Audio-Technica Solo Podcast System
USB voice microphone, studio headphones, pop filter, and adjustable tabletop mic stand
Our take on the Audio-Technica Solo Podcast System by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Start podcasting right away
The Audio-Technica Solo Podcast system has everything you need to make high-quality voice recordings for podcasting. It features an Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ microphone that can record directly to your laptop via its USB cable. You also get a K&M adjustable tabletop mic stand and pop filter. And to monitor your recording, the system includes a set of Audio-Technica ATH-M30x professional monitor headphones. It's all there — you just need to supply the talent.
High-quality microphone and accessories
The rugged AT2020USB+ side-address voice mic is a low-mass diaphragm. It's custom-engineered for optimal frequency response and transient response. The mic plugs directly into your laptop via its USB cable and is compatible with virtually all digital recording and editing software.
The included K&M Breath Popkiller ensures your voice sounds its best. The 5.12” diameter double-nylon screen filters out the sound of breathing and softens plosives (that popping sound when you say P, B, or T). The Popkiller clamps directly to your mic stand.
Speaking of stands, also included is the sturdy K&M tabletop mic stand. The folding tripod legs have thick rubber caps for stability, even on uneven surfaces. The stand can be adjusted from 9” to 17” for optimal mic placement. And it folds up for easy portability.
The ATH-M30x headphones have large, 40mm drivers for full, well-balanced sound. The drivers are also especially sensitive to midrange frequencies — ideal for voice recording and mixing. The thick padding of the earcups and headband ensure you can wear the headphones comfortably for hours of editing and recording. The headphones come with an extra-long cable, for easy maneuverability around your recording gear. The earcups also rotate and swivel, for optimal fit and to allow single-ear use.
Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ microphone:
- designed for recording directly to a computer via USB cable
- side-address USB condenser microphone
- cardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- low-mass diaphragm for extended frequency response
- recording resolution: 16-bit/44.1/48 kHz
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 12.1 oz.
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x headphones:
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 40mm dynamic drivers are tuned for strong midrange definition
- 118" single-sided straight cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included for connecting to pro gear
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- folding design for compact storage
- frequency response: 15-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 47 ohms
- weight: 7.8 oz.
- K&M Breath Popkiller
- 5-1/16" diameter double-nylon pop filter
- fastens to any mic stand up to 1-1/16" in diameter
- K&M Deluxe Tabletop Mic Stand
- collapsible tripod
- adjustable height 9"-17"
- rubber foot caps for stability
- mic storage bag
- headphones carry case
- warranty: 2 years for Audio-Technica products; 5 years for K&M products
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee