About the Klipsch RW-5802 II + RSA-500
Deep in-wall bass for your living space
Deep in-wall bass for your living space
I love solid, driving bass as much as anyone, but sometimes find that a floor-standing subwoofer box messes with my feng shui. That's what makes the Klipsch RW-5802 II such a great investment. Dual 8" Cerametallic™ woofers provide low-end response down to 45 Hz, and the whole assembly is designed to be mounted in-wall, with a paintable grille, so it work its magic without being an eyesore. The RW-5802 II is an updated version of a classic Klipsch design, so you know it's a time-tested way to deliver bass that enhances your enjoyment of music and movies.
Plus a matching amplifier
Finding the right amplifier to power a subwoofer can be difficult. Klipsch has taken the worry out of that equation: the RW-5802 II and included RSA-500 amp are literally made for each other. The amp provides 300 watts of reliable power when driving one subwoofer, and you can double down on bass by adding a second subwoofer (not included) to the same amp, and wiring for 4 ohms. The amp's standard chassis width and attractive aluminum face plate allow it to fit in easily with your other components.
RW-5802 II in-wall subwoofer:
- two 8" Ceremetalic™ woofers
- frequency response: 45-140 Hz (±4dB)
- MDF baffle
- sealed integrated enclosure for maximum installation flexibility
- mounting hardware, anti-rattle isolation pads included
- paintable bezel and rustproof aluminum grille
- 11-13/16"W x 20-13/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- 300 watts (mono) RMS into 8 ohms (500 watts into 4 ohms when driving two subwoofers)
- frequency response: 20-1,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- high-efficiency BASH (Bridged Amplifier Switching Hybrid) amplifier
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz low-pass crossover
- speaker-level and line-level inputs and outputs
- unfiltered LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- EQ switch for use with different subwoofers
- adjustable phase control
- signal-sensing auto on/off mode
- rack ears included
- black anodized aluminum face plate
- detachable AC power cord
- 17"W x 3-1/2"H x 12-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Klipsch RW-5802 II + RSA-500 Bundle includes a passive in-wall subwoofer and matching amplifier (both individually packaged).
- The Klipsch RW-5802 II box includes:
- In-wall passive subwoofer
- White magnetic grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
- The Klipsch RSA-500 box includes:
- RSA-500 Subwoofer amplifier
- 8' AC power cord
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 4 Machine screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch RW-5802 II + RSA-500
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||0|
|Frequency Response||45-140 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||Lifetime sub/5 Yrs amp|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||Lifetime sub/5 Yrs amp|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||N/A|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||N/A|
Bundle Overview: This Klipsch in-wall subwoofer bundle includes the RW-5802 II in-wall subwoofer and the Klipsch RSA-500 matching amplifier.
Warranty: The Klipsch RW-5802 II and RSA-500 are covered by the full manufacturer's warranty for the following terms:
- Subwoofer: Limited Lifetime
- Amplifier: 2 Years
In-Wall Passive Sub: The Klipsch RW-5802 II is a passive in-wall subwoofer which features dual 8" Cerametallic woofer in a sealed integrated enclosure. The Klipsch RW-5802 II offers hard-hitting bass, high power handling, and installation flexibility. The RW-5802 II requires the Klipsch RSA-500 amplifier (714RSA500, sold separately).
Note: While the RW-5802 II in-wall subwoofer and RSA-500 subwoofer amplifier are sold separately, they must be used in conjunction with one another.
Dual 8" Long-Throw Woofers: The RW-5802 II gets its deep-driving bass courtesy of dual 8" long-throw woofers. These exclusive drivers feature stiff, well-damped Cerametallic cones, a specially treated aluminum that has been anodized, or electrochemically transformed into ceramic on both outer surfaces. Second only to diamond in strength, this ceramic compound allows the woofers to move at high speeds without blurring the sound like conventional designs.
Sealed Enclosure: Because it features an MDF baffle with a reinforced composite sealed enclosure, this high-powered, passive module subwoofer provides guaranteed performance and minimizes sound transfer into adjacent rooms.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Klipsch RW-5802 II in-wall subwoofer features two spring-post terminals which will accept bare speaker wire (18AWG minimum), pin-connectors, or banana plugs (single/dual). The spring-post speaker terminals are color-coded (red/black) for easy identification between positive and negative.
Installation: Fitting standard 2" x 4" construction, the easy-to-install RW-5802 II can accommodate any new or existing structure with a minimum 0.5" dry wall surface. It requires a cutout of 10.125" (w) x 19.125" (h), with a mounting depth of 3.75". A cardboard template is included to assist you in making the cutout.
Note: Do not mount in ceiling.
Paintable Grille: The RW-5802 II's magnetic white grille covers the entire front bezel of the in-wall speaker and is paintable, so you can match any decor.
Overview: The RSA-500 amplifier is designed to be used with either the Klipsch RW-5802 in-wall, RW-5101-C in-ceiling, or AW-800-SW outdoor subwoofer. A Sub EQ Selector on the rear panel specifies which subwoofer(s) you're using. One amplifier can power up to two subwoofers at the same time.
Amplifier: The RSA-500 is a BASH (Bridged Amplifier Switching Hybrid) amplifier design that produces 300 watts RMS into 8 ohms and 500 watts RMS into 4 ohms (two subs). The Dynamic Power rating is 875 watts into 8 ohms.
Variable Crossover: The amplifier has a built-in variable crossover, making it easy to match the subwoofer with the main speakers. The crossover point is continuously variable from 40 Hz to 120 Hz.
Power Mode: The power mode switch has three settings:
- Trigger: the amp turns on when there's a DC voltage (5-30 volts) on the 3.5mm Trigger Input jack
- Auto: the amp turns on when there's an audio signal input on the speaker level or line level inputs
- On: on whenever the master power switch is on
Front Panel Controls:
- Crossover: rotary knob; adjust the low-pass crossover point from 40-120 Hz
- Volume: rotary knob; adjust the volume level of the subwoofer to match the other speakers
Rear Panel Controls:
- Phase Switch: switches the polarity of the two speaker outputs; the correct setting is that which yields the fullest bass
- Sub EQ: set the EQ switch to match the sub in the system; RW-5802, RW-5101-C, or AW-800-SW
- Power Mode: choose one of three power modes: Trigger (amp turns on when there's a DC voltage, 5-30 volts, on the 3.5mm Trigger Input jack), Auto (amp turns on when there's an audio signal input on the speaker or line level inputs), or On
- AC Main: master power switch; on/off
Rear Panel Connections:
- Speaker Output (1 and 2): 2 sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts; the speaker outputs are wired in parallel and allow you to connect one or two subwoofers to the amplifier; the posts will accommodate up to 12 gauge bare wire
- Speaker Input: gold-plated, stereo 5-way binding posts
- Line Input (filtered): left and right RCA audio jacks; use this configuration if you wish to set the subwoofer crossover point using the RSA-500's low-pass control knob on the front panel
- LFE Input (unfiltered): single RCA audio jack; when using this input the RSA-500's internal crossover is bypassed
- Line Output: left, right, and LFE RCA audio jacks (unfiltered)
- Trigger Input: 3.5mm mini-jack
2 questions already asked