About the Bluesound PULSE SOUNDBAR+ Bundle
A complete surround sound package from Bluesound
A complete surround sound package from Bluesound
Bluesound's PULSE series was made with wireless hi-fi in mind. Each speaker in the series sounds great by itself, but we decided to kick things up a notch and bundle their PULSE SOUNDBAR+, SUB+, and FLEX 2i speakers together to give you a rockin' audiophile-grade system that's great for home theater and music alike.
The SOUNDBAR+ does an excellent job at providing your home theater with a strong front soundstage thanks to virtual Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital processing. Dialogue enhancement mode helps those quiet scenes and whispered lines come through crisp and clear. Front left and right sound effects are punctual and engaging, bringing your favorite action flicks and bingeworthy TV dramas to life in your living room.
The PULSE SUB+ included in this bundle adds impact to low-frequency sounds, whether they're coming from the roar of thunder or the playful plucking of standup bass strings. The pair of included FLEX 2i speakers complete the full home theater setup, giving you clean, wraparound surround sound effects.
Bluesound's PULSE SOUNDBAR+ provides excellent front soundstage effects and can even virtually reproduce Dolby Atmos signals.
Say goodbye to wires
This system is entirely self-amplified, so there's no need for a separate home theater receiver or connecting cables between speakers. Place the sound bar underneath your TV, the subwoofer off to the side, and the FLEX 2i speakers behind you. You'll plug each speaker into an AC outlet for power, and complete the system setup using the Bluesound mobile app.
Use your voice
Bluesound's ecosystem supports voice control through Google and Alexa voice controllers. You can use your voice to play, pause, and skip music tracks and control the volume. If you have more Bluesound speakers set up in other rooms of your home, you can even tell your system to play tracks in different rooms.
Great for music, too
When it comes to music files and streaming sources, the Bluesound platform is just about as inclusive as they come. This system can support tracks up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution, including high-quality MQA files. Through the BluOS app, you can play music from your favorite streaming services, including TIDAL, Amazon Music HD, Pandora®, Spotify®, iHeart Radio, Deezer, and many more. Or, if you've got high-res tracks on an external storage device, plug it into the SOUNDBAR+'s rear USB port. Don't feel like using the app? The speakers also support Bluetooth with aptX® HD, letting you stream over Bluetooth with surprisingly robust sound quality.
You can add more Bluesound components to other rooms in your home if you'd like to enjoy high-res music throughout.
- PULSE FLEX 2i: A compact speaker that'll fit just about anywhere.
- PULSE MINI 2i: This all-in-one speaker fits well on a bookshelf, table, or desk.
- PULSE 2i: A beefy wireless speaker that brings a lot of sound without taking up a ton of space.
- NODE: Lets you make any home receiver or component a part of the Bluesound ecosystem
- POWERNODE: An amplifier that works well in almost any room. It can power most bookshelf and tower speakers with ease with its 80-watt x 2 output.
- VAULT 2i: If you've got a large CD collection you'd like to stream anywhere, look no further. The Vault 2i can rip them and store the files on its built-in 2TB hard drive.
- Featured in our article: Best wireless surround sound systems for 2023
- includes Bluesound PULSE SOUNDBAR+ with virtual Dolby Atmos support, PULSE SUB+ wireless subwoofer, and two FLEX 2i wireless surround speakers
- system is great for TV and movies, streaming music, and playing digital audio files stored on a hard drive
- system can be expanded into other rooms for whole-home audio
PULSE SOUNDBAR+ specs:
- powered two-channel sound bar with virtual Dolby Atmos
- supports Dolby Digital® audio signals
- six audiophile-grade drivers:
- two 1" tweeters, two 2" midrange driver, and two 4" woofers
- two 4" passive radiators
- built in 120W DirectDigital™ Hi-Fi amplifier
- frequency response: 70-20,000Hz (±1dB)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- works with Alexa and Google voice controllers
- control the system with the free BluOS app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer (available from Apple® App Store and Google Play)
- communicates with other Bluesound components via your home network (wired or wireless)
- play music in multiple rooms when you add other Bluesound players (up to 64 zones)
- supported file types: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, MQA, OPUS, ALAC, WAV, AIFF and MPEG-4 SLS files
- high-fidelity Bluetooth with aptX HD audio coding for more musical detail (not compatible with iOS® devices)
- BluOS app includes support for Spotify, Deezer, TIDAL, Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, and Napster
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream music directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- HDMI eARC input
- USB Type A input for connecting an external storage device
- Toslink optical digital input
- 3.5mm analog input
- weight: 15 lbs.
- 42-1/4"W x 5-5/8"H x 3-3/4"D (not including feet)
- warranty: 1 year
PULSE SUB+ specs:
- 8" polypropylene woofer powered by a 150-watt RMS Class D amplifier
- frequency response: 22-150 Hz (±2dB)
- line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input for optional wired connection
- in-app controls for volume, crossover, and phase adjustment
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- 18-1/16"W x 11-15/16"H x 5-3/4"D
- weight: 18.25 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
FLEX 2i specs:
- one 3-1/2" woofer and one 1" tweeter powered by a 25 watt internal amplifier
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz
- works with Alexa and Google voice controllers
- moisture-resistant sealed enclosure
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream music directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- built-in dual band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- 5"W x 7-3/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- weight: 2.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- Pulse Soundbar+:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 5' HDMI cable
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 2 Kickstand feet
- Wall-mount bracket
- 4 Large spacers
- 4 Small spacers
- 12 Self-adhesive foam pads
- Quick Setup Guide
- Wall-mount template
- Warranty Information
- Information booklet
- Pulse Sub+:
- Wireless powered sub
- Detachable grille
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Magnetic rubber feet
- Wall-mount bracket
- Cardboard template
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Information
- Pulse Flex 2i:
- 2 Wireless speakers
- Two 6' AC power cords
- 2 Optical-to-3.5mm adapters
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Information
- License Agreement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bluesound PULSE SOUNDBAR+ Bundle
Features & specs
|Type of Front Speakers||Sound Bar|
|Includes Center Speaker||No|
|Includes Rear Speakers||Wireless (included)|
|Includes Powered Subwoofer||Yes|
|System Frequency Response||22-20k|
|Sound Bar||120 watts built in|
|Front Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Front Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Front Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Center Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Center Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Center Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Sound Bar Tweeter||1" Dome (2)|
|Sound Bar Midrange||2" Cone (2)|
|Sound Bar Woofer||4" Cone (2)|
|Rear Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Rear Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Rear Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Subwoofer Driver||8" Cone|
|Subwoofer Passive Radiator||Polypropylene|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Front Speaker Size (inches)||N/A|
|Front Speaker Weight||N/A|
|Center Speaker Size (inches)||N/A|
|Center Speaker Weight||N/A|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||42-1/4W x 5-5/8H x3-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||15 lbs.|
|Rear Speaker Size (inches)||5W x 7-1/4H x 5D|
|Rear Speaker Weight||---|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||18-1/16W x 11-15/16H x 5-3/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||18.25 lbs.|
|Surround Formats -Self-powered Systems-|
|Audio Enhancements -Self-powered Systems-|
|Virtual Surround||Surround mode|
|Audio Streaming -Self-powered Systems-|
|Online Music Sources||via BluOS|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Wi-Fi Networking -Self-powered Systems-|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|HDMI Connections -Self-powered Systems-|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
4.1Ch Dolby Atmos Speaker System: With Dolby Atmos, you can experience music, movies, and games in the most immersive and cinematic way. Every sound is precisely positioned around you, creating a three-dimensional space that places you in the recording studio or in the middle of the action, bringing you closer to the artists and characters you love. Because the Pulse Soundbar+ has no dedicated surround or overhead speakers, a Dolby Atmos soundtrack will be simulated through the soundbar's 2ch multi-driver array configuration, as well as the wireless rear speakers, and wireless powered subwoofer for a 4.1ch Dolby Atmos experience.
- Active Soundbar Speaker: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ features six integrated high-performance drivers (including two tweeters, two midrange drivers and two midbass woofers), plus two advanced passive radiators - resulting in a fully immersive sonic experience that delivers room-filling sound. Utilizing a unique three-way, tri-amplified (120W) speaker design, each driver inside the Pulse Soundbar+ is driven by its own dedicated amplified channel where the low and high frequencies are seamlessly blended using DSP-powered crossover filters. Each driver is housed in individually optimized chambers to eliminate vibrations, allowing the soundbar speaker to deliver the deepest bass without any distortion. The Pulse Soundbar+'s stylish black cabinet is constructed from extruded aluminum which is known for its unyielding rigidity and strength, while allowing the largest possible interior volume due to thin wall construction.
- Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Bluesound Pulse Sub+ features an 8" polypropylene woofer with rubber surround and a smart DSP Class D amplifier that is rated at 150 watts RMS / 200 watts Peak for deep, detailed bass without distortion. Its tight, dynamic power, and the ability to go down to 22Hz without distortion, makes the Pulse Sub+ ideal for almost any type of sound around the home. For extra bass, a second Pulse Sub+ can be added. The Pulse Sub+ is designed to connect wirelessly to Pulse Soundbar+ using your home's WiFi network. The Pulse Sub+ also offers a mono-RCA input, if you prefer a hardwired connection. In the BluOS app are simple and dedicated controls for volume (0-10), crossover (50-150Hz/LFE), and phase adjustment (0-180°), allowing you to easily control and adjust the sub to its optimal settings for the best listening experience.
- Wireless Rear Speakers: The Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i wireless powered speakers employ various technologies; including advanced DirectDigital amplification from NAD Electronics, custom-tuned drivers from PSB Speakers, and BluOS multiroom audio software for seamless hi-res audio throughout your home. The Pulse Flex 2i houses one 1" dome tweeter and one 3.5" mid-bass woofer designed by PSB Speakers. The Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i offers a full-range sound with a frequency response of 45Hz to 20kHz. The Pulse Flex 2i utilizes a Direct Digital amplifier from NAD Electronics rated at 25 watts with 0.03% THD. State-of-the-art DSP equalization maximizes bass power and clarity. The end result is an innovative wireless powered speaker that delivers rich, detailed, and crystal-clear sound with no distortion.
HDMI eARC: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ features one HDMI eARC jack to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI eARC input. The Pulse Soundbar+'s HDMI eARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent to the soundbar speaker. The HDMI eARC output supports Stereo PCM (2ch), Dolby Digital (5.1ch), Dolby Digital Plus (7.1ch), Dolby TrueHD (7.1ch), and Dolby Atmos (future firmware update).
- Your TV must also support HDMI eARC to enjoy Dolby TrueHD (7.1ch) and Dolby Atmos (future firmware update). If your TV is only HDMI ARC compatible, then the soundbar will be limited to Stereo PCM, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus.
- The Pulse Soundbar+ is not compatible with DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS:X.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Pulse Soundbar+ is outfitted with both analog and digital audio inputs. There is one optical (toslink) digital input to connect to your TV's optical output. The unit supports 2ch PCM & 5.1ch Dolby Digital audio (Dolby Digital will be down-mixed to 2ch). There is also a stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog input for connecting an analog audio source.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Audio Settings: The Pulse Soundbar+ offers a Dialogue Enhancement mode for clear movie dialogue, a Late Night Listening Mode for compressing the soundbar's dynamic range while watching movies late at night, plus Bass & Treble adjustment to fine tune the soundbar speaker's sound.
USB Port: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ features a USB (type-A) port to directly connect a USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard disk drives (HDDs that require more than 0.5A of power will require a separate power supply). The unit's USB port supports music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS. Not only can USB audio be played back on the Pulse Soundbar+, but can also be wirelessly distributed to the rest of your Bluesound components throughout your home for multiroom playback.
- Hi-Res Music Files: FLAC, MQA, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC (up to 192kHz and 24-bit)
- Compressed Music Files: MP3, AAC, WMA, and OGG (up to 48kHz and 320kbps)
Note: The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iOS or Android device. Do connect a USB hub or USB card-reader.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ offers built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with two-way wireless communication and support for aptX HD. You'll be able to wirelessly stream high-quality audio from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to the Pulse Soundbar+. You'll also be able to use the Pulse Soundbar+ as a source and wirelessly stream its audio content to a set of Bluetooth headphones (sold separately).
- aptX HD: The advanced Qualcomm CSR8675 chip used in the Pulse Soundbar+ supports aptX HD Bluetooth wireless audio. aptX HD is an enhanced codec that supports 24-bit audio over Bluetooth and has been engineered to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, resulting in lower background noise. With the ability to support streams up to 24bit/48kHz, you're able to wirelessly stream from an aptX HD compatible device to the Pulse Soundbar+ without sacrificing sound quality and listen to "better-than-CD" quality audio.
- Two-Way Communication: The Pulse Soundbar+ offers two-way Bluetooth, featuring both Receive and Transmit functionality. Receive capability allows you to wirelessly stream from your device to the Pulse Soundbar+. The Transmit capability means you can also use the Pulse Pulse Soundbar+ as a source and what your are listening to via Bluetooth to a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones (sold separately).
Note: The Pulse Soundbar+ can be paired and connected via Bluetooth without utilizing a network connection or the BluOS Controll app.
Mounting Options: The soundbar, powered subwoofer, and rear speakers offers flexible mounting options.
- Soundbar: Intended for use with flat-panel TV's 49" or greater, the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ can be simply placed on a shelf that is below or above your television. It can also be wall-mount below or above your TV using the included wall-mount bracket. Also available is the Bluesound TS100 tabletop stand (sold separately) that lets you mount up to a 65" TV along with the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ on top of your piece of AV furniture.
- Subwoofer: The Pulse Sub+ features a sleek, compact design and comes with magnetic rubber feet, plus a custom mounting bracket to give you the flexibility and freedom to place the wireless powered sub practically anywhere in your room. Its versatile design allows you to place it vertically on the floor beside a piece of furniture or position it horizontally under a couch. The included mounting bracket allows you to wall-mount the Pulse Sub+.
- Standing Vertical: When placeing the sub on the floor vertically, make sure to attach the supplied magnetic rubber feet to the magnetic area on the bottom of the subwoofer to limit any unwanted vibrations.
- Laying Horizontal: You can place the subwoofer on its back (horizontallY) so it can fit under a sofa or table. The four rubber feet on the back of the product will help limit any unwanted vibrations. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 5.75" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when positioned horizontally. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 12.0625" (h) x 5.75" (d) when positioned vertically.
- Wall-Mounted: The included bracket allows the sub to be wall-mounted horizontally or vertically. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 5.875" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when mounted horizontally. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 11.9375" (h) x 5.875" (d) when mounted vertically.
- Rear Speakers: The Pulse Flex 2i speakers can simply be placed on a table-top, shelf, stand, desk, or other piece of furniture with a flat surface. There is also a M6 threaded insert on the back of the speaker which allows you to wall-mount it using Bluesound's VM100 wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
Power Requirements: The soundbar, powered sub, and rear speakers each include a detachable 6' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The Pulse Flex 2i rear speakers can also be powered by Bluesound's BP100 battery pack (sold separately) which delivers 6 hours of playback.
ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core Processor (1.8GHz): The Blusound system features an all-new quad-core processor designed specifically to deliver audio at ultra-fast speeds with the highest quality. A revolutionary breakthrough, Bluesound's new flagship processing system is the next evolution in the BluOS experience. With four processor cores dedicated to ultimate performance, it's a chipset designed for the world of music streaming.
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+, Pulse Sub+, and Pulse Flex 2i speakers are part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. Using advanced technologies (like dual-band WiFi and an all-new ARM Cortex quad-core processor), BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (from computers and NAS drives); as well as analog & digital inputs (including HDMI & Optical).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bluesound system can be connected to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack connector or wireless 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac connection. The 5GHz WiFi band offers a more faster and reliable connection with less interruptions and dropouts. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music libraries from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault 2i, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services and internet radio.
- Wired Ethernet Setup: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no setup. If you wish to use the wired connection, simply connect the Pulse Soundbar+ directly to your router or home network using an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
- Wireless WiFi Setup: A wireless connection allows you to place your BluOS Player virtually anywhere inside your home, but does require setup through the BluOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you are on a Windows PC (7/8/10) or Apple Mac, you'll use Bluesound's web browser based application. You'll be walked you through the set-up process step-by-step.
Note: A wireless network connection will always be required for the BluOS Controller App.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Notes: Bluesound cannot index or play AAC files with the extension ".m4p". These files were purchased in iTunes prior to 2009 and are subject to copy protection. Apple Consumers with an iTunes Match subscription can delete and re-download these files free of charge from their iTunes Cloud
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOs App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Bluesound device from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include Qobuz, HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Computer Audio: The BluOS wireless multiroom audio system by Bluesound lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (Vista-up) & Mac (OS X 10.7-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: The Pulse Soundbar+ will support AirPlay 2 through an available firmware update. With AirPlay 2, you'll be able to stream just about any sound (including music, books, podcasts and more) from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the Bluesound system - all in sync. You can even watch movies and videos from Netlfix or YouTube on your Apple device while streaming the audio through to the Bluesound system. AirPlay 2 also gives you more options for control, including using Siri voice assistance. If you are an Apple Music subscriber and add the Pulse Soundbar+ to the Apple Home App on your iPhone or iPad, you can use your iOS device or HomePod to say things like - "Hey Siri, play jazz in the Living Room" or "Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the Kitchen." You can even group Gen 2i Bluesound products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
Roon Ready: Roon Ready network devices (such as Bluesound) have Roon's streaming technology built-in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming. Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD, and MQA) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Bluesound product or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Bluesound product. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
AV Mode: By connecting your TV or another video source to the Pulse Soundbar+ through an analog, optical or HDMI input you can listen to your favorite shows or movies through the BluOS wireless eco-system. Grouping multiple BluOS devices from one of these inputs can require an abundance of network traffic to ensure your audio is staying in sync over your network with the original video source. To help with this Bluesound have introduced AV mode to the BluOS app which creates a short and unintrusive buffer to your audio to ensure theBluOS system stays in sync with your video even with slower or cluttered networks.
- AV Mode Enabled (On): With AV Mode enabled on your input source, the BluOS app will automatically adjust the audio delay to keep your grouped BluOS devices in sync with the video source connected. Using the Lip-sync delay slider below the AV Mode setting you can manually adjust the lower end of this delay to better suit the speed of your network.
- AV Mode Disabled (Off): When your BluOS device is connected to an audio source without video, such as a turntable or CD player, the AV Mode setting should be disabled.
Simple Intuitive Control
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 5.0-up, Windows PC (Vista-up), and Mac OS X 10.15-up) turns your mobile device or computer into a full-featured wireless remote control for the Bluesound soundbar speaker system and a BluOS wireless multiroom audio system. The BluOS Controller app on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller app.
- Multiroom Audio: Play a different song at the same time in different rooms, or group all your BluOS enabled devices together and listen to your favorite music in perfect sync throughout your home.
- Now Playing Screen: Control your music and adjust the volume in any room, get rich album artwork and detailed artist info, right from the Now Playing screen. Even check what quality you are streaming at to ensure the best possible listening experience.
- Individual Songs & Playlists: Tap a song and have it play instantly, or create and edit playlists on the fly by simply adding songs or entire albums to the play queue. Playlists can then be saved inside the app and listened to at any time.
Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control: Bluesound supports Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control. Using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask Blue Voice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell Blue Voice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 6.0+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+ ).
- The Bluesound device does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Clich here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.
TV Remote Learning: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+ does not come with a remote, but does offer a built-in IR sensor, so you can program your TV's remote control to operate volume up/down of the soundbar speaker. Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the speaker and TV remote to work together.
Optional IR Remote: The Bluesound RC1 (sold separately) is an optional IR remote control for Bluesound Pulse Soundbar+. The BLS RC1 remote gives you convenient control over your Bluesound component with simple setup. Its streamlined button layout and dedicated controls let you easily control playback without having to use the BluOS Controller app on your smartphone or tablet. Plus, with the Bluesound RC1 remote control, you can set-up and program up to 10 presets inside the BluOS Controller app and enjoy your favorite albums, playlists, and radio stations with a single touch of the remote.