About the Rockford Fosgate/VIP Golf Cart Sound System
Everything you need for awesome sound
Everything you need for awesome sound
This golf cart audio system comes with everything you need to bring big-time sound to your E-Z-Go TXT. The package contains a Rockford Fosgate receiver and speakers, a custom-designed dash kit from VIP, plus wiring and an antenna. It's the most complete and convenient way to add outstanding audio performance to your cart.
Rock with Rockford Fosgate
The heart of the system is the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2, a compact digital media receiver with built-in Bluetooth connectivity, AM/FM/Weather radio, and a USB input. This all-weather receiver works with Apple or Android smartphones, so you can enjoy downloaded music or stream your favorite Pandora playlists.
A kit made in Virginia
VIP Golf Cars makes some of the best golf cart accessories around, and they're located just up the road from us in Elkton, Virginia. So it only makes sense that we'd eventually get together and create dash kits that can please any audiophile. We worked with VIP's engineering team to create kits that let you install the stereo gear you want in your golf cart. Designed for your E-Z-Go TXT and made from rugged ABS plastic, the dash kit is easy to install, looks great, and stands up to life in the great outdoors.
USB and AUX inputs
Rockford Fosgate's PAUX panel-mount port fits right into the pre-cut opening in the dash kit. The port features front-mounted USB and 3.5mm audio connections which attach to 6-foot cables that plug into your PMX-2 radio.
Marine-rated 6-3/4" speakers
You'll also get a pair of rugged, marine-rated Rockford Fosgate RM0652B 6-3/4" speakers (in Black, to blend into the dash kit), plus a 12-gauge wiring kit for the receiver and a marine-rated AM/FM dipole antenna.
The E-Z-Go TXT kit is styled to match your golf cart and designed to replace the stock dash with minimal fuss. You can install the kit and audio gear using basic hand tools, in fact. With two cupholders for your beverages, a storage tray, and an under-dash cubby for other gear, you'll enjoy improved functionality along with outstanding sound. You'll also get great looks, whether you choose the Carbon Fiber, Carbon Fiber Weave, or Greywood finish.
The receiver, speaker, steering shaft, ignition key, and USB/AUX jack openings are pre-cut, but if you need to add switches for additional gear (extra lighting, battery meters, etc.), you'll find space for additional cut-outs. This kit comes with the wiring and connectors you need for installation.
Note: You can stash your phone or other device in the storage tray, of course, but if you often drive on uneven terrain, a more secure solution might be a good idea. Check out our collection of phone mounts to find the one that's best for your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Want to know more? Check out our article on golf cart stereo systems.
Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 Digital Media Receiver
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- works with Apple or Android smartphones
- made for marine and off-road use
- rear USB input
- 2.7" color display
Rockford Fosgate PAUX
- all-weather panel-mount USB/AUX input
- 6-foot cable terminates in male USB and RCA connectors
- front-mounted USB-A port and 3.5mm aux input
Rockford Fosgate RM0652B Speakers
- 6-3/4" 2-way marine speakers
- 1/2" dome tweeter
- power handling up to 50 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 100 watts
VIP Dash Kit
- custom dash kit for E-Z-Go TXT golf carts
- made from vacuum-molded ABS plastic
- pre-cut openings
- easy bolt-in installation
- warranty: VIP dash kit - 1 year, Rockford-Fosgate gear - 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Rockford Fosgate/VIP Golf Cart Sound System for E-Z-Go TXT golf carts consists of a Rockford Fosgate Marine Digital Media Receiver and a pair of Rockford Fosgate 6-1/2" marine speakers plus a custom carbon fiber dash. Also included are a panel-mount USB/Aux input - ProSpec Marine AM/FM antenna - and a Power and Speaker harness (all separately packaged).
- The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 receiver box includes:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Mounting plate
- Mounting bracket
- Wiring harness
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Installation/Operation booklet
- The Rockford Fosgate RM0652B Marine Speaker box includes:
- Two 2-way marine speakers (with fixed grilles)
- Eight 1-1/4" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 8 Speed clips
- Installation/Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- The E-Z-Go TXT dash box includes:
- Custom-fit golf-car dash (carbon fiber)
- Metal ring
- 4 Screws
- Installation Instructions
- The Rockford Fosgate PAUX USB/Aux Input Port box includes:
- Panel-mounted USB/Aux input port (with attached 6' cable terminated by USB/RCA connectors)
- Rubber cap (installed)
- Locking nut (installed)
- The Rockford Fosgate RFRZ-PMXWH1 harness box includes:
- 6' Power/speaker harness
- 3 Wire-ties
- 3 Plastic grommets
- Installation Guide
- The ProSpec SEADP36AXT antenna box includes:
- Marine AM/FM dipole antenna (with a 6' antenna wire terminated by a male Motorola connector that splits into two 2' antenna wires)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate/VIP Golf Cart Sound System
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate / VIP Golf Cart Sound System consists of a Rockford Fosgate Marine digital media receiver and a pair of Rockford Fosgate 6-3/4" Marine speakers, plus a custom carbon fiber dash specifically designed to fit E-Z-Go TXT golf carts. To help you install the system, a Rockford Fosgate marine USB/Aux Input dash port, a Rockford Fosgate power and speaker harness, and a ProSpec Marine AM/FM antenna are also included.
Warranty Information: All of the items in the Golf Cart Sound System carry full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Rockford Fosgate: 2 Years (receiver); 1 Year (speakers, USB port, harness)
- VIP: 1 Year
- ProSpec: 1 Year
Marine Certified: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series of source units are fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. They are also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure they can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-2 is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion and Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display and motor structure are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Applications: The PMX-2 digital media receiver is designed for marine and motorsports systems.
Optically Bonded LCD: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features a 2.7" TFT color LCD for optimum viewing, even in full sun, that is optically wet bonded to prevent any dust or moisture penetration. There are two brightness settings for the LCD screen.
Water Resistant Control Knob: The PMX-2 uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature white LED illumination.
Voltage Gauge and Warning: You can check the voltage of your system through the PMX-2's menu. The unit also provides a Low Voltage Warning Alert.
EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory): The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 features an EEPROM memory system which retains settings (including Audio and Bluetooth settings) even when power is removed.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-2 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. When using a Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 compatible device like the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or an Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), you can even browse your stored music by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Genre). The PMX-2 will also display your device's song/artist information with album art.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Optional Wired Remotes: The PMX-2 features a wired remote input which is compatible with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-1R and PMX-0R wired remote controllers. In most cases you will need an optional extension cable (sold separately) to connect a wired remote controller.
USB Port: The Rockford Fosgate features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, like a USB thumb drive. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a USB MSC device. You are able to browse your music by folders, as well as control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2's USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The PMX-2 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Control: The PMX-2 lets you navigate your Apple device's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, or Audiobook. The head unit also offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will remain unlocked while connected, so you can access music apps on your device. Older Apple device's click wheels and touch screens will lock when connected to the PMX-2.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. It will also display album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/6/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA AUX input to connect an external audio source. You can give the Aux input a custom name.
AM/FM Tuner: The PMX-2 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations; these presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can set the tuner to Local or Distance tuning. The Local option tunes to nearby radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. In areas where reception is poor, switching to Distance tuning enables the unit to tune in to more distant stations. You can choose between US or European tuning.
Weather Band: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is also equipped with a built-in weather band tuner. Select from weather band frequencies between 162.40 to 162.55.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 using your USB-connected or Bluetooth-paired Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the PMX-2 via the appropriate the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the marine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi. The PMX-2 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically.
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked and stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or Wi-Fi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
MOSFET Amplifier: The PMX-2 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the marine receiver are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/4Ch Preouts: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 is equipped with two pair of 4-volt preamp outputs (Front and Rear/Sub). You can configure the Rear/Sub pre-out for rear speakers with fading capability or as a non-fading sub output. You can turn off the unit's internal amplifier, you plan on using only external amps.
Equalizer: The PMX-2 is equipped with a variety of EQ presets, and 7-Band EQ, and Rockford Fosgate's Punch EQ.
- Presets: Select between seven EQ presets - FLAT, ROCK, CLASSIC, ACOUSTIC, DANCE, ELECTRONIC, or HIP-HOP.
- 7-Band EQ: Use the built-in 7-band EQ to custom tailor the sound of your music to your liking.
- Punch EQ: Punch EQ is an onboard equalizer with up to +18dB at 45Hz and/or up to +12dB boost at 12.5kHz.
High-Pass and Low-Pass Crossovers: The PMX-2 provides a high-pass crossover for the front and rear channels which can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range. The unit also provides a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output that can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range.
Sub Control: When the sub out is activated, you can independently adjust its volume level from 0 to 20.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain of each source so they all play at the same volume level. Select between -3dB, -2dB, -1dB, 0dB, +1dB, +2dB, or +3dB for each source.
Key Beep: A beep tone will sound with any press of a button on the receiver. This can be turned on or off.
Dimensions: The receiver has the following dimensions:
- Chassis: Diameter 2.945", Depth 4.25"
- Nose: Width 4.475", Height 4.195", Depth 1.25"
- Trim Ring: Width 4.455", Height 4.095", Depth 0.675"
Screw Hole Pattern: The faceplate has two mounting holes across the top of the face-plate, and two holes on the bottom of the faceplate for securing the unit to the bulkhead. The included trim-ring covers the screws holes for a neat installation. The screw hole spacing is as follows.
- Width (Top and Bottom): 4.035"
- Height (Between Top and Bottom Row): 3.505
- Screw Mounting Depth: 0.75"
Marine Tested: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM D4329 sunlight, moisture, and heat) to ensure the RM0652 speakers will provide optimum performance in the difficult marine environment.
Woofers: The woofer cones are injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene with UV inhibitors. This molding process assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also light weight and rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Tweeters: The 1/2" dome tweeters are made of LCP (liquid crystal polymer), a high strength/light weight material. The tweeters are bridge mounted, useful in a marine speaker because no opening through the middle of the woofer for the mounting post is needed.
ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) simplifies installation and protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket, creating a cleaner look and easier installation. The crossover is 6 dB/octave high pass.
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The speakers are designed for infinite-baffle operation and can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure.
VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Stainless Steel: The mounting hardware is stainless steel to resist corrosion.
E-Z-Go TXT Dash: This custom dash from VIP is designed to specifically fit E-Z-Go TXT golf carts (up to 2013). It features pre-cut openings for a gauge-style marine digital media receiver and two 6.5" marine speakers, as well as your golf carts steering column, ignition switch, and an optional USB/Aux port. It also offers four cup-holders, a tray holder, a side pocket, and a locking storage compartment. The dash is Carbon Fiber in color.
Gauge-Style Receiver Opening: The VIP E-Z-Go TXT Dash features a round opening to mount a gauge-style marine digital media receiver. The gauge-style opening measures 3.0" in diameter and will accommodate a receiver with up to 4.75" of depth. It will fit most gauge-style marine digital media receivers.
Two 6.5" Speaker Openings: The VIP E-Z-Go TXT Dash features two round openings that will fit many 6.5" marine speakers. The two round speaker cut-outs measure 5.3125" in diameter and will accommodate a speaker depth up to 4.125". The speakers frame & grille diameter should not exceed 8".
Other Cut-outs: There is also a cut-out for the steering wheel shaft, ignition key, and a USB/Aux panel port. You may need to modify the cut-out (0.875" in diameter) for the USB/Aux panel-port. The ignition key cutout diameter is 0.75". In addition, there is space to make your own custom cut-outs for light switches, meters, gauges, etc.
More Features: The VIP E-Z-Go TXT Dash is equipped with four cup holders for your drinks, a tray for your smartphone, a side pocket for your sunglasses, and a locking storage compartment for your valuables. The floorboard of the golf cart creates the bottom of the storage compartment.
- Four Cup Holders: Each cup holder measures 2.5" in diameter and 2" tall.
- Tray: The tray measures 5.5" wide x 0.5" high x 2.5" deep
- Side Pocket: The side pocket measures 5.75" wide x 2.75" high x 1.75" deep
- Storage Compartment: The storage pocket measures 5.75" wide x 8.25" high x 6" deep
Installation Video: VIP has produced a helpful installation video. You may view it here.
Made In The USA: The VIP E-Z-Go TXT Dash is custom manufactured in Elkton, Virginia.
Plug-and-Play Connections: The RFRZ-PMXWH1 wire harness can be used to install the Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 marine source unit in your golf cart. It provides direct plug-in Molex-type power/ground connections to the PMX-2, replacing the PMX-2 digital marine source unit's standard wiring harness. It also provides the front speaker wiring harness with quick slide terminals to connect the Rockford Fosgate speakers, and ring terminals to attach the power wire to the battery and ground wire to your golf cart's metal chassis. The harness also includes rear speaker wire leads if you choose to add rear speakers to the system.
Universal Panel Mount Input Port: The Rockford Fosgate Punch PAUX is a universal panel-mounted input port that allows you to have easy access to USB and Auxiliary audio connections. This port is designed to extend these types of connections from the back of a source unit to an easily accessible spot on the dash or console. This helps eliminate unsightly cables from hanging out of the dash or glove compartment and provides a more secure connection for your mobile devices.
Note: Not compatible with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
USB and Aux Inputs: The port features a front-mounted female USB-A port and a female 3.5mm aux input, which is attached to 6' extension cables terminating at a male USB-A connector and male stereo RCA jack. A Rubber cap protects the USB-A and 3.5mm audio inputs.
Mounting Options: The unit mounts in a 1" (diameter) x 1" (deep) mounting hole and secures with the included retaining nut, while the water resistant cover helps to keep out moisture and dirt when not being used. The PAUX's front-panel measures 1.125" in diameter.
1 question already asked