About the SIRIUS Kenwood Package
This package includes everything needed to receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio through your compatible Kenwood receiver. The SC-C1 universal SIRIUS tuner connects to your Kenwood receiver through the included KCA-SR50 adapter. You'll see channel, song, and artist information on your stereo's display, and you can even save your favorite SIRIUS channels as presets. The adapter works with all 2005-up satellite-ready Kenwood car stereos.
The package includes a roof-mount antenna that attaches to your vehicle with its powerful magnetic base. The included removable metal mounting plate makes it easy to install the tuner box out of sight. The KCA-SR50 adapter does not have a pass-through connection. You'll need to purchase an adapter if you want to connect multiple Kenwood components (CD changer, iPod adapter, etc.) to your in-dash receiver.
Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
- SiriusConnect tuner and adapter package for Kenwood
- provides control of SIRIUS satellite radio through select Kenwood car stereos
- antenna included
- no pass-through connection adapter required to connect this satellite radio with another Kenwood component
- tuner: 3-3/8"W x 1-5/16"H x 5-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains two separately boxed items: The Sirius SC-C1 Sirius Connect Universal Vehicle tuner and the Kenwood KCA-SR50 Sirius Satellite Radio Interface
- The Sirius SC-C1 box contains:
- Sirius Connect vehicle tuner
- Mini-magnetic antenna with 21' cable using a SMB connector
- 63" Sirius Connect interface cable with a male 8-pin DIN-connector on each end
- 4 Mounting screws
- 2.75" Rubber antenna tail cover with a self-adhesive backing
- Alcohol wipe
- Installation Guide
- Sirius Channel Guide
- The Kenwood KCA-SR50 box contains:
- Sirius Interface Box
- 8' DIN-cable with a proprietary 13-pin male DIN-connector on each end
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Velcro strip
- Instruction Manual (English/Spanish/French)
SIRIUS Kenwood Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SIRIUS Kenwood Package
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Package Overview: This package contains the SIRIUS SC-C1 SIRIUS Connect Universal Vehicle tuner and the Kenwood KCA-SR50 SIRIUS Satellite Radio Interface. Together, they allow you to add SIRIUS Radio to a Satellite Ready Kenwood headunit. In addition to the tuner, interface, and compatible head unit. You will also need a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio: SIRIUS Satellite Radio features more than 120 streams of original programming beamed coast-to-coast, including 65 streams of commercial-free, digital-quality music, and news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the continental United States. Limited service is available in Alaska. Service is not available in Hawaii or U.S. Territories.
Compatibility: The KCA-SR50 is compatible with Satellite Radio Ready 2005-2007 Head-units when used with the supplied SiriusConnect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner. The following Satellite Radio Ready Kenwood head-units and media controllers are compatible with the KCA-SR50 and SC-C1.
- 2007 Kenwood Headunits: KDC-MP2035, KDC-MP235, KDC-MP3035, KDC-MP335, KDC-MP435U, KDC-MP535U, KDC-MP635, KDC-MP735U, KDC-X491, KDC-X591, KDC-X791, KDCX-891, KDC-X991, KVT-819DVD, KVT-719DVD, KOS-V1000, KOS-V500, DPX302, DPX502, DDX8019, DDX7019
- 2006 Kenwood Headunits: KDC- MP2032, KDC-232, KDC-232MR, KDC-MP332, KDC-MP4032, KDC-MP5032, KDC-MP532U, KDC-MP632U, KDC-MP732, KDC-MP832U, KDC-X590, KDC-X790, KDC-X890, KDC-X990, KDV-412, KVT-617DVD, KOS-A200, DPX301, DPX501, DPX701, DDX6019
- 2005 Kenwood Headunits: EZ500, KDC-228, KDC-328, KDC-3028, KDC-MP2028, KDC-MP228, KDC-MP4028, KDC-MP428, KDC-MP5028, KDC-MP528, KDC-MP628, KDC-MP7028, KDC-MP728, KDC-MP828, KDC-MP928, KDC-X589, KDC-X789, KDC-X889, KVT-717DVD, KVT-817DVD, KVT-M707, DDX7017, DDX8017, XXV-01D, XXV-05
SIRIUS Antenna: The compact SIRIUS antenna has a powerful magnetic base that allows you to mount the antenna on the roof or trunk lid of your vehicle. The antenna needs to be positioned in such a way that it will be free of mechanical and line-of-sight obstructions. The attached antenna cable is 21' long. The antenna measures 1.605" wide x 0.505" tall x 2.005" deep.
Mounting: The hide-away interface features built-in flanges and comes with four self-tapping screws to secure the unit to a flat surface of your vehicle. The unit comes supplied with an 8' connecting cable so keep that in mind when mounting the unit away from your headunit. The SC-C1 comes supplied with a removable metal mounting plate with three pre-drilled holes on either side and four self-tapping mounting screws to secure the device to a solid, flat surface. The mounting plate can be removed allowing the unit to be mounted directly to a smooth, flat, clean surface using either double stick tape, Velcro or other adhesive material (not supplied).
Kenwood KCA-SR50 Interface:
- To Sirius Tuner: 8-pin round connector used to connect a Sirius Satellite cable (supplied with optional SiriusConnect Satellite Radio Tuner or Vehicle Kit) from the Kenwood Sirius Interface Box to the SiriusConnect compatible Satellite Radio Tuner or Vehicle Kit.
- To Headunit: 13-pin round DIN-connector used to connect the supplied 8' DIN cable from the Kenwood Sirius Interface Box to the CD-changer port on the rear chassis of your compatible Kenwood headunit.
Note: This device does not feature a pass-through port, which means you will need the Kenwood KCA-S220A Dual-Source Switching Unit (113KCAS220, sold separately) to add an additional external source device to your compatible Kenwood headunit.
SCC-1 Sirius Tuner:
- SC Output: female 8-pin DIN-port for supplied Sirius Connect cable
- Antenna: single SMB input