About the DJI Tello Remote Bundle
Extra parts let you fly longer
It's easy to launch the DJI Tello quadcopter — just toss it in the air to get started.
Extra parts let you fly longer
This DJI Tello bundle offers a cost-effective way to learn the ropes of drone piloting and have a little fun while you're at it. In addition to the drone, you get an extra battery and charger so you can stay in the air longer, plus a handheld game-style remote controller and two replacement propellers.
Launch, fly, and land easily
The Tello quadcopter couldn't be easier to launch: when it's active, all you have to do is toss it in the air and it starts hovering. Install the free DJI Tello app on your smartphone, and you can slide your finger on the screen to learn the drone's basic flight characteristics, or cause it to perform fun flips and other advanced aerial maneuvers. Then, just tap the screen to bring the 'copter gently back down to earth.
DJI had safety in mind when they designed the Tello. Included propeller guards protect fingers and faces against accidents, and a built-in collision detection system helps keep the drone from crashing while you're learning the controls. There's also a low battery warning, precise vision positioning system, and a fail-safe that lands the drone safely even if your remote control loses connection.
Convenient app and basic coding options
DJI combines fun and education in the free app, which features a user-friendly interface and handy instructions to help you get started. Tello is also compatible with Scratch, a simple coding system developed by MIT that lets kids and adults alike learn how to write custom programs for drones.
- mini remote-controlled flying drone with HD video camera
- included accessories:
- video game-style handheld remote controller with smartphone dock
- extra battery and charger for extended flight time
- two replacement propellers
- built-in camera takes 5-megapixel stills and shoots 720p video
- electronic image stabilization keeps your video and stills looking sharp
- EZ Shots lets you record short videos using Circle, 360, and Up and Away modes
- 13 minutes of flight time per included rechargeable battery
- throw and go: toss Tello in the air to launch
- slide a finger on your mobile device screen to perform cool aerial stunts
- bounce mode: Tello flies up and down from your open palm
- obstacle-sensing technology helps avoid collisions
- low battery indicator
- lands safely and automatically if you lose remote control connection
- two antennas with smart switching for stable video transmission
- transmits clear 720p video from over 300 feet away
- compatible with Scratch custom programming
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA offers the most up-to-date information on safety tips, rules, and regulations for responsible drone use. Many drones need to be registered, and state and/or local laws may restrict their use in some areas.
What's in the box:
- The DJI Tello Remote Bundle consists of the Tello mini-drone with a spare battery and extra propellers - plus the Charging Hub and GameSir T1d Remote Controller (all individually packaged).
- The Tello drone box includes:
- Rechargeable battery
- 8 Propellers (4 pre-installed)
- 4 Propeller guards (pre-installed)
- Propeller removal tool
- Quick Start Guide
- The Tello GameSir T1d Remote Controller box includes:
- Bluetooth controller (for Tello)
- Operating Manual
- The separately packaged accessories include:
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery charging hub
- 4 Propellers
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Tello Remote Bundle
Bundle Overview: This DJI Tello Remote Bundle consists of the DJI Tello mini-drone, the GameSir T1d controller, with a spare battery, battery charging hub, and a set of extra propellers.
Aerial Mini-Drone: The DJI Tello is an aerial mini-drone that features a Vision Positioning System, an onboard camera, and simple control through the Tello app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device. The Tello is safe to fly indoors and outdoors under windless conditions. The Tello also is not waterproof and should not be flown in raining or snowy conditions.
Vision Positioning System: The Vision Positioning System helps the Tello aerial mini-drone to maintain its current position. With the help of the Vision Positioning System, the Tello can hover in place more precisely and fly indoors or outdoors in windless conditions. The main components of the Vision Positioning System are a camera and a 3D infrared module located on the underside of the aircraft.
Note: The Vision Positioning System is activated automatically when the aircraft is turned on. No further action is required. The Vision Positioning System is only effective when the aircraft is at altitudes of 1'-32.8' (0.3-10 m) and works best at altitudes of 1' to 19.7' (0.3 to 6 m). If the aircraft is beyond this range, the Vision Positioning function may be affected, so extra caution is required.
Simple Control: The Tello from DJI can be controlled using the virtual joysticks in the Tello app or using a compatible remote controller.
- Tello App: You can control the Tello mini-drone directly via the Tello app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. Use the Tello app to control the aircraft's flight pattern, record videos, capture photos, and update firmware.
- Remote Controller: In addition to the Tello app, you can control the Tello from a supported Bluetooth remote controller connected to the Tello app on your mobile device. Compatible Bluetooth remote controllers include the GameSir T1d controller. The GameSir T1d controller still uses your mobile device as your flight screen.
Flight Modes: In addition to manual flight control, the Tello from DJI has various Intelligent Flight Modes that can be used to make the aerial mini-drone perform maneuvers automatically. The Tello also has a flight mode that it falls back to in certain circumstances.
- Manual Mode: In manual mode, the Tello Apps virtual joysticks are used to control the aircrafts orientation (yaw), forward/ backward movement (pitch), altitude (throttle), and left/right movement (roll). The Tello has two flight speeds (Slow or Fast) that you can select when flying the aircraft manually. The Slow mode offers a maximum flight attitude angle of 9° and a maximum flight speed of 8.9 mph (14.4 kph). The Fast mode provides a maximum flight attitude angle of 25° and a maximum flight speed of 17.8 mps (28.8 kph).
- Intelligent Flight Modes: Intelligent Flight Modes include Bounce
mode, 8D Flips mode, and Throw and Go mode. To use an Intelligent Flight Mode,
ensure that the aircraft's battery level is at least 50%.
- Bounce Mode: In Bounce mode, the aircraft automatically flies
up and down between 1.6'-3.9' (0.5-1.2
m) above a flat surface. If the aircraft detects an object below it (such as your hand) it increases its altitude then continues flying up and down.
- 8D Flips: In 8D Flips mode, the aircraft automatically flips in one of eight different directions.
- Throw and Go: The Throw and Go mode lets you launch the aircraft by gently throwing it into the air.
- Bounce Mode: In Bounce mode, the aircraft automatically flies up and down between 1.6'-3.9' (0.5-1.2
- Attitude Mode: The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude mode (ATTI mode) when the Vision Positioning System is unavailable. In Attitude mode the aircraft is not able to position itself and so is easily affected by its surroundings. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting, which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces. When the aircraft enters Attitude mode, land in a safe place as soon as possible to avoid hazards.
Note: Ensure that all flights are carried out indoors or in an open area with no wind. The flight altitude is limited to 32.8' (10 m) and flight distance is limited to 328' (100 m).
Auto Take-Off and Landing: There are two auto landing modes - Tap to Land and PalmLand. In Tap to Land mode, the aircraft lands automatically. To use the PalmLand mode, place your palm under the aircraft, then tap to confirm and the aircraft will land on your palm and stop its motors.
Note: Only land the aircraft on flat surfaces. Do not land the aircraft over water, grass or sand. When using PalmLand, ensure your palm is right under the aircraft and keep your palm flat.
Built-in Camera: The Tello's built-in camera with high-quality image processor captures 2592 x 1936 (5MP) photos and 1280 x 720 (720p) videos. The Tello's Electronic Image Stabilization feature enables it to consistently capture clear images. The photos and videos can be viewed in the Tello app and copied to a folder in your mobile device (you can export files from your compatible mobile device as needed). Maximum video transmission range is approximately (328') 100m, but that range may vary according to your environment
Note: The Tello does not offer an internal memory to store photos and videos. It also does not support external memory cards.
EZ Shots: With EZ Shots, you can fly in three specific patterns while recording short videos.
- 360° Mode: In 360 mode, the aircraft records a short video while rotating 360°.
- Circle Mode: In Circle mode, the aircraft records a short video while flying in a circle.
- Up and Away Mode: In Up and Away mode, the aircraft records a short video while flying upward and backward.
Propeller Guards: The Tello Propeller Guards can be used to reduce the risk of harm or damage to people or objects resulting from accidental collisions with Tello aircraft.
Rechargeable Battery: The Tello is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery which provides up to 13 minutes of flight time. You can charge the battery inside the Tello via the microUSB port on the aircraft using an external USB/AC power adapter (sold separately). You can charge multiple Tello batteries using the Tello Battery Charging Hub and a USB/AC power adapter (sold separately).
- Capacity: 1100 mAh
- Voltage: 3.8 V
- Energy: 4.18 Wh
Note: Maximum flight time was tested in windless conditions flying at a consistent 9 mph.
Programming: The Tello is programmable with Scratch, an MIT-developed coding system that allows you to learn the basics of programming. If you're a more advanced user, you can also develop software applications for the Tello using the Tello SDK.
Firmware Updates: You can update the Tello's firmware via the Tello app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
FAA Rules and Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules and regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
GameSir T1d Controller: The GameSir T1d controller, along with your compatible Apple iOS or Android device running the Tello app, can be used to operate DJI's Tello mini-drone (sold separately). The controller includes a high-speed connection to GameSir Connecting Mode so you can begin flight immediately.
Note: The GameSir T1d controller can only be used with DJI's Tello mini-drone. It is a customized controller for UAV flight, not for game operation.
High-Precision Control: With two high-precision 3D joysticks, the GameSir T1d controller can orient your Tello aircraft to any location, making more difficult maneuvers possible. It also provides push-button controls for taking videos and photos with the Tello's built-in camera.
Tello App: The Tello app is used to provide real-time video of your flight from the Tello mini-drone's built-in camera onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You'll also get flight data displayed on your compatible mobile device through the Tello app.
Smartphone Cradle: The GameSir T1d controller has a smartphone cradle which supports Apple iOS and Android devices which measure 1.5" to 3.25" wide.
Wireless Connection: The GameSir T1d controller wirelessly connects to your Apple iOS or Android devices through the Tello app using a Bluetooth Low-Energy 4.0 connection. It has a wireless range of approximately 22.9'. The Tello app and your compatible mobile device will then wirelessly connect to the Tello drone for a maximum distance of 328'.
Rechargeable Battery: The GameSir T1d controller is powered by a 600mAh built-in, polymer-lithium battery. The controller features a microUSB port to connect to a USB/AC power source (not supplied) to charge the battery.