About the Rockbot Bundle Large
Get a free system design
Music and paging for a large space with multiple zones
When you open a business, there are a million things to do, and setting up a sweet sound system with a licensed, legal playlist is a big one we can help with. This hand-selected system includes a mixer/amplifier and speakers from JBL, a Rockbot commercial media streamer, and all the speaker wire you need to set up a system. And an experienced Advisor from our Commercial Design Group will be there to help you every step of the way.
Convenient media streamer
When you play music for paying customers, you need a public license. Fortunately, Rockbot takes care of that detail for you. The Rockbot Media Streamer gives you access to the cloud-based Rockbot music service (subscription required) which opens up a fabulous world of licensed music. You can customize your selections to suit your clientele, and change it up based on time of day, location, sudden mood changes — whatever works best for your business at any given moment.
Powerful, versatile mixer/amplifier
The JBL CSMA 2120 offers eight input channels so you have plenty of options for background music. There are also two priority channels for connecting microphones for paging and announcements in different zones. With two 120-watt channels of power in an amp that's stable from 4 to 16 ohms, you'll have all the flexibility you need to build a dream system for your place of business.
This system includes four pairs of rugged JBL Control® 29AV speakers. They're ready to shine inside your place of business or outside on the patio, thanks to a weather-resistant design that incorporates an 8" Kevlar® cone woofer and a 1" titanium compression driver. The compression driver is loaded in a rotatable horn that offers 110° x 85° coverage.
The InvisiBall® mounting system lets you make a permanent, but flexible installation, allowing 36 degrees of movement in the vertical plane and 41 degrees of horizontal rotation. The cabinet and grille can be painted to match any decor.
- includes JBL mixer/amplifier, four pairs of JBL speakers, Rockbot media streamer, and 500 feet of speaker wire
Rockbot commercial media streamer:
- connects to cloud-based Rockbot music streaming service (subscription required)
- plans start at $24.95 per month
- HDMI output lets you display song and artist information on a TV screen
- USB output with 3.5mm adapter to connect to your existing sound system
- connect directly to your router via the Ethernet port
- create custom playlists or sync your own Spotify and iTunes favorites
- Rockbot remote app for iOS® and Android™ gives you convenient control of the system
- 3-7/8"W x 15/16"H x 5-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
JBL CSMA 2120:
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 8 input channels and 2 output channels of 120 watts each
- uses Crown's high-efficiency DriveCore™ technology to provide excellent audio performance
- independent bass and treble controls
- illuminated rings around buttons and dials for easy operation in darkened environments
- rack mounting kit included
- 17-3/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 14-5/8"D
- weight: 12.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
Eight JBL Control® 29AV speakers:
- 8" Kevlar® cone woofer
- 1" titanium compression driver
- 110° x 85° coverage with rotatable horn
- handles up to 300 watts continuous program power
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- built-in InvisiBall® mounting system allows vertical and horizontal rotation of speakers
- cabinet and grille can be painted to match your decor
- 12"W x 20-1/2"H x 11-1/4"D
- weight: 26.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This JBL Commercial Bundle contains 11 individually packaged items:
- CSMA 2120:
- CSMA 2120 mixer/amplifier
- 7' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 2 Front angle brackets
- 2 Rear flat brackets
- 2 Rear angle brackets
- Eight 3-conductor Euro-block connectors
- Four 5-conductor Euro-block connectors
- 10 M4 x 20mm Phillips-head rack-mounting screws (each with a flat washer)
- Three 3/16" screws
- 3 Flat washers
- 3 Split lock washers
- 12 M3 x 5mm flat-head screws
- Operation Manual
- Rockbot Media Streamer:
- Audio streamer
- 16GB microSDHC card (pre-installed)
- USB-AC power adapter
- 4 AC power plugs (US/AU/EU/UK)
- 39" microUSB-to-USB cable
- 6' Stereo 3.5mm-to-RCA cable
- 10' HDMI cable
- 14' CAT5e cable
- 5" microUSB-C to 3.5mm adapter cable
- 2 Wire-ties
- 2 Cable-clips
- microSD card slot cover (w/ screw)
- "Let's Get You Set Up" booklet
- Rockbot "activation" link
- Rockbot support-info sticker
- 3 Rockbot cable-stickers
- 2 Serial number stickers
- Control 29 AV Speakers (x8):
- 1 Speaker
- InvisiBall wall-mount plate
- Input panel cover
- 10" Allen key
- Two plastic bushings
- Two flat-washers
- Four 1/2" flat-head screws
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Liberty Commercial Speaker Wire:
- 500' Length of 18AWG 2-conductor Plenum-rated commercial speaker wire
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockbot Bundle Large
Bundle Overview: The JBL Large Commercial Bundle includes a JBL CSMA 2120 mixer/amplifier, Rockbot commercial media streamer, 8 JBL Control 29 AV indoor/outdoor speakers, and 500' of 18AWG/2-conductor, plenum rated, commercial speaker wire. The bundle is the perfect steaming audio system for larger-size restaurants, bars, cafés, and other indoor or outdoor venues.
Overview: The JBL CSMA 2120 is a two-channel commercial mixer-amplifier with eight input channels. The CSMA series mixer-amps are designed and built for commercial sound applications, such as restaurants and coffee shops, or educational applications. The CSMA 2120 is rack-mountable in a 1U rack space, and includes a rack-mount kit.
DriveCore Technology: The JBL CSMA series utilizes DriveCore technology developed by Crown, another Harman brand. DriveCore technology integrates the amplifier drive stage into the power output stage, and fuses everything into a chip the size of a dime. This significantly reduces the size and weight of the mixer-amps into a 1U rack space.
Harman GreenEdge: JBL Commercial mixer-amps are manufactured under Harman's GreenEdge environmental initiative, utilizing recycled copper, aluminum and steel, an energy-saving powder coat finishing process, and conforming to lead-free RoHS standards and other environmentally-conscious manufacturing processes. The result is an 80% improvement in efficiency over previous models. In addition, the CSMA mixer-amplifiers are EnergyStar certified.
Front Panel: The front panel of the CSMA 2120 includes eight independent input level controls. Each level control has a ring which illuminates green to indicate presence of an input signal. Two volume controls (Master 1 and Master 2) let you independently control the output of the two amplifiers. The illuminated rings surrounding the volume controls will light green with the presence of a signal. If the signal reaches the threshold of clipping or audible distortion, the ring will glow red. Bass and treble tone control potentiometers are provided on each output channel. A flat or Phillips screwdriver is needed to adjust bass and treble.
Input Configuration: The CSMA 2120 has 8 inputs which will accept 3-pin or 5-pin Euro-block mic/line connectors. These are designed for pre-built or professionally-wired balanced line 22-24 gauge cables. Six of the inputs also have RCA mono sum connectors for connecting audio devices, such as CD/DVD players. The remaining two inputs (Ch1 and Ch5) are capable of being used for Voice-activated Ducking (VOX function) and Priority Muting, and utilize the supplied 5-pin Euro-block connectors. Each of the 8 inputs has a Line/Mic switch for selecting the input gain, according to the source used.
Output Configuration: The CSMA 2120 has two powered outputs that are designed for low impedance or constant-voltage systems. These outputs will accept 5-pin Euro-block connectors. Pre-built or professionally-wired, high-quality two-conductor, heavy gauge speaker wire is recommended. To drive distributed speaker systems designed to operate at 70V or 100V, the 5-pin Euro-block connectors have designated terminals for 70V, 100V and Common. For 8-ohm speakers, the + and - terminals should be used.
Auxiliary Outputs: Two Auxiliary outputs are available for connecting additional amplifiers. The audio signal is the mix of the input channels, and the output is at a fixed level. The master volume control and tone controls have no effect on the aux output signal. The Aux 1 and Aux 2 outputs each have 3-pin Euro-block connectors.
Input Routing DIP Switches: The CSMA 2120 has a default routing of input channels 1-4 to amplifier 1 and input channels 5-8 to amplifier 2. Six DIP switches for each channel are provided to send the signals to the appropriate amplifiers. Switches 1-4 allow channels 1-4 respectively to be sent to Amp 2 (in addition to Amp 1), and switches 7-10 allow channels 5-8 respectively to be sent to Amp 1 (in addition to Amp 2). Each channel can be configured independently as you desire.
Phantom Power: Phantom power (27V) can be applied to all microphone inputs by turning on the Phantom Power switch (one of the unit's DIP switches).
Hi-Z Switch: By default, the CSMA 2120 is configured to drive low impedance speakers (4 Ohms, minimum). The unit has two DIP switches, one for each amp, that will configure the unit to drive 70V or 100V speaker systems independently and directly. When driving these high impedance speakers, the amplifier automatically inserts a 70Hz high-pass filter.
VOX Function: Voice-activated ducking, or the VOX function, is available on input channels 1 and 5. This function causes attenuation of the overall output level of the amplifier when the input levels on channels 1 and/or 5 reach a set threshold. A designated trim pot is provided on the two channels for setting the audio input level required to activate ducking. A typical usage of the VOX function is to automatically lower the background music in the room while making announcements over the audio system. After the announcement is made, the background music returns to its previously set level.
Sleep Mode: To save energy, the unit is designed to go into sleep mode when no signal is present for approximately 30 minutes. When the input signal returns, the amp will wake up and return to normal operating mode.
Remote Volume Control: Two RJ-45 ports are provided on the back panel for plugging in up to 2 CSR-V remote volume controllers via Ethernet cables. One RJ-45 port is provided to control the volume for Amp 1, and one port is provided for Amp 2.
- Maximum Output Power: 120 watts per channel (into 4Ω or 8Ω, 1kHz, ≤ 0.5% THD)
- Line Output Level: 5.0V RMS into 10 kΩ
- Frequency Response:
- 4/8Ω Output: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 2dB)
- 70V/100V Outputs: 80 Hz - 15 kHz (+/- 2dB)
- Line Out: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
- Power Amp Output: <0.5%, 20Hz-20kHz
- Line Output: 0.05% typical
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >90 dB
- Phantom Power: 27 VDC
- Minimum Load Impedance:
- Low Impedance Output: 4Ω
- 70V Output: 40Ω
- 100V Output: 80Ω
- Net Weight: 12.1 lbs
Rockbot: Rockbot is a smart music solution, fully licensed for business. It offers you full control of your soundtrack through a web dashboard and a better experience for your guests, with the option to let them engage with the music right from their own smartphones. Whether you have 1 location or 100, Rockbot can be customized to fit your needs. The Rockbot music services requires a monthly subscription plan and pricing can vary by business type. Plans start at $24.95 per month; the most popular plan (Rockbot Engage) starts at $34.95 per month.
Note: Rockbot is fully licensed for your business (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC). Rockbot is currently only available for use by businesses in the United States.
Largest Selection of Licensed, Commercial Free, Streaming Music: With over 14 million songs licensed for your business, Rockbot plays more of the artists and songs you want heard in your restaurant/bar, gym/spa, retail or office space, hotel, and more. Choose from hundreds of stations designed for your business type or design your own playlists. You can even import your own playlists from Spotify or iTunes. Rockbot is the highest fidelity streaming commercial music service on the market; using a pressure balanced, stereo, 64-bit AAC in MPEG4 audio compression.
- Playlists: Choose the right music for your business using Rockbot's expertly curated playlists. You can browse by Genre (Pop, Country, Rock, etc.) or Category (Most Played, Late Night, etc.) Or, create your own customized playlist for your business.
- Automatic Updates: Rockbot updates your library with new releases every day. You'll always have the latest hits in your playlists
- Smart Music: By learning the preferences of managers and guests, Rockbot continually improves the quality and selection of your music.
- No Repeats: Rockbot's algorithms create balance in your soundtrack and guarantee that songs are never overplayed. Rockbot recommends having at least 1500-2000 songs in a playlist to avoid any type of repetition.
Note: Looking for specific playlists or missing content, send a music request email to email@example.com with the requested genre title, artist or song name.
Centralized Web Dashboard: Easily manage the soundtrack at your business, all from a centralized web dashboard on your Windows PC, Mac computer, Apple iOS device, or Android smartphone/tablet. Whether you have 1 location or 100, Rockbot easily deploys to your network and is effortlessly managed at local, regional, or national levels through this centralized dashboard. You'll be able to easily access your music library and settings at anytime from the web on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Rockbot Remote App: The Rockbot Remote App (for Apple iOS 9.2+ and Android OS 4.2+) allows business owners and manager to control the Rockbot Music service from an Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphone/tablet. Easily adjust the volume, skip songs, start and stop the music, and change playlists right from a compatible smartphone or tablet running the Rockbot Remote App. The Rockport Remote App also lets you quickly preview upcoming songs, view your playlist history, and ban songs or artists in seconds. You can even stream music from your mobile device to the Rockbot media streamer and your connected audio system.
Note: Users must have Rockbot admin permissions in order to access and utilize Rockbot Remote. Any non-business will be automatically removed.
Connectivity: Easily connect Rockbot to your existing internet and sound system. The Rockbot is equipped with a Ethernet port and comes with a 15' CAT5e cable to connect to your home's network router for access to the internet. A microUSB-C port along with the included 5" microUSB-C to 3.5mm adapter and 6' RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable provide connection to your audio system. An HDMI video output and the included 10' HDMI cable provide song/artist information and album art to a connected display (the HDMI output does not support audio).
Note: A DSL or cable connection of at least 1 MB per second (average speed) is recommended for optimal performance.
microSD Card: The pre-installed microSD card (16GB) is the operating system for the Rockbot media streamer. The microSD card needs to be inserted into the Rockbot media streamer for music to play through your connected sound system.
Unlimited Control & Customization: Rockbot offers unlimited control & customization through its centralized web dashboard & remote app. Set permissions, enable playback times, ban songs/artists, disable explicit lyrics, and more.
- Set Permissions: Assign permissions to your managers at the corporate, franchisee or store level to better control your music.
- Start/Stop Times: Rockbot can automatically be setup to start and stop every day at specified times. Your playlist will instantly start playing and can automatically start and stop with your business hours. The hours can be adjusted differently for every day of the week, as well as unscheduling the player by deselecting the checkmark next to the day.
- Mood Sensing: Rockbot can be set to automatically play different music at different times of the day to match the mood or vibe of your business.
- Ban Artists/Songs: Easily ban any artist or song from playing, so you will never hear that singer or song again.
- Disable Explicit Lyrics: You can also disable the playback of music with explicit lyrics (even based on time of day). Rockbot's lyrics filter may not always meet your standards; if you require 100% filtering for your audience please contact Rockbot directly and they can set you up with their pre-built clean playlists.
- Crossfade: Crossfade is the transition from one song to the next. You can decrease or increase the time in seconds which will put more time between songs or vice versa. If you want to decrease the seconds between songs, adjust the setting closer to 10 seconds.
- Song Skips: You can skip songs within your playlist. Due to licensing agreements, only six songs are allowed to be skipped per hour.
- Holiday Music: Even Holiday music can be scheduled and turned on or off quickly.
Enterprise Control: Easily manage all of your locations with one enterprise account; and give every location, franchisee, manager, and employee as much or little control.
Customer Control: Create an amazing guest experience by letting your customers engage with your music. The Rockbot app lets them see the music playing, request songs from your pre-approved library, and discover your promotions.
Social Media: You can even share your playlists on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook through the Rockbot app.
External AC Power Supply: The included external AC power supply with 39" microUSB-to-USB cable will need to be connected to an AC wall outlet or surge protector.
Overview: The JBL Control 29AV is a 70/100 volt speaker designed for commercial applications, both indoor and outdoor. Its improved voicing allows for an extremely flat response, high-fidelity, and extended bandwidth from an 8" Kevlar woofer and 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver, providing up to 110˚ of horizontal and 85˚ of vertical coverage. It can be run in either 70 or 100 volt applications and includes an 8Ω Thru setting as well. Other features include a highly weather-resistant enclosure, JBL's SonicGuard overload protection, and flexible mounting options.
Enclosure: Designed for indoor and outdoor use, the Control 29AV series speakers have been maximized for weather resistance. They feature a high-impact polystyrene enclosure along with a thermoset composite coated grill with foam lining to minimize water incursion. The woofer is made of Kevlar with a butyl rubber surround and the compression driver's diaphragm is made of pure titanium. Input terminals are nickel/zinc coated for rust-resistance and can have further protection from the included input terminal cover. The Control 29AV carries an IEC 529 IP-X4 splash-proof rating and exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature, and UV. It also passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray.
Mounting: JBL offers flexible mounting options for the Control 29AV speakers. Along with either vertical or horizontal surface mounting, the speaker can be wall or ceiling mounted using the included InvisiBall mounting hardware. The Control 29AV speakers have a removable rear socket cover allowing the ball of the mount to sit inside the speaker. The socket is then tightened, using the included 10" Allen key, via the access hole underneath the removable front grill emblem. The InvisiBall mount allows up to 41˚ of horizontal rotation and up to 36˚ of vertical rotation. For horizontal mounting, the high-frequency compression driver can be rotated 90˚ by removing and re-using the 12 mounting screws holding it in place. There are also ten 6mm attachment points around the speaker for suspension mounting and JBL's optional U-bracket.
70/100 Volt: The Control 29AV is designed primarily to be used in 70 and 100 volt applications, but also includes an 8 ohm bypass mode (Thru). Its top-quality, 110 watt, line distribution transformer is designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation. JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection offers full-range power limiting, to protect network and transducers, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound. A tap setting adjustment-screw on the back of the speaker allows for the following 70 and 100 volt wattage options:
- 70 V: 14, 28, 55, and 110 watts, Thru
- 100 V: 28, 55, and 110 watts, Thru
- Frequency Response:
- -10 dB: 37 Hz - 18 kHz
- +3 dB: 43 Hz - 15 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 118 dB (short term), 112 dB (long term)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Crossover Type: 3rd order high-pass, 2nd order low-pass with impedance compensation
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 110˚ Horizontal, 85˚ Vertical
- Low Frequency: 8 inch
- High Frequency: 1 inch
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 14, 28, 55, and 110 watts
- 100 V: 28, 55, and 110 watts
- Thru Position: 8Ω nominal
- Enclosure: High-impact polystyrene
- Grill: Thermoset composite coated steel
- Terminals: Terminal strip with set-screws, accepts up to 12 AWG wire
- Colors: Black or White
- Dimensions: Width - 12.0", Height - 20.50", Depth - 11.250"
- Net Weight: 26.8 lbs.
Wire Overview: The JBL Rockbot Bundle includes a spool of 500' of Liberty 18AWG/2-conductor speaker wire that's plenum rated for commercial installations.