About the Restaurant Sound System
Create a hip soundscape to perk up your business
Create a hip soundscape to perk up your business
You work hard to cultivate an appealing vibe that attracts customers and keeps them coming back to your eatery. The furniture, lighting, artwork, and customer service all play a big part. So, too, does the background music system. This cost-effective, easy-to-use package sounds great and looks good. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
The AA35G 70-volt mixer/amplifier powers five PM4FAB pendant speakers. Music is supplied by an optional network music player. Ask your advisor to recommend a music player that suits your needs. Add an optional microphone if you need to make announcements.
AA35G mixer amplifier
The Atlas Sound AA35G provides ample power for background music. Add an optional microphone if you'd like to make announcements. You can set the AA35G so the music mutes when the microphone is on. You can route any combination of inputs to a Zone 2 output for music on hold (MOH) in a telephone system. Covered by a 3-year warranty.
PM4FAB pendant speakers
The Atlas PM4FAB pendant speakers hang from the ceiling like a light fixture, providing wide coverage and impressive audio quality. The discreet, attractive enclosure is perfect for open-ceiling applications. Attaching a PM4FA to most overhead surfaces is a breeze. It's compatible with standard 3/4" ceiling fan hardware. For open-beam ceilings, it comes with a suspension cable system and a top cover to hide the connections.
Five pendant speakers (tapped at 4 watts) cover this typical shop with pleasant background music.
The music source
Ask your advisor about options for a music source. Pandora® and SiriusXM™ offer business music players that include the licenses you need to legally play music in your store. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact the performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
What's in the box:
- This Atlas bundle contains 7 individually packaged items:
- AA35G Mixer/Amplifier:
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Owners Manual
- PM4FAB Pendant Speakers (x5):
- 1 Pendant mount speaker
- 10' Suspension cable kit
- Instruction manual
- Liberty Speaker Wire:
- 500' Length of 18AWG 2-conductor Plenum-rated commercial speaker wire
Restaurant Sound System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Restaurant Sound System
System Overview: The Atlas sound system for small coffee shops includes an Atlas AA35G 35 watt mixer/amplifier, 5 Atlas PM4FAB pendant mount speakers, and a 500' spool of Liberty plenum-rated, 18 ga. commercial speaker wire.
Amplifier Overview: The Atlas AA35G is a 3 input channel mixer/amplifier designed for distributed business paging and background music systems, small to medium speech privacy systems, and in applications where music on hold plus paging is required. With one balanced microphone/line input and two stereo unbalanced line inputs, the AA35G will accommodate a variety of input sources including paging microphones, cd players, and digital music receivers. A dip switch selectable matrix allows the creation of a Zone 2 mix from any or all of the input sources for music or messaging on hold applications. The amp also provides 70V, 100V, and 8Ω connections, with 35 watts of output power.
Inputs: All inputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Input 1: This is a 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector that can accommodate a mic or line level signal . It also includes Priority terminals for a "push-to-talk" mic, which mutes the other inputs when activated. This input can also use voice-activated (VOX) muting, which is triggered by a signal on the microphone and includes a Threshold dial, which adjusts how loud the mic signal must be to mute the other channels.
- Inputs 2 and 3: Both of these inputs are stereo, unbalanced RCA inputs for running audio signals such as a CD or MP3 player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
Outputs: All outputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Amplifier Output: The main speaker output is a 4-terminal set screw block, that includes connections for 100V, 70V, and 8Ω speaker configurations. This section has a pre-installed protective metal cover that is easily removed to access terminals.
- Line Output: This section uses a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector to pass the main audio signal out to another amplifier. This output is not affected by the Master Level control on the front panel.
- Zone 2 Output: This 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector includes an MOH (Music on Hold) input, which ties into a phone system, allowing any music source connected to the amp to play over a phone line while a caller is on hold. There is also an 8Ω/1W output, for a direct speaker connection, and also has an adjustment dial to control the level of the Zone 2 signal.
DIP Switches: The AA35G includes a DIP switch matrix for quick and easy configuration of inputs and outputs. This allows for the following settings:
- 1 - CH1 Mic on/Line off
- 2 - CH1 Normal
- 3 - CH1 Priority
- 4 - CH1 Vox
- 5 - CH1 to Zone 2
- 6 - CH2 to Zone 2
- 7 - CH3 to Zone 2
- 8 - Phantom
Controls: The front panel controls of the AA35G include:
- Input Levels: Each of the three inputs has its own level control.
- Master Level: Controls the overall signal to the speaker output. This does not affect the Line Output level.
- Tone Controls: Recessed Bass and Treble controls allow ± 10dB of adjustment at 100Hz and 10kHz.
- Power Switch
LED Indicators: A Power indicator lights blue when the unit is powered on. A green LED above each of the Input Level controls lights when the input signal level exceeds -40dBu and flashes brightly if the signal reaches the distortion level. The Master Level section also includes a green signal indicator, which lights when the signal exceeds -40dBu, and a red Clip indicator that will flash brightly if the output signal reaches the distortion level.
Phantom Power: If DIP switch 8 is turned on, the AA35G will provide 15V of phantom power to Input 1. Condenser mics that require more than 15V of phantom power will not work.
Rack Mount: The AA35G can be rack mounted using the optional Atlas Rack Mount Kit (Item# 978AAGRMK2). This allows the amp to be mounted in a standard 19" rack space. Joiner plates are also included, with the Rack Mount Kit, so two of the AA35G's can be rack mounted side-by-side.
Speaker Overview: The Atlas Sound PM4FA-B is a pendant-mount speaker system, equipped with a Model FA134 high-performance 4" Strategy Series driver. It's the same driver used in the FAP42T in-ceiling speaker. The PM4FA-B is ideal for both music and paging applications. The speaker is mounted in an attractive down-firing enclosure, designed for low-height installations.
Driver: The Model FA134 speaker has a 4" polypropylene cone with Butyl Rubber surround, and a coaxially-mounted PEI Dome tweeter. The speaker provides 130° (65° off-axis) coverage (2kHz octave band). In the enclosure, the PM4FA-B has a 90° dispersion.
Transformer: The speaker is equipped with a 70V 16-watt transformer with a hidden screw terminal block for bare wire or spade lugs. It has primary taps of 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts, as well as an 8Ω bypass.
Installation: The PM4FA-B pendant-mount speaker comes with a 3-meter length of 2mm cable with a self-gripping ferrule system for open beam installation. For down pipe installation from hard ceiling material, any 3/4"-diameter ceiling fan installation kit may be utilized.
500' Spool: The Atlas Retail Sound System bundle includes a 500' spool of Liberty 18 ga., 2-conductor commercial speaker wire, that's plenum-rated for use in air handling spaces.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power: 35 Watts
- Zone 2 Output 1W: 1 Watt @ 8Ω
- Zone 2 Output 600Ω: 500mV into 600Ω
- Phantom Power: 15VDC
- Dimensions: Width = 8.25", Height = 3.875", Depth = 13.75"
- Weight: 8.1 lbs.
- Speaker Frequency Response: 70Hz - 20kHz
- Power Handling: 25 watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 88dB (1W/1M)
- Dispersion: 130° (90° in enclosure)
- Dimensions: Diameter = 9.25" Overall Height = 2.875"
- Assembly Net Weight: 13 pounds
- Length: 500'
- Gauge: 18
- Diameter: 0.154"
- Conductors: 2
- Plenum-rated: Yes
3 questions already asked