About the Retail Store Sound System
Music sets the tone for a great customer experience
Background music is just as critical to the success of your retail business as any other aspect of the store design. This cost-effective Atlas Sound system gets it right. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
The system includes six ceiling-mounted speakers, a good number for a small shop. Send us your floorplans, and your system designer will map out the best locations for the speakers.
The included AA35G 70-volt mixer/amplifier powers six FAP62T ceiling speakers. Music is supplied by an optional network music player. Ask your Advisor to recommend a music player that suits your needs. If more than six speakers are needed for good coverage in your shop, your designer may recommend a more powerful amp, such as the Atlas Sound AA60.
AA35G mixer amplifier
The Atlas Sound AA35G provides ample power for background music in a small retail business. Add an optional microphone if you'd like to make announcements. You can set the AA35G so the music mutes when the microphone is on. You can route any combination of inputs to a Zone 2 output for music on hold (MOH) in a telephone system. Covered by a 3-year warranty.
Six ceiling speakers (tapped at 4 watts) provide even coverage and plenty of volume for a small store.
FAP62T ceiling speakers
The FAP62T features a 6" woofer for solid bass and coaxially mounted tweeter for crisp, clean highs. Mounting gear for tile and drywall ceilings is included. The 5-year warranty gives you peace of mind.
The music source
Ask your advisor about options for a music source. Rockbot, Pandora® and SiriusXM™ offer business music players that include the licenses you need to legally play music in your store. If you use a Sonos player, a standard CD player, or another consumer-grade music player, you should secure the appropriate licenses. To learn how, read our article about how to legally use Sonos in your business.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
What's in the box:
- This Atlas bundle contains 5 individually packaged items:
- AA35G Mixer/Amplifier:
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Owners Manual
- FAP62T Speaker Set (x3):
- 2 Commercial in-ceiling speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Mounting rings
- 4 Mounting rails
- 8 Screws
- 2 Grille removal tools
- Liberty Speaker Wire:
- 500' Length of 18AWG 2-conductor Plenum-rated commercial speaker wire
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Retail Store Sound System
System Overview: The Atlas sound system for small retail shops includes an Atlas AA35G 35 watt mixer/amplifier, 6 Atlas FAP62T in-ceiling speakers, and a 500' spool of Liberty plenum-rated, 18 ga. commercial speaker wire.
Amplifier Overview: The Atlas AA35G is a 3 input channel mixer/amplifier designed for distributed business paging and background music systems, small to medium speech privacy systems, and in applications where music on hold plus paging is required. With one balanced microphone/line input and two stereo unbalanced line inputs, the AA35G will accommodate a variety of input sources including paging microphones, cd players, and digital music receivers. A dip switch selectable matrix allows the creation of a Zone 2 mix from any or all of the input sources for music or messaging on hold applications. The amp also provides 70V, 100V, and 8Ω connections, with 35 watts of output power.
Inputs: All inputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Input 1: This is a 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector that can accommodate a mic or line level signal . It also includes Priority terminals for a "push-to-talk" mic, which mutes the other inputs when activated. This input can also use voice-activated (VOX) muting, which is triggered by a signal on the microphone and includes a Threshold dial, which adjusts how loud the mic signal must be to mute the other channels.
- Inputs 2 and 3: Both of these inputs are stereo, unbalanced RCA inputs for running audio signals such as a CD or MP3 player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
Outputs: All outputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Amplifier Output: The main speaker output is a 4-terminal set screw block, that includes connections for 100V, 70V, and 8Ω speaker configurations. This section has a pre-installed protective metal cover that is easily removed to access terminals.
- Line Output: This section uses a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector to pass the main audio signal out to another amplifier. This output is not affected by the Master Level control on the front panel.
- Zone 2 Output: This 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector includes an MOH (Music on Hold) input, which ties into a phone system, allowing any music source connected to the amp to play over a phone line while a caller is on hold. There is also an 8Ω/1W output, for a direct speaker connection, and also has an adjustment dial to control the level of the Zone 2 signal.
DIP Switches: The AA35G includes a DIP switch matrix for quick and easy configuration of inputs and outputs. This allows for the following settings:
- 1 - CH1 Mic on/Line off
- 2 - CH1 Normal
- 3 - CH1 Priority
- 4 - CH1 Vox
- 5 - CH1 to Zone 2
- 6 - CH2 to Zone 2
- 7 - CH3 to Zone 2
- 8 - Phantom
Controls: The front panel controls of the AA35G include:
- Input Levels: Each of the three inputs has its own level control.
- Master Level: Controls the overall signal to the speaker output. This does not affect the Line Output level.
- Tone Controls: Recessed Bass and Treble controls allow ± 10dB of adjustment at 100Hz and 10kHz.
- Power Switch
LED Indicators: A Power indicator lights blue when the unit is powered on. A green LED above each of the Input Level controls lights when the input signal level exceeds -40dBu and flashes brightly if the signal reaches the distortion level. The Master Level section also includes a green signal indicator, which lights when the signal exceeds -40dBu, and a red Clip indicator that will flash brightly if the output signal reaches the distortion level.
Phantom Power: If DIP switch 8 is turned on, the AA35G will provide 15V of phantom power to Input 1. Condenser mics that require more than 15V of phantom power will not work.
Rack Mount: The AA35G can be rack mounted using the optional Atlas Rack Mount Kit (Item# 978AAGRMK2). This allows the amp to be mounted in a standard 19" rack space. Joiner plates are also included, with the Rack Mount Kit, so two of the AA35G's can be rack mounted side-by-side.
Speaker Overview: Atlas Sound Strategy Series II in-ceiling speakers are designed for commercial, industrial, and institutional applications. They are known for highly detailed voice, music, and signal reproduction. The speakers feature a white frame, and can be easily installed in drop-tile or drywall ceilings using a number of mounting options. The included 24-gauge perforated steel grille has a white epoxy finish, and simply press-fits into the speaker.
Drivers: The Atlas Sound FAP62T is equipped with a 6" polypropylene woofer with a 1" voice coil, and a Butyl Rubber surround. The 19mm (3/4") PEI dome tweeter is coaxially-mounted over the woofer. The drivers are housed in a low-profile 475 in³ optimally tuned and ported, deep drawn, galvanized metal enclosure.
Wiring Options: The FAP62T has a removable 4-pole Phoenix style / Euro connector for 70.7V, 100V, or 8Ω applications. This type of connector allows you to conveniently pre-wire the speaker connections, then simply plug them in when installing the speakers. The connector can accept bare wire up to 14-gauge speaker wire. The speaker is equipped with line matching transformers, requiring an amplifier capable of driving a 70.7V/100V line. Depending upon the amplifier's wattage rating and the number of speakers being driven by the amplifier, you can select a 2, 4, 8, 16, or 32-watt tap at 70.7V/100V. The tap selector is conveniently located on the front of the speaker, allowing you to set or change the taps without removing the speaker. You can also bypass the line transformers and connect the speaker to a consumer amplifier (the speaker has an 8Ω impedance).
Speaker Placement: The Strategy Series II in-ceiling speaker mounts easily into existing construction drop ceiling or drywall with the provided tile bridge assembly. The tile bridge assembly consists of two V-shaped mounting rails and a C-ring assembly. "Dog Leg" tabs hold the speaker securely in place. For new construction drywall applications, the optional FAP62-TR trim ring may be used to mark the location for drywall installers to cut around. Mounting holes in the trim ring accommodate 16" or 24" on-center joist mounting. The top of the FAP62T enclosure includes a support ring for attaching the mandatory auxiliary support cable for drop ceiling installations for safety and seismic considerations.
500' Spool: The Atlas Retail Sound System bundle includes a 500' spool of Liberty 18 ga., 2-conductor commercial speaker wire, that's plenum-rated for use in air handling spaces.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power: 35 Watts
- Zone 2 Output 1W: 1 Watt @ 8Ω
- Zone 2 Output 600Ω: 500mV into 600Ω
- Phantom Power: 15VDC
- Dimensions: Width = 8.25", Height = 3.875", Depth = 13.75"
- Weight: 8.1 lbs.
- Frequency Response: 63Hz - 20kHz (±7dB)
- Power Handling:
- 70.7V / 100V Systems: 2 - 32 watts
- 8Ω Systems: 50 watts RMS
- Sensitivity (1W/1M): 88dB
- Dispersion: 110°
- Dimensions: Diameter = 12.5" Height = 8.48" Cutout Diameter = 11"
- Weight: 15.5 lbs. (each)
- Length: 500'
- Gauge: 18
- Diameter: 0.154"
- Conductors: 2
- Plenum-rated: Yes