About the Q Acoustics Q Active 200 System
Wireless powered hi-fi speakers
Wireless powered hi-fi speakers
I was excited to see that Q Acoustics were making a pair of versatile wireless speakers. This relatively young British company has a reputation in audiophile circles for high-tech, forward-looking speaker designs. Imagine my elation when I found out that Crutchfield would be carrying the Q Active 200 system and that I would be auditioning it and writing about it.
The Q Active 200 speakers are the company's solution to wireless hi-fi sound. They a have a minimalist look that lets them blend into almost any decor. This active speaker pair uses a central hub for control and signal input. That design approach keeps the amplification and streaming sections separate from one another, for cleaner sound. With two offset drivers and a rear-firing subwoofer in each speaker, the Q Active 200 system provides gobs of detailed music with a wide-open, room-filling soundstage.
A pair of Q Active 200 speakers can work with a wide range of sources, including turntables (not included)
A different kind of driver
Each Q Active 200 speaker uses two offset 2-1/4" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers and a rear-firing 4-1/2" subwoofer to deliver your music. BMR drivers have very wide dispersion patterns, so you can hear full stereo effects even when you're seated off to the side, unlike with traditional speakers. And unlike most speakers, there's no need for a separate tweeter, because BMR drivers can handle a very wide range of frequencies, including highs all the way up to 20,000 Hz.
The asymmetrical positioning of the drivers in the cabinet reduces diffraction (a form of distortion) and interference with the front baffle. The pair of BMR drivers in each Q Active 200 speaker work together to deliver effortless, uncolored midrange, crisp highs, and punchy midbass.
A high-tech built-in subwoofer
A 4-1/2" subwoofer is found on the back of the cabinet and provides stout, well-defined bass. It uses a high-power, long-throw driver that's housed in a die-cast chassis for added rigidity and stability.
The sub fires onto a kind of waveguide called a boundary control lens. It acts as an energy guide and helps to control the output of the sub by routing the airflow to the side vents of the cabinet. This helps reduce bass reflections to keep the low frequencies clear, and it ensures the timing alignment between the BMR drivers and the sub is accurate.
An X-ray look inside a Q Active 200 speaker.
Custom amplifiers and processing for each driver
I think the neatest thing about all of the drivers in the Q Active 200 speakers is that they each have their own amplifier and DSP (Digital Signal Processor). That's right — there are three amplifiers and DSPs per speaker. The company specifically designed the amplifiers and DSPs for each respective driver.
This design allows for finer control, since each amp only has to focus on one driver. For example, the DSP for the upper speaker goes from 20,000 Hz all the way down to the crossover point of the sub at 150 Hz. The DSP for the lower speaker, on the other hand, has a low-pass filter fixed at 5,000 Hz. There's also time delay circuitry that regulates the signal reaching the BMR drivers, keeping the front-mounted drivers and rear-mounted sub precisely time-aligned.
Unboxing and setup
When a few large boxes bearing Q Acoustics' name arrived at my door, I felt like a kid in a toy store. I had been wanting to try the Q Active 200 system for some time. Unboxing these speakers, I discovered that they're heavier than their compact appearance would lead one to believe.
I attached the speakers to a pair of matching FS700 stands (sold separately), and prepared the wireless Hub, which Crutchfield sells bundled with the Q200s. Setup was really easy — the Hub connected to the Google Home app in just a few seconds. After a small software update, I was ready to rock'n'roll. I pulled up TIDAL and streamed some songs to the speakers over my Wi-Fi network. All songs were streamed at CD quality (16-bit/44.1kHz).
The speakers produced bigger sound than they had any right to (and I mean that in the best way possible). They filled my large, oddly shaped living room without an issue. I was shocked at how wide the soundstage was when I played the heavy “DEVIL” track by Shinedown.
The guitars were notably crunchy, the drums had impact and depth, and Brent Smith's vocals were clear above the mix and easily intelligible. The highs had some crispness to them but weren't overly bright. One thing that I kept thinking as I continued play the song was how well-balanced it sounded.
I really wanted to see how the speakers did on a frantic metal song and put them through a real torture test, so to speak. The words “clarity” and “heavy metal” seldom go together, but I'm pleased to report that the Q 200 system handled Darko's “Insects” effortlessly, even at high volume levels.
The song's unrelenting pace, odd time signatures, and multi-layered vocals were perfectly blended; no single part overwhelmed the others. This can be a tall order for any speakers on such an intricate metal track. Another thing that stuck out to me was how quickly the drivers reacted to the high-speed instrumental arrangements, and how well the system articulated them. It made the song even more fun to bang my head to.
The bass on Ed Sheeran's “Bad Habits” was startling at first. I momentarily asked myself, “Wait, do I have my subs on?” But then I snapped back to reality and realized that the speakers' rear-mounted 4-1/2” subwoofers were real workhorses. They won't shake your couch, but their thump cannot be denied. The speakers delivered clear, impactful bass throughout the song without muddying Sheeran's low tenor/high baritone voice.
I wrapped things up with a live performance of “Ain't No Grave” by Bethel Music and Molly Skaggs. The Q Active 200s' drivers once again showed the benefits of their wide-dispersion BMR drivers when the guitar lead came in and highlighted how large the venue was.
During the performance, the speakers showed me two things I never noticed before, despite having heard the song several dozen times. One was that there were backup singers behind Molly singing in a lower register. The other was that the crowd was singing along with her. The fact that the speakers resolved those minute details, which other speakers and even headphones I've demoed have failed to do, impressed me immensely.
Placement versatility with the flick of a switch
On the back of each speaker, you'll find two switches. One tells the speaker whether it's a left speaker or a right one. The other switch tells the speaker where it's positioned in your room. There are three settings: one for open space, one for placement against a wall, and one for placement in a corner. When you adjust this switch, the speaker's internal DSPs will narrow or widen the dispersion pattern and fine-tune the low-frequency response, ensuring you're getting the best sound possible no matter the speaker's position.
Specially designed speaker stands for peak performance
While the Q Active 200 speakers will work well when placed on a bookshelf, desk, or table, I strongly recommend grabbing the matching FS75 stands for best performance. These carefully designed floor stands employ rods for bracing and weight distribution. That results in less vibration being transferred down to your floor, fewer reflections, and better-focused sound.
Central hub for all your sources
The included hub houses all the streaming architecture of the system, meaning it handles streaming signals and passes them along wirelessly to the speakers. You can stream to the hub from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It also features analog and digital connections for physically connecting sources, as well as a handheld wireless remote for controlling the volume.
Control the system using your voice
The hub also works with Google Assistant and Siri voice control platforms. Not only does that give you the ability to use your voice to access your tunes, but it also lets you create a Google or Apple-based multi-room audio system. If you already have a multi-room audio system that uses one of these two platforms, you can integrate the Q Active 200 speakers into the mix by assigning them a room.
On the back of the hub, you'll find an HDMI ARC input for connecting your TV, an optical input for a CD player or gaming console, and a stereo pair of RCAs. The RCAs can be used as either regular line level inputs or as a moving magnet phono input. A switch is used to toggle between the two modes. Analog input signals are converted to high-quality 24-bit/96kHz digital and sent wirelessly to the speakers, ensuring high-resolution sound. There's also a mono RCA output for connecting an external sub.
- Featured in our articles: Best high-end wireless speakers for 2023 and Best powered speakers for 2023
Q Active 200 speaker specs:
- two 2-1/4" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers
- BMR drivers provide a wide soundstage and aren't directional; no need to toe-in speakers for a "sweet spot"
- rear-firing high-power, long-throw 4-1/2" subwoofer
- ported (bass reflex) cabinet with sturdy internal dart bracing for added subwoofer rigidity and control
- built-in subwoofer waveguide controls airflow for smooth, tight bass
- three internal amplifiers per speaker — one for each driver
- 100 watts RMS per speaker
- two rear switches per speaker:
- left switch tells the speaker where and how they're placed (open space, against a wall, or in a corner) and adjusts DSP parameters accordingly to optimize the sound
- right switch tells the speaker whether it's a right-or-left channel speaker
- asymmetric driver positioning reduces diffraction and interference with front baffle
- frequency response: 46-20,000 Hz (-6dB)
- 6-3/4"W x 11-3/16"H x 11-7/16"D
- weight: 16.53 lbs. each
Control Hub specs:
- distributes signal to speakers wirelessly
- compatible with Google Assistant and Siri voice controllers
- create a multi-room audio system by assigning the system to a room
- works with Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, Roon, and UPnP
- compatible streaming sources: Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify and TIDAL
- built-in Bluetooth 4.1 for streaming without a Wi-Fi connection
- supports up to 32-bit/192kHz files; downsamples them to 24/96
- converts wired analog input signals to high-res 24-bit/96kHz digital
- transmits digital signals to speakers using a 5GHz wireless link
- weight: 1.10 lbs.
- 7-1/8"W x 1-5/8"H x 4-7/16"D
Hub rear-panel connections:
- HDMI ARC for connecting a TV
- Ethernet port for a hardwired network connection
- optical digital input for connecting a gaming console or CD player
- pair of stereo RCAs for connecting a turntable or other analog input
- switchable between regular line-level inputs and MM (moving magnet) phono input
- mono subwoofer output for connecting external sub
- remote control included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- Q Active 200:
- 2 Powered speakers
- Two 6' AC power cords
- 2 Foam port plugs
- Important Safety Informtion and Warnings
- Q Active Hub:
- Wireless hub
- USB/AC power adapter (with US connector)
- EU/UK/AU AC adapter plugs
- 40" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 58" HDMI cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Guide
Q Acoustics Q Active 200 System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Q Acoustics Q Active 200 System
Features & specs
|USB Port||Update only|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||2.5|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||4.5|
|Woofer Type||Not given|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||100|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||280|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||96 kHz|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Active Amplification: Each speaker of the Q Acoustics Active 200 speaker system consists of 3 drivers powered by their own individual, specifically selected amplifier. Using a total of six discrete amplifiers, with a total of 100 watts (RMS) / 280 watts (Peak) of power to drive the Q Active 200 speaker system, means each of the six individual drivers receives its own carefully regulated amplification. As a result, The Q Active 200 powered speaker is able to control each driver with accuracy and finesse for exceptionally detailed sound.
BMR (Balance Mode Radiators): Two 2.5" BMRs allow the Q Active 200 speaker system to deliver outstanding sound quality across your entire listening area, rather than restricting it to the "sweet spot" of more traditional driver arrangements. In addition to this wide soundstage presentation, the dual BMRs deliver seamless midrange performance. Because they operate all the way down to 150Hz, where they hand over to Q Active 200' built-in subwoofer driver, there is no midrange crossover distortion and completely clean and uncolored midrange performance. Offsetting the BMRs in the speaker cabinet also serves an important function. It allows for a degree of fine-tuning in your listening room, as it's possible to position the BMRs to the inside or the outside of the cabinets.
Rear-Firing Subwoofer: The Q Acoustics Active 200 features a rear-firing 4.5" DVC subwoofer delivering fast, deep, and accurate bass. Careful positioning of the subwoofer inside the cabinet helps to neutralize standing waves inside the enclosure that might color the sound to give a powerful linear bass response. The reason the rear-firing woofer is concealed is to achieve deep, punch bass with easy speaker position and simple setup. There is a carefully designed fixed "Wave-Guide" boundary for the subwoofer to fire onto which means the dispersal characteristics of the bass frequencies are always exact and intended. Because the subwoofer fires onto a fixed boundary (the inside of the rear-panel), the bass response of Q Active 200 is always ideal, no matter where in your room you decide to position the speaker system.
Rigid Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Q Acoustics Active 200 features a Bass Reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response from a powered bookshelf speaker system. The Q Active 200 uses internal bracing to provide essential stiffness to the cabinet and equally helpful mechanical stability to the rear-firing subwoofers. The Q Active 200 is available with a matte white or matte black speaker enclosure. Both finishes are flawlessly applied, both are gently reflective of ambient light, and both will enhance the interior decor of your home.
Note: The foam port plugs supplied are optional, but is required when the speakers are positioned flat against a rear wall. Ensure the foam port plugs are fitted snugly into the port without inserting them too far. You will find the level of bass is reduced, but definition and bass extension is increased when the foam port plugs are inserted.
5.8GHz Wireless Receiver: The Q Active 200 speaker system features a built-in 5.8GHz receiver that wirelessly connects to the included Hub. All system source connections are found on the Hub including wireless and wired network connectivity, Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, stereo RCA/Phono, and optical digital. The Hub then streams these sources wirelessly to the speaker system via a dedicated 5.8GHz digital link. Only one pair of speakers and one Hub can be connected together.
Flexible Placement: The Q Active 200 speaker system is tuned to perform to its maximum potential no matter where in your listening room it's positioned. The Q Active 200's driver configuration allows the speaker system to be remarkably forgiving of less-than-ideal placement. The speakers should be ideally positioned 6.5' to 13.1' apart.
- Speaker Arrangement: The Q Active 200 speaker system can be positioned with the BMRs either on the inside or the outside of the cabinets, allowing perfect audio reproduction no matter if you're sitting close to the speakers or far away from them. There is a simple switch on the back of each Q Active 200 speaker to designate it as either the left or the right channel.
- Boundary Setting: A second switch allows you to tell the speaker exactly where it's positioned in relation to the room - close to a rear wall, in a corner, or out in free space. This information allows the Q Active 200 to fine-tune its low- frequency response in order to deliver the best possible sound no matter the placement.
Power Requirements: Each speaker and the optional Hub will require an AC power outlet connection. Each speaker comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord, while the optional Hub comes with a 40" USB-C to USB-A cable and a USB/AC power adapter.
Note: The Q Active 200 speaker system is not battery powered.
Auto On/Off: The integrated Auto On/Off feature has been designed to allow the speaker system to turn on when it senses an audio signal from an active source, or to enter standby and turn off after 25 minutes of no signal and no operation.
24-Bit/96kHz Wireless Hub: The Q Active Hub is at the heart of the Q Active 200 speaker system and supports wireless 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio playback. It even supports input of 32-bit/192kHz digital audio files and then downsamples them to its native 24-bit/96kHz resolution for wireless playback. All of the system's source connections are found on the Hub including wireless and wired network connectivity, Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, stereo RCA/Phono, and optical digital. The Hub then streams these sources wirelessly to the speaker system via a dedicated 5GHz digital link that is designed with super-low latency to ensure left and right channels stay precisely in step for a stable stereo imaging.
- Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Q Active Hub can be connected to your home network via a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection. There is a RJ-45 Ethernet port (10/100Mbps) on the back of the Hub which allows for a hardwired connection. Built-in 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) allows the Q Active Hub to connect wirelessly to your home network. This network connection allows support for the Q Active App, Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast Built-In, Spotify Connect, UPnP/DLNA, and Roon.
- Mounting Options: The Hub can be placed in any convenient location that is in the same room as the Q Active 200 speakers. It can be located on a shelf or in a cabinet, or mounted on a wall using the integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included). Make sure the Hub is located next to an AC power outlet to connect its USB/AC power adapter.
Note: Only one pair of Q Active speakers can be connected to the Hub.
Controllers: The Q Active Hub can be operated wirelessly using the included Bluetooth remote control or the Q Active App for Apple iOS and Android devices. Online music services and advanced music browsing will require the use of the online music services native app.
- Bluetooth Remote: The included Bluetooth remote provides basic wireless operation of the Q Active Hub and connected speaker system. It allows you to select between input source and adjust the volume. Because the remote uses Bluetooth and not IR (infrared), you don't have to point the remote directly at the Hub or speakers. The Bluetooth remote will need to be initially paired and connected to the Hub prior to use.
- Q Active App: The Q Active App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.2+) can be used to provide simple control and configure custom settings of the Q Active Hub and speaker system from your compatible smartphone or tablet device over a wireless WiFi network connection. The app can be used to manually select each input, control the volume and current playlist, as well as register the product with Q Acoustics. The speaker firmware can also be updated via the Q Active App.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Q Active Hub and speaker system from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) through the Q Active speaker system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Q Active Hub and speaker system. In addition, you can watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Q Active speaker system.
Chromecast Built-In: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Q Active Hub and speaker system. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the speaker system.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the Q Active Hub and speaker system. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers throughout your home (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Home wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Q Active 200 and your Google Home speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
Network Music Libraries: The Q Active Hub is DLNA and UPnP compliant allowing to to stream digital music files from a Windows PC, DLNA-compliant NAS drives and UPnP servers to the Q Active speaker system. Use the Q Active app on your Apple iOS or Android device to browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. The Q Active Hub supports streaming digital music files up to 32-bit/192kHz. However, the 32-bit/192kHz digital music files will be domsampled to the system's native 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution. Supported music file formats include - MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, WMA, and Ogg Vorbis.
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance): The Q Active Hub is DLNA 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the Hub and connected speakers.
- UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play): The Q Active Hub is UPnP compatible, which enables you to play your digital music library stored on UPnP servers (such as a network server with integrated UPnP software,Windows PC, or Mac OS X computer) through the Q Active Hub and speaker system. You can stream a variety of compressed, lossless, and high-res music files. Windows Media Player version 11 or above incorporates built in UPnP support. A variety of third party UPnP applications are available that are compatible with both Windows and OS X operating systems.
Roon Ready: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across the Q Active Hub and speaker system and other Roon enabled audio devices. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC - up to 32-bit/192kHz) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also access your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with the Q Active Hub and all other Roon enabled devices. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Q Active Hub or Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Q Active Hub. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or player (sold separately) located on the network within your home.
Bluetooth 4.1: With built-in Bluetooth 4.1 and support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the Q Active Hub and connected speaker system. You'll be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) from the included remote. With SSP (Simple Secure Pairing), Bluetooth source devices can be paired with a single press of a button and without entering a PIN code. Multiple devices can be paired with the Q Active Hub, but only one device can be connected and playing at a time.
HDMI ARC & CEC: The Q Acoustics Hub has an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) jack, so any TV with a corresponding HDMI ARC jack can send audio information to the Hub and Q Active 200 speaker system. The Hub's HDMI ARC jack supports 2ch stereo PCM audio up to 16-bit/96kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS multichannel audio formats). The HDMI jack is also CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)-compatible, allowing you to use your HDMI-connected TV's remote to control speaker system functions like Volume and Standby.
Optical Digital Input: The Hub's optical (toslink) digital input lets you connect your DVD or Blu-ray player, cable box or satellite receiver, or gaming system to the Q Active 200 speaker system. The optical (toslink) digital input supports 2ch stereo PCM audio up to 24-bit/96kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS multichannel audio formats).
Stereo RCA Input: The Q Acoustics Hub is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA jacks that can be used as a line-level or phono input. As a line-level input, you'll be able to connect external analog audio source such as your CD player or tape deck. As a phono input, you'll be able to connect a turntable with a MM cartridge installed. A switch on the rear-panel of the Hub allows you to choose between the line-level or phono setting.
Sub Out: The Q Active Hub is equipped with a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a powered sub (sold separately) for bigger, deeper bass response. The sub output features a fixed low pass-filter set to -6dB @ 450Hz.
Optional Speaker Stands: The Q Active FS75 stands (sold separately) have been designed specifically to partner with the Q Active 200 speaker system, providing a stable mounting platform for the speakers with low resonance and minimal reflective surfaces. The base of the Q Active 200 includes threaded-inserts to enable the Q FS75 Stand to be bolted rigidly to the speaker. The stand minimizes resonance from the floor to the speaker cabinet (and vice-versa) thanks to its remarkable low-mass, low-reflectivity design. And in addition to its acoustic benefits, the stand's minimal design is the perfect visual complement to Q Active 200's unique looks.
- Speaker On Stand With Spike Feet: 11.4375" (w) x 36.375" (h) x 12.75" (d)
- Speaker On Stand With Rubber Feet: 11.4375" (w) x 36.5" (h) x 12.75" (d)
Note: The Q Active 200 does not offer any brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker system.
Stainless Steel Construction: The Q Active FS75 stand is made of stainless steel construction for exceptional rigidity.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Q FS7 stand comes with spikes and rubber feet options. The spikes are ideal for carpeted flooring. Rubber covers are also included that fit over top the spikes to protect your hardwood, laminate, vinyl, ceramic, and other hard surface flooring. Always use the speaker stands with the spikes or rubber feet for maximum stability and rigidity.
- Speaker Stand with Spike Feet: 11.4375" (w) x 25.375" (h) x 12.75" (d)
- Speaker Stand with Rubber Feet: 11.4375" (w) x 25.5" (h) x 12.75" (d)
Cable Management: Cable clips are included to help manage and keep your cables and wires that connect to the speaker system neat as possible.
1 question already asked