Sonos Playbase 3.1 Home Theater System
Includes Sonos Playbase with Apple® AirPlay® 2 and Sonos Sub (White)
| Watch a product review |
Crutchfield: Sonos wireless music system
Our take on the Sonos Playbase 3.1 Home Theater System by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Big sound from your TV
The Sonos Playbase 3.1 Home Theater System delivers extraordinary sound from your movies and TV shows. Plus you can stream music from online music services, internet radio stations, or your computer. The low-profile Sonos Playbase sits directly underneath your TV and fills your room with spacious, realistic sound. The Sonos Sub provides powerful, crystal-clear bass with minimal vibration.
Part of a Sonos multi-room audio system
The Playbase 3.1 system, like other Sonos music players, connects to your home network — either via Wi-Fi® or by connecting one player to your router via Ethernet to create a dedicated Sonos network. This network, known for its extensive range and superior performance, gives you house-wide access to tunes stored on your PC along with a wealth of internet audio choices.
The Playbase connect to your TV with an optical digital cable, and it can stream audio from your movies and TV shows to Sonos speakers in other rooms. For instance, if you're watching a game[,] you can keep up with the play-by-play in the kitchen when you get a snack. (For the best wireless performance, we recommend adding the optional Sonos Boost.)
Add wireless surround speakers
If you ever want to expand your system for true surround sound, you can add any pair of Sonos speakers to your Playbase and Sub. They connect to the system wirelessly, for easy setup. The compact Play:1 speakers are a popular choice.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Playbase has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use that same Apple device to fine-tune the Playbase with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. It then adjusts the speaker's settings automatically for the best possible sound. (Currently for iOS® devices only.)
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™ device with the free Sonos app
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- plays streaming internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (each ZonePlayer plays individually selected music)
- add two more Sonos speakers (not included) for wireless 5.1 surround sound
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 10 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (three tweeters, six midrange drivers, and one low-frequency woofer)
- connects to your TV, Blu-ray player or cable box via an included optical digital audio cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- supports TVs weighing up to 77 lbs.
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- 28-3/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 14-3/16"D
- weight: 18.5 lbs.
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Why did you buy this?
reviews, simplicity and bass [ Scott May 20, 2018 ]
3.1 combo [ Oscar Apr 10, 2018 ]