About the OSD Workshop/Outdoor Sound System Package
Versatile, value-packed streaming system for your workshop, deck, or patio
Versatile, value-packed streaming system for your workshop, deck, or patio
Want to add music to a workshop or outdoor space? With this package, you get the OSD Nero Stream XD integrated amp with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi streaming, a pair of OSD AP850 outdoor-rated speakers, plus a 100-foot roll of Crutchfield in-wall speaker wire.
A compact, flexible streaming amp
The Nero Stream XD integrated amp has built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi streaming, with the ability to expand into a Wi-Fi multi-room system.
OSD's Nero Stream XD is a compact and value-packed integrated amp that can handle your old-school wired and modern wireless music sources. Its flexible inputs, Wi-Fi multi-room capabilities, and super-compact footprint make it a solid option for a wide range of installations.
This amp's Class D circuitry will deliver 30 watts x 2 into the AP850 speakers' 8-ohm load.
Affordable Wi-Fi multi-room audio
The Nero Stream XD connects to your home network. You can then control it with the free OSD Audio app for iOS® and Android™ devices. And you can link it to additional OSD Nero components and control them independently or in unison.
In addition to the Nero Stream XD's Wi-Fi and high-quality aptX® Bluetooth streaming options, you get optical digital and analog stereo RCA inputs for connecting outboard components like a CD player or a turntable and phono preamp. A USB input lets you connect a thumb drive loaded with songs.
Speakers connect using the binding posts on the back panel. You can also listen discreetly through your headphones via the front-panel 3.5mm jack.
AP850 speakers use powerful drivers for wide sound
You can mount the IP54-rated AP850 speakers (shown in white) vertically or horizontally with the included mounting brackets.
Each AP850 speaker has uses 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter and an 8" polypropylene woofer for clear, smooth high frequencies and impactful mids and lows. The pair can cover an area up to 800 square feet.
Rugged weather-resistant housing and versatile mounting brackets
The speakers house their drivers in a rugged ABS polymer cabinet. The enclosure is IP54-rated, meaning it's resistant to both dust and water splashes.
These speakers come with unique mounting brackets that allow for 180° swivel and 60° tilt. OSD recommends installing the speakers under a covered area to maximize their lifetime.
- OSD Nero Stream XD with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®
- OSD AP850 outdoor speakers
- 100-foot roll of Crutchfield 16-gauge/2-conductor in-wall speaker wire (white jacket)
Nero Stream XD integrated amp specs:
- 30 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- front-panel volume/source select knob
- control using the free OSD Player app for iOS and Android devices
- Bluetooth 4.2 with support for high-quality aptX streaming
- Cirrus Logic CS8416 DAC (digital-to-analog converter) supports up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- signal-to-noise ratio: >95dB
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- 7-9/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-13/16"D
- weight: 2.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- stereo RCA input
- optical digital input
- USB input for connecting an external thumb drive
- binding posts for connecting a pair of speakers
- front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antennas included
- mono RCA output for connecting a powered subwoofer
- detachable power cord
AP850 speaker specs:
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter
- 8" polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 33-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- handles up to 90 watts RMS
- included full-motion mounting brackets can be used to mount speakers horizontally or vertically
- rust-proof aluminum speaker grilles
- IP54-rated all-weather housing
- 9-11/16"W x 15-1/16"H x 9-15/16"D
- weight: 11 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This outdoor sound system contains 3 individually boxed items:
- Nero Stream XD Amplifier:
- Integrated amplifier
- 70" AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2032 battery installed)
- 2 Antennas
- 2 Brackets
- User Guide
- AP850 Outdoor Speakers:
- 2 Outdoor loudspeakers (black)
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Locking knobs
- 2 Back covers (pre-installed)
- Installation Manual
- In-Wall Speaker Wire:
- 100' Spool of 16-gauge/2-conductor in-wall speaker wire (white jacket)
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the OSD Workshop/Outdoor Sound System Package
Nero Stream XD
AP850 Outdoor Speakers
System Overview: The OSD Audio Workshop/Outdoor Sound System includes an OSD Audio Nero Stream XD integrated amplifier and media streamer, a pair of OSD Audio AP850 outdoor speakers, and a 100' spool of 16 AWG, CL-3-rated in-wall speaker wire.
Nero Stream XD
Class D Amplifier Technology: The OSD Audio Nero Stream XD employs a highly efficient stereo Class D amplifier that is rated 30 watts x 2 channels (into 8 ohms) or 60 watts x 2 channels (into 4 ohms). Class D amplifier technology uses output transistors that are fully turned on or off during operation, which keeps distortion low and efficiency high.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Nero Stream XD integrated amplifier utilizes a high quality DAC (digital-to-analog converter) by Cirrus Logic, the CS8416. The Cirrus Logic CS8416 DAC supports up to 24-bit/192kHz stereo 2Ch audio.
WiFi Certified: The Nero Stream XD is WiFi Certified (802.11n; 2.4GHz), so you can make a wireless connection to your home's network router and ISP (internet service provider). A WiFi connection is required to use the OSD Audio Player app (for Apple iOS and Android OS), so you can access a variety of online music services and setup multiroom audio distribution with multiple Nero Stream devices.
- Use the OSD Audio Player app or the WPS button on the back of the integrated amp to setup a WiFi connection.
- Make sure the included antennas are installed and pointed up for WiFi reception.
- This unit does not offer an Ethernet jack for a hardwired network connection.
OSD Audio Player App: The OSD Audio Player App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) gives the Nero Stream XD integrated amplifier access to select online music services, as well as the ability to create a multiroom audio distribution system with multiple Nero Stream devices. It also functions as a wireless remote for the Nero Stream XD with source selection, volume control, and playback functions.
- Compatible Online Music Services: Online music services available within the OSD Player App include Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Napster. Subscription and purchase fees may be required for some services. The app will provide song/artist/album information (including album art), along with playback control for each compatible music service.
- Source Selection: In addition to accessing online music services, you can use the OSD Audio Player app to select a source input device such as Analog Line In, Optical Digital In, USB, or Bluetooth.
- Multiroom Audio Distribution: Link multiple OSD Audio Nero Stream devices throughout your home to create a whole house multiroom audio system that can be controlled directly from the OSD Audio Player App. You can choose which Nero Stream devices are being used in which zones, as well as play a different audio source and have separate volume control for each zone.
Note: The OSD Audio Player app requires that the Nero Stream XD have a WiFi connection to your home's network router and ISP (internet service provider).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming with aptX: The Nero Stream XD offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and remote control (AVRCP). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the OSD Audio integrated amplifier. You'll also be able to control Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the included remote. Advanced music control and song/artist/album information will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device. In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Nero Stream XD supports Qualcomm's aptX codec for "CD-like" quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) from streaming devices such select Android, Windows, and Mac OS devices (Apple iOS devices do not support aptX).
Note: Make sure the included antennas are installed and pointed up for Bluetooth reception.
USB-A Input: A rear-panel USB-A port allows you to connect a USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or HDD (may require external AC power) to the Nero Stream XD for playback of a variety of compressed music files including MP3, WMA, and AAC. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. There is no file/folder browsing and no song/artist/album information display.
Analog & Digital Inputs: The Nero Stream XD integrated amplifier is outfitted both analog & digital audio inputs. There is a stereo RCA input for connection of an external analog source device. There is also a optical (toslink) digital input for connection of an external digital audio source device. The optical digital input can support up to 24-bit/192kHz stereo PCM audio.
Note: The optical digital input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
Binding Post Speaker Outputs: The Nero Stream XD is equipped with binding posts terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You can connect a single pair of 8 ohm or 4 ohm loudspeakers.
Sub Out: The OSD Audio integrated amplifier features a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a powered sub. The sub out is full-range, so you'll need a powered subwoofer with a built-in low pass crossover frequency filter.
1/8" Headphone Jack: On the front of the Nero Stream XD is an 1/8" headphone jack for connection of a set of headphones. When a set of headphones is plugged in, the integrated amp's speaker outputs and sub out are muted.
Front-Panel & Remote Control: The OSD Audio Nero Stream XD offers front-panel and wireless remote control. A 3-way rotary dial on the front-panel control Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up/Down. The included IR remote control provides wireless operation and full control of the integrated amplifier. Remote control functions include Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track. A Main Power On/Off switch is located on the rear-panel of the integrated amplifier.
Note: There is no front-panel display. However, there are six front-panel LEDs that indicate Standby and Source Input (BT, OPT, USB, WiFi, Line-In).
AC Power Cord: The Nero Stream XD comes with a 70" AC power cord (C7, 2-prong) that will need to plugged into the back of the integrated amplifier and into and AC power outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Mounting Options: The OSD Audio Nero Stream XD can simply be tabletop mounted on a desk, shelf, countertop, or other piece of furniture with a flat surface. Mounting brackets are also included to secure the integrated amplifier in place on your flat tabletop surface.
Note: The included mounting brackets do not support rack-mounting or wall-mounting.
Amplifier Dimensions: Width = 7.563", Height = 2.125" (4.563" w/ antennas), Depth = 7.813"
AP850 Outdoor Speakers
Weather Resistant Enclosure (IP54): The OSD Audio AP850 outdoor loudspeaker utilizes an ABS polymer, bass reflex (ported) enclosure that has been silicone sealed, plus a powder-coated rust resistant aluminum grille and mounting bracket to withstand the outdoor elements. The OSD Audio AP850 is IP54 rated, meaning it is protected against water spray and dust build-up. The AP850 is designed to withstand all types of weather and perform under some of the harshest conditions.
Note: The AP850 is weather resistant, but not waterproof. It cannot be submerged in water.
2-Way Driver Design: The OSD Audio AP850 outdoor loudspeakers employs a two-way driver design featuring a 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter and 8" polypropylene cone woofer for dynamic, full-range outdoor sound (up to 800 sq/ft).
- 1" Ferrofluid-Cooled Silk Dome Tweeter: The OSD Audio AP850 features a 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter. This specialty tweeter material is well suited for outdoor applications because it is made from microscopic iron particles suspended in a non-conducting viscous oil which helps dissipate heat and promotes longevity.
- 8" Polypropylene Cone Woofer: The AP850 houses an 8" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround. Polypropylene is a popular speaker material due to the added stiffness and durability it offers over paper cones. Polypropylene cone woofers produce rich bass and detailed midrange for very balanced sound overall.
Spring Post Terminals: The OSD Audio AP850 outdoor loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of gold-plated spring post terminals. The spring post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 14AWG). The gold-plated terminals provide excellent signal transfer and are resistant to corrosion. Pin and banana connectors cannot be used, because there is limited space behind the protector cover that protects the spring post speaker terminals.
- Use 16AWG outdoor rated speaker wire (CL3/FT4) for runs up to 100'
- Use 14AWG outdoor rated speaker wire (CL3/FT4) for runs exceeding 100'.
Note: Volume controls (sold separately) can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area.
Mounting Options: The most ideal place to install the AP850 outdoor loudspeakers is the undersides of most eaves and overhangs as they provide the best protection. They will sound best when placed no more than 7' apart from each other, and slightly higher than ear level. If the speakers are more than 7' apart, toe them in toward the center of the listening area. Each speaker comes with its own powder-coated, rust resistant aluminum bracket to mount the speakers on the outside of your home. The brackets allow you to mount the speakers vertically or horizontally.
- Vertical Mount: When mounted vertically, the brackets let you swivel the speakers a total of 180 degrees (90 degrees left or right), as well as tilt the speakers a total of 60 degrees (30 degrees up or down). The speaker measures 9.6875" (w) x 15.0625" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when mounted vertically.
- Horizontal Mount: When mounted horizontally, you can swivel the speakers a total of 60 degrees (30 degrees left or right), as well a tilt the speakers a total of 180 degrees (90 degrees left or right). The speaker measures 15.0625" (w) x 9.6875" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when mounted horizontally.
Note: The mounting brackets can also be used to position the speakers vertically or horizontally on a tabletop or flat surface.
Paintable: The ABS polymer enclosure, aluminum grille, and mounting bracket can all be painted to match your outdoor decor.
- Nero Stream XD: 2 Years Parts & Labor
- SP850B Speakers: 1 Year Parts & Labor
- In-Wall Speaker Wire: 1 Year Parts & Labor
2 questions already asked