About the QSC Gym Sound System Bundle
Work out in style with this QSC sound system
Work out in style with this QSC sound system
These days, a workout space can be anything: a CrossFit® space in a garage, a cycle studio in a large gym space, a Barre studio, or a boutique gym. You might need meditative music for focused yoga in one class, then high-energy rock that helps your clients push through five more reps in the next. Whatever your needs may be, this gym sound system bundle offers everything you need to fill your workout space with inspiring tunes.
It's cost-effective, easy to set up, and supported for life by our tech specialists. We've made it our business to understand what your business needs. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
A powerful amplifier
The rugged QSC GXD4 amplifier is the heart of your system. Whether it's the roar of an electric guitar or the trill of a flute, your music needs power for faithful reproduction and volume. This versatile amp is perfectly matched to the speakers we included in the bundle.
Four included QSC AD-S8T speakers deliver plenty of "oomph" for workout spaces large or small. Each handles a robust 400 watts of continuous program power, so you can crank the volume when you need to. Each speaker has an 8" woofer for great bass response and solid mids, and a 1" compression-driver tweeter for clear, accurate highs. They're also weather-resistant, so they'll work well at a swimming pool or in a hot yoga studio.
The included Shure SCM262 mixer has plenty of inputs, so you can use your own music sources.
Connections for all your gear
The Shure SCM262 mixer lets you connect just about any music source you can think of. Plug a microphone into one of its mic inputs, and your trainers can be heard loud and clear as they lead classes. Each source has a dedicated volume control, so you can tailor the mix to individual preferences throughout the day.
Power protection and wiring included
The Furman SS-6B surge protector is more than just a "power strip." Sure, it lets you plug in all of your equipment in one place, but it also features protective circuitry that keeps your system from being damaged if the building's power supply fluctuates unexpectedly — think dimming, flickering, and power loss during thunderstorms. We've also thrown in all of the connecting cables and wires you'll need, so you can be up and running in no time.
The music source
Ask your Crutchfield Advisor about options for a music source. Our customers can get three months of free licensed music via our partnership with Rockbot. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact all performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get a free system design
- powerful, easy-to-use sound system lets you incorporate your own music into a workout space
QSC GXD4 Amplifier:
- 2-channel power amplifier
- provides up to 1200 watts of stereo power
- 19"W x 3-1/2"H x 10-1/4"D
- weight: 11.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
4 QSC AD-S8T Speakers:
- 8" woofer and 1" compression-driver tweeter
- each handles up to 400 watts continuous program power
- weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- X-mount assembly included
- paintable aluminum grille
- 10"W x 17-5/16"H x 9-15/16"D
- weight: 24.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- 3 line-level stereo inputs and 2 mic inputs
- lets you combine music sources with instructor microphone (not included)
- individual volume control for each source
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Power and Wiring:
- all necessary wiring included
- Furman SS-6B features 6 AC outlets and protects your valuable equipment
- Hosa balanced 1/4" TRS male to XLR male cable x 2 connects mixer to amp
- Hosa minijack-to-RCA cable lets you use your smartphone as a source
- two 100-foot spools of Crutchfield 14-gauge speaker wire
What's in the box:
- The QSC Gym Bundle includes four QSC AcousticDesign loudspeakers along with a Shure stereo mixer and a QSC power amplifier. Also included in the bundle are a Furman surge protector - Hosa cables and adapters - and two rolls of Crutchfield in-wall speaker wire (all individually packaged).
- Each QSC AD-S8T speaker box includes:
- Surface-mount commerical loudspeaker
- Euro-style connector
- Terminal weather protection cover
- X-mount bracket
- Four M4 screws
- Quick-Start Guide
- Warranty Sheet
- The Shure mixer box includes:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
- The QSC GXD 4 stereo amplifier box includes:
- 2-Channel power amplifier
- 5' AC power cord (3-prong IEC)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Registration information
- The Furman SS-6B surge suppressor box includes:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- Each Hosa adapter package includes:
- 5' Balanced male 1/4" TRS to XLR3M interconnect cable
- The Hosa stereo breakout adapter package includes:
- 6' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- Each Crutchfield speaker wire package includes:
- 100' Spool of 14-gauge/2-conductor in-wall speaker wire (white jacket)
More details on the QSC Gym Sound System Bundle
Overview: The QSC Gym Bundle includes the following items:
- Four QSC AD-S8T loudspeakers
- QSC GXD 4 power amplifier
- Shure SCM262 stereo mixer
- Furman SS-6B power strip surge suppressor
- Hosa 3.5mm-to-Dual RCA cable (6')
- Two Hosa 1/4"-to-XLR cables (5')
- Crutchfield in-wall speaker wire (two 100' rolls)
Warranty Information: The items in the QSC Gym Bundle are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- QSC: 3 Years
- Shure: 1 Year
- Furman: 1 Year
- Hosa: Lifetime
- Crutchfield: 1 Year
AcousticDesign Series: QSC's AcousticDesign series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Combined with unprecedented ease-of-installation and high weather resistance, the AcousticDesign series provides integrators a versatile and confident install solution.
Surface Mount Speaker: The QSC AcousticDesign AD-S8T is a surface mounted 70/100V, 8" two-way loudspeaker system, ideally suited for a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications.
Two-Way Driver Design: The AD-S8T features a high quality 8" weather treated paper cone woofer on a 2" voice coil. A carefully selected 1" exit, 1.4" compression driver perfectly matches the sensitivity and performance of the woofer for outstanding full-range reproduction.
DMT (Directivity Matched Transition): Consistent and even 105° axisymmetric (conical) coverage is achieved through DMT (Directivity Matched Transition), a QSC innovation which matches the directivity patterns of the woofer and the high-frequency waveguide at the crossover point. The result is a coherent transition between transducers and improved off-axis response.
70/100V or 8-Ohm: The even, accurate frequency response of the AD-S8T is aided by a 60-watt low-loss, low-saturation transformer with selectable taps, including an 8Ω bypass. To preserve weather resistance, the rotary selector is located on the back of the enclosure, protected by a weather grommet.
Euro-Style Connector: The Euro-style connector allows pre-wiring of the speaker and when combined with the quick "snap-on" deployment of the loudspeaker to the mount, installation is completed in a fraction of the time required versus competitive models.
Rugged Enclosure Rated for Indoor & Outdoor Use: With rugged ABS enclosures, sealed input panel covers, and powder-coated aluminum grilles for weather resistance, the AcousticDesign surface mounted series exceed IEC60529 IP-54 ratings for dust and splash resistance. The AD Series loudspeakers qualified for outdoor use using the following tests.
- Salt Fog: MIL-STD-810G Method 509.5 for 100 hrs.
- Humidity: MIL-STD-810G Method 507.5, Natural cycle B2, cyclic high RH for 7 days.
- High & Low Temperature: Tested to QSC internal standards between -20° and 50° C.
X-Mount System: Installers will appreciate the award-winning X-Mount system included with each full-range AcousticDesign model. This ingenious mounting solution achieves unprecedented ease-of-installation in horizontal, vertical, wall, or ceiling deployments. Knurled surfaces at the pivot planes ensure the load will not drift or sag over time. Articulation marks allow pre-configuration of the X-Mount while on the ground with no special tools required. Once secure, the loudspeaker installs in seconds, allowing the installer to work safer, smarter, and faster.
Note: The AD-S8T also includes M10 fittings for optional yoke mount (YMS8T) or shoulder eyebolt (M10 Kit-C) accessories for installation versatility.
Black or White Finish + Paintable: The AcousticDesign series feature a stylish appearance free of obtrusive logo adornments for aesthetically sensitive installations. AcousticDesign surface loudspeakers are available in QSC standard black or white, and may be painted to match any decor.
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 119 dB (peak), 113 dB (continuous)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Low Frequency: 8" weather-resistant paper cone woofer / 2" voice coil
- High Frequency: 1" exit / 1.4" voice-coil compression driver
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 60, 30, 15, 7.5 watts and 8Ω bypass
- 100 V: 60, 30, 15 watts and 8Ω bypass
- Enclosure: Painted ABS polymer
- Grill: Powder-coated aluminum
- Dimensions: Width 10.0", Height 17.3125", Depth 9.9375"
- Net Weight: 24.1 lbs.
Overview: The QSC GXD series of 2-channel amplifiers are optimized for 8 and 4 ohm speaker loads, and feature special tunings to maximize the performance of the QSC E Series loudspeakers. The amps have a Class D output stage, digital signal processing, high- and low-pass filters, and digital limiting. The GXD 4 is designed to be rack-mounted and takes up 2 RU (rack units).
Power Output: The GXD 4 amplifier's output power is rated as follows in stereo mode, both channels driven:
- 8Ω Continuous: 400 watts
- 4Ω Continuous: 600 watts
- 8Ω Dynamic: 600 watts
- 4Ω Dynamic: 800 watts
Inputs: The GXD 4 features a pair of balanced XLR inputs and a pair of 1/4" jacks that will accept either balanced TRS or unbalanced TS inputs. The balanced inputs can be used for long or short runs, while the unbalanced inputs should only be used for short runs. The XLR and TRS jacks are connected internally and provide feed-thru to the other connector.
Speaker Outputs: The GXD 4 is equipped with a pair of professional NL4 speaker terminals and two pairs of binding post speaker terminals for mono and bi-amp speaker connectivity.
Independent Gain Controls: The GXD series amplifier offers independent rotary gain controls for Channel 1 and Channel 2. The gain controls provide precise setting and matching of sensitivity.
Digital Signal Processing: The GXD 4 features Digital Signal Processing with a 2.12" x 1" LCD display with 256 x 128 pixel resolution. The DSP can be set as Stereo DSP with changes being made to both channels simultaneously, or DSP A & DSP B with changes being made to each channel independently (except for Input Sensitivity). The DSP controls include:
- High Pass Filter (4th order Linkwitz-Riley), adjustable frequency 20 Hz to 4 kHz
- Low Pass Filter (4th order Linkwitz-Riley), adjustable frequency 60 Hz to 4 kHz
- PEQ (Parametric EQ): 4-bands with variable frequency, gain, and bandwidth
- Delay: up to 50 msec
- Limiter: peak limiter with power, aggressiveness, and impedance selection
Presets: The amplifier features presets that can be used for configuring the output to suit the loudspeaker type:
|Loudspeaker Type||DSP Type||High-Pass Filter||Low-Pass Filter|
|Full Range Satellite||Stereo||20Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz||Bypass|
|Subwoofer||Stereo||20Hz||80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz|
|Monitor||DSP A |
|60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz||Bypass|
|60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz||Bypass|
|Subwoofer + Full Range Satellite||DSP A||20Hz||80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz|
|DSP B||80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz||Bypass|
|Bi-amp||DSP A||20Hz||1000Hz, 1100Hz, 1200Hz, 1300Hz, 1500Hz|
|DSP B||1000Hz, 1100Hz, 1200Hz, 1300Hz, 1500Hz||Bypass|
|Mono Full Range Satellites||Stereo||50Hz, 100Hz||Bypass|
Front-Panel LEDs: The front panel features the following LED indicators: 2 Green Signal LEDs to indicate signal presence, 2 Red A/D Clip LEDs indicate input over-drive and/or amplifier current clipping, and a Blue Power LED ring around the power button to indicate power is on.
Cooling Fan/Ventilation: The amp features an internal fan to move air through the chassis and out of its front- and rear-panel vents to reduce internal temperatures. The fan has a variable speed that increases or decreases based on the amount of usage.
Protection: The GXD 4 has protection circuitry against short circuits, open circuits, thermal, RF, and DC faults.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+0.7 dB, -0,8 dB)
- Distortion: < 1% THD
- Maximum Input Level: +23.5 dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB (A-weighted, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 VRMS, 3.9VRMS
- Voltage Gain (8Ω): 33.5 dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.25 dB
- Damping Factor: 100
- Input Impedance: 20k (balanced), 10k (unbalanced)
- Dimensions: 18.9375" W x 3.492" H x 10.18" D
- Weight: 11.3 pounds
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
Left Output Mic/Line
Right Output Mic/Line
Mic 1 Ducking
Mic 2 Ducking
Stereo 3 Jukebox mute
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Crutchfield In-Wall Speaker Wire:
- Rating: CL3-rated for in-wall installation
- Gauge: 14 AWG
- Conductors: 2
- Wire Construction: Oxygen Free Copper
- Jacket: Flexible white jacket
- Width: 0.345"
- Height: 0.265"
- Length: 100' roll