About the Training Room or Classroom Sound System
If your students can't hear you, they can't learn
If your students can't hear you, they can't learn
Teachers and trainers – raise your hand if you've missed work because your doctor told you to give your voice a rest. This versatile system from Atlas Sound helps your students hear you loud and clear, while you avoid the all-too-common occupational hazard of vocal strain. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
A microphone, laptop computer, and another audio source plug into the mixer, which is typically mounted in the podium.
PA1001G amplifier mounts on the pole with your projector
Make sure your voice hits every seat in the room with equal volume and clarity. Add properly spaced ceiling speakers and an amplifier that can adequately power them. The Atlas PA1001G amplifier mounts on the pole above a ceiling-mounted projector, which puts it in close proximity to the ceiling speakers.
The Atlas TSD-MIX31RL mixes the sound of your microphone with other audio sources, such as a laptop computer. A variable output limiter reduces distortion, making it easy to get good results.
Six ceiling speakers provide even sound distribution throughout the room.
FAP62T ceiling speakers
The FAP62T features a 6" woofer for solid bass and coaxially mounted tweeter for crisp, clean highs. Mounting gear for tile and sheetrock ceilings is included. The 5-year warranty gives you peace of mind.
AAVC-10K wall-mount volume control
With a wall-mounted volume control, you can make a quick adjustment without touching the mixer. You won't miss a beat of your presentation.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
What's in the box:
- This Atlas bundle contains 8 individually packaged items:
- PA1001G Pole Mount Amplifier:
- Commercial 70/100V amplifier
- AC Power cord
- Pole-mounting hardware
- MIX31RL 3-Channel Mixer:
- Commercial 3-channel mic/line mixer
- Three 3-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors
- Three 2-pin Phoenix connectors
- Multi-position mounting plate
- 3 Level-control security covers
- 2 Cable retainers
- FAP62T Speaker Set (x3):
- 2 Commercial in-ceiling speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Mounting rings
- 4 Mounting rails
- 8 Screws
- 2 Grille removal tools
- WPD-VC10K Wall Plate Level Control:
- 1 In-wall volume control w/ integrated wall plate
- TSD 24V Power Supply:
- One TSD Power Supply (24VDC/500mA)
- Liberty Speaker Wire:
- 500' Length of 18AWG 2-conductor Plenum-rated commercial speaker wire
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Training Room or Classroom Sound System
System Overview: The Atlas Training Room Sound System, designed for schools and businesses, includes an Atlas PA1001G Pole Mount Amplifier, 6 Atlas FAP62T in-ceiling speakers, a MIX31RL 3x1 Mic/Line mixer with 24V power supply, one WPD-VC10K in-wall level control, and a 500' spool of Liberty plenum-rated, 18 ga. commercial speaker wire.
Amplifier Overview: The Atlas PA1001G is a 2 input, 70/100V amplifier that features a through-hole mounting method, allowing it to be ceiling-mounted in conjunction with a video projector. The PA1001G can also be rack mounted with the optional Half-Rack Mounting Kit (sold separately), giving it a wide range of uses, such as boardrooms and conference rooms, restaurants, and for commercial paging and background music applications. With one balanced line input and an unbalanced stereo RCA input, the PA1001G will accommodate a variety of input sources including audio from a projector or monitor display, CD players, digital music streamers, and more. The amp features a single output channel providing up to 100W to either 70V or 100V speakers.
Inputs: The PA1001G features 2 inputs located on the rear panel. Both inputs are electrically isolated and can be used at the same time. A single front-panel Gain control adjusts the signal level for both inputs.
- Balanced Input: This input is a 5-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connector that can accommodate line-level signals.
- Unbalanced Input: This is a stereo pair of RCA inputs for running audio signals such as from a video projector, display monitor, or audio player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
- Remote Level Control VCA: A rear-panel 2-pin Phoenix connector lets you connect the included Atlas WPD-VC10K single-gang "Decora" style wall plate with a 10kΩ potentiometer.
- Speaker: The single speaker output is a 2-pin Phoenix connector that provides the connection for either 70V or 100V speakers. 16 ga. or larger speaker wire is recommended.
- Line Out: A single unbalanced RCA jack provides a summed, line-level output signal that can be fed to additional amplifiers. The output signal can be set to either Fixed or can be assigned to vary with an optional Remote Level Control.
- Unswitched AC Outlet: A rear-panel AC outlet can provide power for other devices such as a video projector, audio player, or laptop computer. This outlet is live all the time, as long as the PA1001G is plugged into AC power, and can be used to activate the PA1001G using the AC Sense Trigger feature. When the connected device is powered on/off, the PA1001G will power on/off accordingly as well. This feature can be activated using the 4 switch DIP selectors.
Front Panel Indicators: The front panel features 3 LED indicators: a Power indicator that lights red when the AC Mains is plugged in, a Signal LED that illuminates green when the input signal reaches a level capable of driving the amp to full power, and a Limit LED that illuminates red when the input signal reaches the clipping point, or if a fault in the amp is detected.
- Power: A front-panel push-button lets you power the amp manually.
- Gain: A recessed front-panel dial adjust the overall mixed balanced/unbalanced signal level going into the amplifier.
- Bass&Treble: Two recessed front-panel dials let you adjust the bass and treble for the overall signal. Center detent is at unity, while turning in either direction will raise or lower the signal by ± 6dB @ 100Hz for the Bass control and 10kHz for the Treble.
- Audio Sense: The PA1001G can be powered on/off using the Audio Sense feature. This uses an incoming audio signal on either the balanced or unbalanced inputs to activate the amplifier. The Audio Sense dial adjusts the how low or high the input signal needs to be to activate it. Turning the dial to the right makes it less sensitive to activation and will require a louder signal to activate. Turning the dial to the left makes it more sensitive to the incoming signal level.
- DIP Switch Matrix: A 4 switch DIP matrix lets you make
the following selections:
- Sense On/Off: This determines if the PA1001G will be activated remotely, via Audio or AC trigger. With the switch in the Down position, the amp will need to be activated with the front-panel power button. In the Up position, the amp can be activated via Audio or AC Sense.
- Sense AC/Audio: This switch determines how the amplifier will be activated, either by an Audio signal or by AC Sense, if DIP switch #1 is in the Up position.
- Line Out Pre/Post VCA: This determines if the signals on the Audio Out jack will be Fixed or be adjustable using an optional Remote Level Control.
- High-Pass Filter On/Off: When this switch is in the Up position, a 100Hz (12dB/octave) high-pass filter will be applied to both input channels.
Pole Mount: The Atlas PA1001G features a 2" diameter sealed hole through the center of it, allowing it to be pole-mounted along with a video projector, sharing the same support pole. Hardware is provided for mounting so the amp will sit right above a projector.
Rack Mount: The PA1001G can also be rack mounted using the optional Atlas PA702-RMK Half-Rack Amp Mounting Kit. This allows the amp to be mounted in a standard 19" rack space. Joiner plates are also included, with the Rack Mount Kit, so two of the PA1001G's can be rack mounted side-by-side.
Speaker Overview: Atlas Sound Strategy Series II in-ceiling speakers are designed for commercial, industrial, and institutional applications. They are known for highly detailed voice, music, and signal reproduction. The speakers feature a white frame, and can be easily installed in drop-tile or drywall ceilings using a number of mounting options. The included 24-gauge perforated steel grille has a white epoxy finish, and simply press-fits into the speaker.
Drivers: The Atlas Sound FAP62T is equipped with a 6" polypropylene woofer with a 1" voice coil, and a Butyl Rubber surround. The 19mm (3/4") PEI dome tweeter is coaxially-mounted over the woofer. The drivers are housed in a low-profile 475 in³ optimally tuned and ported, deep drawn, galvanized metal enclosure.
Wiring Options: The FAP62T has a removable 4-pole Phoenix style / Euro connector for 70.7V, 100V, or 8Ω applications. This type of connector allows you to conveniently pre-wire the speaker connections, then simply plug them in when installing the speakers. The connector can accept bare wire up to 14-gauge speaker wire. The speaker is equipped with line matching transformers, requiring an amplifier capable of driving a 70.7V/100V line. Depending upon the amplifier's wattage rating and the number of speakers being driven by the amplifier, you can select a 2, 4, 8, 16, or 32-watt tap at 70.7V/100V. The tap selector is conveniently located on the front of the speaker, allowing you to set or change the taps without removing the speaker. You can also bypass the line transformers and connect the speaker to a consumer amplifier (the speaker has an 8Ω impedance).
Speaker Placement: The Strategy Series II in-ceiling speaker mounts easily into existing construction drop ceiling or drywall with the provided tile bridge assembly. The tile bridge assembly consists of two V-shaped mounting rails and a C-ring assembly. "Dog Leg" tabs hold the speaker securely in place. For new construction drywall applications, the optional FAP62-TR trim ring may be used to mark the location for drywall installers to cut around. Mounting holes in the trim ring accommodate 16" or 24" on-center joist mounting. The top of the FAP62T enclosure includes a support ring for attaching the mandatory auxiliary support cable for drop ceiling installations for safety and seismic considerations.
Mixer Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-MIX31RL is an ultra-compact 3 x 1 mic/line mixer, designed for background music applications where paging, with priority music override, as well as remote level control are needed. The mixer provides a balanced line-level output for running to an outboard amplifier or processor.
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-MIX31RL is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact black aluminum chassis.
Priority Paging: You can accomplish Priority Paging on the TSD-MIX31RL by contact closure or VOX trigger on Input 1 that will mute the audio on Input 3. You can adjust the sensitivity of the mute circuit using the Mic VOX Sense rotary control on the rear panel. If using Contact Closure, an optional dry contact switch can be used to mute Input 3 when the two contact pins are closed.
Remote Level: A rear-panel 2-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connector can be used to connect the included WPD-VC10K Wall Plate Level Control for remotely adjusting either the overall mixed signal level or Input 3 signal only (DIP switch #8 selectable).
Inputs: The TSD-MIX31RL features an unbalanced stereo RCA input and two balanced mic/line inputs (Phoenix connector) with switchable 24V Phantom power (for connecting condenser microphones). The two mic/line inputs feature high quality, low noise internal mic preamps and a selectable 12dB/octave, 125Hz low cut filter to eliminate rumble (DIP switches #4 & #6). Each input has a front-panel rotary level control knob to independently adjust the input signal levels.
Output: The TSD-MIX31RL is equipped with a single balanced line output on a 3-pin Phoenix connector.
Output Limiter: The rear-panel Output Limiter control can be used to set the peak output level. A corresponding Limiter LED lights when the Limiter is in use. The Limiter should be set after each of the Input Levels has been properly set for each input signal.
Front Panel Indicators: The front panel features 4 LED indicators: a Power indicator that lights blue when +24VDC power is present, a Signal LED that illuminates green when the input signal reaches 25mV, an Output Peak LED that illuminates red when the input signal reaches 3dBV below when signal clipping occurs, and a Limiter LED that lets you know if the internal Limiter is in use.
DIP Switches: There are 8 DIP Switches on the rear panel for configuring the mixer:
- Dip Switch #1: 24V DC Phantom Power for Input 1
- Dip Switch #2: 24V DC Phantom Power for Input 2
- Dip Switch #3: Input 1 Mic/Line selection
- Dip Switch #4: 125Hz low-cut filter for Input 1
- Dip Switch #5: Input 2 Mic/Line selection
- Dip Switch #6: 125Hz low-cut filter for Input 2
- Dip Switch #7: Input 3 Mute Receive (Off/On), mutes the audio on Input 3 when a signal is present on Input 1
- Dip Switch #8: Determines whether a connected Remote Level control adjusts all inputs mixed, or Input 3 only.
Power Supply: The included TSD-PS24V500MA is a 24-volt power supply that can provide up to 500mA of power. The power supply has a 2-pin Phoenix connector which plugs directly into the back panel of the mixer.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-MIX31RL. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Multi-Mount Plate: A versatile multi-position mounting plate is included to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall, and is ideal for use with rear rack rails or side rack hat channels.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
Security Cover: Three security covers are included to prevent potential damage or unwanted tampering with the front panel controls. The front panel knobs are removable to allow the installation of the security cover.
WPD-VC10K Volume Control: The Atlas WPD-VC10K is a decor-style, wall-mounted adjustable 10kΩ potentiometer designed for remotely controlling the level of compatible Atlas amplifiers. It can function with either 2- or 3-conductor VCA systems, with a range of up to 200 ft. using 22 gauge wire. The wall plate is made with durable ABS and can be labeled for easy identification. Rear wiring connections are made through a 3-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connector. The WPD-VC10K fits inside most standard 1-gang electrical boxes (2.75" deep).
500' Spool: The Atlas Retail Sound System bundle includes a 500' spool of Liberty 18 ga., 2-conductor commercial speaker wire, that's plenum-rated for use in air handling spaces.
- Frequency Response:
- High-Pass Filter Disengaged: 30Hz - 20kHz
- High-Pass Filter Engaged: 100Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power (70V or 100V): 100 Watts
- Power Consumption (Sleep Mode): 10W
- Idle Power Consumption: 16W
- Maximum Power Consumption: 165W
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.002
- Input Sensitivity:
- Line Input: 320mV
- RCA Input: 50mV - 320mV Adjustable
- Input Impedance:
- RCA Unbalanced: 10kΩ
- Balanced: 20kΩ
- Audio Turn-On Trigger: 1mV - 20mV
- AC Turn-On Trigger: 100mA
- Dimensions: Width = 8.50", Height = 1.75", Depth = 11.50"
- Weight: 4.9 lbs.
- Frequency Response: 63Hz - 20kHz (±7dB)
- Power Handling:
- 70.7V / 100V Systems: 2 - 32 watts
- 8Ω Systems: 50 watts RMS
- Sensitivity (1W/1M): 88dB
- Dispersion: 110°
- Dimensions: Diameter = 12.5" Height = 8.48" Cutout Diameter = 11"
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1dB)
- THD: 0.06% (1 kHz)
- Balanced: Two 3-pin Phoenix connectors (mic/line)
- Unbalanced: Stereo RCA jacks
- Outputs: 1 Balanced 3-pin Phoenix connector (line-level)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 85dBV (line to line), 78dBV (mic to line)
- THD: .06% @ 1kHz
- Dimensions: Width = 4" Height: 1.5" Depth = 2.5"
- Weight: 6 oz.