Sanus Rack Kit 1
Power supply, lights, and fan for Sanus component rack
Our take on the Sanus Rack Kit 1 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Move the audio system in your Sanus steel component rack to the next level with the Sanus Rack Kit 1. You get a CAPT01 multi-volt power supply, replacing all those "wall wart" AC power adapters your low-power components use. Also included are two CALW01 rack-mounted work lights, and two 6-foot power wires. A CAFQ01 rack-mounted ultra-quiet cooling fan helps control the temperature inside your cabinet.
- accessory kit for Sanus component racks
- rack-mounted ultra-quiet cooling fan
- rack-mounted low-voltage power supply
- two 6-foot low-voltage power wires
- 2 rack-mounted work lights
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- The Sanus Rack Kit 1 consists of the Sanus Multi-volt Power Supply with two 6' DC power cords and a rack-mount fan and two work lights. Also included is a pack of 25 rack-mounting screws (all individually packaged).
- The CAPT01-B1 power supply box includes:
- Rack mount DC power supply
- 6' AC power cord
- Magnetic thermostat module with attached 6' cable (3.5mm miniplug)
- 17" Plastic cable channel
- 2 Cable channel clips
- Instruction Manual
- Addendum to Instruction Manual
- The DC Power Cord box includes:
- Two 6' 12-volt DC power wires (each terminated with DC barrel plugs on each end--5.5mm OD / 2.5mm ID)
- The CAFQ01-B1 Rack-mount Fan box includes:
- Rack-mount fan unit (rack height 3U)
- 3' DC power wire with DC barrel plugs on each end
- Instruction Manual
- The Sanus CALW01-B1 Work Light box includes:
- 2 LED light strips
- Two 39" power cords (with DC power plugs on both ends)
- 2 Plastic clips (attached)
- Instruction Manual
- The Rack Mounting screws box includes:
- Package of 25 rack-mount screws (10-32 x 3/4")
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Bundle Overview: The Sanus Rack Kit 1 consists of a Sanus Multi-volt power supply, a rack-mount cooling fan, and two work lights. It also includes two 6' DC power cords, and a box of 25 rack-mount screws.
Warranty Information: The items in the Sanus Rack Mount Kit are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Power Supply, Fan, Work Lights: 5 Years
- Power Cords, Screws: 60 Days
Overview: The Sanus CAPT01 EcoSystem Multi-Volt Power Supply is a rack-mounted power supply for multiple low-voltage accessory components. It occupies a single rack space (1U) in a standard 19" rack. The CAPT01 supplies DC voltage for numerous fans, displays, front and rear lights, and powers and/or charges several devices via USB. The unit includes a thermostat kit which monitors the temperature inside the rack and automatically activates the connected cooling fans. The CAPT01 comes with a 6' AC power cord with an IEC 3-pronged plug, and a cable management channel.
Thermostat Kit: The supplied thermostat is housed in a magnetic module that can be attached virtually anywhere inside the rack. It has a 6' cable that connects to the power supply via a 3.5mm miniplug. The CATG01 Temperature Gauge (available separately from the manufacturer) can be connected into the system to display the current ambient temperature. When the ambient temperature inside the rack reaches 85° (+/- 6°), the thermostat sends a triggering signal to the CAPT01, turning on the fans connected through any of the four DC outlets designated for thermostat control. The thermostat will cycle off at 70° (+/- 6°). The module is 1.5" wide x 1.16" high x 1.14" deep.
Dimensions: The CAPT01's dimensions are Width 19" Height 1.75" Depth 4.625" (8" with AC cord).
Connections and Controls: The CAPT01 has the following connections and controls:
- Front Panel:
- System Power Switch
- Rear and Front Light Switches: For rear "Work" light and front "Task" light
- USB Charging: 1 Type A USB port (5 Volts, 2.1 A Max)
- Always On Power Jack: 5.5mm Outside Diameter (OD), 2.5mm Inside Diameter (ID); 12 Volts, 2.5 A Max
- Front Lights Power Jack: 3.5mm OD, 1.3mm ID; 12 Volts, 1.2 A Max
- Rear Panel:
- USB Charging: 3 Type A USB ports (5 Volts, 2.1 A Max)
- Lights: 2 Front and 2 Rear Power Jacks 3.5mm OD, 1.3mm ID, 12 Volts, 1.2 A Max (per jack)
- 6 Always On Power Jacks: 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID, 12 Volts, 2.5 A Max (per jack)
- 4 Thermostat Controlled Power Jacks: 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID, 12 Volts, 2.5 A Max (per jack)
- Thermostat Input: 3.5mm minijack
- AC Power Input: IEC 3-prong jack; 100-240V AC 50/60 Hz, 3A Max
CALW01 Work Light: The Sanus CALW01, part of the Sanus EcoSystem, is an LED work light designed for use in an AV rack. The light contains a single row of 21 bright white LEDs for illuminating the rear panel of your rack-mounted components for easy viewing. The CALW01 can be mounted virtually anywhere using the integrated magnets or along the rack rails using the included plastic clips. The clips allow you to mount the light flush against the side of the rack, or at a 45° angle. This package includes two CALW01 LED light strips.
Power Connections: Each CALW01 work light has DC power connectors on both ends, and come with 39" DC power cords. The CALW01 has a 12-volt, 0.14-amp rated input, and plugs into the Sanus CAPT01 Multi-volt Power Supply. Up to three CALW01 light strips can be daisy-chained together from a single power jack. The CALW01 does not have a power switch, but rather is turned on and off by the CAPT01 power supply.
Sanus EcoSystem: The Sanus EcoSystem is a fully customizable accessory that serves as the single power source for all low-voltage equipment in a rack. The CAPT01 MultiVolt Power Supply powers the other rack accessories, including ventilating fans, equipment lights, and temperature gauges.
Dimensions: Tube w/o clips: Length 14.85" Width 0.869" Height 0.676".
CAFQ01-B1: The Sanus CAFQ01-B1 ultra-quiet fan helps to cool the equipment mounted in your A/V rack. Two 4.5" diameter fans are mounted to a triple rack unit (3U) panel (for a standard 19" rack). The fan is powered by the Sanus CAPT01-B1 multi-volt power supply (not included), and is automatically activated by the thermostat kit (included with the power supply) when the interior of the rack exceeds a specified temperature. A 3' DC power wire is included.
Dimensions: Width 19" Height 5.25" Depth 2.137"
Power Cords: The Sanus 12-volt DC power cords are used to power low voltage accessories in an A/V rack. The Sanus CAPT01-B1 Multi-volt power supply sends 12 volt DC power to work lights and cooling fans via these wires. This package contains two 6' DC power wires with barrel terminals on each end (5.5mm outside diameter, 2.5mm inside diameter).
Rack Screws: The CASC25-B1 is a pack of 25 rack mounting screws. These are standard sized (10-32 x 3/4") rack screws with nylon washers to protect the finish of your A/V components. The screws have a durable black zinc finish with truss heads for easy installation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.