About the XM Direct 2 JVC Car Kit
This XM Direct 2 package includes everything you need to add XM Satellite Radio to your compatible JVC receiver: an XM Mini-Tuner, a CNP2000UC universal adapter, and a JVC connector cable. The Mini-Tuner connects to the universal adapter, then you use the connector cable to hook up the adapter to your JVC receiver.
Use your home computer to program the universal adapter for your JVC receiver you can reprogram this adapter to work with another brand in the future. Once connected, you'll be able to change channels and see programming information on your stereo's display. You can also use the included XM Mini-Tuner with your XM-ready home receiver or in another vehicle with a compatible dock.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required — learn about XM's programming. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location. If you have questions about the proposed XM/SIRIUS merger, read the XM Customer Promise. To view this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
What's in the box:
- This XMDirect² package includes two separate products: the CNP2000UC MiniTuner with car kit and the JVC XMDirect² Connection cable.
- The CNP2000UC MiniTuner package includes:
- XM Mini Tuner installed in docking station/car bracket (with attached 6.25' cable)
- Protocol Interface Adapter
- Snap-on cover for P.I.A.
- 75" USB Programming cable (with Type A USB connector on one end and a proprietary XM connector on the other end)
- Magnetic antenna with attached 22.75' cable (single SMB connector)
- Antenna cable rubber bumper
- Two 1-1/4" x 7/16" pieces of dual-sided tape
- Alcohol prep pad
- Surface Preparation Cleaning Kit
- Installation Guide (English/Spanish)
- The Clarion XMDirect² Connection cable package includes:
- XMDirect2 connection cable for JVC XM-ready car stereos (harness has 3' din cable terminated by proprietary connectors and yellow/black power/ground wires)
- 13" Yellow power wire with in-line fuse holder and 1-amp fuse
- Installation guide (English/Spanish/French)
XM Direct 2 JVC Car Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct 2 JVC Car Kit
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Product Overview: This package includes the Audiovox CNP2000UC XMDirect² Protocol Interface Adapter and the Audiovox XMDirect² JVC Connection Cable (CNPJVC1). With this package, you can install XM Satellite Radio to your compatible, satellite-ready JVC car stereo receiver. In addition to the hardware, you will need to purchase a subscription to XM Satellite Radio in order to receive programming.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences.
Compatibility: As the firmware is released to complete the compatibility between the XMDirect² tuner and a specific head unit, this package is added to the accessory list for the head unit; please check there to confirm compatibility.
Installation Overview: The XM MiniTuner, which comes installed in a docking station/car cradle, plugs directly into the Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA). The XMDirect² JVC connection cable for your car stereo plugs between your XM-ready JVC radio and the PIA via a 34-pin connection and the radio's J-Bus port. A J-Bus pass-through connection allows you to add other JVC components, such as a CD changer. You must also mount the magnetic antenna on the roof or trunk of your vehicle, and route the cables inside the vehicle so you can plug it into the docking station/car cradle. Power and ground connections must also be made to your vehicle and the JVC connection cable.
Protocol Download: Before installation, you must first download the proper protocol for your JVC stereo from the XMDirect² website. This requires connecting your PC to the PIA via the supplied USB Programming cable and accessing the Internet.
Note: You must have Windows XP Pro installed on your PC for programming the XM MiniTuner. This unit is not compatible with Vista.
Dimensions: The XMDirect² components have the following dimensions:
- MiniTuner in Docking Station/Car Cradle: Width=2.135", Height=2.793", Depth=1.185"
- Magnetic Antenna: Width=1.41", Length=1.739", Height=0.525", Cable Length=22.75'
- Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA): Width=2.765", Height=4.645", Depth=0.823"