About the AtlasIED Z2 In-Ceiling Sound Masking Bundle
A sound masking system for your office
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
A sound masking system for your office
Privacy is absolutely essential when discussing proprietary technology or sensitive personnel matters. The AtlasIED Z-2B system provides indirect sound masking, covering a total area of up to 4,000 square feet. Integrated analog noise generators offer non-intrusive wide-area masking, and Speech Privacy Enhancement mode makes sure nobody in the surrounding area can eavesdrop or accidentally overhear what's being discussed in a meeting room.
This bundle comes with 12 pairs of AtlasIED FAP33T speakers and 500 feet of Liberty 18-gauge speaker wire. Each pair of 3" in-ceiling speakers has a front-facing transformer tap, so you can distribute the amplifier's power and deliver background music and announcements to customers. In-ceiling mounting hardware is included.
- bundle includes amplifier, 12 pairs of in-ceiling speakers, and 500 feet of speaker wire
- indirect zone sound masking covers up to 4,000 square feet of office space
- 2 x 30 watts in a 70V or 100V system
- supports paging, background music and sound masking for privacy
- Bluetooth® for music streaming
- mic priority muting for paging
- inputs and outputs:
- 3-pin balanced Euroblock mic/line input
- 3.5mm summed unbalanced auxiliary input
- Type-A USB port for data transfer and firmware updates
- Euroblock speaker terminals
- 10-3/4"W x 8-3/16"H x 2-3/8"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
12 pairs of AtlasIED FAP33T in-ceiling speakers:
- 3" full-range driver
- sensitivity: 89.7 dB
- max SPL: 108 dB
- 135° dispersion pattern
- front-facing transformer tap for easy adjustments
- built-in 70V/100V transformers with selectable 2, 4, 8, 16-watt power taps
- ported steel back enclosure
- unique "trap door" input section allows for pass-through conduit runs
- detachable Phoenix-style Euroblock connector allows easy pre-wiring and daisy-chaining additional of speakers or subwoofer
- mounting gear included for installation in drop tile or sheetrock ceilings
- cutout diameter: 7-5/8"
- 8-13/16" diameter x 5-7/16" depth
- weight: 4.14 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This Atlas Sound Masking package contains 14 individually boxed items:
- Z2-B Sound Masking Amplifier:
- Z2 Control panel
- I/O Backbox
- Dress ring
- 2 End caps
- 2 In-wall support brackets
- Power supply (+24VDC/2.5A output)
- Six M3x10mm screws
- Ten M3x5.7mm screws
- Installation instructions
- FAP33TW In-Ceiling Speakers (x12):
- 2 In-ceiling speakers
- Installation instructions
- Liberty 18 AWG Speaker Wire:
- 500' Length of 18AWG 2-conductor Plenum-rated commercial speaker wire
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED Z2 In-Ceiling Sound Masking Bundle
System Overview: The Atlas Sound Masking System is designed to provide high quality speech privacy as well as background music and paging for businesses, conference rooms, office and meeting spaces. The package includes an Atlas Z2-B 2-zone sound masking controller/amplifier, 12 pairs of Atlas FAP33TW in-ceiling speakers, and a 500' spool of Liberty 18 AWG/2-conductor speaker wire that's plenum-rated for commercial installation and use.
Z2-B Overview: The Z2-B includes a multitude of features enabling it to conform to most design requirements, while remaining intuitive enough for simple operation. Designed for 70V/100V use, the Z2-B can provide up to 7,000 sq. ft. of sound masking coverage for businesses, conference rooms, and office spaces. In addition to sound masking, the Z2-B can also provide paging and background music (BGM), with a 3.5mm stereo summed input, Bluetooth audio streaming, as well as a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) paging input that can accept either Line or Mic signals.
2-Zone: The Atlas Z2-B can provide up to 60W of power to 2 zones (30W per zone) for either 70 or 100 volt commercial speaker systems. Low impedance speakers (8Ω) are not supported. Each Zone features its own integrated analog noise generator using proprietary Chanaud masking filters, along with independent control and configuration for each.
Speech Privacy Enhancement: The Z2-B features a Speech Privacy Enhancement mode that can be engaged while a meeting is in progress. This mode applies additional acoustical energy to the surrounding environment, increasing the privacy for the room occupants. Atlas' unique secured speech filters have been approved and implemented in many installations around the world including military and government facilities. Activation of the Speech Privacy Enhancement feature can be done via a hardwired switch, from a smartphone or tablet using the Z Series App for iOS or Android, or using an optional wireless desktop/wall mount switch (sold separately). An optional wired or wireless sign is available for a visual aid to notify attendees when Enhanced Privacy Mode is active. When engaged, the front panel LCD screen will display "Enhanced Privacy" and the masking level will change to the user preset Privacy level (default is +6dB).
BGM & Paging: In addition to exceptional sound masking, the Z2-B can deliver high quality background music (BGM) and paging as well. The Mic/Line, 3.5mm Aux, and Bluetooth inputs each have 5-band EQ along with high- and low-pass filters for maximum performance. For paging applications, the Z2-B uses a unique high-Q feedback filter that's specifically tailored to the vocal frequency range, as well as output limiters to protect against system overdrive.
System Commissioning Ramp (SCR): Each zone can have its own independent System Commissioning Ramp that will gradually increase the sound masking level by 1dB each day over a 14 day period.
SHS EQ: Some SHS (Strategically Hidden Speaker) speakers require unique EQ processing to maximize their performance. The Z2-B features a custom EQ setting that can be activated if using SHS speakers.
Configuration & Presets: Configuration of the Z2-B's settings can be done through the front panel controls and display or through a Bluetooth connected smartphone or tablet using the Z Series App for iOS and Android. Menu options are divided into User Control Settings and Advanced Settings. Advanced Settings can be password protected if needed. Each zone can have its own Masking and Speech Privacy Enhancement adjustments. Settings can be stored in one of 10 Presets and comes default with the Factory Preset active. This preset is designed to be used in a wide variety of general applications. Six additional Presets are included for different types of operating environments and locations. Configuration options include:
- Masking and Privacy Levels for both zones.
- Mic/Line Gain adjustments.
- Phantom power.
- Mic Feedback filter adjustments.
- System Commissioning Ramp (SCR) activation and adjustments.
- SHS EQ settings.
- Password setting.
- Firmware updating information.
Connections: All connections to the Z2-B are made on the I/O backbox behind the front panel. Electrical connections to the removable front panel are done via ribbon connectors. I/O backbox connections include:
- Speaker Outputs: A single 4-pin Euroblock connector provides the Zone 1 and Zone 2 speaker connections.
- Mic/Line (Paging) Input: A balanced 3-pin Euroblock connector can be used for Mic- or Line-level sources. This input can provide +24VDC of phantom power for condenser microphones, as well as mic feedback filtering.
- Aux Input: A stereo 3.5mm input can accept audio from playback devices such as a CD player or media steamer. Stereo input signals are summed to mono.
- Speech Privacy Enhancement Control Port: A 3-pin Euroblock connector can be used to remotely activate the Privacy Enhancement feature and to power an optional wired "Enhanced Privacy In Use" sign.
- Fault Reporting Port: A 2-pin Euroblock connector is normally closed during operation and will open if a fault condition occurs.
- DC Power Input: A 2-pin Euroblock connector is used to attach the included +24VDC/2.5A power supply.
- Display: The Z2-B front panel features an easy-to-read, 2-line LCD for displaying menu options and Enhanced Privacy when selected.
- Navigation: Four navigational arrows and an Enter button are used for selecting menu options.
- Bluetooth: A Bluetooth status indicator lights when a connected device is streaming audio to the Z2-B and when pairing.
- USB: A front-panel USB (type-A) can be used for uploading or downloading a project file, as well as for updating the firmware.
Mounting: The Atlas Z2-B includes brackets and hardware to mount it to a wall, either flush-mount or surface-mount. It can also be rack-mounted using the optional ZSERIES-RMK Rack-Mount Kit (sold separately).
Speaker Overview: The Atlas FAP33T-W speaker set consists of a pair of 3", 70/100 volt, coaxial loudspeakers designed for excellent speech intelligibility, crisp music reproduction, quick installation, and wide audience coverage. They're ideal for a range of applications such as retail stores, restaurants, hotels, convention centers, casinos, and many others.
Design: The FAP33T-W is primarily designed for 70/100 volt applications, but also includes an 6Ω bypass mode, and is comprised of a 3" full-range driver. Atlas has improved on their already excellent design by enhancing the quality of the speaker's transformers, minimizing insertion loss, and optimizing the tuning port, providing a deeper bass response. The improved waveguide provides a wider coverage area than with previous models. Tap settings can be made on the front of the speaker, eliminating the need to remove it first. Wire connections are done with a removable 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector, with one set of terminals for the input and the other set a pass-thru for daisy-chaining additional speakers, and the speaker's unique "trap door" input section allows for through-conduit runs with rigid or flex conduit. The FAP33T-W also carries UL1480 and UL2043 safety listings.
SFMS: Safety First Mounting System (SFMS) is an Atlas innovation in speaker mounting that prevents mounting tab damage during installation. This damage is commonly caused by over torqueing mounting tabs, resulting in damage that, over time, can cause the speaker to fall. Atlas' patent pending technology uses t-handles that are integrated into the front of the speaker to tighten the mounting tabs. The speaker can be mounted in materials as thin as sheet metal and up to 3/4" thick. The FAP33T-W has no metal screws holding the mounting doglegs in position, eliminating the chance of screws rusting from humidity exposure over time and failing.
500' Spool: The Atlas Retail Sound System bundle includes a 500' spool of Liberty 18 ga., 2-conductor commercial speaker wire, that's plenum-rated for use in air handling spaces.
Sound Masking Amplifier:
- Output Power: 2 x 30W @ 70/100V
- Inputs: (1) Balanced Mic/Line, (1) 3.5mm Auxiliary, Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- Power Input: +24VDC, 2-Pin Euroblock
- Input Impedance: 115Ω
- S/N Ratio: >90dB Below rated output
- Power Consumption:
- Idle: 120mA
- Average (All Channels Driven): 280mA
- Maximum (All Channels Driven): 1.0A
- Operating Voltage: 110V-230V, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: W = 10.71", H = 8.17", D = 3.32"
- Speaker Type: 70/100
- Mounting: Ceiling
- Frequency Response (+/- 5 dB): 110 Hz - 12 kHz
- Vertical Coverage: 130˚ (800 Hz - 4 kHz)
- Horizontal Coverage: 130˚ (800 Hz - 4 kHz)
- Maximum Input Ratings (6Ω): 25W continuous, 50W program
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W, and 6Ω
- 100V: 4W, 8W, 16W
- Input Sensitivity at 1W/1m: 89.7 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL at 1m (passive): 104 dB continuous / 108 dB peak
- Recommended Signal Processing: 90 Hz high-pass filter
- Recommended Power: 120W at 6Ω
- Driver: 1 x 3" full-range
- Maximum Output: 104 dB SPL / 108 dB SPL (peak 6Ω)
- Nominal Impedance: 6Ω
- Enclosure Material: Powder painted CRS
- Grill Material: Powder coated CRS, white finish, paintable
- Baffle Material: UL94V-0 PC
- Mount Material: Zinc Plated CRS
- Input Connector: 4-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix)
- Controls: Front face power taps / low impedance selector switch
- Mounting: Patented Safety First Mounting System
- Safety Ratings: UL listed to comply with UL1480, UL2043, and CSA60065. Suitable for use in air handling spaces per NFPA 70 and NFPA 90.
- Environmental Testing: Humidity: MIL-STD810G / High and low temperature: -4˚ F to 158˚ F
- Cutout Diameter: 7.625"
- Dimensions: Length - 5.39", Diameter - 8.78"
- Net Weight: 4.14 lbs.