About the LEAK Audio STR130/CDT (Walnut)
Made for each other
Made for each other
Some components just look and sound perfect when they're together, and we'd put the LEAK Stereo 130 integrated amp and the LEAK CDT CD transport high on that list. Both feature sturdy and attractive metal cases ensconced in elegant walnut, with retro-style buttons and knobs. And the CDT is designed to read a disc with minimum jitter and distortion, so it can pass pure signal along to the excellent DAC inside the Stereo 130. You could separate them, but why would you want to?
An exceptionally accurate CD reader
The LEAK CDT does not have a digital-to-analog converter in it, because it's designed to take advantage of the exceptional DAC in the Stereo 130. It plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, which load via an ultra-smooth slot-loading mechanism that's quiet and reliable. The CDT has a rugged, vibration-resistant chassis, and its precise internal clock ensures pure, distortion-free signals from the optical and coaxial digital outputs.
A Type-A USB input on the front panel allows you to plug in a thumb drive loaded with digital files for playback. It supports playback of WAV, MP3, AAC and WMA files, and you get full access to transport controls and folder/file navigation.
An integrated amp with retro style and modern audio excellence
The Stereo 130 delivers 45 watts of clean power per channel for driving a pair of speakers — it pairs particularly well with LEAK's sibling brand Wharfedale. It has a superb DAC inside that makes digital sources sound their best. There are two coaxial digital inputs and a Toslink optical input on the back panel, any of which will work for connecting the CDT. A USB Type-B input lets you connect a computer. Coaxial and Toslink outputs let you pass the signal to another digital component. Built-in Bluetooth with high-quality aptX streaming gives you convenient playback from your phone, tablet or computer.
Analog music fans have plenty to work with, too. There are two sets of auxiliary RCA inputs, and a dedicated phono stage for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge. A single set of RCA preamp outputs let you upgrade to a more powerful amp while still using the Stereo 130's preamp and DAC. And if you like to listen privately while working, there's a 1/4" headphone jack on the front panel.
- CD transport and integrated amplifier in complementary walnut wood finish
- can be linked via 12-volt trigger for single-button power up
- system warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LEAK Stereo 130 integrated amplifier:
- 45 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz); 65 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- total harmonic distortion: 0.005% (30 watts, into 8 ohms)
- built-in Bluetooth® with aptX audio coding for a better-sounding connection to compatible devices
- premium ESS Sabre32 Reference ES9018K2M DAC supports high-res digital files up to 32-bit/384kHz
- digital inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial (handles signals up to 192kHz)
- digital outputs: 1 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
- USB Type-B input for connecting to a computer (PCM files up to 384kHz, DSD up to 11.2MHz)
- 2 sets of stereo RCA aux inputs
- phono input for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge
- 1 set of stereo RCA outputs
- 1/4" headphone jack on front panel
- one pair of binding post speaker terminals
- USB Type-A input for software updates
- 12-7/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 10-7/8"D
- weight: 18.29 lbs.
LEAK CDT CD transport:
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- ultra-smooth slot-loading mechanism
- digital clock controlled by temperature-compensated crystal oscillator for minimal distortion
- Type-A USB input for playing files from a thumb drive
- 1 coaxial digital audio output
- 1 optical (Toslink) digital audio output
- 12-7/8"W x 5-5/8"H x 11-3/16"D
- weight: 15.21 lbs.
What's in the box:
- LEAK Stereo 130:
- Stereo integrated amplifier
- 6 AC power cord
- Remote control
- User Manual
- USB and DSD Setup Guide
- LEAK CDT:
- CD Transport
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LEAK Audio STR130/CDT (Walnut)
LEAK CDT CD Transport
LEAK Stereo 130 Integrated Amplifier
Stereo Integrated Amplifier: The Leak Stereo 130 is a high performance, high-fidelity 2-channel integrated amplifier designed to be the perfect match to a wide variety of both analog, digital, and wireless audio sources. It is rated at 45 watts (RMS) x 2 channels into 8-ohms, or 65 watts (RMS) x 2 channels into 4-ohms.
High-Performance DAC: To accommodate the modern-day music enthusiast fully, much effort has been made to ensure the Leak STEREO 130's digital circuitry delivers the level of quality one might expect of a high-performance standalone D/A converter. Utilizing the acclaimed ES9018K2M Sabre32 Reference chip with ESS Technology's 32-bit HyperStream architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the LEAK STEREO 130 offers ultra-low noise, high dynamic range of digital audio files with a sampling rate of up to 384kHz (PCM) and DSD256.
Dedicated Headphone Amplifier Circuit: The LEAK STEREO 130 uses a dedicated amplifier circuit with current-feedback technology for the headphones output. Equal in performance to some standalone headphone amplifiers, the design offers high-speed output signal transition thanks to a high slew rate. The result is a dynamic, detailed and engaging performance with all manner of headphone types. The unit is equipped with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connection of your headphones. The headphone output can be adjusted up to 4.5V for connection of a variety of headphones. Connecting headphones will mute the audio signal to your connected loudspeakers.
Audio Controls: The Leak Stereo 130 offers independent Bass & Treble control that can be adjusted from -6 to +6dB. There is also a Balance control that allows you to adjust the sound output balance of the left and right speakers. In addition, there is a Direct mode which bypasses the integrated amp's Tone controls to reduce noise and electronic interference in order to reproduce the purest sound possible.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Leak Stereo 130 integrated amplifier offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, desktop computer, and laptop to the integrated amp. You'll also be able to control Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from the included IR remote. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Leak Stereo 130 is compatible with Qualcomm's aptX codec for "CD-quality" (16-bit/44.1kHz) wireless audio streaming from aptX compatible source devices (including some Android smartphones and tablets).
Note: You can pair multiple Bluetooth source devices with the Leak Stereo 130, but only one device can be connected and used for playback at a time.
USB-B Input: The Leak Stereo 130's USB-B input allows connection to your Windows PC (Vista-up) or Mac (OS X 10.6.4-up) computer for playback of stored digital music files on your compatible laptop or desktop computer through the integrated amplifier. A Windows PC will require the installation of a USB driver. A mac computer does not require the installation of a separate USB driver. The unit supports playback of PCM (44.1kHz to 384kHz), DSD64 (2.8MHz), DSD128 (5.6MHz), and DSD256 (11.2MHz) music files. System Requirements include -
- Windows Vista and up , or Mac OS 10.6.4 and up
- Intel Core 2 @ 1.6GHz or similar AMD processor
- 1GB RAM
- USB 2.0 Interface
Note: There is also a rear-panel USB-A input that is used for service and firmware updates only. The USB-A input does not support media playback.
Digital Inputs & Outputs: The Leak Stereo 130 is equipped with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital input that support 44.1kHz to 192kHz digital audio sampling frequencies. It also features an optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital output to connect to a higher quality external DAC.
Note: The digital inputs and outputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or any other multichannel surround format.
Line-Level Inputs & Outputs: The Leak Stereo 130 integrated amplifier features two analog line-level stereo RCA inputs. It is also outfitted with a stereo RCA pre-out that allows you to use the Stereo 130 as a preamplifier and connect it to a separate power amplifier.
MM Phono Input: The Leak Stereo 130's has a built-in Moving Magnet (MM) phono pre-amplifier which allows for direct connection to a turntable record player so you can enjoy your classic vinyl collection. A ground terminal is offered to reduce any hum or noise.
Binding Post Speaker Output Terminals: The Leak Stereo 130 integrated amplifier is outfitted with 5-way binding post terminals for connection of a pair of 8-ohm or 4-ohm loudspeakers. These 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Simple Control: The Leak Stereo 130 offers simple front-panel controls, plus comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the stereo integrated amplifier. The IR remote uses two "AAA" batteries (not included).
- Front-Panel: Front-panel controls include Power, Volume, Input, Bass, Treble, Balance, & Direct.
- IR Remote: The IR remote provides Power, Volume, Input, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Direct. The Play/Pause and Previous/Next track functions are only supported when Bluetooth is selected as the source input.
12V Trigger: The Leak Stereo 130 features a 12V Trigger Input (3.5mm) which allows the integrated amplifier to turn on at the same time as a connected source device or amplifier with a 12V Trigger Output. There is also a 12V Trigger Link (3.5mm) that allows you to daisy-chain the 12V Trigger Input signal to another component with a 12V Trigger Input, so the system can turn on at the same time.
Auto Standby: The Leak Stereo 130 will automatically go into Standby mode if there is no audio signal or no operation for a set period of time. You can set the Auto Standby time to 20 minutes or 1 hour.
Protection Mode: The Leak Stereo 130 is protected by a thermal switch which interrupts the AC power supply if the amplifier is grossly overloaded for a period of time. It is fully protected against gross overload and short-circuit protection.
Note: The unit does not protect against high or extreme temperatures. Make sure to install the Leak Stereo 130 in a well ventilated area.
LEAK CDT CD Transport
CD Transport: The CD transport supports playback of CD-Audio discs only. The CD transport is carefully mounted within its own electromagnetically shielded enclosure and is provided with a dedicated power supply. The digital clock is controlled by a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator that makes sure the digital output from both the coaxial and optical sockets has minimum digital distortion, thus the digital signal extraction is exceptionally precise.
- Smooth Operation: The Leak CDT is a CD transport that utilizes an ultra-smooth slot-loading mechanism and offers a high-level of sound reproduction for CD playback.
- Low-Jitter: A temperature-compensated crystal oscillator controls the master clock. This enables the digital only output to provide incredibly low digital distortion (also referred to as "jitter"). This low jitter output offers superior performance when compared to like-for-like players
- No Electrical Interference: The LEAK CDT shields the CD mechanism from electrical interference, thus ensuring purity of signal. Such incremental benefits further enhance the performance for the audio enthusiast.
- The Leak CDT is a CD transport and not a CD player. It does not feature an integrated DAC or analog outputs. It offers optical and coaxial digital outputs for connection to an external DAC or integrated amplifier with a built-in DAC.
- The CD transport does not support CD-R, CD-RW, or CD-Text discs.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: The Leak CDT is outfitted with one optical (toslink) digital output and one coaxial (RCA) digital input to connect to your external DAC, preamplifier, or integrated amplifier.
Front-Panel USB-A Port: The Leak CDT is also equipped with a front-panel USB-A port for USB MSC (mass storage class) playback functionality.. The Leak CDT is compatible with FAT16 and FAT32 formatted USB MSC devices (including USB thumbdrives and USB HDDs) and will playback media in the format of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV). The unit can recognize up to 65,535 files and 700 folders. The USB storage device playback functionality offers full transport controls and folder and file navigation.
- MP3: 320-320kbps bit-rate / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
- WMA: 320-320kbps bit-rate / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
- AAC: 320-320kbps bit-rate / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
- WAV: 16-bit length / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
Note: The USB-A port is rated at 5V/2A. Some USB HDDs will require an external power supply.
Front-Panel Display: The Leak CDT features a front-panel LCD screen that indicates Source, Track Number, and Elapsed Time for disc playback. It also supports song/artist/album information display for USB playback.
Front-Panel & Remote Control: The Leak CDT provided front-panel and remote control. Front-panel control functions include Power, Input (CD or USB), Play/Pause, Stop, Eject, Next Track/Fast Forward, and Previous Track/Reverse. The include IR remote provides wireless operation of the Lead CDT. It provides the same control functions as on on the unit's front-panel, plus additions; control. These additional control functions include a number keypad (0-9), Program, Random, Repeat, and more.
- Direct (Disc Only): You are able to select your desired track number on a disc directly from the remote's numeric key pad. The disc will play forward from the chosen track. If you choose a single-digit track in a disc which contains more than 10 tracks, the player will pause briefly, waiting for you to enter a second digit. If none is entered, play will commence from the entered single-digit track.
- Repeat: You can have the Leak CDT repeat a single track or all tracks on a disc or USB device continuously.
- Random: The Leak CDT can be set to randomly playback all tracks on a disc or USB device.
- Program: You can set a custom programmed playback track order (up to 20) from a disc.
Note: The IR remote uses two "AAA" batteries (not included).
12V Trigger Outs: The Leak CDT features two 12V trigger outputs (3.5mm) which can be used to connect a preamplifier and amplifier with 12V trigger inputs, so that the system turns on and off at the same time.
Auto Standby: The Leak CDT will automatically go into Standby mode if there is no audio signal or no operation for a set period of time. You can set the Auto Standby time to 20 minutes or 1 hour.