pair of adjustable lightweight speaker stands and a zippered fabric carrying bag. Each stand has a dual diameter inner tube for 35mm and 38mm speaker mounts. The speaker stands have a weight capacity of up to 60 pounds, with a wide tripod base for extra stability. The stands have a height adjustment from 48" to 81". They weigh approximately 13 pounds each.
Whirlwind Connect Series Cables: The Whirlwind MIC25 XLR cable is part of the MIC series that offers great value. The cable has a black PVC jacket with polyethylene insulation, and is terminated with male and female XLR connectors. It comes with a hook-and-loop cable tie to keep them neat for storage. These imported cables are available in four lengths: 3', 10', 25', and 50'. This cable is 25' in length.