About the Mackie Thump15BST Speaker Bundle
One package for powerful wireless sound
One package for powerful wireless sound
Mackie's Thump15BST powered speaker is perfect for today's on-the-go entertainer — plenty of juice to reach an audience, with the added convenience of Bluetooth for wireless connectivity so you can use your phone or tablet as an audio source. This bundle also includes speaker stands and cables to give your presentation a leg up over the competition.
Mackie Thump15BST powered speakers with Bluetooth
The Mackie Thump15BST uses a built-in Class D power amplifier to send 1000 watts to its 15" woofer and 300 watts to its horn-loaded tweeter, for a 127 dB maximum SPL. The built-in time alignment and crossover circuitry result in maximum performance from the two drivers. The 3-channel mixer (2 combo XLR/TRS inputs plus a stereo Bluetooth input) features Mackie's super-quiet Vita™ preamps with Wide-Z™ technology that allows them to handle microphone, instrument, and line-level signals. An XLR output provides the mixed signal so you can daisy-chain additional speakers for larger events.
The Thump15BST lets you wirelessly stream music from your compatible device. You can also use your phone or tablet to adjust the settings and control your Thump15BST wirelessly using Mackie's Thump Connect™ app. In addition, you can use the Bluetooth connection to link your Thump15BST to a second one up to 328 feet away, saving you a lot of speaker cable on those big gigs.
Note: The 328-foot (100-meter) range works with your compatible device running Bluetooth 4.2 or later. The range of earlier-version Bluetooth devices will be shorter.
Control your sound
You can set the EQ contour of your Thump15BST for six different applications:
- Music — when playing back recordings
- Live — when reinforcing a band
- Speech — when reinforcing voice only
- Music with sub — when playing back recordings with a subwoofer, like the Mackie Thump 18S (not included)
- Live with sub — when reinforcing a band with a subwoofer, like the Mackie Thump 18S (not included)
- Stage Monitor — when used as a floor wedge
The Thump15BST's tough polypropylene cabinet includes four handles for portability and a perforated metal grille to protect the speaker. Using the included pole insert, you can mount this Thump speaker on a tripod stand or on a speaker pole mounted over a powered sub.
Speaker stands set the sound stage higher
Gator Frameworks speaker stands adjust from 48" to 81" high, and they'll hold a load of up to 125 pounds. This package includes a carrying bag that holds both stands.
XLR cables for easy connection
Whirlwind's Connect XLR cables' quality is illustrated by their lifetime warranty. They'll hook you up for a long time, and you get two 25-foot cables to connect your Thump speakers to your mixer.
Two Mackie Thump15BST Powered Speakers:
- 15" high-output woofer and 1.4" titanium dome compression driver
- bi-amplified with 1300 watts total power: 1000 watts to woofer, 300 watts to tweeter
- 3-channel input mixer (2 combo XLR/TRS + stereo Bluetooth) with input and master volume controls
- mix output (XLR)
- selectable speaker modes: Music, Live, Speech, Music with Sub, Live with Sub, Stage Monitor
- polypropylene enclosure with weather-resistant perforated metal grille
- adjustments made via Thump Connect control app for iOS and Android devices
- wireless link to another Thump BST speaker (mono or stereo mode)
- dimensions: 17-3/8"W x 27-1/4"H x 14"D
- weight: 33.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
Two Gator Frameworks Speaker Stands:
- adjust from 48" to 81" high
- load capacity: 125 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
Two Whirlwind Connect "MIC" Series XLR Cables:
- 25-foot length
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Mackie Thump 15BST Speaker Bundle consists of two Mackie Thump 15BST Bluetooth powered speakers with a pair of Gator Frameworks speaker stands and two 25' Whirlwind XLR connecting cables (all individually packaged).
- Each Mackie Thump 15BST speaker box includes:
- Powered loudspeaker
- 70" AC Power cord (3-Pin IEC plug)
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- The Frameworks GFW-SPK-2000SET speaker stand box includes:
- 2 Adjustable tripod speaker stands
- Carry bag
- Each Whirlwind XLR cable boxes include:
- 25' Mic cable (w/ a male XLR connector on one end and a female XLR connector on other end)
- Hook-and-loop cable tie
More details on the Mackie Thump15BST Speaker Bundle
Overview: The Mackie Thump 15BST Speaker Bundle includes the following items:
- 2 Mackie Thump 15BST 15" powered Bluetooth speakers
- Gator Frameworks tripod speaker stands (pair)
- Two 25' Whirlwind XLR cables
Warranty Information: The items in the Mackie Thump 15BST Speaker Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Mackie: 1 Year
- Gator Frameworks: 3 Years
- Whirlwind: Lifetime
Overview: The Mackie Thump 15BST is a portable powered loudspeaker designed for live use in small venues and performance centers. With 2 input channels and Bluetooth audio streaming, all being driven by 1300 watts of power, the Thump 15BST is perfect for musicians, DJs, schools, and houses of worship.
Inputs/Outputs: Each of the Thump 15BST's 2 input channels feature combination XLR/TRS jacks that can accept balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (1/4") signals. A third Mix Out XLR jack (balanced) is provided to output the main signal to another powered speaker.
Configuration: All of the configuration and settings are done through an on-screen menu system. The rear-panel includes a 1.5" x 1.5" LCD screen along with a selection dial for navigating the menu options. Settings can also be made from a Bluetooth paired smartphone using the Thump Connect app. The following options are available in the menu:
- Mixer: The Mixer screen displays both input channels, the Bluetooth channel, and the Main output channel via virtual faders. These also display the level value for each channel, above the fader, and include a 3-band EQ for each input as well. The three EQ ranges are High: (6 kHz for channels 1 and 2, 12 kHz for Bluetooth), Mid: 2.5 kHz, and Low: 80 Hz, with an adjustment range of +/-12 dB for each. There's also a high-pass filter available with cutoff options from 20 Hz to 400 Hz at 12 dB/octave.
- Speaker Mode: Six Speaker Modes are available that
tailor the sound to best suit each particular application.
- Music: This mode is full-range, but increases the bass and high frequencies. Designed for DJs and music playback applications.
- Live: This mode boosts mid and high-frequencies, while rolling off the low-end, lessening thumps and the proximity effect. Ideal for singer/songwriters.
- Speech: Rolls off low frequencies while boosting mid and high frequencies critical for speech applications.
- Music + Sub: This mode rolls off the low end to match properly with the Thump18S subwoofer.
- Live + Sub: Similar to Music + Sub, this mode also rolls off the low end to match properly with the Thump 18S subwoofer.
- Monitor: This mode rolls off the low frequencies and reduces the 2 kHz range to ensure maximum gain before feedback in monitor applications.
- Bluetooth: The Thump 15BST can be paired to a Bluetooth enabled device for audio streaming. It can also be Linked to another Thump 15BST powered speaker and operate in Stereo mode, where each speaker is treated as a stereo pair, or Zone mode, where a mixed signal is sent to both speakers. In Stereo mode, the main level control affects both speakers. In Zone mode, each speaker's volume can be independently controlled. The Bluetooth menu setting gives options for Pairing, Linking speakers, and Stereo or Zone mode. If two speakers are connected and used in Stereo mode, you can specify which speaker will be the left and right.
- Configuration: The Configuration menu gives the
- Front LED: On/Off. Determines if the blue power LED on the front grill will illuminate when the unit is powered on.
- Auto Pair BT: This setting allows a previously paired device to auto reconnect if both the device and the speaker are powered on and in range.
- Auto Link BT: This allows two previously paired speakers to automatically re-link if both are powered on and within range.
- About: Displays the current information about the speaker: Bluetooth version, firmware version, etc.
- Restore: This option will restore the speaker's options back to factory default.
- Lock: A pass-code can be entered to lock the controls from unwanted use.
- LCD: This option allows you to change the brightness of the LCD and also choose which menu option will be displayed on the LCD screen (default is the Mixer screen).
Chassis: Designed for portability and durability, the Thump 15BST features a rugged polypropylene chassis with a textured finish and a perforated metal grill with weather-resistant coating. It includes 4 built-in carry-handles, three M10 mounting points for suspending or "flying" the speaker, and a standard 35mm socket for pole-mounting.
Protections: The Thump 15BST incorporates various safety features which include:
- Limiting: A compression circuit which helps protect it from damaging transient peaks. The compressor is designed to be transparent and isn't noticeable under normal conditions.
- Over Excursion: A subsonic filter circuit prior to the power amp prevents ultra-low frequencies from being amplified, which helps keep the driver from bottoming out.
- Thermal: If the amplifier overheats, a built-in thermal switch will activate, muting the signal. After it has cooled down sufficiently, the switch will reset itself and resumes normal operation.
- Frequency Range:
- -10 dB: 32 Hz - 23 kHz
- -3 dB: 39 Hz - 20 kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90˚
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 60˚
- Maximum SPL Peak: 127 dB
- Low Frequency Driver: 15"
- High Frequency Driver: 1.4" Titanium dome compression driver
- Total Peak Power: 1300 Watts
- Low Frequency Amp:
- Peak Power: 1000 Watts
- THD: < 1%
- Amplifier: Class D
- High Frequency Amp:
- Peak Power: 300 Watts
- THD: < 1%
- Amplifier: Class AB
- Channel EQ: 3-Band, HPF
- Low: +/- 12 dB @ 80 Hz
- Mid: +/- 12 dB @ 2.5 kHz
- High: +/- 12 dB @ 6 kHz (Ch. 1/2), @ 12 kHz (Bluetooth)
- HPF: 20 Hz - 400 Hz @ 12 dB/octave (Ch. 1/2 only)
- Main EQ: 6 Speaker modes
- Inputs: 2 x XLR (balanced) / 1/4" (unbalanced)
- Mic/Line: 8 kΩ balanced
- 1/4" TS: 1 MΩ unbalanced
- Mix Out: Male XLR balanced
- Mix Out Impedance: 600Ω
- Type: 24 dB / octave
- Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
- Protocol: 3.0
- Function: Audio streaming and user interface control
- Class: 1
- Display LEDs: Defeatable front power, Speaker Control
- Status Information: Input and output levels, EQ speaker voicing
- Protections: Peak and RMS limiting, power supply and amplifier thermal protection
- Input Power: 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC
- Power Supply: Switch mode
- Enclosure: Polypropylene
- Grill: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Finish: Black, textured
- Handles: One on each side, one on top, one on bottom
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104˚ F
- Dimensions: Width - 17.375", Height - 27.250", Depth - 14.0"
- Weight: 35.1 lbs.
Gator Frameworks Stands: The Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-2000SET includes a pair of adjustable lightweight speaker stands and a zippered fabric carrying bag. Each stand has a dual diameter inner tube for 35mm and 38mm speaker mounts. The speaker stands have a weight capacity of up to 60 pounds, with a wide tripod base for extra stability. The stands have a height adjustment from 48" to 81". They weigh approximately 13 pounds each.
Whirlwind Connect Series Cables: The Whirlwind MIC25 XLR cable is part of the MIC series that offers great value. The cable has a black PVC jacket with polyethylene insulation, and is terminated with male and female XLR connectors. It comes with a hook-and-loop cable tie to keep them neat for storage. These imported cables are available in four lengths: 3', 10', 25', and 50'. This cable is 25' in length.