About the Sonos Play:1 Bundle
Your multi-room audio system starts here
Your multi-room audio system starts here
Waiting for an invitation to get into multi-room audio? It's hard to be more inviting than a pair of Sonos Play:1 wireless speakers. You can pair them together for rich stereo sound in a single room, or place each in a different room to begin building that whole-house system. These compact Play:1 speakers can go just about anywhere in your home. They're even humidity-resistant, so you can bring music to your bathroom or covered porch.
Expand to any (or every) room
Sonos gives you lots of ways to expand your system throughout your home. You can add more Play:1 speakers, as well as the larger Play:3 and Play:5, in every room where you want to listen to music. Add a Sonos One with built-in Amazon Alexa and control your system with voice commands.
Set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or, connect any Sonos speaker directly to your router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a BOOST to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
Use the two Play:1 speakers as a stereo pair. Or place them in different rooms.
Enjoy all the music in the world
How much music can you access with your Play:1 speakers? Pretty much any music available anywhere. Get Pandora®, Spotify®, TIDAL, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM, and thousands of free internet radio stations — and more. The compact Sonos Play:1 speakers let you enjoy music from the internet as well as songs stored on your home computers or portable devices.
Simple smartphone control
You can use an iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™ device to control any and all Sonos players. The free control app turns your smartphone or tablet into a full-fledged Sonos controller. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback through your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
Play music stored on your Apple® or Android™ portable device
Sonos gives you convenient wireless access to music and podcasts stored on iOS® and Android devices, for playback throughout your Sonos system. This function works on Apple devices running iOS 6 or later (see below for full list of compatible Apple devices) as well as Android smartphones and tablets. You can queue up songs from your iPhone® to play in the kitchen while you cook, and your spouse can stream a podcast in the den from another smartphone at the same time.
- bundle features two PLAY:1 speakers
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- two built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Truplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora®
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays internet radio stations and podcasts through TuneIn
- configure two PLAY:1 speakers for stereo playback or use them as rear channels with a PLAYBAR and SUB for 5.1-channel surround sound
- NOTE: PLAY:1 speakers cannot be paired with SONOS ONE speakers for stereo
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- 1/4" threaded mount for wall placement
- Ethernet port for connection to a wireless router (cable included)
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet connection
What's in the box:
- This Sonos Play:1 bundle includes a pair of individually packaged Sonos Play:1 speakers in white
- Each speaker box includes:
- Network powered speaker (white)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
- Installation Guide
- Sonos brochure
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos Play:1 Bundle
Bundle Overview: This bundle includes a pair of Sonos Play:1 wireless speakers.
Sonos PLAY:1: The PLAY:1 is part of the Sonos wireless multiroom music eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with a single PLAY:1 speaker and add more over time - including the Sonos PLAY:1 / PLAY:3 / PLAY:5 powered speakers, the Sonos One voice-activated speaker, the Sonos Connect:Amp / Connect zone players, and the PLAYBAR / PLAYBASE / BEAM soundbar speakers (all sold separately). Up to 32 Sonos devices can be connected in one system. With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms.
Two Custom-Designed Drivers + Dedicated Amplifiers: The Sonos PLAY:1 uses two state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with two drivers (1" tweeter/3.5" mid-woofer) to deliver great sound to any room. The wireless music system provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home.
Two Ways to Connect Wirelessly: Sonos brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project through SonosNet or WiFi.
- SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network: Sonos can utilize its own SonosNet proprietary wireless mesh network technology to provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensure synchronous music playback, and avoid sources of wireless interference. The transmitting range of the Sonos wireless system is approximately 100', depending upon your home's layout. In addition to the PLAY:1, you will need a Sonos Boost (sold separately) connected to your network router/modem via a Ethernet cable.
- WiFi Wireless Network: Sonos can also operate over your home's existing WiFi network (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz). Because you are connecting wirelessly to your home's existing WiFi network, you do not need to hardwire a Sonos Boost to your router/modem. The Sonos system's wireless range will be dependent on your home's existing WiFi network. Sonos products manufactured after March 2014 are loaded with the proper firmware and ready to go out of the box for WiFi connectivity. All Sonos products manufactured prior to that date will require a wired connection to facilitate a firmware upgrade and hereafter they will be able to work over WiFi.
- You cannot connect the Sonos system via both the SonosNet proprietary mesh network and WiFi; you will need to choose one. Sonos recommends using its proprietary SonosNet wireless mesh network over WiFi when applicable.
- The Sonos proprietary mesh network will provide a more secure wireless connection with fewer interruptions for optimum performance.
- WiFi is subject to greater interference from other WiFi and 2.4GHz devices on your network. WiFi connectivity is not compatible with 5GHz (you will have to use the Sonos wireless mesh network in this case).
Ethernet Port (10/100 Mbps): In addition to built-in WiFi, the Sonos PLAY:1 is equipped with one Ethernet port (10/100 Mbps). Use it to wire directly to your router to operate Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you're using a SonosNET Boost setup.
Music Streaming Services: Sonos gives you access to unlimited music; such as your iTunes library, your favorite music services, and thousands of Internet radio stations, shows, and podcasts.
- Online Music Services: Sonos works seamlessly with TuneIn, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, Apple Music, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, TIDAL, Deezer, SoundCloud, and more; plus downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.) Click here for the latest online music services (some online services require a paid subscription).
- Music Libraries: Sonos supports playback of music from any computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device on your home network where you have shared music folders. Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats. Sonos indexes your music folders so you can view your music collection by categories (such as artists, albums, composers, genres, or tracks). Sonos supports the following audio file formats - MP3 (compressed), WMA (compressed), AAC (MPEG4), iTunes, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless), WAV (uncompressed), and AIFF (uncompressed).
- iTunes Music: The Sonos wireless music system supports the playback of music and playlists managed with your iTunes account (playlists are limited to 40,000 tracks). Sonos can access your iTunes music files from your network computer or directly from your Apple iPod iOS device (4.0+) running the Sonos app.
Sonos Controller App: Sonos allows you to control playback functions, search features, and multiroom audio distribution through the Sonos Controller app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) or the Sonos Controller software (for Windows PC (7-up) and Mac OS X 10.10-up) - letting you control the entire Sonos eco-system from your compatible smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. The new navigation bar (My Sonos, Rooms, Browse, Search and More) at the bottom of the app makes finding what you're looking for effortless and moving between music quicker than ever.
- My Sonos: Organize your music with the My Sonos tab. It's the simplest way to combine and access all the music you love. Bringing together in one simple screen all your favorite songs, playlists, albums, podcasts and radio stations from across your different music services.
- Now Playing: The Now Playing screen features album art and basic playback controls. For a deeper look into the music you're listening to, the "Info View" screen gives you artist bios, album reviews and concert listings. See related artist suggestions to discover a new band for your queue. You can also add to your playlists, delete songs from your library, and share tracks to Twitter or Facebook.
- Rooms: You can choose to play different songs in different rooms, choose to group all rooms together to hear the same music throughout your home, or choose to group only certain rooms together for music playback. You can also crank up the volume for each room individually or together.
- Browse and Search: Browse your music services, favorites, internet radio, personal music library and playlists. You can browse your music content by Album, Artist, Song, or Playlist. You can even search across all of your music services and files simultaneously, so you can find the music you love instantly.
- More: Provides personalized and custom settings for your Sonos system. Adjust and audio settings like bass, treble, balance, and loudness for each room location.
Note: The Sonos device, Apple iOS/Android device, Windows PC, and/or Mac computer must be connected to the same wireless network.
Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS): The layout of a room, and where a speaker is placed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes the Sonos PLAY:1 speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it. The Sonos PLAY:1 speaker already sounds fantastic, but Trueplay brings you even closer to how music should sound. Completing Trueplay tuning for a room takes approximately 3 minutes from start to finish.
- Compatibility: Trueplay is compatible with the Sonos PLAY:1, Play:3, and Play:5. In order to perform Trueplay tuning, the Sonos app for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 7 or higher is required. This includes iPhone 4s and higher, iPad 2 and higher, as well as iPod touch 5th generation and higher. Trueplay tuning is not available if the VoiceOver" feature is enabled on your Apple iOS device. Trueplay is currently not compatible with Android.
- 1Ch/1.1ch and 2Ch/2.1Ch Tuning: Trueplay can be used with a single speaker setup, two speakers configured as a stereo pair, or either of these configurations with the Sonos Sub added.
Note: You will need to retune the Sonos speaker using TruePlay, if you move the speaker within the same room or to another room, change the orientation of speaker (horizontal vs. vertical), or change the configuration of the speaker setup (going from a single speaker to a stereo pair for example).
Stereo or Multichannel System Compatible: You can use two PLAY:1's in a stereo pair; one speaker acts as a dedicated left, while the other speaker acts as a dedicated right. The Sonos PLAY:1 wireless speakers can also be used to create a wireless 5.1ch surround sound experience with the Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam and Sub 1. Now you don't have to run wires to a powered sub or rear speakers to enjoy true 5.1ch audio.
Alexa Compatible: You'll be able to control your Sonos system by adding an Alexa-enabled device, such as the Sonos One or Amazon Echo (sold separately). Using the Amazon Alexa device as you normally would; just say "Alexa" and the name of the Sonos room you want to play a particular music service through when instructing Alexa to play music. Play a song, skip forward and back through playlists, target one room or an existing group of rooms, and adjust volume - all using your voice.
- Alexa supports Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn Radio, and SiriusXM music services (Spotify control is coming soon). When instructing Alexa to play a particular artist, the song will begin playing from your default music service, set in the Alexa app, unless you specify the service in your voice instruction.
- For a complete list of Alexa voice commands you can use with Sonos, click here.
- Any non-music related commands will still play over your Alexa device (weather, traffic, flash briefs, etc).
- You will need to search and enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa app on your mobile device or computer.
- Your Sonos equipment and Amazon Alexa-enabled devices must be on the same wireless network.
Google Assistant: The Google Assistant will be supported by Sonos in 2018 through an over-the-network firmware update.
Home Network Requirements: To access Internet music services, Internet radio, and any digital music stored on your computer or Network-Attached Storage (NAS) device, your home network must meet the following requirements:
- High-speed DSL/Cable modem, or fiber-to-the-home broadband connection for proper playback of Internet-based music services. If your Internet service provider only offers Satellite Internet access, you may experience playback issues due to fluctuation in download rates.
- If your modem is not a modem/router combination and you want to take advantage of Sonos' automatic online updates, or stream music from an Internet-based music service, you must install a wireless router in your home network. If you don't have a wireless router, you will need to purchase and install one before setting up your system.
- The Sonos Controller app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is required for system setup. Initial setup is not possible through the Sonos Controller software (for Windows PC (7-up) and Mac OS X 10.10-up).
- Connect at least one Sonos component to your home network router using an Ethernet cable, and then you can add other Sonos components wirelessly. Or setup your Sonos component wirelessly via WiFi without any hardwire connection.
- For best results, you should connect the computer or NAS drive that contains your personal music library collection to your home network router using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure all of your Sonos components have the latest software update installed.
Note: Although Sonos is compatible with most networking equipment, some network devices are incompatible. Usually when networking hardware does not work with Sonos, it's because it lacks support for the network protocols that Sonos uses to operate, like UPnP, STP, and SMB/CIFS.
Automatic Updates: The Sonos PLAY:1 supports free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the PLAY:1 and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available through the Sonos Controller app. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself.
Mounting Options: You can place the Sonos PLAY:1 wherever you find the sound most enjoyable. Its compact size makes it easy to place the PLAY:1 on your desk, the kitchen counter, or on your nightstand. You can even wall mount it (optional wall bracket sold separately).
- Rubber Feet: You can position the PLAY:1 in a vertical orientation on your bookshelf, nightstand, or desk. Integrated rubber feet protect your furniture and keep the PLAY:1 secure.
- Wall-Mount (optional): The Sonos PLAY:1 has a 1/4"-20 integrated, threaded mounting hole. If desired, you can easily wall mount the PLAY:1 using a suitable mounting bracket (sold separately). Simply choose a location that's close to an electrical outlet.
Note: The PLAY:1 is designed to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. However, the PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.
AC Power: The Sonos PLAY:1 operates on standard household current using the supplied 6.5' AC power cord.
1 question already asked